Current Page: 49 of 114
Mankind project
Posted by: Skeptic_X ()
Date: December 13, 2006 04:54AM

I greatly apologize to anyone that I have offended. I did state in my original post that this was all only my OPINION. I was careful to not say things like "you are," or "you did." as I did not want to single anyone out. I also apologize to you what2do, I read almost this entire thread in one sitting so by the time I posted the stories had run together for me, I do realize that what I typed seemed rude, and I did not want it to appear that way. I was careful to use a lot of "maybe" statements, and I did state that I was playing devil's advocate. My intention was not to demean or push aside anyone else's views. My whole purpose was to throw out another way to look at the topic. What I have seen from both sides is that no one wants to give on any topic, but the situation is not that cut and dry. There is a lot of gray in between, and that's what I was trying to point. I feel badly that anyone at all had a negative experience, whether with the MKP or any group or religion. And as I stated I do not in general support this group, I was only trying to offer my view, and that's all it is. I do however support my husbands decision to attend, and his decision to not go to any follow up meetings. I am NOT defending the MKP, what I am defending is the 4 men I know that went through the weekend. They are not brainwashed or anything like that and I wanted to take the chance to defend THEM, not the organization. Maybe their experiences were different then the one's here. It seems like people only want to hear the bad side and nothing else.

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind project
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: December 13, 2006 04:56AM

Also, regarding susceptible types not signing on, the courses are not advertised as using coercive persuasion. How would recruitees even know? Coercive persuasion is the name of the game, but the attendees aren't privy to that. That's how LGATs get their victims. Trickery. Deception. Lies. LGAT.

Mankind project
Posted by: kingo ()
Date: December 13, 2006 05:50AM

I'm new here. I've always been interested strange groups and cults since the 70's when so many appeared on the scene and in newspapers. The most interesting thing, of course, is the documented craziness such the hare krishnas murders and child molestations, for example.

I'm not a member of any dogmatic organization, but I don't necessarily criticize them just because they have nutty beliefs.

Now I've looked at the previous two posts, and I don't see anything to cause me alarm. The nature of their beliefs is common to many religious and new-age groups. I don't see anything sinister in them by themselves.

Who can direct me to specific documented cases -- for example, a lawsuit and its depositions -- containing testamony of abuses.

When I see a statement such as "It is horrifying what these men and women go through."[/color:d344ccf484] I want to then see what they actually go through.

Their manuals may or may not contain anything that proves they abuse people. If I'm writing their manual, I'm not going to put anything in it that can be used against me.

Just the fact they use a group approach doesn't show me they are a bad group. The list of things I read about what may happen in groups could be applied to any group; religious, corporate, governmental, social or anything. There is no law against any of it.

So can anyone direct me to specific instances of abuse that are documented? Because that's all I'm interested in. I don't want to hear any allegations that aren't documented, because those could be motivated by a number of things other than actual wrongdoing.

thank you.

Mankind project
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 13, 2006 06:03AM

Read the entire thread from beginning to end.

Note the links and read them also.

Do you or does anyone you know have any ties to MKP?

Mankind project
Date: December 13, 2006 06:07AM

rrmoderator
Read the entire thread from beginning to end.

Note the links and read them also.

I don't have time to do that. There are 33 pages. Just show me one good case.

Mankind project
Date: December 13, 2006 06:09AM

If you don't have the time to research the subject why bother to comment about something you know so little about?

Mankind project
Date: December 13, 2006 06:12AM

rrmoderator

Do you or does anyone you know have any ties to MKP?

No. I do not know of anyone personally connected with this particular group. I have no ties to any of these groups.

What I'm interested in is the type of group and the stories of peoples' experiences. But they have to be verifiable. Preferably verified and documented.

Mankind project
Date: December 13, 2006 06:15AM

rrmoderator
If you don't have the time to research the subject why bother to comment about something you know so little about?

If I'm in a library I might need the librarian to help me find what I'm interested in.. Because I want to get there the easiest way.

I could go and read everything on the internet about something, but I would rather ask someone who is already familiar with the subject.

Mankind project
Date: December 13, 2006 06:19AM

Kingo said,

I've looked at the previous two posts, and I don't see anything to cause me alarm. The nature of their beliefs is common to many religious and new-age groups. I don't see anything sinister in them by themselves.

However, as you have admitted this a long thread.

Expressing an opinion based upon a couple of posts isn't very good research.

Frankly, at this point you don't know much about the subject you are posting about.

Mankind project
Date: December 13, 2006 06:25AM

rrmoderator
Kingo said,

I've looked at the previous two posts, and I don't see anything to cause me alarm. The nature of their beliefs is common to many religious and new-age groups. I don't see anything sinister in them by themselves.

However, as you have admitted this a long thread.

Expressing an opinion based upon a couple of posts isn't very good research.

Frankly, at this point you don't know much about the subject you are posting about.

And I don't claim to know anything.

I thought this was the "Cult Education Forum".

But when I ask for information and guidance, I'm not getting any help.

I would think you would be happy to show someone the information they're looking for.

Current Page: 49 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.