Re: IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: spiritual? ()
Date: February 01, 2008 01:31AM

There is a whole discussion about inner woman on page 37 of this forum. The following is an excerpt:

The second day we talked about acknowledging the true woman with in and the beauty of the natural curves of the woman's body. That's when we learned the sensuality dance. You basically move your hips around a whole lot while bending and swaying and running your hand up and down your legs and the side of your body. They suggest you practice it on a regular basis whether there's a man in your life or not. After this, different categories and personalities and roles that women take on are discussed. Things like bitchy, matronly, hurt, etc. Then stretch groups are formed around these characteristics. The woman are asked to go out and find clothing specific to this personality. One group is asked to be the confident runway models (they come in short skirts, modern tops and some type of leather boot), another is asked to get in tune with how sensual they really are (they come in lingerie), and I don't remember what the other groups come as. Before they leave the staff gives them an example of what the stretch could really look like. While the woman have been learning about their stretches the staff has changed into short black skirts and men's white shirts and dance around to "Men's Shirts, Short Skirts". In every inner woman training I've been in the end up taking off AT LEAST their tops and usually their skirts as well. Of course they've come prepared with sexy bras and underwear underneath.

Isn't stripping illegal in Utah? I have heard of one Inner Woman where a woman sat through the second half of the training completely naked. hmmm...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: February 01, 2008 01:50AM

spiritual?
utah
I'm confused what you mean by "Morality is relative". Can you explain.
Impact teaches that there is no right and wrong. Meaning that if you don't think it's wrong to have an affair with someone else in TIT because you believe they're your soul mate then you should follow that instinct and "trust yourself". Of course, when infidelity scandals such as this arise in the training the trainers will preach that what they really meant was to follow your inner voice, unless it tells you to break promises and commitments already made.
Relative morality goes against the purpose of missionaries in that they are trying to convert others to the LDS faith. There would be no point to this conversion if there is no such thing as right and wrong. Because there is no such thing as right an wrong it is commonly believed around Impact that there is no sin. Try convincing someone of the need for baptism if there is no sin.
In further response to your original question, in TIT 1 they teach that Satan is doing us all a favor by choosing to "dim his light" so much that he acts as a force of opposition, thereby giving us the opportunity to learn. Without this opportunity we would be stuck in ignorance. Therefore, we should thank Satan everyday for the gift of opposition he's giving us. While this, on the outset, seems to fit right in line with the LDS view of the plan of salvation, Impact only uses it to diminish the need for the atonement of Jesus Christ. Again, negating the very thing that missionaries are preaching.
The whole basis of the idea that we "deserve" things and don't "need" them is rooted in the fact that Impact believes we are all gods already and are perfect already. They teach that we don't "need" an atonement, we don't "need" miracles because we can create them ourselves and we don't "need" saving ordinances.
Off the record, my beliefs don't line up with either of these views, but that discussion is for a different time and place.
RIGHT, so, just leave your church and use your tithing (plus much much more! Can you put a price on the value created here?!?!) to fund our organization that is the only one on earth who can save it! etc. etc. In TIT I learned that Hans REALLY knows what Joseph Smith was up to and that the LDS Church today has strayed. So, most TITLDS stay active mainly to correct the church to it's true course from within. No wonder they wanted those kids to go on mission before doing TIT. That way their parents will be more likely to stay in the training a bit longer. Gotta get their paper stacks yo!

So, if I say "Impact is wrong", I am not wrong. Nor am I right. If you hit your kids at night, you are not wrong. You are simply teaching your kids what love is not so that they can learn what love is from some Impact grad some day. Of course, if you beat them to death, what is it exactly that they learned? Well, at least you are not wrong. You are just a not-working person who should be loved no matter what you do. OH yeah, maybe when your story is in the news and your not-working behavior is brought to the public, someone else will learn from your not-working behavior and not hit their kids so hard tonight. (I mean, prison sucks, am I right?) There you go. You are a lightworker and a hero. Awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2008 01:52AM by exImpact.

Posted by: utah ()
Date: February 01, 2008 02:56AM

So can you tell me more about what goes on in TIT (trainers in training right?). So they meet once a month on Mondays? Do they try to recruit more people right after their meetings. Just curious since that was when my friend was recruited on a Monday afternoon. And these TIT would be one of the trainers at Quest or Summit?

