Current Page: 71 of 858
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: privateye ()
Date: November 19, 2006 09:35PM

Very interesting considering they have always denied that Independents for Godly Government was started by Hare Krishnas. This is now being discussed openly by those who were there and are obviously not with MR. Butler anymore. I wonder if this will be taken down later and it it is a blunder on some ones part to post it. In any case I will post the entire page and the link. So as to have a record of it on the internet.

[www.vina.cc]

New Political Party Started by Vaishnavas
Written by WVA correspondent in Swiss
Thursday, 09 November 2006

Chakrapani das has done solid research to show how the Ethik Partei can offer tangible help to people in this world. The party is registered in Switzerland and Germany, has its material translated in English, and is now also forming in South America.

The Term "The Age of Wisdom" has been established by Stephen Covey "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" in his new Book "The 8th Habit". He describes the coming transformation of the present Age of Information into the new Age of Wisdom. The Swiss Ethic Party of All-embracing Love was founded on the 1. August 2003 in Zurich, Switzerland and is our humble contribution for the start of this Age of Wisdom.

Mahatma Gandhi describes all-embracing love in the following words:

"To see the universal and all-pervading Spirit of Truth face to face one must be able to love the meanest of creation as oneself. And anyone who strives to achieve this cannot afford to keep himself away from worldly life. My devotional service has therefore taken me to the field of politics. And I can say without the slightest hesitation that anyone who claims spirituality has nothing to do with politics does not know the meaning of spirituality. "

www.ethicparty.org
Comments (7) >> feed

Babhru said: _
This is an interesting idea whose time we may hope has come. Here in Hawaii, devotees started a third party, Independents for Godly Government, which fielded candidates for local, state, and federal offices. While none of our candidates won election, one of our candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives got close to 30,000 votes. Let's look forward to a future in which vaishnavas' influence enters all areas of society.
November 11, 2006

Sam Udra said: _
Yes I remember that party. Independents for Godly Government. Didn't some devotees later go on and get elected in Hawaii?
Babhru, you helped them?? Can you tell us more. I had heard this but never from one who was working with them. I think one devotee on Maui became very successful and did a lot of good there. And one in Honolulu was working for the Prosecutors office for a long time and battling organized crime in Hawaii. This new party could be something to watch. Devotees should get involved. Especially in America where the NEOCONSERVATIVES are gaining so much power. They are really a lot like Nazis and there needs to be a viable party to counteract them.
November 16, 2006

Really great news. I will support such a party.

November 16, 2006
jagganatha dasi said: _
This is very good to hear Babhru - is Independents for Godly Government still going?

It would be wonderful to know more about a Spiritual Master who would endorse such progressive and compassionate action by his devotees.
November 16, 2006

Yes I would like it if more of our achraryas were open and got involved in politics and encouraged their followers to be bold and fearless carrying the name of Krishna into the political arena. I heard Srila Prabhupada once said when we can wear tilok openly then we will be successful. I am glad to hear this party is giving Vaishnavism a good name. What is not needed is just more politicians, telling lies and doing all kinds of dirty tricks to get into office. The Vaishnavas should be more dignified and not act like politicians. The Vaishnavas should be completely honest and any acharya who backed thems life should be an open book, any acharya who backed such an endeavor should be ready to face the public scrutiny, so such an acharya would have to have a spotless record.. What we don’t need is cheating and acting like politicians in the name of Krishna Con. The NEOCONSERVATIVE movement needs to be countered by a progressive party that preached love and compassion, not hatred in the name of Krishna. We don't need ultra-conservative fundamentalist ideas in such a Vaishnava political platform. Just openness and honesty is needed. I would support any politician who openly glorified Krishna and the Maha Mantra. This could give a lot of dignity to the sampradaya.
November 17, 2006

Any Vaishnava party should imbibe love and compassion for all. I think it would be a grave mistake to try to woo the ultra right conservative Christian movement of the west that looks more and more like a type of Nazi movement and has been to a large degree responsible for the war in Iraq and has caused the death of hundreds of thousands of innocent people. Every educated person in the west who is not brainwashed by the propaganda media here knows the war is not about terrorism but is about controlling Mother Earth and her resources. From the very beginning the war in Iraq and America's role should be boldly rejected along with the neoconservative movement that is paving the way for globalization.
November 17, 2006

Babhru said: _
Back in '76, Siddhasvarupananda (Chris Butler, Jagad Guru) personally suggested that I move from the Big Island to Maui to help with the party. We were friends from our brahmachari days, and he knew that I was a writer who was interested in political ideas. I had collected many signatures here on the Big Island to help get the party registered and on the ballot. I moved to Maui and helped with the writing of press releases and other things.

