Current Page: 39 of 204
R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: GeneZ ()
Date: April 02, 2007 11:31AM

Truthtesty
To genez:

What was Thieme excuse of stopping all questions during class? It wasn't really "class" after that was it? It became a dictation at that point. I mean because in a real classroom where you are able you ask questions, in the act of asking a question your using critical thinking.

TRUTHTESTY THE CONFIDENT

After answering this post the first time, I realized something that no one is mentioning.

I can not recall when in other of the churches I attended, having any pastor stop during his message to answer questions.

The pastor simply gave his message. I can not think of any pastor or preacher I have ever heard, who stopped his message for questions... Thieme was actually an exception to the rule when he used to stop his message to answer questions.

In Christ, GeneZ

Options: ReplyQuote
R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 02, 2007 09:50PM

GeneZ and Brainout:

You really didn't offer anything critical about Thieme.

It almost seems like you both idolize this man.

It's easy to see the personality-driven nature of Thieme's following.

Thieme also doesn't appear to represent anything substantial in scholarship, i.e. the kind of scholarship that is widely appreciated as concise, authoritative and meaningful by bible scholars and seminarians.

You may both admire him, but he isn't much more than a fringe idiosyncratic teacher.

It is also easy to understand why some would call the Thieme following "cult" like in its devotion to him and his opinions, interpretation of the bible etc.

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: April 02, 2007 09:59PM

Brainout and GeneZ:

Please understand that proselytizing is against the rules.

Promoting Thieme tapes and soliciting private messaging to discuss Thieme's teachings through this board is not within the rules.

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: April 02, 2007 10:49PM

To whom it may concern:

"Brainout" has decided to stop posting at this message board and he has been banned.

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: HappyAndFree ()
Date: April 02, 2007 11:04PM

GeneZ
There was a period when he was reacting to critics, and reacting to what was going on in the country. It was during the time when the Vietnam Anti war movement was going on and the nation was degenerating into making drug use and sexual promiscuity into a accepted way of life.

He was both enraged and heart broken at the same time. He was seeing what was once a great nation falling apart as he knows history repeats itself. He loves America with a deep passion. He and Barry Goldwater were close friends.

I was there. Thieme's stand on other important issues of the time.

1) integration of public schools--Thieme professed segregation. The insisted that blacks were of inferior intelligence as a race, and quoted studies to back that. He wanted to keep blacks out of the white schools.

2) the war in Vietnam...his solution "drop a bomb and leave a hole where Hanoi was" No concern for the innocent civilians, no compassion whatsoever.

3) rebellious children. According to Thieme, they should be killed like in Old Testament times. No acceptance of the fullfillment of the law that Jesus brought. No mercy, just as if Jesus had never paid for our forgiveness.

Oh, and it was rebellion against authority that was behind the war protests??? That was his opinion. Just like it's the opinion of extremist conservatives today that opposition to the Iraq was is somehow wrong, or rebellious against authority. If people never rebelled against authority in this country, we'd still have only men voting and blacks riding in the back of busses. Some opposition to authority is GOOD!!!

It was hell growing up around those attitudes--and having parents brainwashed to adhere to such beliefs. It has taken me years to overcome this influence.

If his behavior was a "reaction" to the times, that confirms that he had no business in the pulpit. A professional, a reasonable man, would be able to manage his behavior more effectively. He talked about controlling emotions, not letting emotions run the person...well, he was all about emotions in those days.

So GeneZ and brainout, feel free to leave this forum and go follow YOUR leader. You have nothing of substance to offer here.

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: April 03, 2007 02:19AM

rrmoderator
GeneZ and Brainout:

You really didn't offer anything critical about Thieme.

It almost seems like you both idolize this man.

It's easy to see the personality-driven nature of Thieme's following.

Thieme also doesn't appear to represent anything substantial in scholarship, i.e. the kind of scholarship that is widely appreciated as concise, authoritative and meaningful by bible scholars and seminarians.

You may both admire him, but he isn't much more than a fringe idiosyncratic teacher.

It is also easy to understand why some would call the Thieme following "cult" like in its devotion to him and his opinions, interpretation of the bible etc.

I see. You are already having your mind made up. You already have determined that Thieme must be terribly wrong. That those who find good in what he did must be deceived.

You do not know the kind of good stable and clear thinking believers that were attracted to Thieme's ministry.

All this negative stuff seen here? Can it produce a means to keep others away from his teachings? Only those so inclined not to desire what is offered. But?

You forget? That the Holy Spirit leads us into all truth? Nothing will stop what God has caused to be. That's my comfort. You can not even stop real cults with this forum. They will continue as long as they serve the Lord's purpose in exposing hearts. And, the ones that are doing their job as onto the Lord? Will continue, as well. As to be a means to expose the hearts of other men.

So be it.

You have yet to admit that if a teacher is doing an excellent job as onto the Lord, that he will be falsely accused. Are there no such teachers today? God is asleep? Where are they? Why are they not being posted about here? Surely they will be branded as being evil and out to hurt Christianity. Just like every other reformer of the past was so labeled.

I would like to know who they are. Or? Has God not provided our generation with some excellent teachers who have the capacity to correct past errors? Where are they? Why are they not being slandered and maligned here? Its a perfect place to do it.

