Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: puella ()
Date: December 04, 2012 02:17AM

What now happens to Micaela is a show trial.
It is clearly retribution and a demonstration of what is going to happen to people who found courage to speak up about their experiences.
The biggest buddhist organisation in the world (accordingly to Ole Nydahl himself) harasses a woman who obviously doesn’t have the abundance of financial means that Diamond Way has.
They are clearly intimidating her because if she wins her case, more people (women in particular) will speak up.

Basic goodness, compassion… forget it.

So Micaela, does it mean they did not request from your psychotherapist to change the medical report?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pS1bY8pG2l ()
Date: December 04, 2012 04:47AM

"So Micaela, does it mean they did not request from your psychotherapist to change the medical report?"

Yes, Puella, it does.

Date: December 04, 2012 09:39AM

So what did they want from your psychotherapist? From what I understand Nydahl's Solicitor contacted her, didn't he?

Date: December 05, 2012 05:16PM

Sorry, but I don't believe all this. I think she was FORCED by Nydahl's lawyers to change her story. I don't think there was any misunderstandings.

Date: December 05, 2012 10:24PM

"From what I understand Nydahl's Solicitor contacted her, didn't he?"

Yes, he did, puella.

"So what did they want from your psychotherapist?"

They wanted her to influence me that way I should stop writing about my experiences. Our discussion was quite emotional then, because she wanted to protect me of beeing sued the living daylights out of me and so I misunderstood her. I thought, she also wanted to protect herself beeing threatened by legal action as well as me, because she reported me as "victim of ritual abuse and occult power".

@OleNyadhlisafraud:

"Sorry, but I don't believe all this."

You are welcome to believe what you want to.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 05, 2012 10:47PM

If this is happening as karam-mudra describes--if---a DW lawsuit against a lone woman would make an interesting article for Stern, Der Speigel, and in Western Buddhist magazines such as Shambhala and Tricycle.

I do not know the legal process as applied in the Federal Republic (or wherever country this lawsuit orginates from).

In the United States of America, legal papers pertaining to how a lawsuit has been filed, become accessible to the public, unless the case is settled in such manner that records are sealed as part of the settlement.

Often, someone is so exhausted by the time matters have reached this point that they will agree to this kind of settlement and publicity is avoided.

Rick Ross's website has an archive of lawsuit material from one organization, precisely because that organization sued Mr Ross. This treasure trove exists because someone decided to sue Rick Ross, not knowing he had earned respect from a series of good lawyers--and had a good legal position, and had crediblity and knew how to behave with courage and decorum in the midst of adversity--and make himself believable.

[www.culteducation.com]

If a lawsuit as described by Karam Mudra is filed by DW, that means journalists will have a story that can be reported and covered. But what KM has to say, such as the matter of her therapist, has to be backed up by evidence admissible in court. Her therapist must be willing to testify that things happened as described.

If so..perhaps, papers filed by DW in court could be available and read by journalists and the interested public.

Date: December 05, 2012 11:17PM

OleNydahlIsAFraud
Sorry, but I don't believe all this. I think she was FORCED by Nydahl's lawyers to change her story. I don't think there was any misunderstandings.

I agree with you. Of course both Micaela and her psychotherapist were both intimidated by Ole Nydahl's lawyer Jan Weber. (That's Jan Weber? Micaela, am I right?) Now they force her to publicly apologise. Has Mr. Weber contacted the psychotherapists in writing or on the phone?

If anyone has any background information on Mr. Weber please post.

People were posting very interesting and intelligent comments on Micaela's blog. Why all these comments were all taken down? And why subsequently all the blog was taken down?

To all RR Forum paticipants who claim that real peoples names (apart from Ole Nydahl's) should not be mentioned, here is my response. The only way to deal with an authoritarian organisation is to publicise their names. The argument here is the public good.

If someone abuses his power as a spiritual teacher or a high positioned member of a religious organisation that is exactly the way to deal with it. Make his name public.

Date: December 06, 2012 12:31AM

"I agree with you. Of course both Micaela and her psychotherapist were both intimidated by Ole Nydahl's lawyer Jan Weber. (That's Jan Weber? Micaela, am I right?) Now they force her to publicly apologise."

No, puella. No lawyer and of course not Nydahls lawyer can force me to anything, only a judge and his verdict are able to do that. Because Nydahl knows that well, he is going to sue me.

"Has Mr. Weber contacted the psychotherapists in writing or on the phone?"

He contacted her by writing. This letter was enclosed to the plaint so I had the possibility to read it properly. I recognised I was wrong with my post and I said "Sorry" of my own free will.

Date: December 06, 2012 02:43AM

So just to keep everyone up to speed. Hope I am getting it right.

1. Micaela has sued Ole Nydahl for compensation for grievous body harm.
2. Micaela opened up a blog where she shared her experiences with Ole Nydahl and her opinions about Tibetan Buddhism.
3. Ole Nydahl’s Solicitor Jan Weber obtained an interim injunction against Michaela restraining her from writing on her blog.
4. Jan Weber contacted Micaela’s psychotherapist requesting that she influences her patient to stop communicating about her experiences on the internet.
5. Jan Weber has managed to force google to take Micaela’s blog down.
6. Jan Weber sued Micaela for what he considers to be a defamatory statement.

And this is all happening in the lineage where teacher – student relationship is considered to be sacred……

And it is Ole Nydahl who claims that Islam is a biggest danger to our freedom of speech......

Date: December 06, 2012 05:03AM

Puella,
you are perfectly right except at the first point:

"Micaela has sued Ole Nydahl for compensation for grievous body harm. "

I sued him for gievous bodily harm, but it was a criminal complaint, not a civil procedure for compensation.

Until now I feel like beeing in a crash course of reading law. A peculiar result after beginning to be a student of Nydahl as a teacher of tantric-tibetan Lamaism nine years ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.