Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: quote, unquote "Real Love" - $$$
Posted by: ANON541 ()
Date: January 24, 2017 05:51PM

Why is this dependence on others to love you wrong? This idea of getting others to love you, why is it wrong?

Because the whole idea with love is that it is about you being loving. It doesn't matter what other people do, you be loving.
If it was about getting other people to love you, as is taught here... well that has always been the whole problem.

We all know how to get other people to love us. Just alter our behaviour in such a way that it meets their expectations. That's how we lose ourselves and that is always how we have lost ourselves. In that way we have become palatable to others and disconnected from ourselves, disconnected from our own hearts. We have become cult zombies.

And that is in general what we have here. People in "reallove" know how to get approval from Greg and the reallove coaches. You simply repeat the reallove cliches. You ditch your boyfriend or partner when they tell you to. You sign up for retreats, seminars and interventions. And if you really want to be loved and approved of you become a mormon according to this group.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DINGO ()
Date: August 16, 2017 01:31AM

ANON 541 I can only but totally agree with you. I am however very concerned for genuinely mentally and emotionally vulnerable people who may get entangled in this system, who really do need professional help - which sadly has seen the brunt of NHS cuts to services. Trying to extricate myself at the moment, but being made to feel there is something wrong with me, I will never ever find love in my life as only RL can provide what the whole world needs. I'm struggling with all the unsubstantiated claims made by the founder, the inconsistencies, and the contradictions. It all sounds good, but feels so fatally flawed.

Posted by: ANON541 ()
Date: August 16, 2017 03:13AM

This requires a lot of clarity. A lot.

You don't find love. Love is something you do regardless of what other people are doing. That's how you have it.

Also, it is helpful to notice we create and are responsible for our own feelings. No one outside of us makes us feel a certain way [though they sure try]. We have to stop trying to suck on others people's energy and be radiant love ourselves.

That can only be done by eliminating the core wound... the belief "there is something wrong with me."

Posted by: bunny_mac ()
Date: November 16, 2017 03:08AM

Hi Dingo,

How have you gotten on with extricating yourself? I fear I may have lost my partner of 6 years to Real Love. Long story short, I expressed my concerns about it being quite cult-like and my worries that it would have a negative affect on our relationship (which is/was actually really fantastic, open, honest and healthy) and suddenly he's decided, in spite of the fact that we're not experiencing any problems, that he needs 'a break'. I'm so worried about him and I fear that he's throwing everything into this because he's been promised that RL is the only answer and he's in a really bad place right now. Any advice on how to approach this? TIA.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.