Current Page: 36 of 204
R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: ephesians1:3 ()
Date: April 01, 2007 11:38AM

Truthtesty
To Forum:

BUT according to Thieme, you were supposed to distance yourself from those who wouldn't listen to Thieme. So the parent either had to either kick thier young adults out of the house before they were ready for the world or force them to listen Thieme.

Truthtesty

Absolute, 100% false. Testy, Thieme didn't even make [i:f50c6a9aed]his own son [/i:f50c6a9aed] attend Bible class. Though Bobby was saved from a young age, he was left alone to his own decisions as a teen. It wasn't until he was in college that he actually started listening to his father's tapes. Bobby has gone over this in his recent teachings.

There is a time when believers must distance themselves from certain carnal believers (this is a [i:f50c6a9aed]Biblical[/i:f50c6a9aed] doctrine), but Thieme [i:f50c6a9aed]never[/i:f50c6a9aed] taught or advocated parents kicking their teenage children out of the house if they didn't listen to Thieme.

Unbelievable.

At this point this forum has, unfortunately, devolved into gossip and slander. We now have posters singing the praises of friends who challenge 64 year old pastors to fist fights.

I can't be a part of this anymore, it was nice talking with everyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: Truthtesty ()
Date: April 01, 2007 12:57PM

To the Forum:

Moving on...

I ran across an article [www.rlhymersjr.com] written by Dr. Hymers.

Any comments?

Truthtesty

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: GeneZ ()
Date: April 01, 2007 01:23PM

Truthtesty
To the Forum:

Moving on...

Any comments?

Truthtesty

Give me a list of some top preachers in the United States? Give me a few minutes in a search? And I can find criticism for each one. What you did proves nothing. Its just anti Thieme. That's all that matters to you.

The Blood of Christ as Thieme taught it, originated at DTS.

I knew a DTS graduate Doctor of Divinity, who showed me how what Thieme taught on the blood was from his class notes.

It became a political issue when DTS started seeking funds from fundamentalist organizations, and DTS needed to distance themselves from this teaching which was unpopular with fundamentalists.

Jesus said "It is Finished" before he died physically. Salvation from sin was completed before his body died. That's in the Bible. The rest is for us to figure out. If you want to.

In Christ, GeneZ

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: April 01, 2007 08:53PM

To the Forum:

One of the "terrible things" about Thieme forcing Thiemites to submit to Thieme's authority and be "positive and learn" is that members feel forced to submit to Thieme's conclusions of biblical logic only (to get the word) and shut down thier own critical biblical logic in favor of Thieme's conclusions. Biblical logic is something that everyone has. There are many differences of Theologians throughout the USA and the world. To prematurely shut down your own biblical logic in favor of Thieme's conclusions only, is simply premature, unnecessary, and self-destrcutive. Your own critical bilblical logic something that is required in your daily life meeting christians and non-christians alike, everyone has a different point of view.

Also, does anyone know what Thieme's "final answer" was to forgiveness at the cross?

Truthtesty

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: April 01, 2007 11:13PM

To genez

Truthtesty quote

You wish! lol My personal beliefs are my own. I have said before that if Paul's words contradict Jesus's words then Paul's words are "out the window". Pauline christians would like to give the appearance that all words in the bible are equal, but they are not. That's just common sense. I didn't need a special lexicon or a pastor to tell me that. The books of the bible were put together by a bloodthirsty murderous Caeser named Constantine, who worshipped Mithras (Sun-god worshipper at the time and did so for political unity) He was the one who said "By this sign conquer", not Jesus. So pardon me or don't pardon me for being very skeptical of Paul who was a self-confessed Roman citizen, murdered other christians, never met Jesus in the flesh, was not an orignal apostle, had a huge confrontation with Peter(rock) and James and ran(cheesed) to his Roman buddies to save his skin.

By the way if Jesus's words in the bible were the only words actually true, would that be good enough for you?

A lot of Dr. Wall's dissertation shows approach of learning. I said before 1 doesn't need to form a cult around arrogant opinions because of being a narcissitic control freak, then 10 or 20 years learn something new and change it, to learn the Truth. In the mean time hundreds maybe thousands are abused. The Truth stands on it's own, it doesn't need a cult to protect it.

Genez quote

You just lost it, sir.

Your not following what I am saying.

