Current Page: 5 of 25
Miracle of Love
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: October 11, 2004 09:54PM

SLS :

Your posting about Kalindi/ Carol preying on those from possibly-enmeshed familial backgrounds is interesting.

Naturally, the greater focus would be on the wealthy, if nothing else to support K's lavish wardrobe! :wink:
(sorry I couldn't resist the dig)

THE MAJOR developmental task of early adulthood is individuation! Those who bond with another individual or group prior to individuating are prevented from becoming autonomous and healthy adults.
That explains MOL's push to develop The Second Generation (today's young adults)

Deikman in "Them and Us" wrote about (my paraphrasing) the lure to remain in childlike innocence. The cult leader becomes a surrogate parent, and the followers do not make independent judgements - at least in the psychological / emotional realm of their lives. There is a need to consult w/ the guru/Master or his her designated authority (cult therapist, etc) for any major life decisions. Thus the guru/ cult makes one's major life decisions, just as a parent would for a child. The follower does not develop the ability to face emotional pain and make one's own inner reconiliations.

Unfortunately, in reality, once one leaves childhood - regardless of whether we had a happy childhood or not - we cannot return/ continue that state of emotional dependency and be healthy adults.

ouch!

The following related information was sent to me by another cult expert. It is more about male leader sexual exploitation of women, particularly wealthy women. Again, to my exposure, the sexcapades with MOL are optional, rather than mandatory. I suppose an argugment could be made for coercive persuasion causing the line to blur for voluntary participation.

It does appear to be pertinent to MOL also. I thought it worthwhile to share :

[www.religionnewsblog.com]

'Mothers may be keeping silent because they are afraid of Wesson's power, she said.

"Who knows what sort of fears he may have instilled in them over the years," she said.

*Women who fall into the clutch of charismatic male leaders are often from upper-class, educated backgrounds -- counter to common
assumptions, she said.*

*"In a lot of these situations, women are following social messages that they are supposed to fall in love with a man who will be their
guide and master. But what keeps them in the cult is usually the peer pressure of the other women," *she said.

Many cult watchers are drawing similarities between the Fresno case and the Marin group known as "The Family," where in 2001 a
toddler died of starvation under the care of a patriarch and five women. Winifred Wright fathered 13 children with the women, one of
whom was a Xerox Corp. heir.

"The tendency is to write these women off, but very rarely are they insane," Lalich said.'

Kalindi may have found a way to manipulate emotionally fragile affluent women and girls in exactly the same way as these male
'patriarchs'--in this case, she's surrogate for a deceased patriarch.

There is an entire issue of Cultic Studies Journal dealing with women who are involved in these high-demand groups--Ive not yet been
able to track down a copy. It may be worth special ordering.

[www.csj.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Miracle of Love
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 12, 2004 12:04AM

The family enmeshment Toni describes appears to show up with some frequency among among New Age clients who were seen by two psychotherapists, Steve K. Dubrow-Eichel and Linda Dubrow-Eichel, who published some observations in an article entitled 'Trouble in Paradise: Some Observations on Psychotherapy with New Agers' published in [i:d1cecf5743]Cultic Studies Journal[/i:d1cecf5743], Volume 5, No. 2, 1988, page 177-191.

[i:d1cecf5743]'It is our impression that a disproportionate number of adult children (the Dubrow-Eichels are referring to their New Age clients) will only agree to psychotherapy if it is paid for by their parents, and will resist looking at the dependancy and entitlement issues this demand implies. *In fact, many of these clients also manipulated their parents into subsidizing theri New Age activities and in some cases, even successfully recruited them into attending certain activities.'

'Some (New Ager) clients naively believe in the idealism professed by the leader(s) of their movement, disassociating their leaders' verbal messages from the group's fund-raising and recruiting activities. They may then expect the therapist to provide services for reduced or even no fee, often out of their sense of what constitutes "dedication" to the "anti-cult" movement. Some New Agers are ultimately grateful for their family's efforts in the exit counseling process, yet even then tend not to offer to compensate (even partially) their families for the often substantial financial costs of exit counseling.' (See Note One--Bottom of Page-Corboy)

Dubrow-Eichel, page 181

'New Agers generally place unusually great value on subjective experience.

