Current Page: 51 of 114
Mankind project
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: December 14, 2006 07:25AM

cccoveguy,
Ah, I see. I wasn't sure what you meant by irrelevant. If you were just applying it to my whole reply or to the quoted one. Yeah, my comment was an irrelevant jab, one I apologized for. And unfortunately the plethora of resources humankind has to turn to for help do not always pan out. I will say my education and a few years of therapy has turned me around. I think I am quite healthy and am comfortable with the kinks I will be ironing out, probably for the rest of my life (defensiveness included :) ). Unfortunately my friend unlike yourself, it is the ignorant, unsteady, undereducated and unfortunately middle to lowerclass people who fill most the seats, and they are the ones who sustain most of the damage (and perpetuate it). Although the wealthy and educated can be worse off if they are insecure, because the new sense of empowerment strengthens their asshole muscles and they can be the biggest jerks of them all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind project
Posted by: CampMuir ()
Date: December 14, 2006 07:33AM

Skeptic_X
Who or what benefits from the MKP? What do you think is their motive and true reason behind this group? What is it that you think they are trying to accomplish? Who or what gains from any of this? (I am asking for your, or anyone's, sincere answer.)

Sincerely, I believe these answers to fairly unavailable to the general public and even those that have "young" careers within MKP. I kept getting sideways answers when I raised concerns of MKP finances. I was always troubled by the "secretive" nature I was asked by MKP to take on with my spouse. Soon, I found myself questioning why there was such a need for powerful anger to process issues in men and this troubled me. I made the mistake (hindsight) where I then announced these concerns. I was then told, by a low-level leader, that I was a dangerous man and could not be trusted. In otherwords, making the point that maybe I did not belong.

I then started seeking out help and am now seeing a therapist to help me with my issues and the new issues of exiting MKP.
Skeptic_X, I was glad to have found this to fill in those gray areas you have mentioned. I've done my homework as recommended here and unfortanetly am left many more questions now.

I appreciate the idea of asking what "good" comes from MKP as I believe that not all is "wrong" in this world. But, I have retracted my recommendations to friends to attend MKP. Not because of the few dangerous people that might find solice there, but because of how the process of MKP's structure is built in such a fashion that it does not encourage growth to re-enter society. This exclusitivity does not foster an open community. I know that there are regilous sects (I am an agnostic) that also harbor secrets, but a far more open on a sliding scale.

Cheers,
Mike

Mankind project
Posted by: kingo ()
Date: December 14, 2006 07:48AM

rrmoderator
Skeptic_x:

If you go back on the thread there is some discussion about the money and salaries within MKP.

People are paying for MKP and there are financial benefits and honor accorded to the creator/founder.

oh horrors! they're accepting money from people! what a fiendish organization! financial benefits!! and honor!! they truly are doing horrible things to men and women.

there you have it. proof they're a destructive cult.

Mankind project
Posted by: cccoveguy ()
Date: December 14, 2006 08:17AM

exImpact
Unfortunately ... it is the ignorant, unsteady, undereducated and unfortunately middle to lowerclass people who fill most the seats...
and dare I say it... "mostly white"? That's my experience, any way...

Mankind project
Posted by: CampMuir ()
Date: December 14, 2006 11:58AM

OK...I just have to pass along a some movie lines...

DONKEY- What's the point of being able to talk if you gotta keep secrets?
FIONA- Promise you won't tell. Promise!
DONKEY- All right, all right. I won't tell him. But you should. (goes outside) I just know before this is over, I'm gonna need a whole lot of serious therapy. Look at my eye twitchin'.

Shrek is a great movie...

Cheers,
M

Mankind project
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 14, 2006 09:24PM

Kingo:

Doesn't seem like you are here for much other than "flaming," which is against the rules you agreed to.

Mankind project
Posted by: cccoveguy ()
Date: December 15, 2006 02:47AM

CampMuir
...because of how the process of MKP's structure is built in such a fashion that it does not encourage growth to re-enter society. This exclusitivity does not foster an open community.
[b:1e1c004489]Right on[/b:1e1c004489]!!!

Mankind project
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: December 15, 2006 04:16PM

cccoveguy
exImpact
Unfortunately ... it is the ignorant, unsteady, undereducated and unfortunately middle to lowerclass people who fill most the seats...
and dare I say it... "mostly white"? That's my experience, any way...
yes. Mostly white...mostly. :)

Mankind project
Posted by: directly ()
Date: December 19, 2006 09:59AM

My husband at the time fell in the MKP several years ago and was much the worse for it. He returned with far less self control than previously and with a tremendous amount of uncontrolled and inappropriately expressed anger. His new friends had many devastating psychological issues. He became inflexible about the "rightness" of the MKP. He seemed unable to function without multiple men's groups and his I group. Various symbols of his experience (staff, amulets) found their way into our home and were used to ridicule the non-believers. Brainwashing anyone? Practicing psychology without a license?

Mankind project
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 27, 2006 05:37AM

Someone from the Mankind Project has started a new thread about the group and claims he wants to answer questions.

See [board.culteducation.com]

Current Page: 51 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.