Re: IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: dazedandconfused ()
Date: November 27, 2007 04:21PM

I think its all unraveling.

I have known of those who have started coaching businesses. One of the coaches from impact that uses their skills to manipulate trainees is one of them that has talked of doing that on the side. I don't know if the powers that be know this is going on though.

Kind of scary if you ask me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: November 30, 2007 11:43PM

I know Impact openly supported a "Life Coach" named Kimile Levelle a few years back. I think they ended up giving her the boot when they realized the potential liability but for awhile Kimile was really being pushed hard. Apparently they thought Kimile was "in tune" enough that they admitted her to TIT 3 before she had taken the other TIT trainings. I have no way of knowing if they were getting some kind of kick back but there had to be more going on there.

Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: December 02, 2007 12:00AM

Observations on Impact Grad., Blake Ostler's Work

This philosopher certainly is prolific. On the blogs he participates in I found limited information extremely critical of his ideas, which they certainly deserve. As exImpact points out, there is a strong flavor of Impact ideas in his thinking. He denies that the Mormon religion has a doctrine, which would certainly be of interest to Bruce R. McConkie, author of "Mormon Doctrine," and who died in 1985, the same year Impact Trainings evolved to its present incarnation.

With all the volume of literature and tapes etc. Ostler has done it is significant that none of his work has been published in the "Ensign." He is an adjunct professor at BYU, but this appears to be an example of the extreme toleration and allowance that the LDS church will go to to implement the 11th Article of Faith.

Like Impact Trainings, Ostler never mentions prayer or the Holy Ghost. This is a significant similarity. Maybe they are all aware that blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is the unpardonable sin, so to just leave him out of the discussion, or trainings, reduces the risk of becoming a Son of Perdition.

Hopeful

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2007 12:09AM by Hopeful Soul.

Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: December 04, 2007 08:06AM

Believe it or not, some individuals in BYU's philosophy department are much more "liberal" than is commonly known. And though Ostler is not published in the Ensign, I am sure it hardly matters to him. Sunstone Magazine has published him, and they are definitely liberal LDS folk. That is who I think Ostler is catering to. Like it or not, LDS theology can be interpreted in a highly subjective way. It has allot of loopholes built in that the Brethren are loathe to discuss or acknowledge publicly, and this is what gets them in trouble and allows Impact to sheer off their sheep one at a time.

Date: December 18, 2007 06:26AM

It's been quiet around here. Talking to those 'in the know' it looks as though the idea of the mastery training level three is crumbling. Many people are not returning, sick of the gossip and drama that those who preach against it use. There are actually more people being kicked out. Looking at those that are 'asked to leave' they are the free thinkers. They are ones that actually act and make a difference in life. They are not one of the many inauthentic 'blind' sheep that follow the Berger 'no questions asked' philosophy. Impacts TIT 3 is actually looking more and more like a religion. The group is being infiltrated with little Berger wanna-be's that will tell on anyone to feel a part of the inner circle. The funny thing is one day those same people will be forced 'out of the fold' if they cannot do everything a good little '3-er' would. Predators lurk and as long as they can look the part they are allowed to staff and coach. It's starting to crumble. The true energy is showing and those truly wanting to make a difference are leaving because 'birds of a feather flock together' and its time for them to fly away. As long as the Bergers and their clones are creating a drama-filled, gossip ridden so-called 'self-discovery training' they will 'call forth' exactly what they 'deserve'.

Date: December 19, 2007 12:46AM

Interesting. Things were headed that way, even from the beginning. Every time the group got bigger, I saw more and more of it. I knew people who left TIT3 for those reasons.

So any word on the All-Grad training? I hear its at a hotel and they are stressing that trainees bring non-members to it. Sounds like it's turned into a "free", juiced-up Guest Presentation now. I mean, I know that trainees are convinced that spreading the training is for the good of the world (I believed that whole-heartedly at one point), but it is incredible that they can't see the prime motivation behind the trainings is maximization of financial gain! Looking back, it is amazing to see the rationalizations I would give into when I would see this and say, "Oh well, they deserve the money for all the good they do." God, what was I thinking? I was surrounded by people who were convinced the trainings were changing their lives while they morally and financially degenerated right before my eyes.

People who went into Impact without much money never, EVER turned it around, despite Lift-Off's The Secret Rip-Off "Gratitude Is the Key to Abundance-Call It Forth etc." nonsense. They just got poorer as the trainings sucked it out of their pockets through "tuition" charges, BAD financial advice (see above) and missed workweeks for trainings and staffing "opportunities". Those are fueled by Ward and the staff's relentless and passive guilt tripping through stern, disapproving and disparaging tones, comments, attitudes and other manipulations. Like a parent playing mind games with their rebellious teenager in order to get them to go to school or church. "Do it the way the Trainings want, when they want it and how they want it, or you are blessed on your way, destined to spin off the planet as we Ascend with the Masters of Light!" Of course, behind your back you are called "Heavy" or "Discordant" when they think someone might overhear them talking about you. In secure places, that veneer of Impactian civility goes out the window.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2007 12:55AM by exImpact.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: December 19, 2007 03:19AM

exImpact
They just got poorer as the trainings sucked it out of their pockets through "tuition" charges, BAD financial advice (see above) and missed workweeks for trainings and staffing "opportunities".

As your financial (and other (e.g. family, friend, mental state)) situation worsens, the more you need the cult to "help" you reach your unlimited potential. It's perfect. I saw it with a friend. Her life was a f*cking mess and for almost a decade she went to the lgat for a solution. Finally, I started to see that the more she sought "help" from the lgat, the worse things got for her.

Huh? What was I thinking? What were we all thinking? We weren't thinking! Or, we were thinking lgat-style which is neither logical nor reality-based; it's a facsimile of thinking. It's twisted magical fantasy; the art of self-deception and pathological delusion. We were thought-reformed and the catch-22 is that we were rendered unable to see that we were thought reformed.

Sinister. Evil. Very scary.

skeptic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2007 03:22AM by skeptic.

Date: December 19, 2007 03:31AM

And the ones who do see what is going on just want to get the hell out of there and not look back.

Date: December 19, 2007 04:13AM

All I have heard about the all graduate training is it is on Courage. Do you think they will teach all to have the courage to stand up to them? We'll see. As Hans and Sally play 'surrogate daddy and mommy' to many insecure people I wonder what will happen to those that actually still have use of their own thought process. They will probably be askd to leave or leave themselves and leave a trail of, "I honor their decision and their journey" from Hans with a behind the back whispering from Sally of "we have to get rid of the wise ones before they uncover the truth."

Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: December 19, 2007 08:53AM

Wow, I must have missed my invitation to the all grad party...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.