Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Date: January 13, 2016 02:44PM

Re the cult cats and cult kids,
I think this article found of Flash’s blog sums it up pretty well:
Quote:. And in the height of absolute arrogance decide they know better than God and feed his creation a diet it wasn’t created to eat. Which again makes zero sense. On top of that we were taught that it would have been the animals karma to die suffering, yet we have the choice to feed that animal the meat that would help it survive, or feed it no meat, which will cripple or kill it. Or we could choose to not even have it as a pet in the first place and get a rabbit or guinea pig instead. But instead we inflicted bad karma on that animal and made it suffer for the reasons above. Yet it begs the question, if we can choose to inflict karma, then it’s not predestined, so how could it be the cat’s karma to suffer if it was our choice to inflict that suffering in the first place. Again, the ideology makes zero sense. But I’m digressing (or really getting things back on focus) because the cat suffering was symbolic of a broken system that chooses following ideology over using humanity, and caused people to choose to be utterly cruel to their children and their pets. THAT was the point.. End quote.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: January 13, 2016 11:51PM

The fact is, all cults are masterminded by psychopaths supported by weak minded followers. Psychopaths are cruel and arrogant. Their disregard to how precious life is will in no way find any place in the minds of critical thinkers. I have hope that the millenials will figure it out themselves and help bring an end to this stupid and insidious ideology and all that Chris Butler and minions worked for their whole life will in the end blow up in their faces. The old way will always give way to the new way, just as the light scatters the darkness. In this age and time, there is no escape, and no more excuses for a cult to exist in a free and open society.

Date: January 14, 2016 02:46AM

VoxVeritasVita Das Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Re the cult cats and cult kids,
> I think this article found of Flash’s blog sums
> it up pretty well:
> Quote:. And in the height of absolute arrogance
> decide they know better than God and feed his
> creation a diet it wasn’t created to eat. Which
> again makes zero sense. On top of that we were
> taught that it would have been the animals karma
> to die suffering, yet we have the choice to feed
> that animal the meat that would help it survive,
> or feed it no meat, which will cripple or kill it.
> Or we could choose to not even have it as a pet in
> the first place and get a rabbit or guinea pig
> instead. But instead we inflicted bad karma on
> that animal and made it suffer for the reasons
> above. Yet it begs the question, if we can choose
> to inflict karma, then it’s not predestined, so
> how could it be the cat’s karma to suffer if it
> was our choice to inflict that suffering in the
> first place. Again, the ideology makes zero sense.
> But I’m digressing (or really getting
> things back on focus) because the cat suffering
> was symbolic of a broken system that chooses
> following ideology over using humanity, and caused
> people to choose to be utterly cruel to their
> children and their pets. THAT was the
> point.
. End quote.

Thank you, Vox. I have just been given permission to identify Eigener Herr as the author of this brilliant rebuttal contained within Vegan Pets in the Cult of Butler.

Posted by: CarlFig ()
Date: January 14, 2016 03:59AM

On the subject of pets.
In January 1975 I found my way to Koolau Farm - was Bill Penaroza's house at that time. It was raining (really raining - Kauai style), I was hitchiking, and I needed a place to stay. I had met Siddha in December on Maui.
All at the farm were really nice - they said I could spend a night; but they were all running around very excited because Siddha was coming that evening, and lots of preparations had to be made. I was pretty much left to myself.
While I was wandering around, I came across a kitten that was paralysed in his back legs. He kept crawling out from under the porch using his front paws, into the rain. I petted him and moved him back under the porch where it was dry. I did this several times, and then I asked about the kitten, and was told "Oh yeah, that kitten is about ready to leave this world." I think Vince told me that. I asked if anybody had thought about putting him out of his misery. Of course, this was anathema, and I got some strange looks for bringing it up. I looked around for a shovel, but decided I couldn't kill somebody else's kitten, no matter how much it seemed to be suffering.
Siddha finally showed up, and after prasadam, he was giving a lesson. I was sitting on the porch and, during his lecture I went outside and moved the kitten back under the porch again where it was dry, and sat watching it. After his talk, Siddha came out and asked what was going on. I said, "This kitten is dying."
I will never forget what he then said, "How come nobody has put this kitten out of his misery." This was met with incredulous looks from all devotees, which probably reminded Siddha of ahimsa dogma. But I was impressed. Of course nobody helped the kitten toward the big sleep. They took out a tape recorder with chanting and put it under the porch. Next morning the kitten was dead, and I was back on the road, hitching down to the sunny South side.
But I have never forgot these events.