No, Independents for Godly Government was only around for the 1976 election. However, as Sam Udra pointed out, some of those involved did later become successfully involved in politics here in Hawaii. One was elected to the Maui County Council, (Wayne Nishiki) although he later became distracted by the allures of material life. One was very involved in things on Oahu, (Rick Reed) and I hear that he's still politically active somewhere. Many devotees are now involved in politics here (Mike Gabbard etc.) and elsewhere, and quite a few have been elected to office, but their inclination is more conservative than many of us might expect. Still, they're very active and focused on making connections with others interested in the sort of values-based efforts they favor. I would like to see Vaishnavas organize in a way that many of us would see as more progressive. I think that having both progressive and "traditional-values" Vaishnavas involved would benefit society greatly.
November 19, 2006

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: November 20, 2006 02:49AM

"Ha ha ha! Oh, hands up all the heterosexual males on the forum who have a strange, unfamiliar gay man turn up to clean your house every time you are feeling down."

well, no, but maybee we could put our names on some list? Seems like a good deal.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: November 20, 2006 12:52PM

A little while ago Zelig published an excerpt from Sai Speaks :

Sai along with Swamis Ma Devashakti and Tejo Mayananda (Sivananda Ashram) established the Haiku Meditation Center, which eventually evolved into Krishna Yoga Community. [Wonder what happened to these guru guys he supposedly studied under?. I’m sure they did not part on friendly terms, especially if money and real estate were involved!]

I have not been able to find anything about Swami Ma Devashakti yet but the name and ashram of Tejo Mayananda has turned up the following :

He left Sivananda Ashram and got involved with Baba Muktananda the founder of Siddha Yoga (survivors of this cult have a website www.leavingsiddhayoga.net)

Siddha Yoga has a legacy of sexual abuse of children by Muktananda. From a letter of resignation addressed to Muktananda by his former follower Stan Trout (Swami Abhayananda), which has apparently been widely circulated in Siddha Yoga :

[i:aae8e2cd9a]The events which led up to my leaving Siddha Yoga began in South Fallsburg in the summer of 1980 when I was called to the nearby house of a lady devotee of yours who told me of a teenage girl who had confided in her that you, Muktananda, had called her into your apartments, had asked her to disrobe, and had taken liberties with her on the pretext of examining her virginity. I was, of course shocked; but thought to myself: "The girl must be lying! But even if she's not, there must be some good reason behind it. He's a Siddha--he can do whatever he likes." I did not investigate further; I did not talk to the girl. The incident ended.

The lady then returned to her home in Europe, and shortly after Swami Tejomayananda mysteriously vanished. You learned from an informant that the lady was talking about the young girl's story, and you suspected her involvement in the Swami's disappearance. It was then that you began your campaign to discredit the lady as well as the Swami so that no one would listen to what they might say. The Swami, you told me; was a "turd" who left only because he needed a woman, and the lady, you told me, was a dope-smuggler, a spy, a sex maniac who had given birth to twins, proving that she had had sexual intercourse with a number of men consecutively.[/i:aae8e2cd9a]

(The letter goes on to detail various orders of harrassment and subterfuge)

[i:aae8e2cd9a]I could not help feeling that there was too much agreement, too much outrage, and too many people saying the same to imagine that they were all making this up.

The capper to all this came when finally I heard from Swami Tejomayananda. He had known about your "sex leela," as he called it, from 1977. You discovered that he knew about it, and thereafter relegated him to a background position from which it was apparent that he was no longer in favor. This way, he could easily be accused of "sour grapes" if ever he said anything. Still he remained--though sullenly, until he learned of your attempted seduction of his teenage daughter; then, he left in the middle of the night in silent outrage.[/i:aae8e2cd9a]

Tejomayananda then had some involvement with Anne Hamilton-Byrne aka Ma Yoga Shakti who was running a Siddha Yoga cult in Australia called 'The Family' or 'The Great White Brotherhood'. Her main focus was on children who had horrible lifes being her imposed followers. One of these children Sarah Hamilton-Byrne has written a book of which there is an excerpt with some pictures here. [www.leavingsiddhayoga.net]

Muktananda apparently has quite a presecence in Hawaii. Siddha mentions him in the booklet Dear Friend You are Not God as being an impersonalist, so it does not appear that there is any connection between Siddhaswarup and Muktananda except through shared association with Tejomayananda.

