Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Eckhart Tolle made me a zombie
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 09, 2010 04:49AM

To whom it may concern:

dsm has been banned from this message board.

Rick Ross
www.culteducation.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: alyb45 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 09:56AM

Hey Brainwashed90 I do applaud you for stepping back and realizing that Eckhart Tolle is employing mind control and hypnotism tactics and that yes, he did try to get you into a vegetative “lifeless” mental state. Eckhart Tolle is very dangerous man in my opinion, along with any other ‘egotistical’ gurus claiming you need to ‘dumb’ down yourself and stop thinking all together in order to achieve happiness. They don’t want you to think for yourself, so that they can drill into you their crazy teachings. If it were up to Tolle we would be mindless zombies walking around with no rational or critical thinking abilities. Our species would not evolve but rather go back to being as smart and intelligent as as a rock. Tolle is apart of the new age brainwashing taking place. Now I was an Eckhart Tolle fan like yourself. I was really into his works and would even listen to him every night before going to bed! (the worst thing to do) I found his voice calming and enjoyed cutting myself off from the world and attaining ‘no thought’ states of being. Anyone trying to get you to not think is someone to be very cautious of. Essentially, Eckhart Tolle teaches you to not have an ego or thoughts so that you can become a ‘zombie’ follower. His followers are wrapped into what has become a cult. When I was really into Tolle I went into a hermit like existence, not wanting to socialize with others. I controlled and tried to stop my thoughts so that I really wouldn’t have any negative ones and lost all discerning and rational thinking. I was ‘zombied’ out and distanced from reality. Eckhart Tolle is a strange and weird man who has written to do thought control and hypnotize the masses. Guess what? I really woke up and am grateful for this forum. His teachings are dangerous, absurd, and cannot be applied in a healthy way. My boyfriend at the time even told me, ‘you sound brainwashed.’ I got upset because he didn’t get Tolle but now I realize how far gone I was. I think you completed the biggest hurdle, which is to realize that his teachings are dangerous and to step back. Remember how you were before you got into Tolle and how you thought without second guessing yourself all the time? In relation to this, Esther Hicks is another ‘guru’ type (again they’ll never admit they’re ‘gurus’ but they are definitely are ‘wanna be’ gurus.) She employs the same belief which is; the way you are thinking is harmful, try our approach. I hope Tolle and Abraham fans take your experience as a lesson. We are not meant to be lifeless robots. You definitely represent a lot of people out there who get really deep into Tolle’s work. It’s dangerous and we need to shed light on this new age brainwashing.

Posted by: Agur ()
Date: October 22, 2010 06:56AM

I know this is very late in coming but I wanted to comment to a few of dsm's comments above.

Firstly....I think going into any sports forum and telling someone their team is a bunch of wusses...is pretty stupid unless you thrive on fighting and verbally brawling with strangers.

Perhaps going to a forum and finding some commonalities with like minded people would seem more.....balanced and stable. I don't believe picking fights so you can blow off steam and rage and rail at people makes any sense. Even if it makes YOU feel better about your own life...do you care the negative affect you might be having upon others? Perhaps the person you decided to pick a fight with joined the forum they are on because they are depressed or lonely or have their own PSTD or whatever...and all YOU did was create misery for them. Nothing to brag about in that! You don't "use" and "abuse" people for sport, surely....even if it makes YOU feel powerful at the time. There is no power in attacking people online.

Secondly, dsm's comment "(fear was not the point. stalking is a crime even if you are laughing at the stalker, because it is the effect of the stalker on your life, your job, and your family that must be stopped) " and "The only reason I finally got good results against the cult in my case was that I was persistent and eventually two detectives heard my story and both said "your story sounds crazy. but you just named a couple of people we know, now how on earth do you know them?" Because they knew my family and I were not in their street-crime world and so they were able to treat the stalking issue as an individual crime because they had their own judgement about the events and they did not worry about the rest. "

Yes stalking is a crime.....contacting someone's employer and slandering and libeling them is a crime. Even if you think you have good cause to be angry at the person you need to maintain boundaries or risk jail. Imagine if you got the WRONG person and stalked and attacked them via emails and videos etc......imagine the fallout there. Imagine if you have a habit of doing such things like dsm mentioned her stalker was well known to some detectives.

Stalkers are usually well known to authorities. With the internet all it takes is anyone Googling someones name and seeing what their posting/stalking/forum fighting habits are...then you can show their habits to police if they suddenly come after you. See people that stalk and fight on forums are generally cowards who power trip on their little ability to cause trouble and vent....then run away. This is why I suggest that dsm's idea of going to forums to pick fights just to be able to get your aggression out is a VERY BAD idea as these actions could become almost an addiction.....some unstable people use forums as a place to just brawl and fight and they feel safe doing that but words have power and even if it's only a forum if you slander and libel you can land in serious trouble. If nothing else you can earn a reputation on the internet as a stalker type yourself or just a plain out trouble maker.

Best to journal at home in a book and keep it to yourself than to choose to create a situation where people get hurt and someone lands in court. After all, decent civilized people can talk without cursing, swearing and threatening people.....no one wants that kind of reputation to follow them. Just to make my point...pick someone from this thread perhaps and do a search on their name....just to see what kind of impression they make on you and so you can see the importance of using the internet no differently than you would a telephone, letter or face to face encounter. That's what I have done and seeing how some people come across has reminded me to never make posts I would be REALLY ashamed for people I know to read.

Best wishes to all. I hope anyone who is suffering from the abuses of a cult, finds positive support here and lots of encouragement to carry forward and find happiness again. Just the fact that you have come here and are sharing shows you can do it and people are pulling for you as we continue to rally against those cult leaders who would use evil to destroy people's lives in whatever way they can.

Posted by: idm011 ()
Date: December 16, 2011 09:14AM

Ego is good. Ego is good. Ego is good. Ego is good.

Without it you will be like a zombie.

Ego is essential for thinking. You need to think all the time! It gets you through things and the more you think the smarter you get because thinking is exercising the brain.

To recover from this I would advocate thinking more often and exercising.

Date: December 29, 2011 05:06PM

Alllsoo love all you can, think "i love you" and things of loving nature...ego means self, which means ego is you...you are capable of love, you loved your parents, you love yourself....love and ego do coexist.

Date: December 29, 2011 05:18PM

Also I found a snippet online that said Eckhart Tolle says it's good to use my mind to deal with moving through this world....hmmm..very interesting.this should help...just don't go looking any eckhart tolle things up on google, lol

Posted by: mechanizm ()
Date: June 18, 2018 07:56PM

No, Eckhart Tolle did not turn you into a zombie. That's like saying Jesus turned Europeans into genocidal psychopaths in the time of the crusades. Jesus did not cause the crusades or the Spanish Inquisition, people misused the words of the bible to suit their own corrupt agenda. The same words caused others to become more peaceful and loving. Similarly, Eckhart Tolles teachings are there for anyone to use, what you do with the teachings will determine what changes they produce in your life. If you can't take responsibility for your own life and worship Eckhart Tolle like a guru, then it may have detrimental effects on your life.

Date: June 19, 2018 12:15AM

mechanizm:

Please don't attack people personally on this message board. It's a violation of the rules and rude.

YOu have no idea what this person's experience is and have no business attempting to lecture them.

Posted by: mechanizm ()
Date: June 19, 2018 01:22AM

Point taken. It triggered an intense negative emotional reaction in me for some reason, that obviously came across in my reply.

Date: June 19, 2018 01:44AM

Be careful in the future.

Personal attacks are against the rules agreed upon by users of this message board.

Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.