Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: December 22, 2010 11:41PM

When Mike fled Washington and Jeff Barnes took over TPC, I suggested that we give Jeff until the end of the year to right the nearly capsized TPC. We are less than ten days from the end of the year, so lets review what Jeff has done to heal the hurt and wrongs done to ex-members. NOTHING! Has he supplied the full accounting requested of the Stewardship Fund. NO! Has he asked for patience and understanding from ex-members so he can continue on the path that led so many to leave TPC? YES! So really there has been no change. Jeff has failed the leadership test for the ability to be a senior pastor. He does not walk in love. He does not walk in truth. He has failed to lead TPC out of the path of a cult and back to the path of a God annointed on fire for Jesus church.

I, for one, am disappointed!

I guess it is going to take legal action to make TPC give a full accounting. I guess the new year will require me to go someplace I did not want to go to force a full accounting. However, I will go there because I will not drop this. God does not want me to drop this. TPC will give every single person who donated money to the Stewardship fund an accounting, even if it takes a judges order to do so. Unfortunately, that is what it is going to take. The new leadership group seems to lack the willingness to do the right thing that the former leadership lacked. That says a lot about how leadership at TPC is chosen and works.

D of D

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: December 23, 2010 01:31AM

The apostle Paul chose his words carefully and addressing false teaching in Galatians he was inspired by God to address these false teachers.
"    I am surprised and astonished that you are so quickly turning renegade and deserting Him Who invited and called you by the grace (unmerited favor) of Christ (the Messiah) [and that you are transferring your allegiance] to a different [even an opposition] gospel.
    Not that there is [or could be] any other [genuine Gospel], but there are [obviously] some who are troubling and disturbing and bewildering you [with a different kind of teaching which they offer as a gospel] and want to pervert and distort the Gospel of Christ (the Messiah) [into something which it absolutely is not].
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to and different from that which we preached to you, let him be accursed (anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment)!
    As we said before, so I now say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel different from or contrary to that which you received [from us], let him be accursed (anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment)!"

If Jeff Barns would come out and openly talk about his theology you would quickly discover he has a different theology than the bible. He favors a works based (good works and sacrificial living in order to earn the pleasure and acceptance of God) trying to keep God happy. He is more concerned with keeping up appearances than standing for the truth. He would line up more with a prosperity preacher like Joel Osteen or a heretic like Paul Young author of The Shack.
so Jeff the ball is in your court, are you man enough to answer the questions people have addressed? or are you going to keep doing business as usual?
when you look at the words of Paul I would hate to be in your shoes being called "anathema!"

Posted by: WonderingNow ()
Date: December 23, 2010 02:22AM

At the church I attend now, the pastor ALWAYS goes back to the cross. It's the cross every Sunday, the gospel every Sunday -- the hard truth about sin and sinners and grace and redemption for the GLORY OF GOD -- not the glory of man. TPC is still focused on "me making my life better" with a little scripture thrown in for emphasis. They will never change until they get back to glorifying God -- THE CROSS! If they aren't focused on the cross, they will never get it right. Don't hold your breath -- I don't even see a hint of that happening.

Date: December 23, 2010 04:48AM

WonderingNow
At the church I attend now, the pastor ALWAYS goes back to the cross. It's the cross every Sunday, the gospel every Sunday -- the hard truth about sin and sinners and grace and redemption for the GLORY OF GOD -- not the glory of man. TPC is still focused on "me making my life better" with a little scripture thrown in for emphasis. They will never change until they get back to glorifying God -- THE CROSS! If they aren't focused on the cross, they will never get it right. Don't hold your breath -- I don't even see a hint of that happening.