If Siddha did however take any instruction from this person, as according to Sai Speaks he did, it does not appear that he was receiving it from a very reliable source. At the time Tejomayananda could not really be considered as a spiritual authority since he had his own spiritual master while associating with Siddha, who he evidently was none too pleased with/obedient of since he then changed spiritual affiliations at least twice more.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: November 21, 2006 09:42AM

Here is a bit of Siddha history, the article he published in Back to Godhed magazine when he joined ISKCON. Been reseaching this lately and found out some pretty interesting points that I would like to write more about later.

:?: Anyone know any details about Siddha and Tusta selling the temple in New Zealand?

:arrow: [b:f1fe93b0f4]Anyone who would like a copy of the three CD lectures I have (one is partially transcribed on www.science-of-identity.blogspot.com) or wants to use the archives of Back to Godhead for research please contact me and I will be happy to oblige. I cannot copy the BTG disc (it is 6gb) but I would be happy to search articles and forward copies to you.[/b:f1fe93b0f4]

"I Offer My Respeciful Obeisances To
His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada ..."

Siddhara-svarupa dasa

Back To Godhead Magazine Volume 01, Number 44, 1970-1973

I offer my respectful obeisances to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, so dear to Krsna on this earth, having taken shelter at the Lord's lotus feet.

He is always engaged in worship of the Lord, he feels he is the lowest and most fallen of us all, he is not desirous of being worshiped. Therefore he is worshipable by me. He only accepts his position because his spiritual master has ordered him to do so. One should never take on disciples unless ordered to do so by the spiritual master. I have committed the greatest offense by taking disciples without the direct order of the bona fide spiritual master. Yet Prabhupada is so merciful that he has even forgiven me.

Disciples not abandoned-but saved. Placed securely at the feet of His Divine Grace and the disciplic succession.
Set our clocks to the eternal time scale, where example counts more than words; there a million disciples are but a drop in the ocean.

My message, spoken by my words and action, is specifically for those who (1) desire spiritual realization or (2) have achieved spiritual realization.

I've relinquished my position as spiritual master and offered myself, my disciples, and all our wealth at the feet of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Here is why:

In this age of confusion, souls seeking spiritual realization don't know which path really leads to God, and the spiritually advanced don't know how best to serve God. So everyone mentally speculates. The searchers for God go from one spiritual path to another, from one so-called spiritual master and theory to the next. The advanced soul spends his time speculating how he can help others.

Those who rely on mental speculation are bound to be misled and to mislead others because the mind is material; and that which is material is imperfect—subject to making mistakes.

I've surrendered to Srila Prabhupada because he, being in the disciplic succession from Krsna Himself, is the way out of this maze of speculation. He is the bona fide representative of the Lord, and he is therefore infused with absolute knowledge and potency. He can easily take one to God; and for those who are beyond the illusion that happiness lies in the material world, he shows exactly what actions they should engage in. No longer are independent, mentally concocted attempts at "turning on others" necessary.

As the Kali age gets thicker and more confused, so will the phone book's yellow pages under Meditation Centers, Spiritual Master, etc. Up to this time, I've been a so-called spiritual master, thus adding to the confusion, making it harder for everyone to know which path is actually absolute.

Katha Upanisad: "In order to learn the transcendental science, one must approach the spiritual master in disciplic succession, fixed in the Absolute Truth."

To be a spiritual master, one must be in the line of disciplic succession to Krsna Himself and must be an acarya, a perfect example.

As an example to others, Lord Caitanya, who was God Himself, humbly submitted Himself at the feet of Isvara Puri, the contemporary spiritual master in disciplic succession. Yet I am such an arrogant fool that I, who am nothing more than a lowly maggot, believed that I did not need a spiritual master in disciplic succession.

The first time I received the association of Srila Prabhupada's devotees was at the very much celebrated Sunshine Music Festival held in Diamond Head crater, New Year's Day, 1969. I had flown over from our meditation center on Maui to help conduct the Festival's religious function and meditation classes.

