Re: Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: May 23, 2008 10:40PM

Mariac,
Also, the whole shirt thing. Don't feel bad. No joke. It happened to me too. Some chiropracter. Years after I left the cult I was raised in. Most of it's members were educated, social workers, teachers, and this new age chiropracter. I was lured into a ''free'' exam. The whole shirt thing. Wow. Exactly what this guy did but also...he asked me to close my eyes.
Hey we have to keep these boards clean and I apologize for being so blunt but I think in hind sight we can all imagine what my chiropracter friend was doing while my eyes were closed and...oh yeh...he also blushed. Just like this CH guy. Wicked pervert.
Sorry for rambling....
Take care....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2008 10:55PM by Sallie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mariac ()
Date: May 23, 2008 10:49PM

you're not rambling...thank you and you were not being blunt- just honest.....mine was for a treatment and the treatment did work...it was just when the treatment was over and I was asked to sit on the table- still with said top off....feeling rather out of sorts- he was smiling and doing nothing that a medical practitioner would- ie being professional.......and i thought you are just getting your rocks off arent you?? and thats what led me to google him and led me to here and all these stories- so actually his weakness empowered me

You sound like you've moved on in a healthy way anyway......I hope so....and we need straight talkers on here I think- In life really......Thank you for saying what you did and be well....M

Posted by: thewayishere ()
Date: May 23, 2008 10:52PM

Tibetan "medicine" is being sold by the man called CH people here are talking about- its on www.tibetanway.co.uk and there is a forum too. No names of WHO is making this medicine or WHERE they are based, just a paypal button. Nice. It seems very like the man himself in another re-invention

Date: May 24, 2008 12:28AM

jiminy
To add some context to this threaded discussion, CH has shown tremendous integrity in his relationship with me as a patient. For the most part, he used acupuncture to help me overcome mental imbalance. In doing so, he helped me avoid taking anti-depressants, supported positive dietary changes, and encouraged me to see the good in others, be practical in my personal affairs and avoid cynicism. Over years of treatments, which included herbal teas, massage, acupuncture, chants and meditations, I have become a more mentally balanced person, less angry and more positive, better able to accept happiness. For over a decade, I traveled to his Eden clinic from Canada and was treated by him with great compassion, his fees waived without my asking. I am convinced he saved my life, my mental imbalance being quite severe at times. Furthermore, I have made kindhearted and generous friends and feel indebted in the best possible way to the remarkable (to me) life transformations CH and his staff contributed towards.

Are you male or female and it seems the women that he most seems to cross the line with

Date: May 24, 2008 12:32AM

nathalie
I cannot believe what I have just read.
Pema: who are you and what are your credentials. You seem so intent on getting information about CH but so unwilling to give anything about yourself. You say you are a journalist. Are we to believe you just because you said so?
And you Lorenzetti, again no indication of where you come from.

I could have as easily written down that I was a friend of CH when he was a child.
You all seem so intent on finding the truth about CH but no one is actually looking at who is asking the questions and why?

I know CH personally and would never doubt his integrity. He is a caring, loving, compassionate person who challenges people to look at themselves. I think you should spend more time looking at yourself and your motivations before accusing him of being a sharlatan.
Best wishes

Nathalie
Can I ask Nathalie, credentials of people who post here aside- objectively do you think a healer/therapist/physician who gropes his patients, has sex with his staff and patients or makes lewd comments is acceptable? That is the issue here. That there are plenty of stories of his compassion and healing, what of the women who have been abused in some way. Are you saying that none of them are to be believed?

Date: May 24, 2008 12:41AM

meteorite
There seems to be a storm of thoughts and ideas currently swirling on this website. It is very difficult to know what is true, and what overall percentage of people are complaining. Although it is stated that people should make true and accurate posts, there is really no way of knowing how to validate those any more than believing what you read in a newspaper to be the truth.

