Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: October 31, 2008 04:58AM

There are some very interesting rumors floating around out there today. Very interesting indeed! Please pray for the opening of spiritual eyes and ears for whoever is left at rlc. Apparently the shepherd, i mean hired hand, is ready to cast new "vision" at some kind of meeting Sunday... If anyone reading this is still plugged into that body, please beware, guard your heart and ask God to see with His eyes the truth of what is happening. With all that has taken place any miraculous, new 'vision' would have to be subjected to excruciating scrutiny or, at the very least, thought of as a possible C.Y.A. attempt. PRAY - PRAY - PRAY...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: October 31, 2008 05:24AM

ATTENTION RLC MEMBERS: If you have eyes to see.

There is a public/secret meeting slated to take a vote about sending Tony Cunningham to plant a church. Oh yeah, and to send him with $100,000.

Has this shepherd not fleeced the flock enough?

Oh wait a minute. Tony is not the shepherd. With his own words at the meeting he called himself the father. I was there. He referred to the parable in Luke 15: which of you would not search for the one lost coin, etc. . He then referred to the parable of the prodigal son and how the father did not go after the son. Indicating that he should not go after those who have been wounded and left RLC (another note: I understand Tony hates the use of RLC versus Radiant Life Church).

Now here is the rumor part: apparently certain members will be specifically blocked from the meeting. One such member would be Warrior David Gardner. Yep you heard right. Specifically not allowed at the meeting. I would guess there are a few others as well.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: October 31, 2008 06:09AM

So here is some spectulation: RLC is closed and per the meeting; if the corportation is liquidated the assets must be transferred to another like organization. All assets can then be transferred to Tony's new church plant.

Date: October 31, 2008 06:45AM

What about the people who still go to church there if the door closes?
Or are you saying that Tony will just change the name of the church and move on?

Remember some of us still have family there and want to know what is happening.

Posted by: longtimer60 ()
Date: October 31, 2008 07:24AM

General Assembly: Wake up! If what Guess Who is saying has even a smidgen of truth, it can't be allowed. There is no "formal" membership at RLC, so they can't really bar anyone from attending. If you have attended on a regular basis for the past 6 months, then you are a member, and can attend the meeting. Remember, the Voting Board of Elders is subject to the General Assembly! That means that we do have the power to elicit change! Make yourselves heard!

Disclaimer: Again, I fully agree that as Christians we are all, first and foremost, subject to Christ. But I am talking legally as written in the RLC most current By-Laws.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 31, 2008 07:29AM

Who is Dave Gardener? The name sounds familiar, but I am not sure I know who he is....just curious...=)

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 31, 2008 07:36AM

Found this on Topix thought it was interesting...

"the church is a cult they are loosing members quickly please anyone tell your friends to get out. The pastor claims to be an Apostle. They just recently joined a fellowship with Apostolic in their name. One of the other Apostles is from Kenya. The leadership was unaware of their change to this new fellowship"

Posted by: freejoy ()
Date: October 31, 2008 07:39AM

It is more than irritating to see people fall for lies and for this to keep going. I had heard that Tony was going to be casting new vision on Sunday. I had hopes that maybe it would involve him getting help for his own sake, the sake of the people at Radiant Life(radiant for all the wrong reasons) Church and for his poor family. Hope maybe for actual change. Is he casting the vision at the meeting or on Sunday morning? It would be interesting to hear.

Isn't the $100,000 for an orphanage in the Philippines? Robbing children is pretty low. I hope that this is untrue.

I don't know why he would be bothered by people calling it RLC. At least when you do a google search for that people won't see CULT all over the page.

Date: October 31, 2008 07:50AM

Maybe it bothers him because when you google RLC church you get "Real Liberal Christian Church".

lol !!!!!

Posted by: longtimer60 ()
Date: October 31, 2008 07:58AM

freejoy
It is more than irritating to see people fall for lies and for this to keep going. I had heard that Tony was going to be casting new vision on Sunday. I had hopes that maybe it would involve him getting help for his own sake, the sake of the people at Radiant Life(radiant for all the wrong reasons) Church and for his poor family. Hope maybe for actual change. Is he casting the vision at the meeting or on Sunday morning? It would be interesting to hear.

Isn't the $100,000 for an orphanage in the Philippines? Robbing children is pretty low. I hope that this is untrue.

I don't know why he would be bothered by people calling it RLC. At least when you do a google search for that people won't see CULT all over the page.

First we need to find out what happened to the monies that were misappropriated, or finances that were misused (I can't remember his exact words)...the monies to which Roland Pang referred to when he resigned.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.