As I thought.....

In Christ, GeneZ

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: April 03, 2007 02:41AM

HappyAndFree
GeneZ
There was a period when he was reacting to critics, and reacting to what was going on in the country. It was during the time when the Vietnam Anti war movement was going on and the nation was degenerating into making drug use and sexual promiscuity into a accepted way of life.

He was both enraged and heart broken at the same time. He was seeing what was once a great nation falling apart as he knows history repeats itself. He loves America with a deep passion. He and Barry Goldwater were close friends.

I was there. Thieme's stand on other important issues of the time.

1) integration of public schools--Thieme professed segregation. The insisted that blacks were of inferior intelligence as a race, and quoted studies to back that. He wanted to keep blacks out of the white schools.

He did speak in those terms. As many others did at that time. Yet, he turned around and condemned such practices after the Lord changed him. You see? He did not stop growing. He was being a typical southern way of thinking....and lived as an example of how we repent of a lie when the truth is brought out. He later taught against such prejudice. And, you forget the black pastors who listened to his tapes and followed his minsitry? I have met one personally. He loves Thieme. And, at a conference I had some great fellowship with two black men that loved the tapes.

2) the war in Vietnam...his solution "drop a bomb and leave a hole where Hanoi was" No concern for the innocent civilians, no compassion whatsoever.

You did not know many adults at that time? My Dad said the same words to me. Compassion? We were at war!

3) rebellious children. According to Thieme, they should be killed like in Old Testament times. No acceptance of the fulfillment of the law that Jesus brought. No mercy, just as if Jesus had never paid for our forgiveness.

Distortion. He said that's how it was dealt with under the Law. That was God's way under the Law. He said (to the effect) that prisons would be nearly empty today, and we would have no drug problems if such laws were in effect. But, such a law is not permissible today in a culture like we now have.

Oh, and it was rebellion against authority that was behind the war protests??? That was his opinion.

Rebellion from both sides. The government, and the people. Both sides were rebelling against true authority. The war would not have been fought the way it was if those in government had their authority system and priorities in line. And? The drugged out youth culture knew nothing but rebellion. It was promoted right in colleges by the professors. I was there. I could not believe hearing a College president asking the student body why we had no protests yet. He sounded disappointed in us.

Just like it's the opinion of extremist conservatives today that opposition to the Iraq was is somehow wrong, or rebellious against authority. If people never rebelled against authority in this country, we'd still have only men voting and blacks riding in the back of busses. Some opposition to authority is GOOD!!!

Hysteria does not win over reason.

It was hell growing up around those attitudes--and having parents brainwashed to adhere to such beliefs. It has taken me years to overcome this influence.

I grew up in a Jewish home. Same things happened and were said. Thieme was not influencing them. You mean? They can think that way on their own?

If his behavior was a "reaction" to the times, that confirms that he had no business in the pulpit. A professional, a reasonable man, would be able to manage his behavior more effectively. He talked about controlling emotions, not letting emotions run the person...well, he was all about emotions in those days.

I said he reacted. We all either reacted, or conformed. If you walk into your house to find your mother beaten? You react! You treat reaction as it always must be a dirty word. After all. Your post is you reacting to what I said.

So GeneZ and brainout, feel free to leave this forum and go follow YOUR leader. You have nothing of substance to offer here.

I have always been free to leave. But, this is a learning process for me. I will stay as long as there is something to be learned. Or, if told to leave. Which will also be a learning process.

In Christ, GeneZ

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: April 03, 2007 07:03AM

GeneZ:

You seem willing to excuse Theime of almost anything. And you also appear to be so enthralled and captivated by him.

Based upon your posts it sounds like Thieme's followers and fans became something like a personality-driven "cult" following.

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: April 03, 2007 08:20AM

GeneZ:

You do not know the kind of good stable and clear thinking believers that were attracted to Thieme's ministry.

But instead, you seem deeply confused.

Thieme is not "what God has caused to be," but rather just a man, even though you seem to worship him.

You can not even stop real cults with this forum. They will continue as long as they serve the Lord's purpose in exposing hearts. And, the ones that are doing their job as onto the Lord?

Again, you are deeply confused.

What makes you think there is anything regarding "the Lord's purpose" in cults?

Bottom line--you don't seem to be able to seperate Thieme from the Lord in your thinking.

Very sad.

He apparently was a bad teacher to leave you in such a state.

BTW--If this Forum didn't make a difference people like you would not bother to post here, defending their leaders.

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: April 03, 2007 01:05PM

rrmoderator
GeneZ:

But instead, you seem deeply confused.

Thieme is not "what God has caused to be," but rather just a man, even though you seem to worship him.

You can not even stop real cults with this forum. They will continue as long as they serve the Lord's purpose in exposing hearts. And, the ones that are doing their job as onto the Lord?

Again, you are deeply confused.

What makes you think there is anything regarding "the Lord's purpose" in cults?

Bottom line--you don't seem to be able to seperate Thieme from the Lord in your thinking.

Very sad.

He apparently was a bad teacher to leave you in such a state.

BTW--If this Forum didn't make a difference people like you would not bother to post here, defending their leaders.

Sir, Please PM, me.

In Christ, GeneZ

Current Page: 39 of 204

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.