I think the people who are unsure of the accusations they are making, and who they are judging, should remember that words are like swords. Are you comfortable wielding that sword? Are you absolutely sure of what you are saying? Are you absolutely sure that you have never hurt people in your life, and that you are free from blame? Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.

I know that I for one am certainly not perfect, and perhaps all human beings in this world are not without their imperfections. Perhaps that is the chaos that generates life.

I believe life has a way of sending us the healing we need. In whatever imperfect, jagged form, it perfectly heals our wounds. Sweet poetry. How could we know, that the very thing that is our downfall, is the direct cause of another's healing? How could we know, that our imperfections, are life's perfect teachers. This is the mystery.

There is something bigger than ourselves at work here. We are small.

Think of your greatest lesson in life. Was it not learned through some kind of mistake?

The reality is, there is no us and them. In a way there is no me and you. Whatever healer, teacher, guru, scapegoat, baddie, conundrum - it is LIFE speaking to you. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all experience the world through different eyes. How different - perhaps we shall never know. I only know my own experience, and the experience of others that I feel and encounter directly.

In my experience, Christopher has been an angel in my life. If you want to know what I mean, go and rent the classic movie, Its a Wonderful Life. Look at the Angel in it. Notice also, how the angel is misunderstood and derided, even by the man whose life he was saving. So strangely viewed are those who are true to their own self, in the face of the everyday world.

I am just relating my experience. When someone saves your life, it is only natural to be thankful and full of wonder. And I know, that the manner in which my life was saved, could only have been done by a physician of immense and subtle skill. What strange coincidence, what magical occurence. I give thanks.

If a healer is capable of this, then in my heart, the place of all truth, I know he is coming from the right place. If such is the power of his intention to do good, can one knowingly cause harm? From this place all medicine flows.

I do believe I have received true medicine, soul medicine, the spiritual diagnosis that reaches to the root cause of suffering. This is rare. Rooting out the very depths of suffering is not pleasant. It is not comfortable! We all might think that we are prepared to do whatever it takes, let go of whatever is needed, on our path to healing. But when that one issue comes...... that one thing that we cannot cope with, cannot handle...... that one thing that has the power to hurt us like nothing else. This is when most of us give in. It is all too easy to stop at that point and scream all kinds of things, to give away our power.

I decided to stop being a victim. I will not give away my power to anyone. Whatever arises in my life, I accept, I take responsiblity for. (As an aside, I believe this is the Dzogchen view.)

There are healers in life, and there are teachers. We are all involved in the dynamic and subtle play. In my heart of hearts, I know Christopher to be a true healer and a great teacher. One of wild and sponaneous character, unexpected freedom and surprising gesture, but a heart of compassion, wisdom and truth. As they say, it's not what you do, its the way that you do it.

Perhaps if we were able to live more in our hearts, we would be able to perceive those who were also living from their hearts, and we would understand the spirit in which thoughts, words and actions were carried out. In this everchanging world, in such a state of flux and constant exchange, the only dynamic that is constant is our heartspace of truth. In this place there can be no lies, and no illusions when we look at others. I have seen enough illness and falsity, and enough clouding of energies by impurity, to know purity when I see it. I have felt enough negative energy, to know pure energy when I feel it. I also know how easy it is to get caught up in a whirlwind, and stirred up because someone is stirring your pot. This is giving up control. It is very easy to be affected by the weather - how easy is it to feel down when it is rainy?

All I would say is, to pass comment on someone's training, aptitude and skill, you probably need to have the same level of training yourself. Jumping on the bandwagon does not take much skill.

To those who are unhappy with their experiences, I wish you all the best and I wish you healing. I really do. I just wanted to relay my experience, in a forum where it is impossible to know the overall balance of truth.

Love to all, and I hope that peace will come to your hearts.