'Among our less serious cases, we often find an inordinate comfort with the abiltiy to maintain two contradictory thoughts in awareness without one displacing the other, something that is generally considered characteristic of childhood cognition and hypnotic states.'

'As a hypnotized subject can be aware that an onion is really an onion, even though it tastes like a pear, the New Ager can acknowledge that thoughts cannot be transsmuted to matter yet still believe that a Buddhist chant or psychic with strong PK (psychokinetic) powers can materialize objects out of thin air.'

**The authors then make some remarks about financial issues in therapy with New Agers which seems to fit in with the family enmeshment issues described in earlier posts:

'These difficulties (in accepting boundaries between clients and therapists) may manifest in regard to payment of psychotherapy fees. Ironically, we have observed a resistance to standard psychotherapy fees in persons who were subtly coerced into spending large sums of money for New Age seminars, under conditions of strong peer pressure, manipulation of guilt, or intense confrontation of one's 'hang ups' and 'issues' with money or commitment. [/i:d1cecf5743]During an intake session for example, one client complained that her therapist was asking many of the same questions asked during her initiation into a New Age psychotherapy cult, only that thime (she)was not charged.' The client was denying the outrageous money obligations that followed her initiation into the cult.'

Deikman in "Them and Us" wrote about (my paraphrasing) the lure to remain in childlike innocence. The cult leader becomes a surrogate parent, and the followers do not make independent judgements - at least in the psychological / emotional realm of their lives.

This may account for how persons can leave a cultic group, be highly critical of a guru they recognize as abusive or fraudulent, not question the role of guru in their lives, or their own desire to remain as children in relation to a guru-figure. They'll reject a particular guru, perhaps a whole series of gurus, but until they can step aside and investigate their desire to remain as children in relation to a charismatic parent, and their craving for magic, they will remain trapped in the guru-cycle.

Person in this predicament may hop from guru to guru, seeking a setting where they can remain as little children, preserving a comfort zone and call this 'spirituality.' They'll tend to gravitate toward relationships, groups, hide out in entire social networks which share this mind set.

Sometimes adult children may select a guru who is viciously abusive, and while remaining children in relation to this guru, feel that they're actually being 'challenged' because this guru dumps on them instead of coddling them. Yet he or she will still run thier lives in a quasi parental manner. The atmosphere in such a group may seem more mature, more adult, not childish like certain bhakti yoga/bliss groups. But in this case, the adult children are living as abused children rather than blissful children.

Because critical thinking is incompatible with the child's naivete which seems to be cherished in many New Age venues, any suggestion that seekers protect themselves by fact checking a leader or group is often resented, just the way children so often groan when given parental reminders to take a jacket or sweater in case the day turns cold.

A friend and I have both tried to warn the community about various 'New Age' groups with well-documented histories of abuse.

On Craigslist.org people routinely warn each other about unethical moving van firms, credit card rip-offs, etc. and this information seems to be greatly appreciated. No one offering this information ever elicited accusations of cynicism or negativity.

But the minute we advised people to fact check spiritual/New Age/yoga ventures, a different standard applied--unlike the persons who warned about moving van firms, my friend and I were accused of cynicism, closemindedness, negativity, etc. etc.

Evidently there was something about fact checking which seemed, to many seekers, to 'spoil the mood'.

Wilful naivete is not expanded consciousness. It is constricted consciousness masquerading as expanded consciousness.

If someone is an adult but clings to a child's state of naivete, the result of this naivete is NOT expanded awarness, but is actually constricted awareness in the form of denial and willful refusal to take elementary precautions to protect oneself in a world where certain individuals exploit childish states of mind.

Miracle of Love
Date: October 12, 2004 12:52AM

Karla McLaren describes this New Age cultural milleau and reports that she abandoned her own career as a New Age writer and healer after realizing that there was no support for reason or critical thinking, and she came to believe that despite her own good intentions, she'd played a role in harming people. The entire article is well worth reading.

