Current Page: 17 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: firefly ()
Date: March 17, 2007 09:31PM

Yay, so we appear to be back online. It's slow and hit n miss but back nevertheless!
How we all doin? I know this place an all you ave been on my mind quite a bit. Glad its up again.

Han

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Liverpool Writer ()
Date: March 17, 2007 09:38PM

It seems the Forums are now back online, even if there are still big problems with the database! I've managed to save the entire discussion so far in text format, so the wealth of information and testimony here will not be lost if anything else happens.

An excellent idea, John W.

If I may be quite bold, I'll get the ball rolling and appeal for statements that can be collected into a file.

Here's my suggestion:

[b:02bd52ef45]Write down your story[/b:02bd52ef45] of abuse at Kirkby Christian Fellowship as clearly as you can.

If you can recall specific instances of abusive behaviour, [b:02bd52ef45]be specific[/b:02bd52ef45] about times, places etc.

[b:02bd52ef45]Email it to me[/b:02bd52ef45]: liverpoolwriter@gmail.com, or post it to me as a private message on here.

[b:02bd52ef45]Privately[/b:02bd52ef45], I would like to be able to speak to you and make a record of your name and where you can be contacted. [b:02bd52ef45]None[/b:02bd52ef45] of this will be made public without your consent. This is simply to add weight to the evidence.

Some of you will have misgivings about trusting me or anyone else here with your real identity. If you have concerns about this, I don't mind at all spending time building up some trust via emails or whatever, and you can tell me who you are when you are ready.

If making a statement is a big step for you, don't feel pressured. [b:02bd52ef45]If you would rather not write a statement, that is fine.[/b:02bd52ef45]

Overall, I think John's idea would be persuasive with church leaders, community leaders, police etc whom we are trying to inform about the abuse at KCF.

Hope everyone is taking care. Hope to see some of you back around. :)

Date: March 17, 2007 10:15PM

Its been a while since we were all 'on-line' in that time i would like to think that everyone who has read all these accounts, has used it to reflect upon what their part has been played in it. If you, like me, have been caused pain and abuse by this 'fellowship', take heart, your time has come to 'shout it from the roof tops' If you belong to this 'fellowship' , why haven't you questioned your 'leaders', do you think burying your heads in the sand is the answer? If you are the 'leaders' of this 'fellowship', what are you going to do to make good to these people..

Posted by: onlyme ()
Date: March 18, 2007 02:02AM

I know I said I won't be back, but I just wanted to post some info relevant to what is being discussed (probably already known to you peeps like!)

Info on registered charities can be found on www.charity-commission.co.uk

They are charity number 509762 'Fellowship For Christian Services'

Main scriptures on knitting include:
1 Samuel 18:1
Now when he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.

And also...
Ephesians 4:16
...that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

and Colossians 2:1-2, 18-19
For I want you to know what a great conflict I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ...
Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

As you can see, knitting is mentioned in the bible, but it doesn't say how it happens - in David and Jonathan's case, did god do it? Did they have to be filled with the spirit first? It doesn't really say what form it takes either, other than great love being involved. It certainly isn't mentioned much, and as far as I can see there's no mention of nervous breakdowns, loss of privacy, or losing your relationship with god if you keep things from your knitted partner. I think if you looked into the root meanings of the words it might give more insight. I think also when you search for the actual hebrew/greek words it comes up more often too, but I don't have access to that kinda info any more...

Date: March 18, 2007 02:25AM

I know I said I won't be back, but I just wanted to post some info relevant to what is being discussed (probably already known to you peeps like!)

Now when he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.

And also...
...that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

For I want you to know what a great conflict I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ...
Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

As you can see, knitting is mentioned in the bible, but it doesn't say how it happens - in David and Jonathan's case, did god do it? Did they have to be filled with the spirit first? It doesn't really say what form it takes either, other than great love being involved. It certainly isn't mentioned much, and as far as I can see there's no mention of nervous breakdowns, loss of privacy, or losing your relationship with god if you keep things from your knitted partner. I think if you looked into the root meanings of the words it might give more insight. I think also when you search for the actual hebrew/greek words it comes up more often too, but I don't have access to that kinda info any more...

Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: March 18, 2007 06:04AM

Hi ,
Its good to be back! I have used this time away to contact many of you on this forum and that has been really healing. Its a weird feeling, its like someone pressed the pause button on my life in 1991. Now the play button has been pressed after all this time and Im able to continue were I left off all those years ago and the friendships havnt changed despite all these years . Apparently that is what it is like when you experience abuse in your life it stunts you...
I too have ben making ammends this week to all the people from my past that Cheryl told me were bad and not to mix with them. The people concerned have been lovely about it they knew at the time that KCF was a cult... Well! Wel!l Well! if only I had listened to them and got out maybe my life would have been different now. I remember a dear friend came all the way from York looking for me wandering the streets of Kirkby to take me to a safe place and I wouldnt listen to him as I was brainwashed. I still have to make ammends to him he was right...
I brought a friend to KCF for a year he was ignored by all of them , He was waiting for Cheryl to come over and welcome him to the church. Guess what? it never happened in fact he was perfectly ignored for a year. How can you ignore someone for a year???I t was the final straw for me ... Where is the milk of human kindness??? As I said a tree is known by its fruit!!!!

