Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: longtimer60 ()
Date: October 15, 2009 05:30AM

z

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2009 05:31AM by longtimer60.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: October 15, 2009 06:42AM

False apostle Mike Villamor in Las Vegas, you know what they say," What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!" Maybe Mike will stay in Vegas! Maybe Mike could get his own show on the strip! The Tony and Mike Show!

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: October 15, 2009 06:46AM

It would be good to hear from you, Longtimer60!

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: October 15, 2009 10:22PM

My life, hmmm, lets see -- I am married to a wonderful man and have a very human but loving family. I have a wonderful job. I have found a great new church home. God leads me in the way he would have me go because I ask for his guidance and listen quietly for his still small voice to tell me what he would have me do. I think God has blessed my socks off with the life he has given me. I know I am blessed and I thank God for the blessings he has bestowed on me so lavishly. Not a mess in site -- if you don't count the dust bunnies under the guest room bed; I better vacuum those up today.

I don't know anybody who actively hunts for heresy or heretics. But I do know what the Bible says and that I must use the mind that God gave me to discern Biblical truth from false teachings. I didn't have to search for that at TPC I just had to show up at services on Sunday and listen to yet another sermon on giving more money, more time, and double honor to TPC and it's staff. Sermon topics at TPC last year did not vary to much.

So Mike pull the plank out of your eye before you try to remove the speck from mine.

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: October 16, 2009 03:03AM

If there is one thing that I am angered by is what DOD said! YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON!!!! Why should cyndi be afraid of Chris Gutenkauf.... this lady has the biggest heart and love! OMG!!! I think what we need to do is really be praying for the villamor children. I know God will intervene for them when they are older and can think for themselves.

Whats up with the "Z" longtimer60?

Lastly, I see people who still attend TPC, they're either there because they FINALLY got to the top in ranks!! AND I see sadness and death in peoples eyes. reallly sad. back to bed!

Posted by: Adrift ()
Date: October 16, 2009 08:20AM

Quote:
Daughter of Dorcas

I heard something so strange from a current TPC member that I had to think about for two days before deciding to say something. Why would Cyndi Villamor and her children be afraid to open the door to Cathy Shaw and Chris Gutenkauf? That is what members of the staff and congregation are being told. That with Mike not home Cyndi and her children were afraid to answer the door when Chris and Cathy showed up at their home "without" an appointment.

Now that's just silly!

I have been lurking on this forum since the beginning, but this one drew me out.

Mike once asked a part-time SOMA class: "How many of you are afraid of Pastor Cyndi?"

Everyone -- twenty-some students -- raised their hand.

Now, ask the same people, "How many of you are afraid of Chris Gutenkauf and Cathy Shaw?" Anyone?

Cyndi opened the door and welcomed Chris and Cathy in as friends, which they were and are now, if they would be accepted as such. And have any of you met Caleb, the Doberman pinscher? He was there to protect mistress and children if they needed it, but it wasn't needed. He was nuzzling up begging for pets.

Chris and Cathy are prayer warriors. Be afraid of them if you fear prayer.