'I [www.csicop.org]

Miracle of Love
Posted by: dogma ()
Date: October 12, 2004 01:19AM

In response to the following quote in the post above:

"Among our less serious cases, we often find an inordinate comfort with the abiltiy to maintain two contradictory thoughts in awareness without one displacing the other, something that is generally considered characteristic of childhood cognition and hypnotic states."

I'm not sure how this is cultish or childish - is it the "inordinate comfort" or the "ability to maintain two contradictory thoughts in awareness without one displacing the other"? The former I could see as harmful, since it uses the word "inordinate", which presupposes that it is bad or abnormal. The latter, however, could be a sign of higher-order cognitive processes, could it not? They use the example of a hypnotized person believing that a pear is also an onion, but what about something more indicative of critical thinking, like "laws (that limit our freedom) are necessary in order for us to live in a free society", or "the bi-party system is good, but it is also bad" or any number of examples where two contradictory thoughts can co-exist without one displacing the other. It seems that this sort of ability to see two conflicting sides of an issue, without displacing one or the other, is more indicitive of critical thinking than the black-and-white thinking that is really more characteristic of childhood cognition, and also more representative of cult [i:f40c15cb57]non-[/i:f40c15cb57]thinking.

In response to the "inordinate comfort" in maintaining a paradox without giving over whole-heartedly to one side or the other, again it seems that a part of the maturational process involves becoming more comfortable with conflicting issues. For example, it seems reasonable (and documented) that children would be more uncomfortable accepting that (Mommy, for example) is both good and bad, and that part of growing up is accepting and integrating both, without one thought displacing the other. According to current psychological theory of human development, this is indeed the case, that the discomfort of accepting both sides of an issue causes too much anxiety, so a child must split and decide, and that later in life we become more comfortable with accepting conflict. So, I guess the question remains as to how much comfort is "inordinate"?

Miracle of Love
Date: October 12, 2004 05:01AM

Dr. Dubrow-Eichel's contact information is here

Steven Dubrow-Eichel, Ph.D.

E-mail: steve@vpsych.com
Web site: www.vpsych.com
Address: 9877 Verree Road
City: Philadelphia
State: PA
Zip: 19115
(215) 698-8900

Having said this, we must to keep this thread strictly to the topic of the MOL group.

If you want to continue a discussion of this topic, the best thing is start a separate thread. If material extraneous to MOL is posted here, I will start a separate thread and transfer the extraneous material there.

Miracle of Love
Date: October 13, 2004 10:25AM

This was sent to me by a former MOLr, for public posting. He requested to remain anonymous:

Thank you, Toni, for your willingness to post this for me. The fear of attack from MOL is still so strong.
The thought reform process in the Miracle of Love is slow and insidious. There is a difference between a person who merely takes the Intensive, vs. one who actually joins MOL. Those who become part of the MOL community were targeted during the Intensive for their ease of suggestibility, their money, and work skills.

Miracle of Love's major method of recruitment is through brainstorming sessions with members gathered while they list everyone they can think of to invite to the Intensive. MOL now also advertised their workshops for "Meditation for the Age" through health food stores, alternative healing centers, etc, but there is very little information about the GMP workshop in their promotional material. Likewise with recruitment to the Intensive, potential recruits are told that "It is the greatest Love you can imagine in that room" "You will have the opportunity to experience your self in a deep way such as you have never imagined." "You will be able to release all the past pain that is holding you back in life." "You will emerge feeling renewed and reborn, ready to face life with new direction." There are not studies to demonstrate the effectiveness of this program.

Those who are analytical about their involvements in a program would be automatically excluded, as they are self selected not to attend the Intensive. From the very beginning, attendees to the Intensive are selected from trusted friends and from their experience in the GMP workshop. The extensive application and interview process requires divulging much personal information, a promise to ‘hold harmless’ anyone from the Miracle of Love. There is no information provided about Informed Consent, outcome expectations, nor potential risks to the participants. One has already surrendered a degree of analytical thinking just to enter on the first day of the Intensive. An inquiring person would demand more information before proceeding

For the Intensive, the emphasis on 'comfortable simple clothing, no make up, no hair-dos, clean shaven, everyone given the identical comfort-bag, roommate assignments, separation of spouses, group transportation to and from the site. This begins the process of stripping one of one's individuality, and just moving into a group momentum. (think of other 'sameness groups : monasteries, convents, hospitals, Maoist China, the military). This sameness, lack of individuality, is a very efficient way to accomplish tasks such as surgery, war, etc. Peer pressure to perform as a group is primarily subconscious.