Don't call me sir. I work for a living.

Genez quote

For, if Dr Wall used the same Scriptures which you claim are nonsense? To make his points?

Your missing the point. I am not Dr. Wall. Dr Wall is not me. We do not have the same conclusions.

Genez quote

He must really be an idiot to have any confidence in such Scriptures that you just condemned.

As I said your missing the point. Dr. Wall is not me. I am not Dr. Wall. I have my own thinking. Get it? AND I didn't condemn anything, I suggest skepticsm about Pau.

Genez quote

How can we have cults then? If the Bible is not even a real book?

I said the words of Jesus were true.

Genez quote

To assume there are groups that are not cults? Would be saying the Bible is legit in all its words, and some groups which are not cults, get it right!

1st A comma should follow cults not a question mark. ex "cults," not "cults?" You do this quite often, get it right! (Unless your intentionally trying to play a mind game and confuse people, in that case you should leave)

2nd To not use critical thinking from a historical perspective is to live in la la land.

3rd If any words in the bible contradict Jesus's words, then they are history.

4th Your Paul (who murdered christians) has a confrontation with Peter, IN THE BIBLE. Peter was a rock of Jesus' church, not Paul. SO take in under advisement.

Genez quote

In other words? If the Bible is what you just claimed it is? Then all of Christianity is a cult!

Again the false (?) thing.

No. I already explained that cults of christianity evolved after Jesus. My explanation was that the authority of Jesus, was perfect, therefore it did not corrupt. Submission to corrupt men caused the cults of christianity.
This is my thinking, not Dr. Wall's.

Genez quote

Want to make up your mind what you really believe, sir?
I know what I believe.

This forum is an information sharing forum learning about cults, do you want to keep an open mind?

Genez quote

If the Bible is not legit? How can one determine what is legit, and what is not on the basis of using the Bible?

Only God can tell.

Genez quote

Enjoy your oscillation into irrationality.

Your not following what I saying and enjoy your self-destruction.

Truthtesty

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: April 02, 2007 12:07AM

Truthtesty wrote:
To the Forum:

Moving on...

Any comments?

Truthtesty

Give me a list of some top preachers in the United States? Give me a few minutes in a search? And I can find criticism for each one. What you did proves nothing. Its just anti Thieme. That's all that matters to you.

It's called critical analysis. BECUASE OF THE APPROACH OF YOUR PRE-MATURELY CLOSED MIND ANYTHING THAT IS CRITICAL OF THIEME WHETHER IT'S LOGICAL CRITISCM OR ILLOGICAL CRITISCM - YOU ATTACK, INTERRUPT, AND DISRUPT USING ANY MEANS NECESSARY FAIR OR UNFAIR. JUST AS IT IS STANDARD PROCEDURE AT BERACHAH. NOT TODAY PAL NOT TODAY. WE EX-THIEMITES WILL HAVE OUR VOICE AND YOU WILL NOT STOP US! You can fool people who were never at Berachah, but you can't fool ex-thiemites who survived Berachah. We were there Jack! AND all you want to do shutdown an interrupt this conversation, as usual.

Thiemites think that they have such A SUPERIOR translation than everyone else, but when it comes down to "the mat" they say Oh ..uh.. its... its.. just like every other church. SO LOSE YOUR SUPERIORITY ATTITUDE IF YOU THINK YOUR LIKE EVERY OTHER CHURCH! (I don't think that it's like every other church. I am describing a Thiemites thinking, to make a point)

The Blood of Christ as Thieme taught it, originated at DTS.

Prove this. Hearsay until proven.

I knew a DTS graduate Doctor of Divinity, who showed me how what Thieme taught on the blood was from his class notes.

It became a political issue when DTS started seeking funds from fundamentalist organizations, and DTS needed to distance themselves from this teaching which was unpopular with fundamentalists.

Jesus said "It is Finished" before he died physically.
Salvation from sin was completed before his body died.