Carl

Date: January 14, 2016 04:21AM

CarlFig-
Thank you for another excellent TRUTH BOMB- wake up you fools.
Do you not see (you slavish devbots) that Siddha/Chris/Prabufraud
lives by HIS OWN rules?
Yet he expects you to follow his harsh cold and miserable way of living/thinking and judging others- while he remains in his own invented reality, comfortably ensconced in his beach side mansion, aloof
and far away from his own dogma?
He is the Supreme Enjoyer and he enjoys YOUR suffering.
Worse yet...... you like to suffer....

He is the Supreme Taker, and he will take...everything.

He is the Supreme Destroyer, he will take your world away and your families, your lives and your souls.

He has appointed himself Lord and Master of all he surveys
and he is insane.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 14, 2016 05:16AM

Friends, we need to keep the animal cruelty posts salient for the public.

If any new trolls show up, post some links to these items.

Just like babies, our pets trust us to do the right thing for them. They rely on us.

On us.

Rely on us to supply them with a diet that that enables them to thrive, not just exist.

Ditto for emotional and mental education.

Posted by: IanKoviak ()
Date: January 14, 2016 05:20AM

I think all societies have bigoted views the more uneducated the population in question. That's why education is so important. That's the issue with religion. It trumps and negates all the work that science and a whole education has strived to build and create for people. When you stop asking questions and challenging so-called social norms and customs due to a religious mindset—you stall societies progress. Anyone who is left saying "all I want to do is serve the lotus feet of my guru lifetime after lifetime" is going to be the same person who does not challenge the guru when the guru speaks against women, homosexuality and any number of issues that they lack any sort of educated view of. They won't speak up when some idea is put forth that contradicts science or just sounds downright suspiciously absurd any way you slice it.

For a religion based on the notion that you're not this body, there sure is a lot of attention put on the physical/outer expression: The male/female conundrum, the saffron dress vs. householder, the sikha, the neck beads, dieties, superior and inferior etc. It's amazing to think that such blunt creation of differences and attention to the outward expression does not profoundly affect the minds ability to stay clear of identifying with your body. Everything is labelled as superior and inferior with little explanation other than some abstract religious bias.

I recall prayers like the "This body is a lump of ignorance etc..." and the heavy burden I felt feeling like I was basically just a low class sense-enjoyer. Like this life was just useless. Any pleasure and satisfaction I had was simply my downfall and unless I was chanting and serving all day, I was not giving myself fully to my guru and god.

Stories like the one cowboy relates, and the culture that such a mentality breeds, is incredibly self-denying and deprecating. Victims of abuse have no voice and in most cases probably feel that god is making them suffer and that they deserve this karmically or some other load of crap. They may even feel that such suffering and abuse is in some way part of the "purification process".

It's amazing that "devotees" stand by this in some sentimental haze of denial that this is far from human—let alone holy or pious. It's so easy to spout words of "wisdom" and feel good about everything that you say and do when you have a bunch of mindless fools bowing to you all day and singing your praises, massaging your feet, offering you free food and garlands. You loose sight of basic common decency. You don't feel the least bad for slaving people for your ends (building expensive temples and buying pricy properties) and justifying a host of evil behavior. It's the top most arrogance. To not look at yourself and those that follow you and state in regret and humility that you are not qualified and have led them down the wrong path. Geez, even crooked politicians have more transparency than that.