Date: March 18, 2007 07:01AM

And also...

Posted by: firefly ()
Date: March 18, 2007 03:56PM

BBC- sounds like u've had a really productive time away. I'm very glad that your life is now on 'play' and you've been making amends with a few people.
Jus proves once again that life does not end when you leave the fellowship- it truly begins.

Han

P.S If you write to Liverpool Writer- please also include any details if you've ever tried to contact the leadership of the fellowship to try an make peace i.e if you left, and they 'threw you over to the devil' an all that an then you tried to make peace with them and they wouldn't have it. It'll help lots with the charity commission complaint.

Posted by: bruisednotbroken ()
Date: March 18, 2007 11:59PM

It's great to see the site back up again! I've missed the communication we had going with one another.

I was a part of the "knitted relationship" in KCF. What began as a natural friendship because a particular family were welcoming towards me, in the end, became the main reason for my leaving KCF. I've been fortunate in my life to have a few close "girlfriends" with whom I could share thoughts, days out, shopping sprees, jokes, laughter, tears....it seemed to me to be almost like a gift to have these special friends. The kind of friends where, even though you could be parted for months (or years) you could pick up right where you left off iyswim. You just "clicked". I hope none of you are thinking of this in a sexual nature, for I don't mean that kind of friendship. I just mean really, really good girlfriends.

I remember being quite startled to discover that my knitted partner had never before had a "good girlfriend" relationship. I was sad about that, for her. It was a kind of loss of real ife experience...I don't know how else to describe it. But of course the difference in the "knitted relationships" was that everything was to be shared...no holds barred. I found that to be not "true" friendship. It was much too intense. As mentioned by the Rev...that kind of trusting relationship belongs to one person, outside of God, and that is your life's partner (in my case, my husband). With a normal "girlfriend/girlfriend" relationship there was always the permission to NOT have to share everything....ermmm....not sure how to explain it! Exactly the opposite of what was expected with the knitted relationships.

I was losing contact with my own children because more and more of my life was immersed in KCF and the knitted fellowship. And it seemed they would just expect more and more of me! I was a leader in a women's ministry and although the main meetings were monthly, there were accusations of being "left out" by my knitted partner because I would usually not make contact on the day of these meetings. I had a lot of preparation to do and was absorbed and committed to the ministry upon my shoulders in my capacity as president. Every area/activity of my life was to be shared with this one person, my knitted partner. I think you can see that it was suffocating. Good relationships are not suffocating! they help you to grow!

My work life suffered as well as my home life because I neglected responsibilities in both areas. Thankfully I have a very forgiving family (kids...adults though they are....and my husband) and our closeness has been restored. They have all admitted they were very concerned for me when I became more and more immersed in KCF. And they were all there to help me recover when it all became too much and I had a breakdown. I've posted about that before so won't go over that again.

I am not sure if these knitted relationships still continue in KCF as I have no contact with anyone there any longer. There was no way that man could have persuaded me to find fault with KCF....it was definately a revelation from God...and I am eternally grateful for his grace and his mercy and His ability to restore me. I got away....and I thank God that others have too. I wonder if there are others still in KCF who can't find their way out? God, I pray that they do! (sorry this post is so long).

It is good to hear of the restoration in relationships BBC...and thanks too for everyone who is being so honest on here. It is helping so much.

Date: March 19, 2007 12:43AM

Hi To all.
I've thought long about the pain I and my family have gone through because of kcf. Terrible
things that no parent should have to go through, especially a the hands of a church we once belonged
to.
That as a family we have been able to continue in our own individual walk with God, is a
testement to His saving grace, I am awe-struck at the way God has moved in all our lives and for
some reason, we kept our faith in Him, whenever things were bad for us.

What troubles me thought, was some good folk on this site, lost their faith. They had no one
to fight for them when they were low, no one to defend them, when they were attacked. God never abandoned
them, but because they had been in a most destructive church, they turned their back on God, and wanted
out.
It is for this reason, that I will continue to expose kcf, both the victims and the member of kcf need to know that
God does not and never will behave in a manner that will bring long term harm to the individual.

Let me ask kcf this question

If you, who belong to kcf can browse this website and not feel within you any sympathy for what has gone on
in kcf, how will you feel when his website becomes common knowledge within all of Kirkby? How will you
defend the indefensible? Do you think the ordinary people of kirkby will see it your way, when they view
this site?

Current Page: 17 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.