Current Page: 21 of 28
Getting back my life and thoughts after LGAT/ Landmark
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: July 02, 2007 06:01AM

normally if you benefit from something, like a good restaurant whatsoever you will tell your friends
But Landmark uses 1/3 of the time telling you how impotant it is to tell your friends, and they are SO serious and not accepting any other opinioins at that point

WHAT A BRAINWASHING NONSENSE ... CHILDISH ACTUALLY :evil: to think that noone will see the intention behind

But I saw so many adult and intelligent people finally falling for recruiting people for Landmark like zombies

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: July 20, 2007 02:12AM

MartinH
normally if you benefit from something, like a good restaurant whatsoever you will tell your friends
But Landmark uses 1/3 of the time telling you how impotant it is to tell your friends, and they are SO serious and not accepting any other opinioins at that point

WHAT A BRAINWASHING NONSENSE ... CHILDISH ACTUALLY :evil: to think that noone will see the intention behind

But I saw so many adult and intelligent people finally falling for recruiting people for Landmark like zombies

yes it is amazing how people start to be zelotos for landmark when they stared out being regular people going about their reagular lives and now suddenly they have become this salesperson for an entity they didn't really know existed before.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: July 20, 2007 06:10AM

nettie
yes it is amazing how people start to be zelotos for landmark when they stared out being regular people going about their reagular lives and now suddenly they have become this salesperson for an entity they didn't really know existed before.

Very true, and this is so telling. It amazes me to this day that *I* was selling the "course" to people. That is NOT who I am. I was covertly manipulated into doing it. I was [i:6f2fcd549a]used[/i:6f2fcd549a] by the lgat, and I thought I was engaged in "work" toward personal growth!

It's to the point that, from what I've examined so far and found to be lies, I think every thing about the lgat was a sham! And, from that standpoint it's inconsequential if I got some benefit. It's like finding some "good" in an abusive relationship. It's beside the point. That's my yardstick on the whole schitck.

skeptic

Date: July 20, 2007 06:20AM

P.S. There was *one* benefit I thought I'd gotten but I found out from an excellent CBT therapist that it had NOTHING to do with the lgat, per se. It has bothered me that the place I got the most resolution of a persistent problem was in the lgat. I can scratch off that ONE "benefit" I *thought* I got from the lgat. The grand total now is ZERO.

I do remember being a fake person, playing a role and trying to get it right - the lgat way. At the time I guess I thought I was benefitting from my new self. I no longer see it that way. I see that my growth was delayed during those years.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: July 20, 2007 04:04PM

it is so good talking to you !

Date: July 22, 2007 04:27AM

so good talking to you too!

Posted by: funnyguy ()
Date: July 23, 2007 02:52AM

I was involved in Landmark in the early to mid 90's and I was brainwashed into a cult like business environment. Everything that has been said in this thread strikes me as accurate about what Landmark does. If someone wants to free themselves from this crap I recommend reading everything you can about how mind control and persuasion tactics work so you can begin to deconstruct what happens to you. After a couple of years after I left the work and studying all the things I could I finally accepted that I had been manipulated and even though some part of me I think knew it I as unconscious to it. I'm not anymore! I wish the Board was around when I got sucked in.

Re: Getting back my life and thoughts after LGAT/ Landmark
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: December 15, 2007 07:29PM

Landmark teaches you that all good things come from your participation in Landmark and all bad things come from your faulty machinery. How can anyone believe that crap?! I may have already written about it but here it comes again: intelligent people stood up and said "I owe my life to this work" or "I have gotten my life out of the Forum".

I hope the people has regained their sanity now - how can you be so completely brainwashed to say such crap?

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: December 18, 2007 02:01AM

I think I've always owned my mind...including who I let in it. It's unfortunate other people have nefarious intentions...I know how easy it is for someone to steal the key while you're not looking.

Posted by: ricketybridge ()
Date: December 24, 2007 09:37AM

Wow, Nettie, as people have been saying, this is extremely fascinating and enlightening. It's actually given me a lot of understanding and empathy for a couple of relatives who used to be a part of Landmark--whom me and my siblings would harshly deride for their relatively weird behavior, but now whom I will have to look at in a more compassionate way.

I find it kind of bizarre that Rick Ross doesn't label Landmark as a cult. I suppose it must not meet one or more requisite criteria to be classified as such, but if it's not a cult, it certainly is an extremely damaging experience.

Stuff like this (and my own, similar experience, of course) has made me averse to all kinds of self-help, self-transformative crap, and, in turn, has made me even more unsure about how to live, which, frighteningly, makes me even more susceptible to such mind control, but such is life.

Hope you're well,
Rickety

Current Page: 21 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.