Cognitive dissonance in authenticating a guru
Date: January 15, 2016 08:14PM

A peculiar guy with a long and unusual name or names, sits in a big and funny chair, declares himself the teacher of the whole world or the Universe. Asked by a girl in one of his lectures how does she know if he’s the real deal, his response: Verify with the scriptures and with the Lord in the heart. Really?

The scriptures he was referring to were the Vedas, particularly the Bhagavad Gita. As a religious book, it does hold water, its flowery words blow minds, but it is porous, does not hold up to gravity, the water drips, and when squeezed, it becomes just an airy sponge. Its rites and laws were the most brutal and barbaric, the Old Testament’s pale in comparison. The worst is its cosmology – it contradicts modern science.

Here is one: it speaks of the moon as a star and in some passages, a planet where demigods live. Its distance from Earth is farther than the sun. The writers may have blown the minds of ancient people with its dreamy concepts and otherworldly views of the Universe that can not stand up to the scrutiny of modern viewers with basic scientific knowledge. You can’t be wrong on basic facts if you claim that an all-knowing God divinely leads you. That is a fail.

The Bhagavad Gita, on the other hand, is about a god, Krishna, this guru preaches. Funnily, the Vedas did not even mention him at all or the event he is celebrated. Experts are without reservations believe Bhagavad Gita to be a later (6th century) addition, as a political tool, the ruling class (the Brahmins) invented to salvage its failing dogma from a sweeping movement, Buddhism and to continue its subjugation of the masses. It is so violent that even the militaristic Russia wanted it banned. It is likewise porous and a fail.

About the Lord in the heart – that must be the lamest, kookiest and most arbitrary test anyone with a sound mental faculty could use to authenticate a real guru, unless of course you’re a pothead or a delusional hippie.

If the above measures are acceptable to a seeker, of course, that person is an ideal candidate for brainwashing. Bizarre and otherworldly ideas are like nets – whereas the thinking majority seeps through, delusional and naive victims get caught and trapped.

The equation is almost fool-proofed, more so, the milieu acts like a spider web, wherein the victim, after investing an ample amount of time develops a cognitive dissonance, denies that there’s something wrong despite all the indications and logical arguments go against the dogma.

The human capacity for denial is boundless. The atmosphere of fear (spiritual and social) so fundamentally renders the victim helpless – he/she becomes complicit in an intoxicating make-believe that put people further into bondage. Worse, denial has a cost, and sadly, that falls more on the children, whose only fault is being born into brainwashed parents. True, it may not show outwardly, but to alienate the children systematically from other family members, relatives, friends, community and society that do not agree with the dogma is psychologically cruel, socially unforgivable and morally bankrupt. Subjecting children into a conflicting morals — detachment from physical affection and inconsistencies against mainstream values — is a psychological nightmare and the damage can become irreversible.

Worshipping a religious leader that boasts of spiritual superiority and moral purity but not backed up by example is intellectually challenging to growing children, but natural attachment to parents forces them into the same cognitive dissonance the parents willfully subjected themselves into that they (the children) did not.

Jagad Guru Chris Butler Siddhaswarupananda, just like any snakeskin oil salesman can afford to claim fantastical titles and spew mind-blowing statements no matter how inauthentic, nonsensical and even idiotic they may be that no critical thinker will ever fall for with those craps. He does not care – the dregs are plenty enough.

Back to the web, the cult’s milieu is a sticky trap – the more you roll, the more you get bounded to end up as a lunch to the spider.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2016 08:27PM by dharmabum.

Cognitive dissonance in authenticating a guru
Date: January 15, 2016 08:18PM

A peculiar guy with a long and unusual name or names, sits in a big and funny chair, declares himself the teacher of the whole world or the Universe. Asked by a girl in one of his lectures how does she know if he’s the real deal, his response: Verify with the scriptures and with the Lord in the heart. Really?