Being inquisitive about them and their "Hare Krsna" chanting, I wandered over to their booth. The devotees were very kind to me. I sat and chanted with them for a while, and one of them showed me how to play the kartals (finger cymbals), although to this day I still haven't succeeded in learning to play them correctly. I also glanced through a Back to Godhead Magazine for the first time.

Thus the seed of the perfect tree was planted. But because I knew nothing of the sweet fruit of that tree of devotional service, I took no effort to water it nicely. Besides, I was too busy trying to turn people on to the Lord's clear light energy and His all-pervasive feature.

One should understand my position at that time. There was no desire for "spiritual realization.'' I had some realization of the impersonal feature of God, and because the bliss derived from this was so much greater than any bliss possible in material life, I was moved to turn others on to it. I had no idea of God in His original personal feature. Much of my time and energy was spent trying to find or learn the easiest and quickest means of spiritual realization of God. Having sensed the spiritual power of the Hare Krsna mantra, I became interested in using it as a tool for impersonal realization. So I incorporated the chanting into our Maui asrama program.

The invisible potency of the maha-mantra soon began to have visible effects. Beautiful forms of Krsna supplanted pictures of impersonalist gurus and mystics. Bhagavad-gita had been our main textbook for a long time, but we had been using an edition by an impersonalist who, like myself, used the maha-mantra to gain the experience of merging with God. Now we began to use Srila Prabhupada's Bhagavad-gita As It Is, which has a much more devotional attitude. Yoga exercises, breathing, and silent meditation occupied a less and less important part of our program.

The sweet nectar of devotional service I had begun to taste by the causeless mercy of His Divine Grace. Impersonalist experiences now seemed dry and void—with as little significance as children's toys. Chanting the holy name for moksa ended. A bigger fool could not exist than I, for I had been thinking of using Krsna to gain moksa. Only a fool would exchange a diamond for a one-dollar bill.

Although I was beginning to relish the sweetness of the name, I had no appreciation for Srila Prabhupada. Out of his mercy he handed me the gem of love for God, and in return I gave him only trouble and more trouble. Yet he has forgiven me. He has no merchant in his heart.

Since I already held the post of spiritual master, I retained it, but now I was teaching primarily devotional service—though obviously not pure devotional service. I had no thoughts at this time of surrendering to Srila Prabhupada. I was simply taking from his teaching what I wanted and applying it. The more I engaged in what Srila Prabhupada said to engage in, the more I realized, within, the absoluteness of his words. The stronger my internal relationship with Krsna became, to that same degree the Lord let me know of the absoluteness of His representative, Srila Prabhupada. The more I began to act on this realization, the larger our group got. Thus the public in Hawaii got the unfortunate impression that I was the spiritual master of the Hare Krsna movement. This disturbed many members of ISKCON because I wasn't really the bona fide representative of Krsna. Yet still they were tolerant towards me. Along with mercifully chastising me for my "independent nonsense," they helped the community to become Krsna conscious by supplying us with books, musical instruments, mantras, instruction, etc.

Approximately seven months before my surrender to Srila Prabhupada, it became clear to me that such surrendering would take place. These seven months were a time of realizing more deeply the necessity for such surrender.

The more I accepted Srila Prabhupada's words as absolute and the more I simply repeated his words—without adding or subtracting anything to my preaching—and the more I surrendered to him in my heart as my spiritual master, the more people joined our community. They were treating me as their spiritual master, yet in my heart I knew that Srila Prabhupada was really their spiritual master. Also at this time the Lord provided us with greater facilities to spread the holy names. Both disciples and facilities came in proportion to the degree of surrender to Srila Prabhupada. While accepting disciples, it was now with full knowledge that I would be placing them, along with myself, at the lotus feet of Srila Prabhupada. In that sacred knowledge lay my only strength.

Unfathomable is Krsna's mercy—for He has sent Srila Prabhupada to distribute absolute knowledge to us. Unfathomable is Srila Prabhupada's mercy—for he is freely distributing absolute knowledge of Krsna to everyone.

