Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: jeand ()
Date: June 01, 2010 07:27AM

Those videos really make me think about the mind of my daughter's ex. I will just deal with any backlash and stick to the truth. It's about a defenseless child and if I were her, I would want my Grandma to do the same thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Ray IBIS Institute of Balanced and Integrated Spirituality
Date: June 02, 2010 05:28AM

Kathleen Schmidt just posted a video on youtube. I don't know if comments will be moderated out or not,but it's worth a try.

James Ray, QUALIFYING THE CUSTOMER and other "sucker-tests"
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 03, 2010 02:53AM

[saltydroid.info] the AI has a post on the thumb rings, and other James Ray absurdities.

Its very interesting how every single sect, has some type of up-front process that could qualify as a "sucker-test".
In this case, its the idea that the JRI sold thumb-ring holds in your "energy" flowing from your pinky finger, or whatever nonsense he said.

The Guru always puts a very strong belief "sucker-test" right near the beginning of their recruitment process. Its very important.
It does two things, it serves as a FILTER which automatically rejects those who are critical thinkers, the Guru does NOT want critical thinkers making trouble in his group, he'd rather just reject them upfront. In advanced sales, that is called...

QUALIFYING THE CUSTOMER.

More importantly, it serves as a very important step in group and cultic recruiting. As in...IF YOU BELIEVE THIS YOU CAN BE TRAINED TO BELIEVE ANYTHING.
Every single Guru has one or more of these processes, they want followers who for whatever reason are pliable enough to be trained to believe any type of nonsense.
And once you start falling down the rabbit-hole, it gets worse and worse.

This is not to blame the victim, its mainly because many people have no training or experience in the dark arts of persuasion, influence, advanced sales, thought-reform, brainwashing, lies, trickery, and exploitation.
The Guru knowingly takes advantage of those who are often the most decent and "too-trusting" people, who can't imagine the Guru is telling the Big Lie right to their face.

So the Guru starts with a small crazy belief, and then once you believe the small crazy belief, then he/she knows you can be trained to literally believe ANY crazy belief, that serves the Guru's purposes.

Re: James Ray, QUALIFYING THE CUSTOMER and other "sucker-tests"
Date: June 03, 2010 03:06AM

It also just became obvious...
what is a "sucker", the term that is used in professional sales?

That comes from the word "thumb-sucker", which of course is negative slang for an adult who is gullible, or naive like a child, and will believe almost anything they are told.
That is the LGAT Guru's dream customer, they troll and target for "easy targets".
They also then deliberately try to regress those customers, by calling them "Schoolmates", and treating them like they are in grade school.

Like the Guru's say, taking money from seminar junkies, is like "taking candy from a baby".

And to Qualify their Customer upfront is Job #1 for the LGAT Guru, and the best way to do that is with a sucker-test. If the person passes that test, then unfortunately they are in for serious trouble.

Of course, another technique seen in this thread, is when the Guru like James Ray verbally abuses a new recruit, that is another TEST. Will the customer put-up with being verbally abused and berated, while paying thousands of dollars, and being ordered what to do? If so, then that person is the perfect customer for James Ray.

The LGAT Gurus don't try to manufacture pliable customers/victims, that is too hard, instead they just try to locate them, by trolling with "free events".

Just like the vile con-artists who prey on seniors, target only the most vulnerable.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: June 07, 2010 03:33AM

@jeand,

I tried many times to post a comment on Kathleen Schmidts video but could not get it to post. I tried the like/dislike voting button also with the same result so I guess that comments have been disabled even though there are 3 or 4 sychophantic comments alread there.

I also had a look at the links TAC posted relating to legal actions and James Ray and could not see how to filter out those relating to the subject of this thread and any other James Ray who might have come before the courts.
Where it was obviously relating to James Arthur Ray the actions were all pertaining to defaults on financial payments and dated recently, from 2010.
The Candi Ray divorce link does show two doc titles relating to restraining orders about which I am loathe to speculate on the basis of available information.

I had hoped to access the content of the docs but that does not seem to be available online, only at the local courthouse where the docs are filed. Perhaps though I am missing something as I am considerably more ignorant than net-savvy.

Anyone able to throw some light on this?

Date: June 10, 2010 06:56PM

I posted to her youtube video but she deleted it and now I'm blocked there. That's good, though. It means she had to read what I wrote. I was very civil and used a kind tone. I guess she's not ready for her fans to know the truth about JAR. Hopefully he'll be sentenced and go away from the internet.

Date: June 11, 2010 01:44AM

Friday, June 11th there's a segment to air on television about James Arthur Ray Sedona sweat lodge. I was at some friends' house Tuesday night and saw the blurb about it, "What Happened Inside?" with pics of the death lodge, and a "haggard-Ray" pic from his bail hearing. The channel I'm not sure of, but believe it will be on NBC Dateline. It will definitely air at 9 pm/8 Central Time. If anyone knows more about this, please post. I will be watching all channels on my time Friday evening to catch this segment. I've gone to the Dateline page but don't see topics posted.

Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: June 11, 2010 05:30AM

On June 11, Dateline will air a segment, "Deadly Retreat," on James Arthur Ray and the tragic sweat lodge episode in AZ last year:

[www.msnbc.msn.com]

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: June 13, 2010 08:41AM

Here is a web replay of the highlights of the NBC programme Deadly Retreat:

[www.msnbc.msn.com]

Re: James Arthur Ray - Jennifer Horton, internet coaching sham
Date: June 19, 2010 03:22AM

There is some interesting new info about how James Ray is trying to make some money these days posted below in the comments, with a new internet coaching sham.

Someone named Jennifer Horton, appears to possibly be doing transactions for James Ray?

If this is the case, if followers of James Ray use their own business accounts to process transactions for James Ray, then could they not also be added to the countless lawsuits against James Ray?

It would be very helpful to post relevant excerpts of the James Ray marketing emails in this thread and elsewhere, to identify those who are "fronting" for James Ray.

_______quote excerpt___________
[saltydroid.info]

terry Hall

Reply:

June 17th, 2010 at 9:47 am

@SD, Looks like Jennifer has gone to the dark side of the force…

Email from JamesRay@JamesRay.com received today:

Hi ,

The special 40%-off sale to get James as your virtual coach in his entire Success Certain Coaching training system ends at midnight tomorrow.

Here’s the full scoop:
www.liferesultsnow.com/products/us/scc.html

This rare 40%-off special is our way of saying ‘THANK YOU’
to all the people who are a part of our community :-)
Here’s the special website where you save 40%:
www.liferesultsnow.com/products/us/scc.html
———————————————————-
Try the Success Certain Coaching System For 40% Off And Get TWO Free
Bonuses!
———————————————————
If the 40% discount isn’t enough to encourage you to
Check out the special ‘40%-off’ web site, these TWO
free gifts will surely do the trick:

* Bonus 1: Your own personal copy of his international bestselling “Science of Success” book! Learn the 7 Laws that govern this universe, and the 7 action principles to ensure you create the life you deserve!

* Bonus 2: A streaming video copy of James’ live presentation entitled “Parallel Universes.” Learn in this comprehensive program how modern science proves you can create the life of your own choosing–and exactly how to do it!
WHEW!

That’s a lot of life-transforming information …and you get it all FREE when you
Try James’ entire system for 40% off.

###

Contact form from promoted sales site: phone # 877-484-4325
www.liferesultsnow.com/connect.html

Google has this # listed on Jennifer Horton’s website contact page:
www.xpressxcellence.com/contact/contact.html

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.