In the Intensive, the constant purging of one's depths, and listening to everyone else is emotionally depleting. People find themselves curled up in a corner, against the wall just sobbing. This is something one usually does in private, not in sight of others. Slowly the privacy boundaries are eroded. Dancing to dynamite music mixes, with a repetitive percussion line works people up into a sweating frenzy for release, and then slowly the music cools with the leader speaking hypnotically about releasing and relaxing. Sweaty garments may be shed. Strangers - "spiritual volunteers here to provide for your comfort and support for you in this loving setting" - will tenderly wipe the sweat off the brow of attendees, hug them tightly when exhausted, wipe their tears, remove the used Kleenexes. The Intensive leader will scream into people's faces with such things as "You are just a selfish bitch!" "Your ego is out of control!"

All of the aforementioned are the sorts of things that usually would occur only in the most private, intimate of moments for people. Slowly, slowly over time, repeated meditation groups, etc, those who are devoted to being on this path repeatedly are accustomed to such public display of personal intimacies. They become accustomed to responding to Kalindi's dictates to remove their sweaty clothing, allow yourself to abandon yourself to your passions, release your ego, there is only the experience of God here! Touch yourself as you choose here, yes like that, God gave you a body to enjoy and express your Divinity in human form.

The emphasis on surrender of the ego is to surrender one’s individuality. After thorough exhaustion, and beautiful volunteers providing such tender touch to care, one feels that “yes, I can trust this group.”

There are strict domestic guidelines for how to conduct one's home: home organization, closets, drawers, kitchen, what household products to buy, etc. All of this ostensibly to free one's soul for spiritual growth, and not be concerned by day to day decisions. The reality is this all a dupe to shut down the analytical mind on a daily basis, and relinquish decision making to MOL.

While in the Intensive, there is the emphasis on uniformity and lack of make up etc, outside of the Intensive, folks are encouraged to dress well, wear make up, etc in order to attract others to MOL. Also, when inside the Intensive, you are being your true spiritual self, outside 'In the world of pain and suffering, where nothing can be trusted" you must put forth a different image than that which is inside the group. This contributes to splitting the psyche of the individual. This internal splitting is furthered by the assignment of secret MOL-only names. By splitting people to the point of having an 'inner name' used in MOL, and an 'outer name' used at their work etc, a person gradually learns to identity what they consider their TRUE being, spirit, emotions, to be those within the MOL cult - whereas outside of MOL is their false self. The person loses the ability to communicate meaningfully with people outside of MOL.

MOL keeps their followers very busy with so much spiritual work that must be done. Fund raising, telephone calls, volunteering for events, writing letters to people, and more. Over time, the person loses contact with anyone outside of MOL, other than their job (must keep the job, and the dontaions rolling in!) This is especially detrimental to the children of MOL.
My total self defintion was tied up with this group.

The sexual favors, individually and in group, take place as a means of support and expression of caring for one another. Of course those who have the most to offer Kalindi, in terms of money and useful skills for managing the organization receive the most favors. It is a great honor to be invited to be Kalindi's lover. To experience God's love (Lord Gourasana's love) through Kalindi, his wife and his Voice on Earth! She IS skilled! She also has an S & M streak which she used to use with her personal boy-toys. I don't know if she still has a SM streak. I left a few years ago.

Women are sent as spiritual healers to help the affluent male members. Kalindi teaches that individual commitment between a couple is an attachment that can keep someone from enlightenment, can deter one from the path to Home. The conflict that one feels, when 'bored' with monogamy is because the Lord Gourasana is calling the person Home. There are those who marry in groups of four, rather than two. True individual commitment and intimacy would be a threat to the dominance of Kalindi and The Lady.

