Current Page: 137 of 139
Re: Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Haigha Haigha ()
Date: November 17, 2014 08:48PM

'Sharman', to answer your question... in many countries anyone can call themselves a therapist (no need for qualifications of any kind).

Jangter isn't an institution in the conventional western meaning of the word. The term 'Jangter' (or 'Northern Treasure') refers to some supposed ancient texts that it is alleged were rediscovered in the 1300s. The texts are supposed to cover topics such as prayers, tantric sadhanas, rituals, instructions for high dzogchen meditation. The texts probably don't even exist, but there are people who want to believe they do (just like there are people who want to believe that Elvis Presley faked his own death).

CH appears to have done a few quick courses and in 2011 the poster Tweeledee listed some 'qualifications' on this thread that they reported CH was claiming to have:

Certificate - Introduction To Aceptance And Commitment Therapy(act)training, Mindfulness Training Limited, London: 2009-2009

Advanced Certificate - Acceptance And Commitment Therapy Intermediate Skills Training, Mindfulness Training Limited, London: 2009-2009

Certificate - Metapsychology Schema Coaching Workshop, Mindfulness Training Limited, London: 2008-2008

Certificate - Traumatic Incident Reduction-expanded Applications, Mindfulness Training Limited, London: 2008-2008

Certificate - Introduction To Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Mindfulness Training Limited, London: 2008-2008

Certificate - Introduction To Traumatic Incident Reduction Training, Mindfulness Training Limited, London: 2008-2008

CH did used to call himself a 'doctor' - funny that he doesn't seem to do this anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2014 08:57PM by Haigha Haigha.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 17, 2014 09:37PM

Before he started claiming to be a 'Master Physician of Tibetan Bon Medicine' CH tried his hand as an actor.

Now the website 'NZ on Screen' has put a clip of the film 'Among the Cinders' online we can all see CH the actor at work. The link below will take you to the movie - CH appears after about 4 minutes 40 seconds.

[www.nzonscreen.com]

Enjoy ;-)

Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: November 17, 2014 10:31PM

Thanks for that clip Haigha Haigha. What a shame he wasn't a better actor.

Posted by: shaman ()
Date: November 18, 2014 01:29AM

His LinkedIn profile is closed!
Sorry, this profile couldn't be displayed.
This may be due to a change in the status of the profile, or some other issue.

so, somebody or hides the "great" experience and knowledge or ashamed.

Date: November 18, 2014 03:14AM

Unfortunately, CH's Linkedin page is back.

Anyone else noticed that our crooked friend is having problems keeping his story straight?

In his Linkedin profile he is claiming to have been taught Jangter since 1964 - he has previously claimed his tuition began in 1959.

Date: November 18, 2014 03:20PM

This man is entangled in lies about his biography and all kinds of education and mentors. It's hard to believe that so many years had been the scene thanks to his three fictional books. How can there be so naive people believe him? I have no words!I am outraged!

Date: November 18, 2014 06:37PM

Haigha Haigha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately, CH's Linkedin page is back.
>
-------------------------------------------------------

yep, it's back to me too and probably I had a Net disconnection.

Date: November 19, 2014 03:08AM

Does anybody know what is that mean FRSTMH,FRSA,FRI, MAHPP ?
This should have a decryption. Can anyone help?

Date: November 19, 2014 05:42AM

Shaman, perhaps I can help...

FRSTMH = Fellow of Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
No qualifications or experience required - you just need to pay the Royal Society some money (electronic Fellowship is £65 per year)

FRSA = Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
No qualifications or experience required - you just need to pay the Royal Society some money (annual subscription of £165 and there is also a one-off £75 registration fee when you first join).

FRI = Fellow of the Royal Institution
No qualifications or experience required - you just need to make a personal statement and pay the Royal Institution some money (£295 annual membership fee).

MAHPP = Member of Association of Humanistic Psychology Practitioners
Qualifying for membership is a little more complex than for the organisations shown above (but not much). Please see - [www.ahpp.org]

Date: November 19, 2014 08:09AM

Shaman, further to my earlier message I have now had an opportunity to check CH's membership of the organisation the MAHPP relates to.

According to the 'UK Association of Humanistic Psychology Practitioners' (UKAHPP) website CH is not a 'Full Member', he is an 'Associate Member'.

The UKAHPP website says...

"The entry point for all practitioners is to join as an Associate member, for which there is a quick and straightforward application process - no forms & no application fee"

So getting MAHPP accreditation doesn't even cost CH a registration fee!

I checked to see if someone I know who is a legitimate 'Clinical Psychologist' and works in expensive private as well as government funded hospitals in the UK is registered with the MAHPP. The legitimate 'Clinical Psychologist' isn't registered with the MAHPP, she is registered with the 'British Psychological Society' (BPS) - www.bps.org.uk.

'MAHPP' accreditation doesn't seem to be worth much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2014 08:28AM by Haigha Haigha.

Current Page: 137 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.