I just recently learned of an incident where Srila Prabhupada and a disciple at the Honolulu ISKCON temple were talking about "that boy Sai and his rascal sankirtana party." The disciple was quite perturbed, but Srila Prabhupada was not. He simply said, ''If they continue to read my books and chant, they will become purified." He fully knew the absolute potency of the knowledge he was passing on. Thus the more I read, the more deeply did I realize that Srila Prabhupada's words were actually the words of the Absolute, with the potency of the Absolute, and the more I realized this, the more I took the words and instructions as my life and soul. The more I took his words as my life and soul, the clearer it became to me that I had to follow exactly what he was saying. That which I heard him say most often was, "Surrender to the bona fide spiritual master and learn the science of God from him."

The highest pleasure is in pleasing the Lord—so that is my desire. To please the Lord I must please the spiritual master; to please the spiritual master I must follow his instructions, knowing full well that they are the instructions of the Lord.

I felt perfectly secure from this point on because no more speculation was needed in order to know how to please God. I knew from that point on that Krsna would be pleased simply by my pleasing Srila Prabhupada.

Lord Caitanya's attitude left a deep impression on me. I desired to be in the position of which He spoke: ''I am the servant of the servant of the servant—one hundred times the servant—of Krsna." By my serving the servant of Krsna, the Lord would be pleased with me. The Lord chooses those devotees who feel too impure to be with Krsna, and He hugs them as they futilely struggle to run from His arms.

I knew that Srila Prabhupada would be pleased if I stopped my independent nonsense and entered into ISKCON temples and learned submissively the science of love of God from his disciples. And so the specific plan of action was begun.

Because my followers were sincere and serious in their endeavor to serve and love God, there was little trouble in the change. The only devotees who were confused were the few who had been trying to impress upon others that I was Krsna. They were suffering from the same disease that Srila Prabhupada desires to free the world from: "I am God-ism." No one left the movement, however, for out of Srila Prabhupada's mercy they had already tasted the sweet nectar of devotional service. This can be seen by the fact that they had given up the carnival-like material life. They weren't like the pseudo yogis who "meditate" a few minutes or hours a day and then go and engage in all sorts of nonsense.

We had our fill of encounters with such "yogis" and "swamis." In fact, recent encounters with a few Indian "swamis" on their way from India to the USA mainland (to get disciples) freed many devotees of their idealistic illusion about these cheaters in the garb of "Indian holy men" and simultaneously let me see that I was lending authority to these yogis' independent rascaldom by my not surrendering to the bona fide representative of Krsna.

I didn't inform most of my followers of my plan of action until only two days before I took it. I explained at length my desire to please my spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, and said that if they would like to follow my example they were encouraged to do so. The talk was long, serious and confidential. Many were sad; they didn't know if they would be able to treat me as their spiritual master, and I said, "In small ways you won't be able to treat me as your spiritual master, but in the most important sense you can. You can please me by doing what I want you to, and I want you to learn the science of devotional service from Srila Prabhupada. So there's no problem, no conflict."

A deep feeling of relief filled the air, a feeling that was free from any doubts of the correctness of my action. Safe in the hands of Srila Prabhupada, at the feet of the disciplic succession, a feeling of soul security prevailed. And added to this was the excitement at gaining so many new Godbrothers and sisters. As one devotee joked, "Our community has not dissolved, it has expanded. We now have temples and Godbrothers all over the world!" Spontaneous chanting and dancing began, and no one wanted to stop. Shouts of, "All Glories to Srila Prabhupada! Gauranga! Hari Bol!" burst forth, opening a whole new chapter in our lives. All sectarian feelings had disappeared. Surely the Lord was very pleased!

After prasadam and more chanting, the boys who wanted to follow my example began cutting their hair. To us the hair cutting meant surrender to Srila Prabhupada and the disciplic succession. For the next two days, organizing for the exodus to the different ISKCON temples took place. All our wealth was distributed to different temples, and our vehicles, property, etc., were handed over to Srila Prabhupada's bona fide representative in Hawaii, Gaursundar dasa Adhikari.

Nothing is or ever was mine. So I could not have given up anything at all. Materialists understand not the laws of the spiritual world; to move forward, one must move backwards. With each backstep, a step forward is gained. As water seeks always the lowest point, so should the devotee of the Lord. To move forward, then, is to surrender to the bona fide spiritual master. To be attached to serving and pleasing such a spiritual master is to be attached eternally to Krsna's feet. There, securely stationed at the lowest point, in bliss, he is never attracted by the mundane "glory" or "pleasure" offered by the material circus world.