Couples have been told that they are too attached to one another and they should live apart for while, and try being with others for variety. The attachment is keeping them from coming Home. They couples do this. Sometimes gladly, sometimes not so. The sole purpose is the continual erosion of their personal boundaries and self determination. No one would attend the Intensive if they were told this up front. This only happens after years of commitment to this group. Sometimes the couples return to living together, and are so much more appreciative of each other “Kalindi and The Lady were right, this was such a good break for us! We appreciate each other more than ever now!”. Again, it is deferring responsibility and acknowledgement to the Kalindi, rather than to themselves.

There are MOL houses where groups live communally, those who want to delve onto the fast track to God. There are Men's Houses and Women's Houses. Again, none of this comes out initially, it is all slowly by quiet indoctrination, praising one step at a time, and indoctrination into higher levels of secrets only for the most devoted, most likely to reach God this lifetime (most malleable, trusting, with money and skills to provide for the group's profit). The MOL homes are not in the best of neighborhoods; the Leaders' compounds in Ross and Hawaii are costly to maintain, that is where the funds go.

As I write this, the residents of the San Diego Men's Houses and Lady's Houses have all been told to move. And, naturally, they are doing so, because they are now well trained automatons responding to the whims of MOL. Now they will be moving around and living in communal houses. Whatever is the next step for them, they do not know, and do not ask. By this time, those in the MOL houses are so convinced of Kalindi’s and The Lady’s direct communication with the Divine. And totally convinced that MOL has the best interest of the “MOL Community’ Enlightenment” at heart. Without a doubt, the leaders have their direction carefully orchestrated - just as they carefully orchestrate and change the Intensive regularly. It keeps folks from getting bored. There is always something to look forward to, because “This Path continues to evolve to meet the needs of humankind at all times. This is not a stagnant path, like traditional religions have become.”

Again, once one is so indoctrinated to the idea of The Lady and Kalindi dictating every detail of one's life, this eventually becomes normalized.

The orgies, sexual rituals, etc are all just part of the breakdown of real intimacy, and are merely dictated ritual which many MOLrs have been led to believe is the experience of God. The inner experiences are REAL, however they are simply from contrived disorientation and hypnotic suggestion.

When leaving MOL, it very painful to continue on. I had lost all connection with nonMOL people in my life. I only had my work, and so I delved into that for a few years, to hide from my now-lost self. That made for a balanced life! Kalindi teaches that there will always be people who leave; they are drawn by the Illusion. The Illusion (real world) is ever threatening to tempt one away from the path Home, to God. When I was with MOL, I pitied my friends who left. Then, when leaving myself, I was in such pain and isolation! But I was so relieved to be finally FREE of MOL’s manipulations. When I tried to contact my dear friends still in MOL, and warn them, of course they would not talk with me. Now I was the one enveloped by the Illusion.

Now with some distance, I have begun to look at my memories from MOL. They are so painful. I am offended by myself! After having my real values so overtaken step by step, I engaged in behaviors that are not for polite discourse. This must be part of the method to prevent people from speaking about MOL after leaving. It is a long painful road to forgiving ourselves for misleading others into this group. I must live with the fact that I’d recruited other good people to MOL, who are still under the spell. It took a long time to have meaningful communication with anyone outside of MOL. I attend therapy to help me lose the MOL's coded language.

I learned that I had lived my entire life seeking the approval of others. I lacked real direction for myself, despite my professional stature. Everything in my life was based upon approval from my parents, my boss, and then from MOL. MOL's seductivness included the approving and exalting for making MOL the central focus of my life. It is an addictive high. I realized afterwards that I never developed an inner directional compass. I was lost without MOL. There was no one to ask for approval, right down to my laundry soap and closet organization. I also did know how to say "No." I was clueless about what I should say “Yes” to.

I had completely lost the ability to make independent life decisions, being so accustomed to seek guidance from "G"(Gourasana), or the MOL therapist (who does not maintain confidentiality). By the time of leaving I, and others with whom I’ve talked, are so afraid of the deemed road to "infinite pain and suffering in this world". We had been trained to believe that outsiders are a threat to our spirituality. This world as hell so to speak. I truly continued to doubt if I could experience God again, without MOL. I found that I questioned any reference to 'God'. It is a terrible thing to strip people of their spirituality. Step by step one recovers and life continues. Life outside of MOL is wonderful. There is much LESS pain outside of MOL than inside of MOL. I now have a wife and two small children.

