Current Page: 100 of 139
Re: Christopher Hansard
Posted by: thewayishere ()
Date: May 24, 2008 08:09PM

There may be no response to this. But if anyone is still a patient it would be good to get your views, good or bad. Only then will we have a balanced view of what the situation is like now. Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mariac ()
Date: May 24, 2008 08:18PM

Some posts are not posted by the moderator, thats an odd thing. I would like this posted though as it affects the people who are writing to me. I am not a patient anymore. I was. And what I said still stands. Its important that we have a distinction between his time at Eden, his behaviour last year and his behaviour now. Like the wayishere says, thats the only way we will get a balanced picture. So please mr/mrs/ms moderator post this as its important to make those distinctions. Thank you again. With Peace and Light.

Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 24, 2008 09:22PM

Speculation as to whether Hansard abused people in the past, or is not engaged in such odious actions presently, with respect, is a redundant debate, he deliberately misrepresented himself as a qualified physician of Tibetan medicine (Bon or othwerwise), mercilessly exploited Tibetan Bon culture, and invented a bogus account of his supposed 'training' and 'lineage'. This has been thoroughly researched and publicly exposed as a complete fraud.

In the process according to a number of reports, some featured in this discussion, he was alleged to have abused both clients and associates for a number of years. In light of such behaviour, self-serving deception and cultural parasitism there is no balance, no redeeming information or juxtaposition between past and present that absolves Hansard of responsibility for his actions. Meanwhile, those who may have suffered, witnessed, or were cognisant of such alleged abuse, maintain a silence of complicity that shields the Master of Durcon from legal action.

Posted by: lorenzetti ()
Date: May 24, 2008 10:43PM

Hansard can continue thanks to the help of a bevy of supporters. Some of these have put their name to a petition recommending him.

Having been around Hansard I am well aware that those who stay with him do so in spite of what they see. They stay because they have a stake – either financial, sexual or in a quest for power.

Interestingly not one of the practitioners from Hansard’s Eden Medical Centre has signed his petition and, like his former colleagues and apprentices, they have scurried away hoping the problem will disappear.
(Quote - Dorje).

In response to Dorje and also to Jeff Bowe's observations regarding those working with Chris at the Eden Clinic - initially I thought it probable that those associated with Chris were unaware of the fact that he is a fraud. I no longer believe this. If this were the case, then surely, former associates who have posted on this forum with information regarding his behaviour, would have made an attempt to expose Chris, and his activities at the 'clinic', in order to stop him repeating this behaviour in the future. It has, after all, been over 18 months since Pema first started this forum.
To reiterate on what I have written in previous postings: I attended Selwyn College in Kohimarama with Chris for a year in the mid 1970's. I knew him very well. Elizabeth posted what she knew about his background. This information is more or less correct. There are, however, reasons why he is as he is.
There was no "Urgyen Nam Chuk" and no medical training in any form of Tibetan medicine or otherwise. At the age of 17, it was obvious to me that he was a liar and someone not to trust or get too near to. I felt this was unfortunate, because he is an intelligent and interesting person. If he wasn't so destructive and was unable to convince so many people of his lies, one could feel pity for him.
For anyone who is still fooled by Chris, and I say this because people are still adding their signatures to the 'please help defend Christopher Hansard' petition and it appears he may still have 'patients', protect yourself from him. I don't say this lightly and I don't say it in any New Age BS way. He is destructive and emotionally dangerous. If you don't have the insight to see this for yourself, then go by the evidence on this forum. The pathological liar and fantasist I knew as a teenager and young adult appears to have turned into a self-serving creep and pervert.

Date: May 25, 2008 06:32AM

This is serious abuse, and there are people who will take this seriously, but only if people speak out. No one,not even a "shaman" can be immune from Justice.

[www.independent.co.uk]

[www.geocities.com]

Date: May 25, 2008 06:39AM

New age-r The Barefoot Doctor- remember him? Well he seems to have the patter down too. It was the fame.It was the women.It was a mistake. Ring any bells? This needs to be exposed.This needs to stop. It doesnt matter how well known someone is, how many rich clients they have, how many cups of tea they make you, how many free consultations they offer you. If someone makes you feel uncomfortable, if someone does something to you that makes you feel dirty or ashamed or scared,that is abuse, pure and simple. That is a crime and that should be punished and stopped from happening again.
One of the very first victims of The West's never pursued the case against them.They went on to torture and kill scores. She always regretted that decision. CH is not as sick as them, but he will carry on unless he is stopped.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2008 06:41AM by thewayishere.

