Current Page: 2 of 9
Landmark’s logic, New Age Medicine and What the Bleep ...
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: June 04, 2005 08:58AM

Timmer
What makes you think that "What the Bleep" is associated with Landmark?

Peharps I wasn't clear in my post. When I talk about <<Landmark's cult movie "What the bleep...">> I don't mean it originated from Landmark. I simply mean that it has become a cult movie for those people at Landmark. I think they consider that movie as supportive science to their beliefs. However, there is very little or no science except speculations about the meaning of Quantum Mechanics and the Copenhagen interpretation.

I suspect there is some kind of a link between thise whi have created that movie and the "Physics of Consciousness Research Group" that was funded by Werner Erhard in the 70's, but I couldn't find any documentation to confirm that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: June 04, 2005 09:02AM

My recent encounter with a Landmarkian has created psychological damage to me. I can feel it. I feel anxious, sad, powerless, frustrated. I have a strong scientific background, and I trust my judgment and my insights when it comes to interpreting information and facts, but at the same time I feel powerless because I was unable to make a difference for her.

She would have been coached in all her interactions with the hope you would feel like this and then register into the Landmark forum this is what they want. in their introdutions they really work hard to get people in touch with these "negative" emotions.. the emotions people dont want so they can then say well in the landmark forum you learn how to not have these control your life...

Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: June 04, 2005 09:26AM

sonnie_dee
She would have been coached in all her interactions with the hope you would feel like this and then register into the Landmark forum this is what they want. in their introdutions they really work hard to get people in touch with these "negative" emotions.. the emotions people dont want so they can then say well in the landmark forum you learn how to not have these control your life...

Sonnie,

I could feel this is exactly what she was expecting from me all the way and I knew she was being very manipulative with me. And everytime I would make her realize that this is what she was doing, she would protest and go completely insane, crying and shouting and saying I didn't trust her. And actually, I never trusted her ... or should I say I "couldn't" trust her (there is a sublte difference here). I still don't think she was trying to manipulate me intentionally (it's the Landmark system of logic that is manipulative) except maybe at the very end.

MD

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: June 04, 2005 09:37AM

Right, Sonnie Dee, exactly.

and it did hurt like friggin' hell .....
(being inadvertant 2nd-hand cult member)

toni
:D now

Posted by: Timmer ()
Date: June 04, 2005 01:48PM

rrmoderator
Timmer:

You don't make much sense here.

"What the Bleep" is a psuedo-dcumentary produced by followers of New Age guru J.Z. Knight who claims to channel "Ramtha."

See [www.culteducation.com]

The inclusion of this film on the list does not mean that it is directly related to Landmark and no one said that, but rather generally connected by the genre of rather subjective experience-driven fuzzy thinking and supposed logic.

Please stop wasting both space and people's time responding to such nonsense on this board.
Someone earlier in this thread referred to "What the Bleep" as a Landmark propaganda film. I wanted to know where this person got that idea, since the three filmmakers are affiliated not with Landmark, but with the Ramtha School of Enlightenment. Different organizations as far as I know.

Date: June 04, 2005 01:59PM

It does hurt like hell, even more when you realise that they caused most of the hurt even though they say how much they want to help you live a life you love.. HA

Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 04, 2005 02:38PM

[quote="sonnie_dee"

She would have been coached in all her interactions with the hope you would feel like this and then register into the Landmark forum this is what they want. in their introdutions they really work hard to get people in touch with these "negative" emotions.. the emotions people dont want so they can then say well in the landmark forum you learn how to not have these control your life...[/quote]

--Kind of like a guy who punctures your tire while you are in the store late at night and then positions himself down the road so that he can seem like a Good Samaritan who will help you but instead rapes you and steals your purse.

Ellen

Date: June 04, 2005 03:15PM

Kind of like a guy who punctures your tire while you are in the store late at night and then positions himself down the road so that he can seem like a Good Samaritan who will help you but instead rapes you and steals your purse.

Thats it exactly elena, except that while you are participating within landmark you can't see that, you let it happen and you thank them for doing it. You thank them for hurting you and then fixing you but while they are fixing you they are really hurting you more!

It really is a big cycle of manipulation - I will make you hurt so that I can make you feel better which makes you think I am great and usefull but I have to make you hurt again so that i can make you feel better so that you think I am great again. Plus if i do this really well you will tell your family and friends about how great I am ! and then I can do the same to them... how familiar that sounds

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 04, 2005 07:29PM

Timmer:

Read this response:

I don't mean it originated from Landmark. I simply mean that it has become a cult movie for those people at Landmark. I think they consider that movie as supportive science to their beliefs. However, there is very little or no science except speculations about the meaning of Quantum Mechanics and the Copenhagen interpretation.

Something like the same general belief, which is popular amongst New Age advocates, you can be your own God and reality is what you make it.

This is similar to the Landmark philosophy concocted by Erhard.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 04, 2005 10:53PM

[Thats it exactly elena, except that while you are participating within landmark you can't see that, you let it happen and you thank them for doing it. You thank them for hurting you and then fixing you but while they are fixing you they are really hurting you more!]

Yes. How about these, sonnie?

It is like the mechanic, who, while he is fixing a minor problem with your car, does something under the hood that will cause major problems in the very near future. Because he's done a good job on the first repair and hasn't charged you a whole lot, you keep going back to him and he keeps "fixing" things that will keep him in business and keep you grateful to him and dependent on him because only he knows how to find the problem.

Or:

The computer "geek" who does the same thing, only the bit of malicious code he hides is designed to make you think YOU are the one who keeps "breaking" your own computer in a hundred different ways but you have no hope of anything but remaining perpetually clueless and dependent on him and his superior ~technology.~

Or:

The "doctor" who "diagnoses" some serious, complicated disease for which he just happens to have some very special, secret (very expensive) medicine, which is just something like cheap Valium that relieves the very unpleasant anxiety he has instilled in you. You think you're OK but the real disease for which you consulted him in the first place becomes worse and worse. If you ever do find out what happened, it's too late. You conveniently die and he doesn't have to worry about you suing him.

Or:

The gray-market adoption "broker" who "buys" babies somewhere in the Third World. You are so thrilled you don't have to go through all the usual scrutiny, hassle, paper-work, expense, and long wait that you quickly pay his lesser fee and take the baby home. Of course he knows the baby has major incipient or potential problems but you can't come after him because you have colluded with him in a semi-legal or less-than-legal interaction.

Or:

(And named for the movie, "Gaslighting"), you become increasingly unsure of your own sanity as your husband, the "wonderful" man you found, conducts a secret plan of sabotage by hiding your keys and then "finding" them for you every morning, putting your mail back in the mail box, moving things around you thought you put away, adding money to your purse, substituting rum when you thought you bought vodka, telling your friends you are very ill but not to ask you about it, asking you why there are charges on the credit card for airline tickets you bought, pouring a cup of salt into the stew you cooked, repeating things your friends "say" you told them, and start calling you during the day to see if you're OK. By the time you figure out what happened, you are in an inpatient psychiatric hospital and no one believes you. What's more, he has control of your inheritance and is spending it on his expensive habits and living in your home with his girlfriend, all the while people think he is a hero for putting up with you and taking care of you.

Ellen

Current Page: 2 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.