Current Page: 28 of 858
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: initiate ()
Date: May 31, 2006 06:58PM

I have found out that there is a Hari Krishna center in the town of Talamban, near Cebu City in the Phillipines. It's a nice house with a garden. That's all the info I could find out so far by Skyping the PI.

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 01, 2006 05:55AM

angelover
Ever since I wrote my first post my life has been changing. For the better.

I found that once I was willing to admit my frustrations more information was remembered. These issues were locking in the back of my mind as wonders.
A couple of days ago a wrote down a whole list of area that I felt were in some way out of integrity with the truth.
HERE IS ONE.
Toe nail eaters. I know this happened. It is actually promoted to worship the feet of a holy person, so there for there is a practice of worshiping shoes that have been on Siddha. Sneakers! Its kind of funny looking.
Ok, so I can understand the concept of worshiping, and even seeing a holy persons feet as holy. But, what I dont understand is EATING the toe nail of Chris B. Its a noble act of faith? Ok I can see some beauty in that.

Does this make sense to any of you?

Are any of you people that have eaten the toe nails yourself out here in cyber space?

Just read this old post. This is really funny. If this is going on now, I'm even gladder that I left years ago. Siddha used to mock people who would grovel and want to drink out of the shoes of the acharya! At that time, a LONG time ago, he would not accept much direct service and you were lucky to get him to accept a garland. Everything has changed and has become what he hated the most.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: June 01, 2006 10:01PM

There was a taped recording of a conversation between Biharilal and Siddha where Biharilal mentioned that his son wanted to study to become a laywer... guru replied, no, no, no, as the son would probably forget about Krishna, etc, etc, etc, etc...

The point is that there is evidence to suggest that guru was influencing not only his followers/disciples, but also the children of said followers/disciples.

Therefore it is quite conceivable that guru did manipulate Mike Gabbard to influence his daughter to go off to war in Iraq... And to think that this was done to make Mike look like the patriotic American in order that he could get more votes.... in order that guru could manipulate the political forum on Oahu???? This certainly is SHAME, SHAME, SHAME.

(Meanwhile in Iraq, it is turning into the same hell-hole that happened in Vietnam, with soldiers killing innocent children and aged seniors out of hatred.)

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: regina ()
Date: June 02, 2006 07:44AM

You thought the toe-nail story hard to believe.
How about this? And it is a first-hand observation, not hearsay.

A kid had a pair of old socks, worn by Wai Lana. The kid felt "blessed" to have them and wear them.
Is this abasment and misdirected devotion or what?
The worn-out socks of the Guru's wife?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: regina ()
Date: June 02, 2006 08:15AM

"Children in New Religions": Seminal New Book Discusses the Precarious Balance between Freedom of Religion and the Best Interest of the Child
Susan Palmer (Dawson College, Montreal) and Charlotte Hardman (University of Newcastle) edit an important book on a subject rarely examined systematically by scholars of new religious movements: the situation of children born into these religions and raised with a very different orientation toward the larger society. The 254-page book (Children in New Religions, published by the authoritative Rutgers University Press - New Brunswick, New Jersey, and London, 1999) explore two main questions: (1) What impact does the presence of children have on a new religion's lifestyle and chance of surviving into the future; and (2) Is child abuse more likely to occur in unconventional religions, or are these allegations a new way of limiting the freedom of religious minorities?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: gulag ()
Date: June 02, 2006 08:38AM

www.fathershomepage.com/openletters.html - 27k
These are some rather virulent letters regarding the subject.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 02, 2006 09:28AM

just-googling
There was a taped recording of a conversation between Biharilal and Siddha where Biharilal mentioned that his son wanted to study to become a laywer... guru replied, no, no, no, as the son would probably forget about Krishna, etc, etc, etc, etc...

The point is that there is evidence to suggest that guru was influencing not only his followers/disciples, but also the children of said followers/disciples.