No one is without imperfections- even great healers is very true. Does that mean you think that having sex with patients is a way of getting them to face their fears? Are you saying that when CH gropes a woman that he is being totally selfless and compassionate in that moment. According to this forum he has had to be that selfless to a lot of women a lot of the time for nearly 15 years. That is one hell of a sacrifice. How do you think he manages it? Perhaps the people who found this forum would not have done unless something CH did got them thinking. By the way what are you doing here? This is a forum for cults and according to you CH was an angel. Please explain. It would be good to hear more from you and your take as a refreshing view. With Peace

Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: May 24, 2008 08:51AM

Well spotted thewayishere.

www.tibetanway.co.uk is registered to Chris Farmer, trading as NgaRo. The word ngaro seems to be both Tibetan and Maori. Chris Farmer lives in Greenwich in London.

The design is not the usual ‘classy’ Hansard but it is quite cleverly set up for search engine efficiency and to sell products on the back of Tibetan culture.

Back in 2006 when www.christopherhansard.com was launched to flog the Hansard ‘lifestyle’ range of products there were eight ‘health programs’ on offer:

Renewal and Rejuvenation Health Programme
A Woman's Wisdom Health Programme
Body Balance Health Programme
Emotional Rescue Health Programme
Essence Health Programme
Energy Health Programme
Skeletal Support Health Programme
Digestion Health Programme.

Chris Farmer’s www.tibetanway.co.uk offers eight ‘health programs:

Renewal and Rejuvenation
A Woman’s Wisdom
Body Balance
Emotional Rescue
Essence
Energy
Skeletal Support
Digestion.

Well fancy that!

There is also a ‘User Community’ where we find a handful of members including ‘Gondolf’ who must be looking for a new forum for his ramblings.

Christopher Hansard is a man with no shame and no conscience. As expected he has simply reinvented himself. He continues to practice ‘medicine’ albeit free from the prying eyes of ‘apprentices’. As we can see from mariac’s contribution his practice is as disgusting and harmful as it ever was.

I would suspect that he has a financial interest in www.tibetanway.co.uk.

Hansard can continue thanks to the help of a bevy of supporters. Some of these have put their name to a petition recommending him.

Having been around Hansard I am well aware that those who stay with him do so in spite of what they see. They stay because they have a stake – either financial, sexual or in a quest for power.

Interestingly not one of the practitioners from Hansard’s Eden Medical Centre has signed his petition and, like his former colleagues and apprentices, they have scurried away hoping the problem will disappear.

The problem has not disappeared. Do you think mariac is just a one-off anymore that any of the other clients who came to this forum looking for some way to share and resolve their trauma?

I would ask those who contributed here before to realise that it was not enough. Your silence and inactivity is still collusion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2008 08:53AM by Dorje.

Posted by: pema ()
Date: May 24, 2008 04:06PM

In response to Dorje --
I started this thread in the hope of dealing with Christopher Hansard effectively -- so that he could no longer practice in any way which exposed unsuspecting people to his wickedness. My appeal was via the only skill I have -- journalism. I requested people who posted about their experiences here to speak to me or other journalists. I repeated time after time that exposure in the media is effective in this context. Several women contacted me privately. I explained clearly and without spin what would be involved in collaboration with the media. I promised anonymity. Not one of the women I was in touch with had the courage of their alleged convictions. They all bottled out -- for one reason or another. Some reasons were valid, some came from la-la land. I spent some time discussing the CH issue with the Health Editor of the London Standard. She dropped the story when it became obvious no women would speak to her. Her point was that no mainstream media would touch the story on the basis of internet exposes because they could come from anyone and be entirely fictitious. That is common sense. So -- many of us have tried, none of us have been nwholly effective. What next?

Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 24, 2008 07:34PM

Posted by: mariac ()
Date: May 24, 2008 07:58PM

I wanted to clear up I have not been a patient in a while, I just felt like I was as I never got to resolve anything. Finding this forum has helped a lot. I am shocked and saddened by the things I am hearing.And I still urge ex patients to come forward. Give yourself time like I did, but come forward. Thank you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.