Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: October 31, 2008 10:32PM

In regards to the election of the board of elders: my experience has been that a potential elder is considered and vetted by the existing elders. At the annual meeting the general assembly is asked to ratify the elder selection. As for which elders sit on the board I don't recall that the general assembly has anything to do with that.

As far as financial transparency, very little exists. At the general meeting an annual budget is presented. There is no break out of the compensation for the Pastors or staff. The question is asked almost every year and the answer is always the same. The elders are not sure if it is allowed or required so they just side step the question.

Recently a new set of bylaws was adopted. I am not an attorney but in review of the old bylaws it seems like the new bylaws were not adopted legally. Some of the changes include but are not limited to the following: the general assembly no longer has any voting power concerning the senior pastor, removal of the pastor by the board requires an 85% vote (by the way 85% of up to six board members is the same as needing 100%), and the position of overseer has been added.

If you are wondering, yes I have a copy of the old and new bylaws.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: October 31, 2008 10:46PM

I wanted to share a recent testimony of mine. I hope you find this encouraging; especially those who are still attending RLC.

Recently at church as the worship music began to play and the name of Jesus was being exalted, you could sense the Spirit of God moving. In walked a man, his wife and their children. It was a very familiar face. As worship continued, the pastor asked if anyone who has a burden to come before the Lord and lay it on the altar. The man walks up to the altar, kneels down and begins weeping. After the service I see this family communicating with two other families. These families had had past differences and I could see that restoration was taking place. I went up to say hello and give them a hug. This man was instrumental in teaching my daughter about spiritual parenting, he also provided unwise counsel to her. He approached us and with tears in his eyes he spoke with sincerity words that were music to my heart. He told me that he was very wrong in passing down false teaching regarding spiritual parenting. He wasn’t apologizing for the teaching but for passing it on. He had been blinded by it all and he now sees how wrong it was. He asked us if we would forgive him. We hugged and said yes brother you are forgiven. That man is Brandon Miller.

Restoration is happening outside of RLC why isn’t it happening inside? I believe the reason is simple; because the one who made this wrong is not willing to make it right. Tony’s apology said that he was sorry for allowing the abhorrent teaching to continue; yet he has never apologized for starting it to begin with. In the general meeting it was stated that we are dealing with something that’s 2-3 years old. You will continue to deal with the fruit of this and other false teaching until the one who perpetrated this on God’s people truly repents AND the structure that allowed this to happen changes.

I pray that the God will continue to open up the eyes of His people.

Karen

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: October 31, 2008 10:55PM

Thank you GUESSWHO. That was very helpful. Iam glad you have a copy of the bylaws.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: October 31, 2008 11:25PM

TO SOME OF THE PASTORS AND ELDERS and some of the STAFF:

THANK YOU to Brandon Miller, Mera, Matt Wanner, Danielle Tharp, Ron Ritzma, Joel Burke, etc. Thank you for standing up in the face of adversity and evil and doing what is right. Thank you for making such hard choices to OBEY God when he spoke to you. For those of you who actually went to people and repented, I respect you for that. That takes alot of BALLS. It also proves out genuine humility and the FEAR OF GOD! It also proves a genuine love for Gods Children. For those whom are hiding and doing the opposite of that which is supporting there own position, fending for themselves and robbing the choice wool off the sheeps back after the great slaughter took place, I hope you look to heaven and see God. When you look up, I promise this...YOU WILL NOT SEE TONY! Tony, I hope you too look to heaven. When you do that, you will not see yourself. If this does not happen soon, well....... Only God knows. YIKES!!!

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE between the two types FOR SURE!

BTW: To Jesse Mancias and Ken Bollinger: Thank you for standing strong and striving to be upright men while you remain there as freedom fighters. I know many people discount your efforts just because you still remain as elders there, but I know that you are still fighting. I know your time there is coming to an end. I am excited to see when you yourselves are released by God to be TOTALLY FREE. I only hope that you continue to advocate for what is right in Gods eyes and are not swayed by mans false humility and narrow understanding. I hope, even in light of what everyones difference of opinions are about you, you both do what GOD WANTS YOU TO DO. Continue to listen to Him and the cry of the sheep. May Gods strength and blessings be with you. May the ministry of reconciliation be your priority and true repentance be your "verb".

-Ryan-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2008 11:31PM by Deja Vu.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: November 01, 2008 12:09AM

Radiant Life Church
3446 Alginet Dr
Encino, CA 91436
916-

This church is located in Encino Ca. when you call the number listed you will find that Kristin Klonowski answers the phone… she is the former Capstone Theater leader from RLC sacramento and West Sacramento… a mininstry run by Radiant life Sacramento…

As far as I know she is likely an inocent bystandared that Tony may be using…
This property was purchased 4/9/2007 by AVIHAZIRA, YOSEF. So – fake address for a new church in Encino? Or a live member who is starting a house church for Tony to come in and take over?