Therefore it is quite conceivable that guru did manipulate Mike Gabbard to influence his daughter to go off to war in Iraq... And to think that this was done to make Mike look like the patriotic American in order that he could get more votes.... in order that guru could manipulate the political forum on Oahu???? This certainly is SHAME, SHAME, SHAME.

(Meanwhile in Iraq, it is turning into the same hell-hole that happened in Vietnam, with soldiers killing innocent children and aged seniors out of hatred.)

As Dr.Phil would say, [b:63249ba0bd]"WHAT WERE WE THINKING!!!!???????"[/b:63249ba0bd]

Why and how could we allow ourselves and our children to be subjegated to such bogusness is the real question. You know the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." This is the whole point of all of my posts. At some point there are enough signs and indications that this person is not who he claims to be, etc. If we continue to be a follower, then we are complicit in the crime and must take responsibility. We suffer the consequences (along with our children) of [b:63249ba0bd]our [/b:63249ba0bd][b:63249ba0bd]CHOICES[/b:63249ba0bd]. Siddha may be a fraud and a crook, but try prosecuting him under any labor, election, or any other laws! We [b:63249ba0bd][i:63249ba0bd]volunteered [/i:63249ba0bd][/b:63249ba0bd]to be used. We are the ones who have to protect ourselves along with telling others the truth so they don't make the same mistakes we made. By sharing our experiences we may be able to prevent others from losing years of their life like Rip Van Winckle did sleeping a lifetime away.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 02, 2006 07:39PM

Cult members are often so "brainwashed" they can't think clearly.

And with their critical thinking impaired by a group process and influence they are frequently unable to protect themselves or their own best interests.

Dr. Phil's mantra "What were we thinking?" doesn't seem to take this into consideration.

And blaming the victim for their own injuries in a cult situation isn't a meaningful response to the problem.

See [www.culteducation.com]

And also [www.culteducation.com]

Part of sorting through a cult experience is putting this in perspective and understanding the group's process of breaking people down and manipulating them.

Sharing how that process works is good preventive medicine for others that might potentially be victimized by a group or leader.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 02, 2006 08:10PM

regina:

Susan Palmer is cult apologist.

See [www.cultnews.com]

[b:f83076954d]Cult apologist proclaims Raelians “world’s largest UFO religion”[/b:f83076954d]

Cult apologist Susan Palmer likes to call the controversial “Raelians” her “friends,” and proclaims that they are now the “world’s largest UFO religion,” within an article run by Trinity College’s online newsletter.

The Canadian religious studies teacher recounts, “My Raelian friends boasted that membership had skyrocketed from 50,000 to 60,000 since [making their clone claims].”

However, whatever Palmer says must be taken with more than a grain of salt. She is a self-professed “cult lover” who has been paid by such groups to defend them in court.

Palmer chooses to describe Raelian leader “Rael,” as a playboy and a sportsman and a social satirist.”

However, news reports routinely refer to him as a “cult leader.”

In fact, Rael’s own family sees him quite differently than Palmer.

The man’s real name is Claude Vorilhon. And the aunt who raised “Rael” calls him “little Claudy.” When confronted about her nephew’s claims of communication with alien beings from outer space she says Vorilhon is a “cornichon” (pickle), which is French for nitwit.

Palmer disregards Vorilhon’s personal history and seems to be deeply invested in Raelian myths. After all she has a book coming out about the Raelians.

“The [cloning] affair was…an unqualified success. The media…played right into his hands…[and] for the first time elicited a direct response from the Vatican,” says the seemingly infatuated Raelian chronicler.

Palmer doesn’t seem to care that the clone claims were a hoax, or that the group reportedly bilked a couple for a considerable amount of cash. She is impressed by “little Claudy,” even if his family is not.

Don’t expect this religious studies teacher to critically or objectively analyze anything about Rael or his Raelians. Palmer has pronounced the group “benign” and she is invested in that position, despite serious allegations of sexual abuse and various investigations still pending in France.

