Current Page: 6 of 110
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: cultaware ()
Date: July 23, 2006 11:07PM

Hello Z.

How come you post after someone else has some point to make and how come you post after writing previously that you weren't posting? Are you interested in knowing the truth about this group or just arguing? If you are seekin the truth listen to counselor47( I think you know I am right).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: July 23, 2006 11:30PM

Brian, I do not understand your request for Wendy to post on this forum--you talked on the phone with her just a couple of days ago. Wendy has said what she needs to say by writing the book.

And, since you have read the book, you have already heard from a number of former members--Wendy interviewed several of them and quotes them quite liberally throughout the book. I suppose most of them have gone on with their lives and have other things to do besides post about Trinity Foundation on forums like this. I am taking the time to do so because I am promoting Wendy's book, but I understand most people have other things to do.

I could just as easily ask you why you are the only one still at Trinity who is posting on this forum. Can't Ole and the elders talk for themselves?

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 24, 2006 03:58AM

You have a point, man.

Posted by: NathanA ()
Date: July 25, 2006 04:01AM

Doug, you say that I don't have integrity because I continue to post and have not read your wife's book. I have not made any effort to get your wife's book at this point because of the reviews I have read on your website about it. The reviews do not lead me to believe the book is truthful about Trinity Foundation. I need something to cause me to believe the book is really an objective look at Ole Anthony and Trinity Foundation and not just a piece of propaganda. As I said before, i disagree with the claims you make about Ole's teaching on your website, and that is enough to warrant me to not buy the book.

The claims you make about Ole himself contradict what I have heard come from his own mouth. Mainly, hearing him say to test everything and not just to believe what anybody says, including himself.

By the way Doug, I'm sure you worked hard for your master's degree. Furthermore, you lived with Ole Anthony for 10 years and supposedly taught the same things he did. That in itself does not make you credible though, what makes you credible is if your words are actually the truth.

Date: July 25, 2006 08:59AM

[i:1707c536dc]I need something to cause me to believe the book is really an objective look at Ole Anthony and Trinity Foundation and not just a piece of propaganda.[/i:1707c536dc]

The book is truthful about Trinity. However, we do not claim it is an exhaustive examination of all things Trinity—rather, it is simply our story. Wendy tells the truth of our experience, what happened to us.

[i:1707c536dc]The claims you make about Ole himself contradict what I have heard come from his own mouth. Mainly, hearing him say to test everything and not just to believe what anybody says, including himself.[/i:1707c536dc]

And yet, you seem to have uncritically adopted the Trinity line.

[i:1707c536dc]By the way Doug, I'm sure you worked hard for your master's degree. Furthermore, you lived with Ole Anthony for 10 years and supposedly taught the same things he did. That in itself does not make you credible though, what makes you credible is if your words are actually the truth.[/i:1707c536dc]

They are. Those with ears to hear will hear.

Date: August 02, 2006 10:04AM

My wife and I just had dinner last night with Zeuszor. He has decided to leave Trinity Foundation. I guess NathanA will have to assume the mantle of main defender of Trinity Foundation on this message board.

Date: August 03, 2006 05:50AM

Yes, 'tis true that I am leaving soon. This community has bent over backwards to help me and continues to do so. I have no grudge nor bitterness, no axe to grind, and consider my time here a blessing. It is simply time to move on, for reasons I explained to you over dinner. Also, I would draw he attention of readers of this board to todays' Obersver article:

[www.dallasobserver.com]

Verry eenterestink, eh?
Peeking from the underground,

Brian J. Birmingham

Date: August 03, 2006 08:29AM

So happy to hear you are leaving. I wasted six years of my life there before leaving. My suggestion(though you didn't ask for it) is to find a church, yes full of sinners and yes hypocrites, that will allow YOU to work out your salvation with fear and trembling of God (not Ole and hotseats). God is faithful and will guide you. I am proud of you and your courage. And always be cult aware:) Best wishes and prayers to you Brian.

Date: August 03, 2006 12:17PM

They don't do that anymore, man. The TrinityFI that I know is but a remnant of what you knew it as. And if Romans 8:28 is true, then why do you feel as if you wasted anything, if you don't mind my asking? If all things truly do work together for the good? Why not be grateful to God, instead of regretful?

Date: August 04, 2006 06:30AM

I'll grant you that point. Although it does bother me when people who have severly hurt someone in the name of God turn around and tell them that everything works out for good... I don't think it will turn out well for those that abuse God's children. Anyway I did not mean to start a fight and I am trully happy for you.

Current Page: 6 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.