Hopefully the scars will fully heal one day. They will remain always.

Miracle of Love
Date: October 15, 2004 12:36AM

To Whom It May Concern:

I posted about MOL, initially in response to someone else’s heartfelt query for a loved one. As I’ve never been in MOL, I have NO direct experience. I only had an exBF involved, and I’d met a few MOLrs through him a number of years ago. I don’t even remember the names of those I’d met. Since my initial posting, folks have been sending me private messages about this group. I am NOT keeping files on this. And anything emailed to me is deleted as soon as I fwd it on. All of these postings are from folks that I’ve never even met. It does seem odd to me, as an outsider, that folks have such fear of repercussions. Very sad. I have more important things to do in my (FULL & wonderful) life, than to orchestrate an effort against a deemed spiritual/ self help group.

I forward these messages on, simply because it is the right thing to do. There is no skin off my back to merely click my keyboard a few times and pass information along for others’.

This is another message sent privately, requested for anonymous posting, by the same person who wrote about his experience w/ MOL above, in my last posting :

Since posting MOL information above, I fluctuate between great relief to let this out and overwhelming anxious paranoia.. My heart races at work, and I always look to see if I’m being followed as I leave my home. I have such fear of retribution. I watch around me, look to see if I am being followed. This fear is real! It is so INTENSE -- more so than the Intensive! That is why people are afraid to come forward. The threats and intimidation are real. Yet, despite the anxiety, there is also a tremendous relief that comes with sharing this information. What does this have to do with “Love”? It must come out. It is wrong to stay silent when knowing what I know. I am grateful for the supportive audience here, that there are those who care enough to understand the undo influence under which we former MOLrs were under. And grateful for Toni's willingness to post on my behalf.

As I wrote in my prior posting, the gradual stripping of one's sense of intimate privacy causes one to slowly be hypnotically led into activities that, upon awakening, cause great shame and fear of retribution. The stigma is huge. Yet to remain silent is like being eaten from the inside out.

I first did the Intensive many years ago in San Diego. As a foreigner in the USA, I was so happy to have a "community" now of others who accepted and welcomed me, despite the foreign accent. The love and caring among this group was overwhelming! As I was in a new country, and far from all that was familiar to me, I was emotionally isolated. Others in the Intensive also were experiencing turbulent times in their lives, it was such a relief to share and support each other. There was an instant community to share meals with, attend movies, help me with moving, anything! Also as I was a new immigrant to the USA, and experiencing some culture shock, the new group lived by a shared set of rules that were understood by all. This was much simpler than trying to find my own way in American society without help.

My family raised me in a strict Christian and somewhat repressive environment, unusual for Europe. MOL’s version of spirituality initially was so warm and open, allowing acceptance of thoughts that I’d been raised to believe were sinful. I was invited to the Intensive by somewhat who exercised at my health club.

The Intensive was run with much love, tenderness and care by The Lady Gayle. There was never an explanation of her name, other than her spiritual masterhood earned the title.

Kalindi shocked us all as she entered the room, dressed in scanty black leather, high heels and wielding a wip "Face Your Fears!" She yelled "Let them out! Don't hold back any longer!" "Your fears are the Illusion binding you to this world!" "Let them go! NOW!" This was both titillating and frightening. It was effective to break down inner resistances.

Each Intensive had a different theme. I now call it the side show. But overall it's the same idea. Just keeps people addicted and coming back for more by changing the final performance with acting out some type of mythic fantasy. The experience is the same. It always ended with a tender graduation ceremony, and the giving of each person a rose in acknowledgement of finding another deeper layer of themselves. Of course, there were always books and tapes for sale also to keep one on the Path, recruitment for volunteer activities to support the Mission, or to staff other Intensives.