I am certainly unworthy of giving anyone any advice, yet I would like to, at least, pass on to my innumerable brothers and sisters the wish of my most humble spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada. His wish is that you take to the chanting of Hare Krsna, regardless of your particular situation in life. You are all much more qualified than I to bathe in the nectarean ocean of Lord Caitanya's mercy; therefore you should not hesitate to chant, read Srila Prabhupada's books, and visit or join any ISKCON Temple at any time.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: DharamRakshak ()
Date: November 21, 2006 11:33AM

I am a disciple of Srila Prabhupad Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa in Australia.

I have been 'trolling' this thread for the past few weeks curious to know what is being said about the people here who I consider to be my brothers and sisters.

Srila Prabhuapad was not pleased with His followers in Australia, as others here should be well aware. He made it clear that He considered that we were not fit to call him Srila Prabhupad. He chastised everyone in general and some who were in a position to set a better example in particular before He left Australia.

This girl who talks about the way things are here now, she does not conceal that her name is Cara, which means 'spirit', and we all know it is her, is right in much of what she says. The school here is insufficient. There is neglect of the children. Many of them when they are teenagers run wild which is a sign that they were not given adequate attention and raised with enough values instilled in them to develop a love for Krishna.

My brothers and sisters, one in particular, are guilty of great wrong doing against this person, and I know of others too, who attempted to follow the process and humbly sought to surrender to the teachings of a bonafide Spiritual Master.

I would like to say that Srila Prabhupad has been grossly and shamefully misrepresented by his followers. Sadly this still continues because of one of His student's in particular stubborness and false prestige in refusing to make amends with a woman that he should have taken care of and responsibility for but was too much of a tilly.

I think that the way that Science of Identity Foundation and the Australian School of Meditation are being portrayed now is extremely damaging, and has the potential to destroy much good for many people if it continues. I do not blame the girl that is doing it though, but those who have given her this experience and who refuse to make any resolution. She was a sincere seeker of the truth, and a person who has that blessing and is attracted to Nrsimha is not someone who simply goes away and forgets. A sincere follower or disciple of Srila Prabhupad also does not go away and forget one of his students because they experience moments of spiritual darkness.

At the end of the day she is a woman and controversial in this age or not, as the Scripture says, women require the protection and guidance of a man. When a man does not take up this opportunity it is he who is at fault, no question.

I cannot speak for how many of my brothers and sisters read this forum but the situation is a mess and what is being said should provoke reflection and a raising of standards rather than being ignored or dismissed.

I am certain that there will be much gossiping about my audacity to post here and suppossing of who I am. Rest assurred that if I cannot find some way to see that the teachings of Srila Prabhupad are being sincerely followed here, and that no person is being abused or left behind, that you will all recognise me when I am gone.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: November 21, 2006 03:38PM

Hey, Dharam, I think it is cool that you wanted to post here.

Thanks.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: jules ()
Date: November 21, 2006 06:44PM

I was a disciple of Srila Prabhupad Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa, and am proud to say I no longer wish to be associated with him or any of his followers.
Dharam rakshuk...don't know that name!! You must have come along in the later years....You are brave to post or even read these forums, as we are blatently speaking out against the person you have given your life to.

Srila Prabhuapad was not pleased with His followers in Australia, as others here should be well aware. He made it clear that He considered that we were not fit to call him Srila Prabhupad. He chastised everyone in general and some who were in a position to set a better example in particular before He left Australia.

I have heard this so many times, over the years. If its not the Aussies, its the crew in Hawaii, NZ or the Phillipines. We have all been banished many times over, and refused the right to call him Srila Prabhupada.
The disciples are only as good as their teacher. Nothing is normally done that will reflect on SIF unless the SP has orchestrated it.
"Passing the buck on' doesn't really fly after being around many a year.
common denominator SP always comes out looking rosy though.

The school here is insufficient. There is neglect of the children. Many of them when they are teenagers run wild which is a sign that they were not given adequate attention and raised with enough values instilled in them to develop a love for Krishna.