Per Dr. wall's dissertation:

Although Thieme's position on the physical and spiritual deaths of Christ is not extreme enough to call it heresy, it has some major exegetical and logical shortcomings. To simplify an evaluation of his arguments, his progression of thought is outlined below:
(1) There is a difference between spiritual death and physical death, since
physically alive people can be spiritually dead (Ephesians 2:1; Romans 5: 12).50
(2) Adam's judgment for his disobedience was spiritual death, not his
physical death, for he lived physically 930 years after the day God said he would
die.51
(3) Therefore, only spiritual death is the judgment demanded for Adam's
original sin that was imputed to us.52
(4) Christ died twice on the cross -- spiritually during the three hours of
separation from the Father from 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m., and physically soon
afterwards. Evidence for the two deaths includes the plural of death (bemutayv)
in Isaiah 53:9 and the plural of death in the New Testament in resurrection
passages (ek nekron).53
(5) Since the penalty for Adam's sin was spiritual death, one should
conclude that Christ's work of expiation, forgiveness, justification and propitiation
had to be by spiritual death only.
This conclusion is not contradicted by biblical references to the need for
the shedding of physical blood and physical death for remission of sins; for the
Old Testament sacrifices of the physical life of the animals were only typical
(symbolic) of the saving work of Christ. They just pointed to the real expiation
(the removal of the penalty for sin by substitution) at the cross; therefore, there
need not be a direct correlation between the physical death of animals and the
physical death of Christ.54
Further support for his conclusion is Christ's words on the cross at the
conclusion of the three hours of darkness when the Father had forsaken Him:
Christ said, “Tetelestai” ("It is finished"), implying that the work of salvation was
complete before he died physically.55
(6) Finally, Thieme observes that the term blood of Christ is related to
salvation passages that describe expiation (in the terms of forgiveness,
justification
50 Thieme, Blood of Christ, 1977, p. 11.
51 Ibid.
52 Ibid.
53 Thieme specifically mentions Colossians 2:12.
54 Thieme, Blood of Christ, 1977, p. 30.
55 Ibid., p. 12.
and propitiation).56 Since he has already concluded that these aspects of salvation
were accomplished solely by Christ's spiritual death, he reasons that the blood of
Christ is used figuratively to represent only the spiritual death of Christ.57
There are a number of problems with both the premises and the logical
progression of thought described above. First, the sharp separation between the
physical death of Christ and his spiritual death is unwarranted, for as Thieme
himself acknowledges, "Physical death is an eventual result of) spiritual death, . . .
.”58 Also, Paul clearly contrasts the death of Adam with physical resurrection in I
Corinthians 11 5:20-22, implying that part of Adam's death penalty was physical.
Thus, it appears that Thieme's first three points fail to recognize the close
relationship between spiritual and physical death.
Second, although it may be admitted that Christ's death included his dying
both physically and spiritually, Thieme's exegesis of passages that he claims
specifically refer to death in the plural is highly suspect. The normal
interpretation of Isaiah 53:9 recognizes that the plural of muth is used to show the
intensity of death -- a "plural exaggerativus" according to Delitzsch.59 Also the
New Testament nekros is an adjective meaning "dead," and when it is used as a
substantive, it refers to a dead person, not death. As such it is used idiomatically
in the plural to refer to the abode of the dead (i.e. "the dead ones"), and it never
means the event of death.60 The Greek word for death is thanatos, and it is not
used in the plural in the New Testament. Thieme's premise that the New
Testament teaches that Christ rose from deaths, therefore, ignores the clear
meaning of the terms.
Third, although it is proper to say that the Old Testament animal sacrifices
were typical, that the emphasis of these sacrifices was on a substitutionary
expiation, and that Christ took Adam's spiritual death sentence upon Himself; it is
not warranted by the evidence already discussed to restrict the need for Christ's
substitution to just His spiritual death. Neither does the statement of Christ from
the cross that it was "finished" (tetelestai) necessarily refer solely to his spiritual
death. Probably He had in view both His physical suffering and His spiritual
death, and that He no longer needed to remain alive physically.
Finally, the critical error in Thieme's logic involves his oversight of the
implications of the doctrine of the believer's position in Christ (positional truth).
56 Ibid., p. 4.
57 Ibid., p. 5.
58 Ibid., p. 11.
59 Franz Delitzsch, "Isaiah," in vol. 5: Isaiah 15 to Ezekiel 24, Old Testament Commentaries, 6
vols. (n.p.; reprint ed., Grand Rapids: Associated Publishers and Authors Inc., n.d.).
60 A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Literature, trans. William F.
Arndt and Wilbur Gingrich, 4th rev. ed., s.v. "nekros", pp. 536, 37 and A Greek-English Lexicon,
complied by Henry George Liddell and Robert Scott, 9th rev. ed., s.v. "nekros", pp. 1165, 66.
This oversight has allowed him to press his first four points to produce his weak
view of the significance of Christ's physical death and his faulty interpretation of
the term blood of Christ.
Thieme himself acknowledges that the believer's reconciliation rests upon
his positional identification with Christ in His bodily death and resurrection
(Romans 6:1-6; Ephesians 2:1-16). He also recognizes that the blood of Christ
accomplished reconciliation (Ephesians 2:13).61 However, he fails to relate these
two truths to each other. Had he done so he would have concluded that the blood
of Christ includes the physical death of Christ as well as his spiritual death. In
view of the fact that the Scriptures not only state that the blood of Christ
accomplished reconciliation, but also forgiveness, redemption, propitiation,
justification and sanctification (Romans 3:25; 5:9; 1 Peter 1:2, 18, 19; Ephesians
1:7; 2:13), one should conclude also that these other aspects of the saving work of
Christ (described in terms of forgiveness, etc.) were accomplished by Christ's
death and resurrection including his physical death.
Conclusion
Thieme's teaching that the spiritual death of Christ alone was sufficient to
accomplish expiation and his interpretation of the term, blood of Christ is
untenable.

