Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: WonderingNow ()
Date: July 15, 2011 01:26AM

Except that the Bible forbids women to teach and pastor a flock in the sense that TP allowed it. Biblically, women are not allowed to be pastors. Even though Jackie was "good at it" doesn't mean it was Biblical. I think if you asked her, she would be the first to agree.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 15, 2011 03:55AM

WonderingNow
Except that the Bible forbids women to teach and pastor a flock in the sense that TP allowed it. Biblically, women are not allowed to be pastors. Even though Jackie was "good at it" doesn't mean it was Biblical. I think if you asked her, she would be the first to agree.

this is true wonderingnow,,,, but lets get real here. If you want to make money you need to have two incomes. so pastors make their wives pastors so they can be on staff and recieve two incomes. whether thay are called, or the bible says no is ilrelevent for todays church, or should i more aplicably call it today God business. its a career, and like all careers its about advancing ourselves, moving up the social ladder, aquiring more things to make our lives heaven on earth. I mean really now I know Jesus spoke the truth about God, and revealed his nature, but he pissed a lot of people off, and many left him,, maybe he sould have given out tickets to the movies or video games to those who accept Him. after all isnt it about how popular you are how great your music is and how you make people feel good to give up their resourses, I pretty sure and I'm speaking from personl knowledge of some of these pastors , that fear of economic securiy is their great motivator , Not God and His truth. also if your wife is a pastor that equals quadruple honor due you. In my opinion, which means absolutly nothing . I think these guys cheapen the title of pastor. and I wonder how much longer God will be mocked

Date: July 15, 2011 04:17AM

I feel if the Lord calls a woman to teach or Pastor ( I repeat if the Lord calls them to this position) then they should follow the Lord on this and do what he wants. God Bless

Date: July 15, 2011 06:28AM

Sorry Delight! It's NOT about what you FEEL. It is about what God's word says!!! And His Word DOES NOT change -- He is not all of a sudden going to begin "calling" women to pastor when His Word prohibits it. Men's heart's ignore the Word to go with the flow of changing culture and what feels good or what seems to be or we FEEL SHOULD BE, but bottom line -- women are NOT TO BE PASTORS.

Date: July 15, 2011 08:29AM

WonderingNow
Sorry Delight! It's NOT about what you FEEL. It is about what God's word says!!! And His Word DOES NOT change -- He is not all of a sudden going to begin "calling" women to pastor when His Word prohibits it. Men's heart's ignore the Word to go with the flow of changing culture and what feels good or what seems to be or we FEEL SHOULD BE, but bottom line -- women are NOT TO BE PASTORS.

wow wonderingnow you get it. its not about how we feel at all. thats why we got in this position in the first place, going by our feelings. I like this church cuz I feel good there. the music makes me feel good, it must be God, I feel Gods sprit there,, I think all most feel is their good feelings and call it Gods spirit. cuz His spirit doesnt go against His word. and the crap being taught at these churchs that their members always say the same thing " i feel Gods spirit there, there is so much love" the stuff taught doesnt line up with His word. so how could that be Gods spirit.... no its just emotionalism at its finest. I pray God opens our eyes before its too late. that He shows us His true spirit and help us to distinguish between Him and emotionalism

Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: July 15, 2011 10:06AM

Sorry Delight! It's NOT about what you FEEL. It is about what God's word says!!!

Question: "Women pastors / preachers? What does the Bible say about women in ministry?"

Answer: This is not an issue of chauvinism or discrimination. It is an issue of biblical interpretation.

The Word of God proclaims, “A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent” (1 Timothy 2:11-12). In the church, God assigns different roles to men and women. This is a result of the way mankind was created and the way in which sin entered the world (1 Timothy 2:13-14). God, through the apostle Paul, restricts women from serving in roles of teaching and/or having spiritual authority over men. This precludes women from serving as pastors over men, which definitely includes preaching to, teaching, and having spiritual authority.