Date: February 01, 2008 03:40AM

They have recruitment Guest Presentations (GP) on Tuesday nights, TIT meetings once a month on a Monday. Lift-Off trainees HAVE to attend and are continually prodded to recruit. TIT members recruit as a matter of lifestyle. It is part of how they are supposed to be. I am not sure how to answer your last question, but I'll take a stab. The Quest and Summit trainers only train trainings and TIT (now the Life Mastery Trainings?), the GP's are usually done by Sally Berger or an office staff member. Is that what you wanted to know?

As for what goes on during TIT meetings, I know its allot of information to sift through, but allot of it is available on previous pages of this forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2008 03:42AM by exImpact.

Posted by: spiritual? ()
Date: February 01, 2008 07:05AM

utah
So can you tell me more about what goes on in TIT (trainers in training right?). So they meet once a month on Mondays? Do they try to recruit more people right after their meetings. Just curious since that was when my friend was recruited on a Monday afternoon. And these TIT would be one of the trainers at Quest or Summit?

They have a staff in all of the trainings that help with the "mechanics" of the training. They set up chairs and the room between breaks. They also are the "spiritual support" of the training. Doing light work when the trainees get "stuck" is their main job. I know in Quest they recently changed it so the entire staff was made up of people in TIT. I don't know if they had to change it back, though, because there weren't enough people to share the load. How much time can you get off work to staff, go to retreats and do all of the other responsibilities Impact requires of their "faithful members"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2008 07:11AM by spiritual?.

Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: February 04, 2008 10:50AM

Concerning utah's question 4, about dating a mastry level trainee as a core training drop out. You would be definitely on widely divergent paths. The simplest thing would be to look to other relationships. To continue this one will require much patience and charitability. You can expect a mecurial relationship with swings from impossible to great and back again in a continuing cycle of up and down. Remember, active Impact people are processed and have contolled minds and will not act rationally when going through the hellish Impact induced mood swings. TIT folks will loose interest and drop out, get kicked out, or continue indefinitely. You can expect the "second hand smoke effect" on yourself, even when not in training yourself, until the person pulls away and becomes de-processed. "Enrollment," (recruitment) is part and parcel of being processed. You can therefore expect continuing attempts to process you that will vary in intensity with mood swings that I don't full understand. Maintaining a sound relationship will be very difficult, but not totally impossible. If you are successful, I would be most happy to hear just how in the hell you did it. You would truly be a saint.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2008 11:03AM by Hopeful Soul.

Date: February 04, 2008 11:40PM

I used the word "mercurial" (although misspelled) in the last post. I wanted to use the meaning of being characterized by rapid and unpredictable changeableness of mood. I don't attribute this solely to LMT/TIT level training. The person I am using as an example of the mercurial behavior began acting that way immediately after and even during Quest training. Perhaps this is a rare outcome, but I don't think so. I don't want to be like the person who said "All Indians walk in single file, at least the one I saw did." I just wanted to give utah a sample of what I observed. Perhaps others could comment on this mercurial behavior I have observed as an outcome of Impact Trainings. Statistically my "n" is pretty small.

Posted by: dazedandconfused ()
Date: February 06, 2008 06:47AM

These are my experiences only.

My experience of being in a relationship with someone extremely immersed in TIT is hell. The fact that they learned accountability and how to coach go against eachother. Since being in the training I have never had a discussion with another member of TIT that has been accountable. If something were to happen that 'didn't work' and I approached the other being 'accountable' for my part they would use their vocabulary to say, "What's coming up for you?" or "I guess this looks like your history but it's really not". Get two people in TIT that are in a love relationship together and you can see how many just belittle and stay unaccountable by coaching eachother. It turns into a sickness. When you finally break free you can see how hard it is to be in a relationship that is based on being right. I've seen it continue to where the children in these families have learned how to turn it around and blame their parents when they have made a hard choice and coach them. It is really quite sad the sickness that corrupts the mind after being so trained.

Also the morality issue.

Haven't you heard that Hans and Sally are the new moral authority?

At least that's what I've been told..

Couples & Commitment....the training that keeps bad marriages going for way too long until someone finally cheats on the other with some other soul-mate in the training or leaves.

