Current Page: 9 of 9
Landmark’s logic, New Age Medicine and What the Bleep ...
Posted by: caligari ()
Date: July 04, 2005 07:39AM

elena
caligari

I think that Flores doesn't openly repudiate est/Landmark because they have a philosophical kinship.

-- Caligari

I dunno....maybe I'm a litttle more ~cynical~ or something, but I just suspect there is more to his "silence" than that. After all, there was much fanfare generated and I'll bet lots of Landmarkers were disappointed when he ~disappeared.~ Who would be likely to know? And, more importantly, speak about it? I'll bet there's an interesting angle somewhere that some journalist could investigate. Hmmmmmm.....

Personally, I think everything Werner Erhard touched became "tainted" by the contact, (even the scientology, LOL), and if it were my "work," I'd take some measures to distance myself from the man. I dunno......just thinking out loud, really.

Ellen

Without the flourishing of mysticism and gurus of the 1960's, Werner might still only use smarmy sales tactics to have people buy something like used cars, encyclopedias, etc.

-- Caligari

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elena ()
Date: July 04, 2005 08:36AM

caligari

Without the flourishing of mysticism and gurus of the 1960's, Werner might still only use smarmy sales tactics to have people buy something like used cars, encyclopedias, etc.

-- Caligari

LOL! Good point.

I wonder what current stuff they are incorporating into the mix. Any thoughts? (Besides "cognitive therapy" perhaps, which isn't that current and at least twenty or more years old.) They'd have to come up with new "adoptions" to lure in the new generation, though it's funny how much of the old stuff they retain. May have something to do with their own twisted ideas of ~integrity~ or something. (I've seen the archaic "be/do/have" thing recently. Can't remember if that was ElRon or Napoleon Hill.)

Ellen

Posted by: elena ()
Date: July 04, 2005 09:13AM

Also, how funny is it that he made a ton more money selling ~nothing~ than he ever did selling something.

I'll bet he's having a good laugh about that.

Ellen

Posted by: caligari ()
Date: July 04, 2005 09:27AM

elena
Also, how funny is it that he made a ton more money selling ~nothing~ than he ever did selling something.

I'll bet he's having a good laugh about that.

Ellen

Yup, it may have been an epiphany that he could make much more on placebos and avoid liability.

-- Caligari

Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.