Current Page: 30 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: dragonflyer ()
Date: March 31, 2007 01:28AM

Yeti,they have got away with things for too long,i think its partly frustration that i mention names.I was hauled into cheryls living room for things i had said in my own home and nothing to do with them, orwellian or what ?When i think of the beautiful lives that they have ruined.if there was ever people who i saw Jesus in,people who radiate Gods love and kindness,when i see these people ive cried at what theyve been through,but hey Gods true followers have always suffered at the hand of the religious ,and boy have they suffered !the leadership at kcf stinks ,and God forgive you who go along with things you know are not right,in fact God forgive me for not speaking up.I was even told by someone who has nothing to do with kcf when i told them some of my experience not to judge,a typical soppy christian answer,but how do you tell someone in 5 minuets things that have gone on for decades.the utter crap that i heard all my xtian life ,people cats being possessed etc,this was pronounced by some1 who's surname rhyms with dross.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rosebud ()
Date: March 31, 2007 01:45AM

Hi John
I am stuck with this mental image of you rolling now. Ha ha ha.
I do remember the rolling thing. I thought it was absolutly mad back then. I didn't mind being "slain in the spirit" it got me out of having to dance . I never was truly slain in the spirit ever.

I have to say I agree with what yetigoosemonster has said. People have choices to do the right thing or the wrong thing even if they are under orders. Bad childhoods etc maybe an explaination for being bad but it is never an excuse.

Also, maybe I am wrong or I have grasped the wrong end of the stick, some of you feel uncomfortable with the talk about other people who are not Cheryl and co. I don't dis people who have done nothing to me. That is my way but I will not condemn anyone who does. Anyone is free to talk about whom they please if it will help them get things off thier chest. You have to remember that not all the abuse was done by the Doyles and the Watts.

And my last point is anger is an energy and how you choose to use it is what makes it good or bad and not the anger itself. The bad way is to let it be who you are. The good way is to focus it and to use it positivly, like trying to shut this place down. Do you think Rosa Parks was not angry when she refused to move off that seat? Do you think Martin Luther King was not angry about the inequaliy? Were these good people? Of course they were.

Any way Love to you all

Trina xxxx

ps Dragoflyer I just have to say, Wake up and smell the swilk made me laugh. I had forgotton all about swilk untill you said that. I always thought it sounded like some kind of drink given to victorian orphans to go with thier gruel. I was could not see the point of it.

Posted by: AJG ()
Date: March 31, 2007 12:11PM

[b:f9b04c0ddc]LIVERPOOL WRITER[/b:f9b04c0ddc] Have you ever played chess? Or indeed any other game? I'll assume the anwer is a postive one. Then you know you can only win by being better than your opponent at mastering the rules and skills. Luck, by itself rarely wins anything by itself.

By all the reports I've read on this page, KCF seem be (at the very least) theologically unsound. I wish I could attend to see for myself but at the moment that is not possible. I assume you wish to shut the place down. But even if you succeeded, that still leaves many problems: Where would everyone go? Are all the other churches in the Mersyside area good ones. And if so, why aren't people going there instead of this bunch of heretics?
The answers simple: Cheryl Doyle is giving people (or enough of them) what they want.

From my reading of the Bible, spiritual well-being is the responsibility of each individual. The reason why so many people have been damaged by KCG is that they surrendered that responsibility; something the Bible nowhere commands. If they've done it with C Doyle, they'll do it with someone else.

Best wished

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 31, 2007 09:18PM

AJG:

It's not that simple.

Coercive persuasion is often used within destructive churches.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Coercive persuasion is quite different from other forms of persuasion such as education, advertising, propaganda and indoctrination.

See [www.culteducation.com]

A good book from an evangelical perspective about abusive churches is "The Subtle Power of Spritiual Abuse."

See [www.amazon.com]

Another book that details abusive churches is by Ronald Enroth, an evangelical sociologist. Enroth's book is titled "Churches That Abuse."