Date: February 06, 2008 10:00PM

Dazedandconfusted, you have put your finger on the issue in a way that clearly is not dazed and confused. The issue is hypocrisy. You state that coaching and accountability go against each other. It is the mote and beam issue addressed in the New Testament. While TIT/LMT folks preach accountability they are unaccountable. While they preach peace they practice conflict. While they preach trust they are full of suspicion. What a tormented state they are in during the down cycle of their periodic mood swings. exImpact has stated that he was able to pull away from Impact onlywhen he began to realize the logical conflict of the Impactian philosophy/religion. Terrible Instability Torment (TIT) has become Loathsome Mercrurial Theology (LMT). I would agree that a releationship with a person extremely immersed in TIT is in one word "hell." Fortunately the mood swings do permit experiencing heaven between the hellish low points in the cycle. I guess the objective is to dampen the ups and downs and try to move the whole experience up. What seems to work best is to show a gentle heart, difficult as that may be at many times.

Thank you for your experience.

Date: February 07, 2008 01:56AM

dazedandconfused
These are my experiences only.

My experience of being in a relationship with someone extremely immersed in TIT is hell. The fact that they learned accountability and how to coach go against eachother. Since being in the training I have never had a discussion with another member of TIT that has been accountable. If something were to happen that 'didn't work' and I approached the other being 'accountable' for my part they would use their vocabulary to say, "What's coming up for you?" or "I guess this looks like your history but it's really not". Get two people in TIT that are in a love relationship together and you can see how many just belittle and stay unaccountable by coaching eachother. It turns into a sickness. When you finally break free you can see how hard it is to be in a relationship that is based on being right. I've seen it continue to where the children in these families have learned how to turn it around and blame their parents when they have made a hard choice and coach them. It is really quite sad the sickness that corrupts the mind after being so trained.

Also the morality issue.

Haven't you heard that Hans and Sally are the new moral authority?

At least that's what I've been told..

Couples & Commitment....the training that keeps bad marriages going for way too long until someone finally cheats on the other with some other soul-mate in the training or leaves.

Two people can remain unaccountable by coaching each other, very true. If you have two people who are utterly convinced that they are clear all the time, they will invariably seek loopholes and outs in accountability EVEN AS THEY CLAIM ACCOUNTABILITY (hey, it is BUILT into the terminally flawed system), in the end you get something like dazedandconfused described. Two assertive people rarely can stay together once they take the training.

OR

If one person is passive and the other is aggressive, you will find that one dominates through "honest and unconditionally loving" coaching and feedback and the passive one continually internalizes it, knowing they are accountable and the coacher is well, not right, but YES, RIGHT, it is continually all their fault, and they will, well, not try, but in reality, YES, TRY to do better. After all, we say we love each other and are honest, so their continued life crushing domination through coaching is OK. Spousal abuse finds yet another form built into the Impact ethic...

OR

you get two passive people (God save them) who are so accountable for everything, nothing changes. They are so passive and so meek, together they are utterly useless. I remember a particular couple in TIT3 that was incomprehensibly dense, sappy as a pair of pancakes and absolutely oblivious...

Infidelity breeds and thrives in this kind of sick environment. I know this may be a bit off topic, but so many trainees and trainers think they are only accountable to themselves, after all, if you ARE god, why give your power away to anyone? The reality, if you think you are accountable only to yourself and you are a horrible person, you become a monster. Lip service to commitment and keeping your word is all the rage over there. It is due to this inconsistency: You go through the training learning to be honest and accountable, right? But you are ALWAYS being accountable to the trainers. ALWAYS. That behavior becomes reinforced, and they want you to continue to be accountable to them so they can monitor and watch your behavior. After all, you can trust them right? You think you have had this boundary breaking, intense experience of unconditional, universal love and acceptance, right? So why not enroll, right? Why not ignore all of the logical contradictions, right? That is just your ego mind, right? God doesn't work in logic, and mathematics and logic haven't proved that contradictions are impossibilities BY DEFINITION, RIGHT? After all, Impact sites scientific examples to further prove their ideas and theories right? It MUST be your ego mind that tells you that they only use examples that serve their own interests, purposes and points of view, ignoring all of the other BOUNTIFUL examples from those sciences that conflict and outright DENY the KEY POINTS of the FOUNDATION for their entire bullcrap, pocket-picking CON. Good thing you have that ego mind to tell you when you are wrong, right? Oh, wait. Right and Wrong don't exist....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.