Perhaps that’s why when the cult apologist “bumped into a group of [Raelians]…they pecked [her] cheeks enthusiastically.”

Also see [www.cultnews.com]

[b:f83076954d]Newsweek quotes “cult lover” as expert on Raelians[/b:f83076954d]

First the Raelians hand picked Michael Guillen as their “expert” to coordinate DNA testing, which would supposedly prove their cloning claims. Later, Guillen was exposed as Clonaid CEO and Raelian bishop Brigette Boisselier’s “friend.”

Skeptics see Guillen as largely an apologist for paranormal claims. He received a “Pigasus” award (”when pigs fly”) from noted debunker James Randi.

Have the Raelians found another friendly “expert”?

Newsweek recently quoted Susan Palmer, a professor at Dawson College in Montreal and the author of a forthcoming book on the Raelians, in an article about the “cult” called “Spaced Out.”

Palmer described Claude Vorilhon or “Rael,” founder and leader of the Raelians, as a ” a playboy and a sportsman and a social satirist.” And she characterized the group as “benign.”

Palmer is also the author of an article which appeared in the Montreal Gazette titled “No sects - please we’re French.” She essentially attacked the French effort to identify and monitor destructive cults. Palmer prefers the politically correct term “new religious movements” (NRMs).

According to Palmer the “Moonies,” Scientologists, Hare Krishnas and of course the Raelians, are all NRMs. She likes to take her college students on “field trips” to the Hare Krishna temple and to witness Raelian baptisms.

Palmer admits, “If I were a French sociologist…I would be out of a job. I would be called a ‘cult lover.’”

Palmer also has defended an anti-Semitic cult group called the “Twelve Tribes,” which was fined for child labor violations in New York and has been the focus of frequent allegations regarding child abuse.

Professor Palmer appears to be more of a cult apologist than an objective observer or “expert.”

Serious questions have been raised about the research of academics like Palmer.

Benjamin Zablocki a professor of sociology at Rutgers University lamented, “The sociology of religion can no longer avoid the unpleasant ethical question of how to deal with the large sums of money being pumped into the field by the religious groups being studied…in the form of subvention of research expenses, subvention of publications, opportunities to sponsor and attend conferences, or direct fees for services, this money is not insignificant, and its influence on research findings and positions taken on scholarly disputes is largely unknown. This is an issue that is slowly but surely building toward a public scandal.”

How has Professor Palmer’s Raelian research and coming book been funded and/or supported? And what fees, money, expenses and/or sponsorships has she received from groups called “cults”?

Maybe James Randi should consider Susan Palmer for a “Pigasus”?

This is a collection of articles about cult apologists like Palmer that a frequently paid by cults to defend them. They also are often provided funding to write books by cults anxious to apologize for their behavior reported in the press, such as the Raelians, who Palmer has written about and defended.

Others in the field of religious studies and sociology have criticized such apologists.

None of Palmer's books are considered "seminal" by serious scholars, other than her fellow apologists and those that are either in or support groups called "cults."

Note that there are some books listed about ISKCON and other groups.

"Cults in Our Midst" by Margaret Singer is a seminal book by a well-recognized expert.

"Bounded Choice" in an interesting book by Yanja Lalich

"Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism" is a seminal book by noted psychiatrist Robert Jay Lifton.

Cults are big business and cult apology is something like a cottage industry for some academics, often willing to trade on their credentials and tread on the facts for profit.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: June 03, 2006 12:58PM

regina
You thought the toe-nail story hard to believe.
How about this? And it is a first-hand observation, not hearsay.

A kid had a pair of old socks, worn by Wai Lana. The kid felt "blessed" to have them and wear them.
Is this abasment and misdirected devotion or what?
The worn-out socks of the Guru's wife?

SOCK IT TO THEM, WAI LANA! :D

Current Page: 28 of 858

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.