I agree wholeheartedly , I find myself still today thinking its all about my life getting better if I just add a little Jesus to it, If I perform correctly all my dreams will come true. after many years of that teaching is hard to find the truth. I remember recently someone saying they want to be like Jesus so they will have a good life. this got me to thinking about how Jesus's life actually was. Where did this person and me get the idea that being like Jesus gets you all your dreams, ambitions, and creature comforts. you only have to read how His life was to realize I would not choose that for me. we have been taught we will posses the land, God will give the possessions of the wicked to the righteous. of course we put ourselves into the righteous catagory and everyone else into the wicked, It seems to me that this thinking alone is unrighteous. that doing things to get something rather then doing things out of love for God , is selfseeking at best. which is unrighteous. I thought that if the pastors liked me, if I bacame a part of leadership, if I had a ministry and performed it well , THEN I'd be worthy of salvation. unfortunatly or maybe fortunatly for me , achieving these things were all empty. I had to sell myself, my uniqueness in the way God made me in order to attend the functions at mike and cyndi's at the end I hated being there. these guys who have stayed at tp are now reaping their ambitions. since all others have left they now get to be in the in crowd. they get to be important in their own eyes. I even heard of one couple who have money but were socialy inept, whom Mike and Cyndi didnt want to hang out with at all, Now went to texas to spend thanksgiving with the villamors. to them they have finnally made it into the elite, they have pledged their alliances with liars and thieves. and are success in their own eyes. Godly charactor is not what motivates them and many who have stayed at turningpoint. but the warm fuzzies they get while listening to the music. and people who like and accept them are there. doesnt matter if the person is an unrepentent thief ripping off fellow members.. they serve the pastors well, they submit to leadership, and they like me. it truely is the me generation in operation.

Date: December 24, 2010 01:08AM

I am amazed that the very same sycophants who are responsible for the collapse of Turning Point Church World Outreach Center and oversaw the misappropriation of designated funds are still Elders and Deacons.

If the same sort of shenanigans had occurred in government or in a publicly owned business those "board" members would have been prosecuted and, at the very least, removed from their role as board members.

And yet at TPC those who have been at the helm when the ship ran aground are still at the helm pretending that all is good. They have run the car into the ditch and want to keep hold of the car keys. Shame upon a group of leaders whom know no shame.

Date: December 24, 2010 05:50AM

There are two words they will come to know quite well: 1) Subpoena and 2) Court Order! If when forced to turn over the financial records for the past five years, for every fund general or special (including the Stewardship Fund), and if any irregularities are found it will be a foot race to the county prosecutor’s office let the chips fall where they may. No one is getting a get out of sin free card, which is what Jeff Barnes and Mike Villamor think they have obtained by Mike's departure-- NOT!

D of D

TurningPointReject]I am amazed that the very same sycophants who are responsible for the collapse of Turning Point Church World Outreach Center and oversaw the misappropriation of designated funds are still Elders and Deacons.

If the same sort of shenanigans had occurred in government or in a publicly owned business those "board" members would have been prosecuted and, at the very least, removed from their role as board members.

And yet at TPC those who have been at the helm when the ship ran aground are still at the helm pretending that all is good. They have run the car into the ditch and want to keep hold of the car keys. Shame upon a group of leaders whom know no shame.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2010 05:55AM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: December 24, 2010 11:13AM

I don't have a lot of money, but I would happily sacrifice to help with attorney fees.

Date: December 25, 2010 09:40AM

Small claims court allows subpeonas and court orders but not attorneys. Any information I obtain I will share with everyone. I will also welcome any analysis and expertise from those who know more than I.

D of D

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: December 28, 2010 01:09PM

Happy New Year, forum friends!

Keep us posted on your progress, struggles, insights, new news/updates, etc., in the coming year. Let's keep in touch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2010 01:15PM by LearningPoint.

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: January 04, 2011 09:28AM

So it is now 2011 and Jeff and Kim Barnes have been in control for a while and have they righted any of the wrongs perpetrated on members and staff of TPC by Mike Villamor? No, nothing has been done to right any of the wrongs. Let's review, has anything changed at TPC? Well no, TPC under Jeff Barnes' leadership is as secretive about the truth of how the Stewardship Fund was sqaundered and the fleecing of the TPC flock by Mike as his predecessor Mike Villamor was when questioned. An accounting of the Stewardship Fund requested by a donor has been stonewalled, oh yeah just the way Mike Villamor refused to release minutes of meetings requested by a member of his flock who has sense left. Jeff Barnes Advisory Board is just another rubber stamp elder board in the same tradition as the Elder Board was for Mike Villamor. So again I ask, has anything at TPC changed? So if TPC was a Cult, according to Jeff Barne's own handpicked consultant, under Mike Villamor and there has been no change in the behavior of leadership or the teachings from the pulpit isn't TPC still a CULT?

Saddened

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.