This is the site that is being referred to: http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Radiant.Life.Church.916-371-6706

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2008 12:22AM by Ring barer.

Posted by: longtimer60 ()
Date: November 01, 2008 12:20AM

Sorry rrmoderator, can't answer all your questions. No transparency that I am aware of.

The ballots are secret in that you put your mark on a piece of paper, your name is not on the ballot. The voting elders serve no more than 2 consecutive 3 year terms. They must take a break of a year in between before being considered again. Guess who is correct as far as I understand the complicated By-Laws.

I am not a lawyer. I am, I admit, a bit Pollyanna in my thinking that we, the General Assembly, can elicit change. To me, Pollyanna, having faith in the honesty and integrity of Christians, I suppose that Roland could just fess up, be honest and open, and say what funny things happened with the monies. I am not saying that Roland is the only one who knows how things have gone down, he just happened to have made the comment at the Budget meeting. I do feel that as the general assembly, we are making our voices heard.....any future monies to support the paid staff and the affairs of the church are walking out the door. Also, the general assembly IS causing a stir by continuing to press the Elders for change. Whether or not it is written in the bylaws, I believe that voices are being heard by the mass exodus now in progress.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 01, 2008 12:33AM

longtimer60:

Do you mean that there are regular scheduled general elections announced and held as mandated by the bylaws at RLC?

Do you mean that at mandated these are general elections, which include everyone and that the general membership votes for each candidate for the Board of Elders?

How are the candidates chosen? What is the nominating process and how is that provided for in the bylaws?

Your response here is not very specific and doesn't cite the bylaws.

Is there an independently audited financial report that discloses in detail all expenses, salaries and compensation?

Is such a published report distributed to the general membership? How is that provided for in the bylaws?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2008 03:17AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: November 01, 2008 12:38AM

Voting is bogus anyways...Here is why:When there was a vote for an Elder, they tallied the votes and said the vote was unanimous, when I know for a fact that there was aleast one NO vote. They lied about that one vote how many more "No's" could there have been???

Date: November 01, 2008 12:41AM

so I never planned to get involved with this whole message board.....I moved on years ago and would like nothing better than to see Tony on the street and not acknowledge he even exists because to me he is a #ucken waste of skin and the sleaziest man I have ever known........that or to knock eyesight back to before his canada trip!!!!

Anyways I have watched my father become something I always knew he would be.....A man that doesnt subscribe to bullshit. I know this simply because I have kinda known him most my life. He was always against or hesitant to allow me to live my life according to the whims and fancies of RLC and was really against me wasting my life at soma.....

I have seen him get attacked from all sides and he is more emotionally tired and physically stressed than I have ever seen. As for the Elders that have backed out and made claims of now seeing the light......I say bullshit, they are what I call cowards that are hoping to claim neutral. God forbid they see it through and make a strong decision instead of leaving my father and a couple of stragglers to make a decision that in the future can be seen as made by a few lone men as opposed to the unified decision of a body of elders.

As for the comment regarding finding a church that isnt like RLC???? I have visited 5 different churches and attempted to find a place......they all want your time and money.....neither of which I will give to anyone ever again......they all have you fill out a visitors card that lists your talents.....volunteer work if you will. so #uck em!

as for paying my soma bill........I paid it off by doing ministry 7 days a week 8 hours a day with no pay for almost 7 years.....so #uck em too.....as a matter of fact keep sending me a bill, I want someone to spend the money on paper, ink and stamps and then physically walk and place it in a mailbox. it makes me happy.

p.s. Matt lets get a tattoo goin buddy lol

Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: November 01, 2008 12:47AM

For those who have stated concern and heart break for those who have left church. The are actually several million people in the U.S. alone who have left church to in order to find the real Ecclesia Christ is building. You can do a Google search and find hundreds of web sites regarding people leaving religious institutionalism. If anyone is interested in learning more PM me and I will provide a d good list of places to start. For the first 500 years after Christ rose from the dead there was no organized "Christian" religious institutions the Ecclesia was simply the community of all who are in Christ.

I have left institutional church however I have not stopped gathering with the Ecclesia or living a missional life. I have now begun in increasing measure daily, begun to know what it means to abide in Christ, to be in prayer unceasing, and to as some have put it to be the Church instead of going to or doing Church. If any one is interested in my reasons you can read my blog at www.religionfreejesus.org or you may click on the following link to a artical written by a brother in Christ named Wayne Jacobsen titled "Why I Don't Go To Church Anymore!"

My children and others who have known me for years will tell you by the Grace of God I have more Joy and I exhibit more of the Fruit of the Spirit. My unbelieving co-workers have even made lots of comments.

My passion for Jesus is also growing as my revelation of Father's love grows. My freedom from fear and guilt has also grown.

Religious Institutionalism is after all a fear and guilt management system.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2008 12:59AM by TomWilson.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.