The structure of 1 Timothy 2:11-14 makes the “reason” perfectly clear. Verse 13 begins with “for” and gives the “cause” of Paul’s statement in verses 11-12. Why should women not teach or have authority over men? Because “Adam was created first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived.” God created Adam first and then created Eve to be a “helper” for Adam. This order of creation has universal application in the family (Ephesians 5:22-33) and the church. The fact that Eve was deceived is also given as a reason for women not serving as pastors or having spiritual authority over men. This leads some to believe that women should not teach because they are more easily deceived. That concept is debatable, but if women are more easily deceived, why should they be allowed to teach children (who are easily deceived) and other women (who are supposedly more easily deceived)? That is not what the text says. Women are not to teach men or have spiritual authority over men because Eve was deceived. As a result, God has given men the primary teaching authority in the church.

Many women excel in gifts of hospitality, mercy, teaching, evangelism, and helps. Much of the ministry of the local church depends on women. Women in the church are not restricted from public praying or prophesying (1 Corinthians 11:5), only from having spiritual teaching authority over men. The Bible nowhere restricts women from exercising the gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12). Women, just as much as men, are called to minister to others, to demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23), and to proclaim the gospel to the lost (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; 1 Peter 3:15).

God has ordained that only men are to serve in positions of spiritual teaching authority in the church. This is not because men are necessarily better teachers, or because women are inferior or less intelligent (which is not the case). It is simply the way God designed the church to function. Men are to set the example in spiritual leadership—in their lives and through their words. Women are to take a less authoritative role. Women are encouraged to teach other women (Titus 2:3-5). The Bible also does not restrict women from teaching children. The only activity women are restricted from is teaching or having spiritual authority over men. This logically would preclude women from serving as pastors to men. This does not make women less important, by any means, but rather gives them a ministry focus more in agreement with God’s plan and His gifting of them.

1 Corinthians 15:2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. [NIV]

If they alter the word,tweek,twist,modernize etc. or worse yet claim to be the sole voice of God's NEW word,run for the door!......................Randy Larson

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 15, 2011 06:43PM

To whom it may concern:

This thread is not about religious beliefs or theology.

It is not about the ordination of women clergy.

It is specifically about "Turning Point World Outreach Center".

Please stay on topic.

Date: July 15, 2011 11:41PM

Moderator: Turning Point continues in this practice and is one of the reasons they remain a cult having just licensed another woman as a pastor. Some former attenders are still "brainwashed" with faulty Turning Point doctrine and need to reminded of what the Bible says.

Date: July 16, 2011 03:49AM

What I am mainly talking about is women teaching. I am very familiar with the scriptures you refer too. I do not depend my beliefs on feelings in this area. I am aware that basing your thoughts on feelings and emotions can be very dangerous and deceiving. So I agree with you on this. But I
think that there are many talented women out there that can teach in bible studies, counseling, their past experiencs on helping other women (young and old) as they walked with God and this includes lectures. But, it must be biblically based. I always refer people back to "What does scripture say about this" when they are confused in an area in their life. I too, was very upset when authority was abused based on the undercover book by Jonh Bevere which was pushed on all of us at TPC. I was angry and disgusted when they allowed the false doctrines of possiblity thinking and the faith moverment in TPC. And I was very tired of all the pride and arrogrance which thrived among many there including many in leadership roles. God Bless

Date: July 18, 2011 02:13AM

Until 1920 women could not vote in the United States, now the women's vote is courted by candidates. You have to look at this whole thing from a historical perspective. Women in Biblical times were not educated and lived in a completely male dominated society. Do I think that men in Biblical times were chauvinists -- YOU BETCHA. Do I think that Jesus or God are chauvinists -- absolutely NOT! God allowed women to evolve and take their own place in this world. God will use who he wants for his purposes. That includes women! I personally find the whole women should not do this or that argument insulting to women and God. The same argument which precluded giving women the vote is in my opinion right up there with the reason why women should not paster a flock. Give me a break!

D of D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.