Truthtesty

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: April 02, 2007 12:11AM

Wow can you believe this? I made a mistake. I did not put quotes around this in the previous post.

Prove this. hearsay until proven.

Truthtesty

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: GeneZ ()
Date: April 02, 2007 12:56AM

Truthtesty
Wow can you believe this? I made a mistake. I did not put quotes around this in the previous post.

Prove this. hearsay until proven.

Truthtesty

So, you understand the concept of hearsay?

One would not know it by the way you speak.

As for Dr. Wall's exegesis? In court we can bring in more than one witness. There are those who can present the other side who are not being heard.

There are those who do know Hebrew and Greek who would disagree with Dr. Wall. If Professor Ashby of Ancient Languages [Harvard] had though Thieme was off in these vital areas he would never have recommended Thieme to me. And, Professor Ashby was not afraid to disagree with Thieme when he had a point of disagreemnet. For all exegetes do not agree with all things. Just look at the contrasts between Luther and Calvin.

In Christ, GeneZ

As always, GeneZ

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 02, 2007 01:09AM

GeneZ:

Where do you think Theime came up short and was wrong regarding his teachings?

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: April 02, 2007 01:21AM

genez qoute

Quote:
I realize that. But I wish to take the wind out of his sails because his approach and attitude needs to be toned down. His sense of overconfidence needs balancing. His attacks need to be shown from what kind of person he is.

That will never happen.

AND if Thieme wasn't cultic in the first place and hadn't attacked my family, then this conversation wouldn't be taking place. I don't start fights I finish them.

Truthtesty

Well... let's get to the truth of the matter.

How did he attack your family?

Keeping an open mind... GeneZ

Let's get to the truth about why your here

genez quote

"I wish to take the wind out of his sails because his approach and attitude needs to be toned down. His sense of overconfidence needs balancing.

THAT'S WHY YOUR HERE GENEZ. YOU WANT TO TAKE THE WIND OUT OF SAILS LOL YOU JUST EXPOSED YOURSELF! HOW CHRISTIAN. YOU NOT HERE TO EVANGELIZE OR ADMONISH. YOU ARE NOT HERE BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN APPROACH OF LEARNING TRUTH IN ALL TRUTH. YOU JUST ATTACK ME BECAUSE YOU SUBJECTIVELY DON'T LIKE MY CONFIDENCE.

AS IF YOU COULD, boy, AS IF YOU COULD.

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IT'S YOUR PLACE?

WHY DON'T YOU TAKE THE WIND OUT OF THIEME'S SAILS? WHY DON'T YOU BALANCE THIEME'S OVERCONFIDENCE?

I SAY AGAIN THE MODERATOR IS VERY LIBERAL TO ALLOW YOU TO EVEN BE HERE, DISRUPT COMMUNICATION AND ATTACK ME BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE MY CONFIDENCE.

TRUTHTESTY THE CONFIDENT

Current Page: 36 of 204

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.