The scriptures he was referring to were the Vedas, particularly the Bhagavad Gita. As a religious book, it does hold water, its flowery words blow minds, but it is porous, does not hold up to gravity, the water drips, and when squeezed, it becomes just an airy sponge. Its rites and laws were the most brutal and barbaric, the Old Testament’s pale in comparison. The worst is its cosmology – it contradicts modern science.

Here is one: it speaks of the moon as a star and in some passages, a planet where demigods live. Its distance from Earth is farther than the sun. The writers may have blown the minds of ancient people with its dreamy concepts and otherworldly views of the Universe that can not stand up to the scrutiny of modern viewers with basic scientific knowledge. You can’t be wrong on basic facts if you claim that an all-knowing God divinely leads you. That is a fail.

The Bhagavad Gita, on the other hand, is about a god, Krishna, this guru preaches. Funnily, the Vedas did not even mention him at all or the event he is celebrated. Experts are without reservations believe Bhagavad Gita to be a later (6th century) addition, as a political tool, the ruling class (the Brahmins) invented to salvage its failing dogma from a sweeping movement, Buddhism and to continue its subjugation of the masses. It is so violent that even the militaristic Russia wanted it banned. It is likewise porous and a fail.

About the Lord in the heart – that must be the lamest, kookiest and most arbitrary test anyone with a sound mental faculty could use to authenticate a real guru, unless of course you’re a pothead or a delusional hippie.

If the above measures are acceptable to a seeker, of course, that person is an ideal candidate for brainwashing. Bizarre and otherworldly ideas are like nets – whereas the thinking majority seeps through, delusional and naive victims get caught and trapped.

The equation is almost fool-proofed, more so, the milieu acts like a spider web, wherein the victim, after investing an ample amount of time develops a cognitive dissonance, denies that there’s something wrong despite all the indications and logical arguments go against the dogma.

The human capacity for denial is boundless. The atmosphere of fear (spiritual and social) so fundamentally renders the victim helpless – he/she becomes complicit in an intoxicating make-believe that put people further into bondage. Worse, denial has a cost, and sadly, that falls more on the children, whose only fault is being born into brainwashed parents. True, it may not show outwardly, but to alienate the children systematically from other family members, relatives, friends, community and society that do not agree with the dogma is psychologically cruel, socially unforgivable and morally bankrupt. Subjecting children into a conflicting morals and inconsistencies against mainstream values is a psychological nightmare and the damage can become irreversible.

Worshipping a religious leader that boasts of spiritual superiority and moral purity but not backed up by example is intellectually challenging to growing children, but their natural attachment to parents forces them into the same cognitive dissonance the parents willfully subjected themselves into that they (the children) did not.

Jagad Guru Chris Butler Siddhaswarupananda, just like any snakeskin oil salesman can afford to claim fantastical titles and spew mind-blowing statements no matter how inauthentic, nonsensical and even idiotic they may be that no critical thinker will ever fall for with those craps. He does not care – the dregs are plenty enough.

Back to the web, the cult’s milieu is a sticky trap – the more you roll, the more you get bounded to end up as a lunch to the spider.

Posted by: dabcult ()
Date: January 15, 2016 11:47PM

Asking God in your heart ....is a very old religious trick

The Mormons use this tool with much success ...
They say if you want to know if the Mormon church is the TRUTH CHURCH
ask God in your heart ....I have heard the Jehovah witness say the same thing..
And once an IMAM told me that I should ask God in my heart if Mohamed was the real prophet ...

This is a very suggestive question ...where you get a NO or a YES

Naturally if you have been program for months ...by BUTLER ..or the MORMONS
or the Jehovah witness ...
Your chance that the subconscious mind will give you a yes ...IS just about 99%

As far as Butler saying that the prospect should check with scriptures
thats a very very funny one ...They should just inquire if its truth that Butler
sold the temple of his guru in Honolulu and split with the money ?
The reality is that for aman that pretend to teach ..LOVE OF GOD
He is an heartless asshole ...using such tricks ...hypnosis and mind control ...to cheat just about about anyone he can for his own sense gratifications.
MONEY ..FAME ..AND GLORY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.