Current Page: 8 of 110
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: August 09, 2006 11:33AM

I am not sure what personal problems you think my wife has, but I know her better than anybody and I think she has her act pretty well together. Ole, on the other hand, has issues. I also know Ole pretty well, since I was once his roommate. As to him living on $55 a week, you might find this sidebar to the featured article in the [i:c8f5603ce4]Observer[/i:c8f5603ce4] interesting:

[www.dallasobserver.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 11, 2006 04:45AM

The Diagnostic & Statistics Manual, Rev IV Defines Narcissistic Personality Disorder by the following criteria:

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements);

2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love;

3. Believes he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions);

4. Requires excessive admiration;

5. Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations;

6. Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends;

7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others;

8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her;

9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

Posted by: NathanA ()
Date: August 11, 2006 03:20PM

I don't fully buy the Observer article. For one, the author makes some statements that really are not substantiated. For example the 14 year girl with MS that Ole talks about. The author says the story is bogus because the girl's suicide garnered no media attention. The truth is there are no facts that prove the story is a lie. The author depends on the stories of ex-members too much as well, but without facts that back the stories up.(ie.the one about Ole's promiscuity) The author almost seems to credit Robert Tilton's opposition to Trinity. That really pisses me off, because Robert Tilton should seem a very obvious fake and deciever to anyone with even the slightest inkling of discernment. I do not see justice in that.

If one Observer article shakes you up that much Zeusor, then have you read all the other articles written on Trinity? Have you at the very least confronted Ole about it?

I believe the Observer article is a good thing however, because it will make outsiders more critical of Trinity. If they have the truth, then it should stand up to scrutiny. If not, well then let them be exposed as the abusive heretical cult Doug says they are. I would not oppose it.

Date: August 12, 2006 03:50AM

I had read everything I could get my hands on regarding TFI prior to my involvement. The Observer piece and the book were the first negative reports I'd EVER heard of them. I have through my own independant research and persistance found ex-members (besides the Duncans) who testify to being treated like crap within TFI. All kinds of psychological and spiritual abuse. It amazes me that it took SO LONG before this story broke. Most of those involved have moved on with their lives and simply prefer not to talk about thier experience within TFI. The only reason they were willing to talk to me was because I myself had left. The general concensus among the ex-TFI people that I have met is that the book and article are quite understated as to the depth of the abuses people have suffered there, that the information presented is but the tip of the iceberg. As far as Ole: no, I myself have not confronted him on this, but know people who have, and neither he nor the community will discuss it. ("It" being the information in general.) His stance at this time is, "no comment".

Date: August 12, 2006 03:58AM

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot: further, it has gotten back to me since I have left that Ole is now warning the community about associating with me and has proclaimed me to be "an idiot". This comes from very reliable source, someone close to Ole within the community. Thanks a lot, man of God.

Date: August 12, 2006 05:17AM

And so, we come full circle. At the very beginning of this discussion thread I started off by saying that I was blown away by the following snippet of the interview of Rick Ross in [i:7ede1e8e8d]The Door[/i:7ede1e8e8d]

Ross: Certainly people that become involved in tight-knit groups find themselves in the midst of a community where they have a sense of belonging, a sense of acceptance. In destructive cults, the friendships they experience and the acceptance is highly conditional. There is no legitimate reason to leave. Those who leave become marked or estranged from the group. People are no longer friendly with them.
DOOR: Ostracized?
ROSS: They're called losers, backsliders, reprobates. They're rebellious against God—however the group terms it. The bottom line is the friendships they feel they've made and the sense of acceptance they feel the group offers is really not unconditional and instead quite the opposite. Most people could leave a church or a club or an organization and still have friends in that group and still communicate and still have a sense of history with that people and a continuing relationship—but that is most often not the case with the groups I deal with.
So even though people have this feeling about community and acceptance that, in and of itself, is often deceptive. It is not quite the way it seems.

Now that [i:7ede1e8e8d]you[/i:7ede1e8e8d] have left, zeuszor, let's see how Trinity responds to you. I wonder if your buddy, Pete, who actually did the interview with Ross, will call you to see how you're doing.

Date: August 12, 2006 05:23AM

Indeed, counselor. Indeed. :cry:

Posted by: NathanA ()
Date: August 12, 2006 08:18AM

It seems wierd to me that you say they won't even talk about it at Trinity. I have been questioning them about these things, and they seem open about it. I phoned Ole and questioned him briefly about the abuse accusations and why people were making those accusations. He did not say "no comment" as you say. Maybe that's just because I'm an outsider though.

Posted by: cultaware ()
Date: August 12, 2006 09:28AM

At least they don't say you are Anathama like they used to before the bad press and the disgruntled ex-members spoke up.
I've lost all respect for the Elders who allow ole his little dominion.
They are as responsible as he. Trust me it is a badge of honor to be shunned there.

Date: August 12, 2006 12:11PM

NathanA
It seems wierd to me that you say they won't even talk about it at Trinity. I have been questioning them about these things, and they seem open about it. I phoned Ole and questioned him briefly about the abuse accusations and why people were making those accusations. He did not say "no comment" as you say. Maybe that's just because I'm an outsider though.

Well, what [i:87e7cacad7]did[/i:87e7cacad7] he say? I'm curious.

Current Page: 8 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.