Tibetanway
Posted by: Real-name-gone ()
Date: May 25, 2008 06:12PM

Having followed the links provided by JB and read the responses I would like to ask a few questions. If it is the case that Tibetanway have nothing to do with CH, are you going to remove the accusations? The site administrator has been totally up front with your postings. The chat site is plainly buddhist in concept ok its small and fairly new, CH always stated he was not a buddhist and held them in some contempt.

As for the products seems to be standard herbal stuff.

I have always found JB's tactics a bit unusual but I understand his defence of Tibetan culture. A long time ago I felt and stated on this site that as CH had called himself a 'physician' he should be judged as such and should be subjected to the same malpractice laws as any other physician registered in the uk.

I suspect that this is a time that JB should withdraw his horns as accusing an individual of being CH or associating them with CH could lead to litigation. This in turn could be used as an oblique justification by CH and would water the case down against him.

Pick your enemies well JB as we all want CH gone! He is still in Victoria doing what he has always done.

James

Date: May 25, 2008 10:44PM

James I agree, the issue of whether CH is of the Tibetan lineage is neither here nor there. Some things are beyond a logical explanation and anyway saying you are a physician of Bon medicine is not an offence. Abusing vulnerable patients, coercing suicidal women into sex is an abuse, at least its a crime, and THAT is what we should be focusing our attentions on. Whether CH should ally himself with the people of Tibet is really not something that is ruining scores of people's lives. CH's abuse IS.

Posted by: Chris_Farmer ()
Date: May 25, 2008 11:01PM

Dear thewayishere

You state:

"Tibetan "medicine" is being sold by the man called CH people here are talking about- its on www.tibetanway.co.uk and there is a forum too."

I am afraid you are incorrect. CH has no involvement with Tibetan Way and he is certainly not selling anything via that website.

I would however suggest that CH and / or his supporters are monitoring this Forum as only yesterday - presumably as a result of the postings here - we received the following email:

"Hello

I have noticed that on your site, you have copied and taken product

descriptions of products that you neither own or made or hold the

copywright to either formulations, name descriptions of either brands,

product names or product descriptions. You have done this illegally and no

legal claim in any form to those descriptions, and you are informed that

you are been investigated and all any associations of which you are

associated with will be informed of your activities. please note that the

writer and others know the exact history of these products, which you do

not and if you continue selling these products you will find action taken

against you,

thank you for your time.

One of the product developers"

This came from the email address info@bonmedicine.com and viewing bonmedicine.com it is a website that was either created by CH or by his supporters.

As you have stated; there is a forum on the Tibetan Way site so you could have checked your information via email before posting your untrue statement regarding CH's involvement with Tibetan Way.

As there is a far longer posting about Tibetan Way later in this forum you will find a more detailed rebuttal of your comments in my reply to that posting.

Chris Farmer

Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: May 25, 2008 11:05PM

Hello again James. I think you’ll find that Christopher Hansard holds everything in contempt if it does not centre on him and his personal gain.

I don’t think that the products on the ‘tibetanway’ website can be termed ‘standard herbal stuff’. As mentioned previously, the ‘tibetanway’ range is exactly the same as the range Hansard was selling. You can confirm that here:

[web.archive.org]

In my experience, Tibetan medicine is prescribed as part of a course of treatment based on diagnosis. It is medicine not ‘lifestyle’. The questions Jeff Bowe asks concerning the formulation and production of this range are entirely appropriate.

Having said that I would like to make a suggestion. Recently I have been touched by the simple sincerity of contributors like mariac, Elizabeth Newton and lorenzetti. In the past these sincere voices, especially those of ex-patients have been submerged on this forum by technical arguments.

Hansard’s fraud has been clearly established by Jeff Bowe here:

[christopherhansard.blogspot.com]

There is plenty of opportunity for argument with Jeff through the ‘comments’ facilities on his blog.

I would ask if we could all make an effort to give space to the quieter voices and let the weight of those voices hang like an albatross around Hansard's neck.

Current Page: 100 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.