Current Page: 28 of 176
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Otter ()
Date: June 12, 2007 06:15AM

rrmoderator, I believe most people don't know where to turn for the best type of assistance to make their lives what they would like. Impact is there so they go for it. Admitting they have a need for a psychotherapist isn't exactly appealing so possibly they see Impact or any other place as a less humiliating route to take.

Not everyone does research into things like this...obviously, because with all the bad stuff floating around about LGAT's, either nobody would go to them or they would go and discount the blogs and say to themselves "it can't be that bad." Either way, they are going in record numbers

Options: ReplyQuote
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 12, 2007 06:30AM

Otter:

How can it possibly be "less humiliating" to receive private counseling from a licensed professional than being subjected to large group awareness training (LGAT) without any guarantee of privacy in front of a live audience?

Professional counselors cannot violate confidentiality, per their licensing and board certification, which is one way the public is protected.

LGATs and their trainers/leaders have no such accountability.

Anyone that needs help can consult nonprofit community services, which quite frequently provide help lines, referrals and there is usually a readily accessible listing of board certified counseling professionals in the local phone directory.

You are right though, "nobody would go to [LGATs]" if they did the research and consulted with credible referal sources for help within their communities.

LGATs most frequently depend upon ignorance and devotees to recruit for them.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: June 12, 2007 06:38AM

Some people's thought process may be a bit different - one-on-one with a therapist is ok while a large group isn't ok. Others may think that having a therapist isn't cool, while its ok to go into a large group with others seeking something too. That type of group mentality works for some. And you are right - there is no guarantee of privacy, although I never was forced to divulge any info about myself and it wasn't paraded around the group like poopoo undies. I never felt picked on or humiliated by the trainers or staff. Others may have felt that way.

I'm only throwing out possibilities as to why someone would do Impact. My knowledge of their reasoning is only anecdotal at best.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 12, 2007 06:54AM

Otter:

You are beginning to go in circles a bit.

It seems what you are saying is Impact is somehow a replacement for professional counseling.

However, you and/or Impact are not in any way qualified to make an assesment about who is or is not in need of therapy.

Did you divulge any personal information at an Impact session?

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: June 12, 2007 07:35AM

rrmoderator
To whom it may concern:

Does anyone think Otter is contributing anything meaningful to this thread?

I am considering banning him from the board as he is just taking of space with nothing but ridiculous posts.
After seeing what has been posted today, It is apparent to me that Otter is seeking to gain control of the board with his smug and insensitive, [i:7cbe893351][b:7cbe893351]victim bashing[/b:7cbe893351][/i:7cbe893351] remarks. I for one am done listening to it. That goes for beaver1 as well. Neither of you have respect for what has been expressed here, none at all and I will not dignify you with responses to your asinine questions. All I see is that you are trying to turn our self disclosure against us to fortify your arguments for Impact. I'll leave it to your judgment Rick, but while I was seeing this situation in a similar light as former was, I do not any longer. This is trolling as I see it.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: June 12, 2007 07:48AM

Hi exImpact. I'm a bit confused...can you tell me why you believe I am victim bashing? I e-read all my posts and didn't see any of that. Please cite specific text I have posted.

And as to the reference to me taking over the thread - that's not against the rules and I have not posted as many times as you have...not by a long shot so if you believe I am taking over the board then I'm taking it from you.

Asking you questions is assinine? As I recall you asked a whole bunch of questions of me a few days ago. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. I find your mentioning of trolling off the mark. I have refrained from saying anything that would be attacking others but I can see many times others have said things about me that break the board rules of rudeness and trolling.

Would you care to share the reason you find it assinine that I ask what got you in Impact? Shaing may open a few eyes here. If you are giving the truth, give it all. What is anyone afraid of?

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: June 12, 2007 07:51AM

You may be right exImpact. I don't know. Yet I think Otter is suggesting some plausible reasons why people may choose an LGAT rather than go to a professional counselor. I think it could help to understand those reasons whether we agree with them or not.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: June 12, 2007 07:56AM

Just so I'm clear when I said exImpact asked me many many disrespectful questions, here is that text he posted:

Here are a few questions I think you should ask your TIT fiancé: What do you think of our accusations of TIT being a cult? I was there when we made the damn training, and I know the in’s and out’s of it and what went into making it. The angel readings and the apostolic staffs and the claims of godhood. I mean, for the readers of this post, I think it is valuable for them to know that TIT trainees believe that they are God. Not only A god, but also, literally GOD. How do you remain LDS and ILDS at the same time? How do you bring together the incompatibilities of the Berger doctrines and those of the LDS church? To be in TIT is to disbelieve in the patriarchal passing down of the priesthood. How do you reconcile that paradox? Or are you one of the LDS members of TIT who just thinks it’s all true, or that the truth will ultimately reveal itself? Have you told your bishop that you consider yourself a Christ? That you engage in healing circles with your wooden staff and that LDS men AND women invoke priesthood authority with people who think they have the same authority to create miracles and healing although they are not ordained? Also, if everyone is a god and has the authority to act on His behalf, does that not render LDS ordination impotent, and yes, all of the priesthood ordinances and endowments wholly unnecessary? Or do you just think you and the other LDS TIT members are walking the true Impact path and everyone else will catch up someday. If so, does that not neutralize any of impact’s claims that everyone is equal no matter their religious affiliation? What about other religions? If you believe there is no right or wrong, doesn’t that mean that everyone is right? And if so, why even believe in any religious distinctions and hold on to your now unnecessary LDS affiliations? Your fiancé is not LDS anymore whether she admits it or not. She is ILDS and her attachments to that church are irrational if she truly believes the TIT doctrine. How do you reconcile that everyone can be a prophet/seer/revelator? That eliminates the need to follow an ordained prophet. Also, if Lord Michael and Saint Germaine are so necessary to the progression and salvation of humanity, why has President Hinkley not revealed their necessary involvement? If it’s important enough for God to tell Hans that they are crucial, why not Pres.Hinkley? Or is TIT more pure and important a platform for this information to be given, and if so, why remain affiliated with the inferior LDS organization? The LDS church claims that it is ONLY through their revelation and doctrine that a man/woman may ultimately be saved. If you truly believe this, why wasn’t that organization good enough for you on its own? Or do you remain with that church, as I heard so many other ILDS members claim, because they desire to serve there and contribute to bringing true enlightenment to the organization, which effectively reduces their fidelity to the church down to lip-service. If you ask her these questions, I’d be interested in her responses

How can you attack someone who hasn't even posted on here? Troll.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: June 12, 2007 08:04AM

question lady
You may be right exImpact. I don't know. Yet I think Otter is suggesting some plausible reasons why people may choose an LGAT rather than go to a professional counselor. I think it could help to understand those reasons whether we agree with them or not.
Sure, but it's been said before. I mean, look at the boards and you will find a myriad of reasons why people do it. Insecurity, loss of meaning for life, etc. Any conceivable reason anyone seeks help for their mental health is plausible. These LGAT's prey on those reasons. Comparing an LGAT to professional group therapy is not a one to one comparison; LGAT’s have nothing to do with therapy, so any comparison is moot! Otter doesn't address the mental conditioning techniques, nor does he think they are in affect in his life when it is PAINFULLY obvious that they are. The use of these techniques is morally reprehensible, and any proponent of their use is morally culpable for the damage they cause.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: June 12, 2007 08:13AM

I agree completely with everything you just said exImpact.

Yet, people do go to these things and possibly because they don't like admitting they need help and a large group seminar could sound less threatening, although we know that they are dangerous.

Current Page: 28 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.