Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: June 11, 2009 04:17AM

LearningPoint
Hmm...Let's take a look at those goals:

1. Communication: Improving TPC's ability to convey critical information internally and externally

Last time I checked, communication is a two-way street: Where's the listening part?

2. Structure: Bringing greater clarity and flow to what we do

They PAID someone to make this grossly general, pseudo observation/goal? Wouldn't the goal of "nailing green jello to the wall" be just as helpful, except for that it's more specific in that we know the color of the jello?

3. Assimilation: Finding ways to more effectively engage new people into life with Jesus and His Church

Uhh...you wanna "find ways"? How about going back to what worked in the beginning, what has ALWAYS worked? Preach the gospel; meet in small groups (only make them open to real questions and concerns and life issues); as leaders, have a heart for people like you used to. This would go FAR toward meeting this goal. I wonder what bogus program they're going to try to implement to make it look like they're doing something on this front.

4. Growth: By inspiring and equipping each ministry to grow, we will continue to grow His church and His Kingdom

Nope! Only by preaching the gospel, loving people, getting back to the Bible, telling the truth, and exorcising the demon of greed will the church ever grow and become "His church" again, instead of Mike's personal money-making enterprise.

So the implementation of the suggestions has begun. Part of the communication strategy is the utilization of Twitter, Facebook, and My Space. I haven't seen any vlogs of Mike on youtube lately. I wonder if the consultant suggested they refrain?

So you may not be able to get a face to face meeting with Mike or Cyndi but you can now follow them on Twitter. I wonder if they would respond to your tweets? Twitter is all part of the effort to become "master communicators". The challenge of using "new media" remains the same as it was for "old media"-conveying the heart. Media is the message of words. The heart is the message of being. Until people know your heart your tweets are like clanging symbols and resounding gongs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: belongs2Him ()
Date: June 11, 2009 04:27AM

Very well said, TPR.

Posted by: Northwest ()
Date: June 11, 2009 05:13AM

Hello everyone.

I have been told that the youth group has gone from around 140 kids every week to about 50 – 70.
I really feel like the youth pastor has a real heart for God and it is sad that the things God was doing in the youth and the people who were coming to Christ through that ministry have to suffer because of what is going on with the top leaders of the church. I wonder how many of the youth who stopped attending are no longer going to attend church.

This whole thing is so sad to even think about.

I made an email account for my private messages from this website. So send them to:

pmrickross@gmail.com

Date: June 11, 2009 05:42AM

Northwest
Hello everyone.

I have been told that the youth group has gone from around 140 kids every week to about 50 – 70.
I really feel like the youth pastor has a real heart for God and it is sad that the things God was doing in the youth and the people who were coming to Christ through that ministry have to suffer because of what is going on with the top leaders of the church. I wonder how many of the youth who stopped attending are no longer going to attend church.

This whole thing is so sad to even think about.

I made an email account for my private messages from this website. So send them to:

pmrickross@gmail.com

Northwest, I know you are sadden by what is happening in the youth ministry at TPc. It is sad. I encourage you to see the lesson of leadership in this sadness.

Leadership does not happen in a vacuum. What you do or dont do as a leader impacts those around you. King David along with many other in the Bible illustrate this very clearly.

What is happening in the youth ministry may very well be a result of the top leader's actions.

The number one rule of leadership is this: The more leadership you gain the fewer rights you have; the greater your capacity to serve must become. I wonder if this law hasnt been violated.

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: June 11, 2009 06:04AM

To all who are hurting. To those who have left TPC recently or a bit ago. I'm sorry for your pain. May God give you strength and wisdom. He will guide you on your way. May He go BEFORE you and may fear be non existant!

To TPC Youth Group, I love the Leaders and pray for wisdom and fear to be gone in the name of Jesus! May the veils fall as gently as a doves wings!

Posted by: WalterMartin ()
Date: June 11, 2009 07:01AM

This may be a bit out of my character (and the opposite of what I'd like to convey as I post in this forum) but the Youth Group should be emptied. I had my stint there at TPC with the Youth Pastor (Jeff) it was bad back then. Kids were hurt and abondoned many years ago. I must clarify that this statment is probably more personal than with whats going on now with TPC. However, if this hierarchical teaching is in place, the kids are more of a target than they are being helped. -- I am also coming from a biased viewpoint from a certain situation I am in right now involving child abuse and a little connection it has to TPC. They are not supporting the children.

Excuse my escapading rant, (I could almost spit)

WalterMartin.

Posted by: Northwest ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:07PM

I have heard a few different reports on the youth attendance:

50-70
around 90
and over ahundred.

I have no idea how many there are at the youth group, however the point is that allot of people have left and it is really sad as i am sure many of them will not reconnect with a new church.

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: June 11, 2009 10:36PM

If church leadership has told you that you MUST be under a covering of a pastor or that if you leave you will loose your covering, beware, this is part of the Jezebel spirit of control and dominance.

Look into it. What happened at RLC and then to TPC because of the influences of one questionable person? What has happened to two very promising churches who were about the Lord's work?

Saddened

Posted by: Mville04 ()
Date: June 11, 2009 11:53PM

Yes, Saddened. That spirit of control and 'love of self' fits not just Mike but Cyndi as well. Mikes control over others has a lot to do with the idea of being under cover. What he has chosen not to do is to read the book 'Under Cover' and study the scripture it references like Luke 13. If they did they would know that it has nothing to do with God's granting authority to the pastor over the flock; quite the oposite in fact. But they take a frase or two out of context and say "See! This is the will of God! You are to submit to your pastors regardless of idiology or calling!"

Mike is not stupid so I can only surmise that he is being deliberate in his deception. Therefore the only explaination is a Jezabel spirit of lust greed and glory.

Date: June 12, 2009 10:11PM

At our Small Group for Recovery from Abusive Churches we talked about forgiveness and reconciliation. It is something I would encourage all on the forum who were not in attendance to think about. I think all but two in our group are forum members. Our homework for this final week of the class is to write letters of forgivenss to those people who have caused us so much pain and hurt. Perhaps it is time to think more about forgiveness than condemnation and to seek in prayer for devine intervention in your ability to forgive.

That does not mean you need to reconcile with those who are unrepentent about their sin and the hurt that they have caused others. It means cast your anger on the Lord and trust that he will handle this situation where we are powerless to effect change.

Daughter of Dorcas

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.