Through the hypnotic trancelike state, we had been planted with the idea that Gourasana, "G", is the current incarnation of God. I had my own inner visions of "G" while on the Intensive. His love and guidance was clearly present to support me, and provide strength that I could draw on at any time. We wrote extensive notebooks at the Intensive. All of which were reviewed by the leaders. I do not know if they photocopied when the leaders reviewed them. These notebooks were the deepest soul searches within myself, expressed on paper. It was like emotionally repeatedly reopening wounds to see if the deep muscles sutures had healed. So we left the Intensive feeling emotionally high from being so drained. In reality, I was just a walking emotional cripple. And I believe that being so full of pain meant that I was feeling my way to God!

After leaving MOL and my service to "G", I was more lost than I had been when I first immigrated to this country! I had so much free time without MOL Mission work! I no longer knew what my personal interests were! For making decisions in life, I was in the habit of going to the MOL therapist, we prayed together for direction from "G". For guidance how to best be in service to "G" regardless of work demands. Of course, the end answer always was to arrange my life for maximum involvement with MOL. Then the therapist and I hugged and cried together, such a relief to have resolution!

The entire focus in MOL is on pleasing MOL. To receive a loving written thank-you note from The Lady or Kalindi, written on beautiful paper, with glittered sequins falling out upon opening the note just warmed my heart. Even pleasing Kalindi's bizarre sexuality was exciting. But there were harsh criticisms as well. One could never assume that full acceptance was achieved, had to continually work to improve every minor detail of myself.

Looking back now. It is painful, and bizarre! I am appalled now at the distance to which I allowed myself to be seduced away from myself. It was a slow process over years. I contributed to program designs, and planning for MOL. At the time I was honored for my connection to the Mission and I held myself high for my valuable contribution to humanity. Now the shame is profound. It is time to break out of the shame, and the fear of doing so. Others must know about this.

My wonderful wife has been gentle and patient as I’ve slowly learned to have true intimacy and share, to lose my fear of rejection if I don’t measure up. Together we have built a wonderful life, with our two small children. It seems less than manly to post this hiding behind Toni. But, if my identity were traceable through posting directly, I fear for my family’s safety.

Miracle of Love
Date: October 16, 2004 08:48AM

There was an Australian group, very affluent, led by a charismatic woman named Ann Hamilton-Byrne. Had an interest in Eastern spirituality and a stunning genius for recruiting professionals and respectable people, whose membership concealed the full extent of what was going on.

The entire, very lenghty article is illuminating and can be read here.

[www.leavingsiddhayoga.net]

Miracle of Love
Posted by: SLS ()
Date: October 17, 2004 09:59AM

Miracle of Love is once again evolving their presentation format. This keeps the members excited and looking forward to the next incarnation of the teachings. The week long Intensive will be ending, the last one I believe will be in the Bay Area in November. There are no Intensives planned yet for 2005. The rumor is that there will next be a 3 day program – to make this path more easily accessible for the masses. Kalindi wants thousands to hear her words. This LOVE is for everyone.

This November Intensive for 2004 is reputed to be a ‘good one’ coming. There are already 80 people signed up for it. I don’t know what is the maximum capacity of the facility.

A man used to co-run the Miracle of Love with Kalindi and The Lady, I believe his name was John or Jim something (it's on the old website). I'm told that he now spends all of his time locked up in his room; he has personal assistants to see to his needs. He talks to himself nonstop “to stay ahead of the Illusion’. It sounds like schizophrenia. I don’t know if he is medicated.

David Swanson (alias Gourasana) died a slow painful, disfiguring death covered with bodily sores. At the time, his doctor was the boyfriend of The Lady Gayle. David Swanson’s doctor said that he had ‘some type of immune system failure’. This was before the common knowledge and diagnosis of HIV and AIDS. That physician is no longer part of MOL.

Carol Seidman / Kalindi used to be a Hare Krishna. When with the ISKCON (Hare Krishnas) she had incredible god-like experiences, showing her high evolution of consciousness, and her special connection to the Divine.

Hare Krishna info: [board.culteducation.com]

Kalindi has spent some time in a psychiatric hospital. I do not know when or where.

From what I understand, Kalindi is currently in seclusion, probably in Hawaii. She is receiving special, very special, energy from God at this time. This ‘special energy’ is available to everyone if they are open. This is a new kind of energy never available before. Kalindi will bring it to each person as each person opens himself or herself to God.