Posted by: Die Quietly ()
Date: October 16, 2009 10:02PM

Hello Adrift and welcome to the forum. We know that Cindy wasn't afraid - odd that she would feel the need to alter her stance now to make sure the story was told in a way that protects her reputation. For everyone who has spoken to them, against them, and in correction of them they have created stories to counteract them. On person was demonized, others are mentally unstable, and still others are deceived. Strangly Mike and Cindy are always right on and victimized. Sadly they live in a state of fear where they have to 'spin' everything to where they are victims calling it persecution. They believe there are ringleaders pulling people away. I think the 400-500 people who have left would take exception to being told that they 'followed' another person out of TP, especially when so many have been spoken to by God, individually about the things that are no longer okay at TP. Furthermore, if Mike and Cindy have been properly teaching us all to listen to God and not Man we would all be listing to God and not following man out - right - or have they taught us all to listen to man and therefore we've followed a man out of TP.... For a people who believe Gods favor rests in numbers and $$ success I would have thought they would have heard by now that God is speaking to them in their own language. My heart goes out to those who continue to leave and be scattered. So many don't even have a church home and have little hope in finding one. Even where some have found a 'home' they don't trust it at all. I feel for the pastors that are beleagered (sp) with the TP cast aways and all the baggage we come with. With the count now somewhere below 400 what can they possibly be thinking? When will another elder have courage and speak for those who have left. Weren't we all treasured? Aren't we part of the church? Are we just not important? We are still part of Turning Point, even if we are not there - won't someone care enough about us to speak up for those who have been broken by this? Who will be willing to be a voice for those who have in their weakness been silenced? I suppose if you've chosen to stay you have seen those who have spoken and left get slaughtered as they've gone out the door. It happens to everyone who leaves so now when people leave they leave quietly so as not to get too many knives in the back as they go. If even the strong who have left are brought to their knees by the shunning and verbal execution - what will happen to the little ones, the weak ones and the sick ones who see that Gods spirit has left so they go to follow it but are innocent to the politics yet are slaughtered with the strong. Scripture is clear with it's woes to those who stumble the weak - anyone want a millstone around their neck? I have no more faith that TP will find their turning point and change - time to jump ship and wash your hands of the blood of the saints that have left. My heart breaks for what is coming spiritually.

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: October 17, 2009 11:22AM

appointment.[/size][/size]

Now that's just silly!

I have been lurking on this forum since the beginning, but this one drew me out.

Mike once asked a part-time SOMA class: "How many of you are afraid of Pastor Cyndi?"

Everyone -- twenty-some students -- raised their hand.

Now, ask the same people, "How many of you are afraid of Chris Gutenkauf and Cathy Shaw?" Anyone?

Cyndi opened the door and welcomed Chris and Cathy in as friends, which they were and are now, if they would be accepted as such. And have any of you met Caleb, the Doberman pinscher? He was there to protect mistress and children if they needed it, but it wasn't needed. He was nuzzling up begging for pets.

Chris and Cathy are prayer warriors. Be afraid of them if you fear prayer.[/quote]

So, Adrift, is that a spiritual threat? there are many more prayer warriors who have left the church counted in the number. This is spiritual warfare and TP leaders need to step up and realize that the enemy is at work through their idolatry and prosperity message. It is sickening. They are sick and so is anyone who follows them. To me, Kathryn Cantwell is the most disappointing. She has completely turned on those who loved her completely all for the sake of following idols. Of course, she is now a deacon and must serve her lords and masters. But if it can happen to someone who is as tender hearted as Kathryn, it can happen to anyone. Kathryn, if you read this, turn from those evil leaders and repent. I can't believe you would turn on those who loved you and cut them out when they took you into the hearts and minds of their lives and helped you through such horrible times with your son. He was dead, remember? God resurrected him. It wasn't Turning Point who resurrected him, it was God. Sorry to single you out, but the hurt you have caused should make you shake in your boots with remorse.

Date: October 17, 2009 09:30PM

If I am wrong about any material fact I have spoken about or posted about -- I beg forgiveness. However, the attempt to discredit Chris and Cathy was real. So the question I have for Adrift is -- If you were there and know so much, have you gone by the TPC offices to set the record straight? There are still members of Turning Point who would not let a lie pass their lips or gossip come from their mouth. I know in my heart that what was relayed to me is what this person WAS told. I worry about this dear person and their family because I have nothing in my heart but love for them and will always.

Katerine Cantwell is a victim. So please pray for her, and Tom's, eyes to be opened. I know Tom and Katherine and they are good people. Katherine would never intentionally hurt anyone. So blame the source of her misguided thoughts on the Jezebel Spirit at work at TPC, do not blame the victim.

Daughter of Dorcas

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: October 17, 2009 11:43PM

The Cantwells, The Custers, the Richmonds, the Sheddys......the elders, the staff, the deacons, even lay leaders and congregants.....they've all been victims of the abuse by leaders at TP, but that does NOT excuse their behavior, and the abuse that they have bestowed on others!

I'm just sick, sick of it all. The lies, the manipulation, the head games, the shunning, the back stabbing, on and on and on it goes. I'm done. I want nothing more to do with it, any of it, all of it. I just want to crawl into a cave.........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.