See [www.amazon.com]

It's important not to blame the victims of destructive churches, but to aknowledge the inherent problem of leaders and their bad behavior within such organizations.

Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: March 31, 2007 10:07PM

Hi Guys ,
Rose and Dragon I have howled for ages looking at your postings. lolol we have the same sense of humour. I will not cover up abuses done to me within reason and I agree with Yeti Im not protecting abusers who will continue ruining peoples lives. I have had to face the fact that I was a gossip and a slanderer since 1991 so I think its only fair. John you rolling on the floor would have been an amazing site lol

Posted by: Liverpool Writer ()
Date: April 01, 2007 01:14AM

AJG, the problem is not "heresy". It is basic abuse and manipulation. Your approach is akin to those who ask abused wives, "Why don't you just leave?".

Rick was spot on.

Posted by: kennelwood ()
Date: April 01, 2007 04:16AM

Hello everyone

I stumbled across this forum completely by accident and have spent the last couple of days reading with great interest. I'm not at all surprised by some of your experiences with KCF and have always known there was something rotten about the whole thing.

I've never been a member of KCF but am well aware of them - I won't give too much info about my identity but most people in the fellowship, both current and ex-members, and probably some of you on here, will know me in some capacity or another. KCF tried to recruit me and members of my family on more than one occasion. Fortunately I have complete disdain for religion in general so they were wasting their time really! I was invited to one of their Kirkby Stad fundraisers once and went along just out of sheer curiosity; I stayed about half an hour and made a hasty dash for the exit once they started chanting and getting their wallets out - all struck me as being very dodgy! I sometimes actually regret not going to a few more meetings just to scope the whole thing out.

On one occasion KCF got their claws into a member of my family - started to work on them with Bible meetings in Kennelwood Avenue (before they had the place on Old Rough Lane). But we quickly recognised what was going on and pulled them out before KCF could do any harm.

I think it was pretty obvious to me from day 1 that they were a cult. Especially interesting to read about the organisational structure though - there were definitely a few things in there I wasn't aware of, but with hindsight, they make perfect sense now. Interesting to read about this knitting thing - how bizarre is that, can't say I'm surprised one bit though. Certainly not normal and definitely not healthy.

I can't pretend to know what anyone on here has experienced or is currently going through but just wanted to wish you all the best. Plus if anyone reading this is a member of this cult and is looking to get out, then it sounds to me like you've come to the right place here. The whole thing is very dodgy and sounds like it could do with bringing down.

I'll be keeping an eye on these forums with interest.

Best wishes. :wink:

Date: April 01, 2007 11:45AM

[b:b8405a79a3]LIVERPOOL WRITER[/b:b8405a79a3] Yes, why don't wives leave their abusive husbands? I woudl always advise them to do so. And I have first hand experience of such a scenario!

[b:b8405a79a3]RRMODERATOR[/b:b8405a79a3] Don't preach to me; I have FIRST HAND experience of at least THREE situations. The first involved just me and the other two, mainly friends of mine! What are your credetials?

Instead of preaching to me, why don't you offer the likes of LIVERPOOL WRITER advise on how to shut the thing down? The only reason I can't help him is because of distance. Otherwise I would attend KCF myself to have a look.

Date: April 01, 2007 12:17PM

[b:10629dd836]RRMODERATOR[/b:10629dd836]

My point is that ALL churces (but especially independent and "charasmatic"-type churches) have the potential to go bad. People need to be educated to look for the warning signs. Many start out in benign fashion but at some point take a turn towards the sinister.

Posted by: bruisednotbroken ()
Date: April 01, 2007 01:03PM

Welcome to the forums Kennelwood. I'm fairly sure I am not known to you as I do not live in Kirkby but did attend KCF until I ran for my life!

Great to see someone from the community of Kirkby on these forums and for you to be able to read first-hand accounts of what was experienced by those who were a part of KCF.

Yep, stick around....nice to see 'ya.

Current Page: 30 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.