In reality, Carol/ Kalindi is quite ill. Maha is very worried about her mother, and flies to visit often.

Maha, daughter of Carol Seidman (Kalindi) was raised in Germany by someone named Mata. Kalindi had important work to do with the Mission of MOL, and was unable to raise her daughter. Apparently Mata and Maha are still close.

Maha is about 24 yrs old now. She worked as stripper for a while. She is intelligent, charming, and a bit lost – understandably so, as a product of her upbringing. At one time, Maha was very angry with her mother, and was going to leave the group. But everyone got together, and helped her to manage her anger and reconnect with the Mission. To my knowledge, Maha is not being trained to be the successor of her mother.

Many children, besides Maha, consider Gourasana to be their stepfather, spiritually or otherwise.

Kalindi has always been scared to death of getting arrested. That is why there are multi-page nondisclosure and hold-harmless agreements for those who attend or volunteer with MOL. There are several attorneys who have helped with this. Kalindi believes these agreements to be iron clad.

Single mothers with custodial children in MOL, have told their ex-husbands that they will prevent visitation with the children, if the fathers speak out about MOL, or seek therapy for the children to cope with their exposure to orgies, neglect, etc.

The Lady currently lives in one of the San Diego properties.

Some of the MOL Houses are held in the names of private individuals, some are legally owned by MOL. The MOL houses have typically been separated by gender. In October 2004, they are all be reshuffled, at Kalindi's orchestration supposedly. They will now be coed communal living situations. I don't know if this it to encourage more children, therefore further ties to remain w/ MOL.

Many in MOL suspect that MOL is being investigated by the FBI, or others. They are told this is just part of the Illusion that has persecuted any incarnation of God over the ages. There is truth to the story of the crucifixion. If you are persecuted for your devotion to Lord Gourasana, Kalindi, the Lady or MOL, this is just part of the Illusion – the dark forces – trying to tempt you away from your call to Home. Some will be tempted away, that is the way things go. But those who truly want to attain enlightenment, and be free of this cycle of pain and suffering, will continue on the Path, regardless of the obstacles. They will receive the greatest rewards from the Lord “G”.

MOL properties and enterprises are primarily held in the names of various followers. This keeps the leaders ‘clean’. Also it prevents defectors from speaking out, either for their own protection, or concern for their friends who would be implicated in shady dealings.

MOL has not yet announced the following :

Kalindi wants to establish a MOL Medical center, holistic healing and wellness center. There are enough MOL professionals in the medical, yoga, therapy, acupuncture and natural foods industries to do so. This facility, to be in or near San Diego, will provide health care for MOLrs, and continue income generation for MOL. This will also keep certain medical secrets within the group.

There will probably be a line of health and beauty related products.

Additonally, those professionals involved with this facility and it’s various levels, will be prevented from speaking out about MOLs inconsistencies due to their professional liability – inappropriate transference in therapy, breeches of confidentiality, insurance issues, etc.

This facility will also accept non-MOLrs and double as a recruitment for open-minded – seeker types.

A percentage of all income from this venture will be returned directly to MOL as tax deductible donations to the nonprofit enterprise of MOL.

Miracle of Love
Date: October 18, 2004 05:57PM

An Open Letter to the Miracle of Love and their affiliates:

You may cease your harassment of myself, and others, through electronic and other means.

To my knowledge, there is not a coordinated effort to ‘bring MOL down’ so to speak.

It is understood that as long as humanity has pain and loneliness, there will be those who profess to fill such voids by self-serving means.

The rights to freedom of speech, and freedom of thought, are integral to humanity.
The sole purpose of publicly posting, is merely to share information with those who are seeking such. And to provide support for those looking beyond their experience in MOL.

To my knowledge, there is no effort being made to infiltrate MOL by ANY means. Folks have more important things to do, quite frankly, as they move forward in their own healing and productive lives.

You are a strong group, and have powerful connections. No one questions that. It is assumed that MOL will live long and prosper, as have many other groups of this type (just look at the array on these cult-related boards).

Current Page: 5 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.