Current Page: 27 of 176
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Otter ()
Date: June 12, 2007 04:51AM

Thank you rrmoderator. So that I don't get booted here, where can I find a copy of those rules you just mentioned? Are they written here so I can follow them? I totally will follow them so I can continue to be a contributing member here.

Options: ReplyQuote
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 12, 2007 04:52AM

beaver1
Do you ban everyone from this site that has anything but negative and hateful things to say about impact? It seems to me that most of it is about a few people who were not able to see through all the impact gibberish and are pissed because they spent their time"volunteering" for Hans and Sally. I guess they were not bright enough to see through it, Cheers to them! I have been through Impact, and gained some insight, but never became an impact groupy like some bitter ex-members of TIT here.

Congratulations on your superiority. (By the way, most of these groups have special tricks and tactics to attract those pathetic souls with a deep and sickly need to feel superior. They know the flip-side of this need and they'll play you like a fiddle. Every similar group has its faction of these types and they are usually funneled into some type of leadership position where they can lord it over others.)

Oh, and don't be so quick to credit yourself for your lofty psychological status -- you've used the rote "apologist" form that gets passed out to potential defenders. Try to use some original words next time and not those that have been spoon-fed to you by the leaders. The longer you attempt to correspond with "victims," the less ~negative, hateful, and bitter~ you'll find them.

Ellen

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 12, 2007 04:54AM

Otter:

See [board.culteducation.com]

Note the link at the top of this page under the navigation bar "Forum Rules."

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 12, 2007 04:59AM

rrmoderator
If others here feel Otter has something meaningful to contribute and don't mind his gibberish -- OK.

But filling up threads with gibberish isn't that meaningful IMO, especially when they become repetitive.

As for "beaver"--as long as you post within the rules -- OK.

But please try not to repeat yourself.

LOL...

Funnily enough, they are the best advertisement for NOT going to any of these programs.

Ellen

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: June 12, 2007 05:04AM

Otter. Thanks for your posts. There is nothing needed to be said or rebuttled in your posts.

The garbage stinks very obviously to the rest of us members.

Especially since I am a graduate of Klemmer & Associaties seminars that feed the same stinky philosphy as Impacts has.

It is always refreshing to have someone like yourself come into this website and show the rest of us why we are so agianst these LGAT's.

Thank you RRmoderator for letting otter, and beaver post these messages.

They just reveal, and remind us all about the narcissism that these groups create in participants that have gone.

I am working on clearing out this in me. Thanks for showing me how messed up this self focus really is.

Wheeeewy.... Stinky stuff

IMPACT Trainings
Date: June 12, 2007 05:15AM

I actually laughed out loud at the last few posts. Thanks for an entertaining day.

Just read the rules - thanks rmoderator. I shall refrain from trolling or making fun of anyone here.

I didn't get an asnwer from formerimpactgrad (he may not have read it yet) so I'll ask you Rswinters...how did you come to the conclusion that Klemmer was evil? How long did you eat, drink and poop it before you discovered it wasn't what you wanted it to be? Same question Elena...I guess I'm taking a stab in the dark and say you attended one of these also.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: June 12, 2007 05:26AM

Otter:

Please try to understand that people don't have to drive drunk, smoke ciggarettes or engage in other risky or potentially unsafe activities to know that it's a bad idea.

Experience is not the only source of knowledge, though LGATs seem to use this repeatedly when they pitch their various programs.

There is such a thing as historical evidence, research and past consumer complaints to consider.

Impact has a troubled history that anyone considering its programs should consider carefully before paying for one of its courses.

And there are so many viable alternatives for practical people to consider rather than paying Impact regarding self-improvement. There is professional counseling, local support groups, continuting education at a community college or nearby university, just to name a few.

Why bother with Impact?

IMPACT Trainings
Date: June 12, 2007 05:42AM

Why bother with Impact? That's a pretty good question. I know the people going in those doors for the first time don't have a clue what they are facing, they only know what little their friends or family have told them. Perhaps the reason they stretch themselves to doing Impact, or Klemmer, or Landmark or any other place what is a clone of EST, is because they don't know where else to turn to effect a change in their lives. What they do know is that they are yearning for something better than what they have or else they wouldn't be seeking anything. Perhaps they have done therapy and not gotten the results they wanted, perhaps they were inspired by someone else who has made a difference in their own life (that one would fit me), perhaps they are easily controlled by a hyped-up Impacter, perhaps they are mentally unstable and are looking for something to cling to (like beaver said), perhaps they loved their first guest night and felt something...I know the list can go on and on and each person will have their answer as to why they went.

Another question is "Why Not Impact" and there may be as many justifyable answers to that one. There is something for everyone and they deserve to find what it is. Call me naive, but I believe in the goodness of humans and support them in their desires to make the most of their lives as they can. If they want to go to Impact, I will work with them to get them there. If they don't want to go..fine too. I am pretty neutral on that issue. I don't get into enrollment like some Impacters who feel its their life calling to get as many people to attend the trainings as possible.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: June 12, 2007 05:53AM

Otter:

But there are so many more credible alternatives for self-improvement without all the bad baggage, lack of meaningful accountability and/or history of personal injuries that seems to inherently haunt LGATs like Impact.

Given those many credible alternative choices LGATs are a needless risk.

And why settle for "only know what little" others may say?

Instead, it's common sense to do some research.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: June 12, 2007 05:58AM

Perhaps anyone who is posting here could answer the same question: Why did you do Impact? What got you there the first day and kept you there as long as you did. How long did you stay? I have already shared my reason for going in a post several days ago.

Beaver? Former? Ex? Skeptic? Anyone else care to chime in?

I know people from both sides of the camp - those who left after three hours, and those who have gone to TIT III and remain there.

Current Page: 27 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.