That's because it is not really a school, nor is it an education these poor kids are given. Theres hope if the kids rebel! SPs idea of school is indoctrination, and keep them stupid...that way they can be of some use.
VD's kids went to school, they had the best of everything- only the select few can get the special treatment!
Why doesn't he let these kids get a decent education and go to a school where teachers are qualified, I remember seeing kids sue their parents because they were never given the opportunity to advance scholastically and ended up illiterate with no hope of ever attending University.
"There is neglect of children", well that's easily rectified if you plan how many to have, problem is there has always been so many unwed pregnancies, Wife swapping,husband swapping and in some cases SP has allowed his disciples to have more than one wife. The parents are so busy serving they leave their kids to fend for themselves. The example is set to get on some welfare be it unmarried mothers pension, or unemployment so you can make hard working taxpayers pay for your "serving" and "screwing around".

I would like to say that Srila Prabhupad has been grossly and shamefully misrepresented by his followers.

You may say this, But I 100% disagree. SP runs and has run many a program many a project that if his disciples knew half the truth they would seriously be packing their bags and start taking care of their own salvation.
By your words Dharam rakshuk, it appears your eyes are still very covered by the veil of SP's web. He still has you completely in his clutches, you defend him but DO you really know this person you are defending?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: November 21, 2006 09:30PM

Jules I don't think that Dharam Rakshak is this person's name - I have certainly never heard of any disciple named this.

It is a Vedic term that means 'protection of religion'. It was the name of an organisation in Australia in 1999 that spoke out against Sydney gay and lesbian mardi gras use of Hindu deities and symbols in that years theme. At that time (and it appears that this was another fly by night organisation emerging to give an air of unity and authority in dishing out criticism and consternation before vanishing) Brandon Raynor, I am sure is a disciple of Siddha (dunno his spiritual name) was the spokesperson. I am not sugguesting it is him, as I know he lives in Hawaii. I have no idea who this person is.

I don't really know how to take this post. It is a very brave thing to do and I hope that there is some resolution for this person in their own life. I hope there will be a future for the children that are there now and that everyone who can contribute to providing insight into SOI will continue to do so in whatever way they feel personally satisfied in doing.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: quotesman ()
Date: November 21, 2006 09:34PM

Dharam, welcome and pay attention.

If you do not want to take the blue pill and find out what the real story on Chris Butler is you should leave now.

Well said Jules.

Nothing of importance goes by without the sanction of the man at the top. He is the one calling the shots. I saw on more than one occasion disciples biting the bullet for mistakes your SP did. He is more than happy to let his disciples take the blame for everything from his illness to his poor wife having to eat at Chinese restaurants because the dozen cooks could not satisfy her.

Every one in every area your Sp has a tribe has heard the same crap. That he is sooooooo displeased with everyone and everyone is sooo…so…sooooo messed up. Only him and his dear family love Krishna, everyone else is a demon. It is the same crap everywhere he goes.

And it is true he treats his own family like royalty, All the best for his dear surrogate family. All the other kids can stay dumb and poor. The royal family gets the best of everything, education, money, what ever they want. I was told at the school in the PI while the other boys were breaking ice in the morning to bath, Vaishnavas dasi’s kid had his own private hot water heater. It would be too hard for the darling son of the Queen of SIF to have to stoop as low as everyone else in the school.

If you want the truth stay tuned and read every page of this thread.

There is more than one X-disciple here and they are telling it like is is/was.

And do not for a minute think your spiritual life has to end when you realize you have been duped by a Prabhufraud. This could very well be the beginning of real life for you, both spiritually and materially.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: November 21, 2006 10:54PM

cultreporter
Here is a bit of Siddha history, the article he published in Back to Godhed magazine when he joined ISKCON. Been reseaching this lately and found out some pretty interesting points that I would like to write more about later.

..... Yet I am such an arrogant fool that I, who am nothing more than a lowly maggot, believed that I did not need a spiritual master in disciplic succession.

There is a saying that the leopard cannot change his spots. Maybe that arrogance stayed with him to create the Praboofraud image.

..... therefore you should not hesitate to chant, read Srila Prabhupada's books, and visit or join any ISKCON Temple at any time.

Sai again speaks with forked tongue (Ah, sigh!) He sure flip-flopped on this statement, as just a few short years later (or was it months???) he was advising people to do just the opposite, and was back to his "independent" ways again. Seems like the sweet words of surrender were just a ploy to get his foot in the door - (maybe this gig looked like it could make more money than the impersonalist trip??) :!:

:arrow: Great work, Reporter, for digging up this old article. No wonder the Praboofraud did not want his followers associating with ISKCON!

Current Page: 71 of 858

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.