Current Page: 24 of 110
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 08, 2006 01:24PM

Something I never figured out is why extracanonical and Apocryphal texts are used as the sources of readings in TFI Scripture studies, feasts, etc. Why not the Bible only? What's up with all of the obscure feast and fast days? Isn't that kinda legalistic? How come in the early morning Bible studies (in my experience) Ole only "teaches" depressing stuff from Ecclesiastes and Job? I never understood the doctrine of "you are the Antichrist" either...like, since that doctrine comes from Ole's own mind and is therefore also Antichrist, then why listen to him? That doctrine is a pile of poop. Give me a break. Oh, I must be on the level of a brute beast, obviously, since I can't see it that way. That's what Ole will tell you, by the way, if you question him too much, pressure him to Scripturally justify that "you are the Antichrist" crud. He'll tell you that you have the understanding of a brute beast and that you obviously haven't truly known repentance. Reminds me of that Carly Simon song: "...nobody does it better..." He's good at "the old switcheroo": all of a sudden it's about what's wrong with [i:5c1b1385ce]you.[/i:5c1b1385ce] He's done that to me before, it always shut me up, and I learned to keep me questions to myself for the most part while with TFI.
"It is finished, get back in the rest, pick up my cross, it is finished, get back in the rest, pick up my cross..." this is the mantra which lulls long-term TFI personell into complacency and a false security; all is well in their world, get back on the mercy seat, lah lah lah.

Reread page 82 of Wendy's book and reconsider how Ole's "your mind is your enemy" bull has resulted in, for one thing, mental enslavement and dependance on Ole among a handful of devoted followers in East Dallas. A determined cadre of televangelist-busting detectives who exist more to give Ole a platform and feed his ego than to do something for the Church.
What do you think of "the perfect mind-control doctrine" that Ole developed?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: seeking ()
Date: November 08, 2006 10:09PM

Is anyone familiar with this group?

[www.meadowhaven.org]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 09, 2006 03:21AM

It is a place that helps former cult members run by a minister named Robert Pardon and his wife.

See [www.culteducation.com]

But it doesn't appear to be a licensed mental health facility like Wellspring Retreat.

See [wellspringretreat.org]

Date: November 09, 2006 03:31AM

The phrase, "In many ways Ole discovered the perfect mind-control doctrine" occurs again on page 129, along with what I think is a wonderful explanation of what he means when he says, "Your mind is the Antichrist" and the implications of that idea in the psyche of someone who hears that repeated day in and day out in "Bible studies" in which he or she hears repeated discourses from Job and Ecclesiastes on the emptiness and fulility of life outside of The Body. The Body, of course, by implication TFI. The Antichrist mind is turned into anybody who disagrees with Ole Anthony's opinions (page 130) and one's sense of self trust and self-confidence is undermined (page 125, in Amanda's interview). One's spiritual life is turned into this dark cave is which one is one completely disoriented (Oleism will disorient one from one's intellectual bearings and eventually from one's self if one is not careful) and lost in, and then Ole comes in with a torch to "illuminate" the way and guide you on the right path. Then there's the matter of the high-place identities and the Hot seats. Those are no longer practiced by TFI, but they don't need to be, as Ole's attendants are well-trained and very loyal. The world becomes a big dark cave in which Ole has the only light. That's why people like Pete Evans have been there for so long. Don't get me wrong, I like Pete. He's a nice guy. But it's sad, it really is. He's been totally duped into believing bulls**t doctrine and he's been wrapped around Ole's finger for his entire adult life. Trapped in a cycle of cognitive dissonance so strong it's like a spiritual black hole, like being in a waking trance for years at a time, and he's probably never getting out. Thanks and God bless you, Wendy, for helping me see that the Emperor wears no clothes. God saved me from myself yet again.

Date: November 10, 2006 02:27PM

Here's another bit of juicy gossip, something I hit upon while ruminating on the subject today. I'd like to open for this for discussion...simple question: what [i:7281a687ca]exactly [/i:7281a687ca] is Ole's job, what does [i:7281a687ca]he do[/i:7281a687ca] that he deserves so much credit and adulation for? I mean, most of the real work is done by Pete, Harry, the [i:7281a687ca]Door[/i:7281a687ca] staff, and the rest. Ole is the guy that meets with the press and gived TFI that [i:7281a687ca]image.[/i:7281a687ca] He's the [i:7281a687ca]face[/i:7281a687ca] of TFI, the guy the media go to for a quote...but what exactly does he [i:7281a687ca]do[/i:7281a687ca]? Other people, Ole's leutenants do all the work. He gets the glory. He's just the guy who goes on TV. He's also the guy who takes the lawsuits, [i:7281a687ca]and not[/i:7281a687ca] Trinity Foundation [i:7281a687ca]itself[/i:7281a687ca]. Think about it. Any thoughts?

Date: November 12, 2006 01:20AM

A file on Trinity Foundation is now part of Rick Ross' Controversial Groups Database. Twenty years too late. Check it out. Thanks Rick!

[www.culteducation.com]

Date: November 12, 2006 01:57AM

The same thing that'll make you laugh will make you cry. Brace yourself for this, an article called [b:81f90370bc]"Ole Anthony on a mission to root out false prophets."[/b:81f90370bc] A false prophet himself if there ever was one. Cut and pasted from said article:

"...But there is at least one organization that is successfully exposing spiritual chicanery -- the Dallas-based Trinity Foundation.

Ole Anthony, a prophet with a private detective's license, has successfully exposed the shenanigans of Robert Tilton, W.V. Grant, Benny Hinn and Larry Lea."

[b:81f90370bc]A prophet, huh? A modern-day Diotrephes is more like it. [/b:81f90370bc]

"I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.” (3 John 1:19) "

Also cut and pasted:

"...The pipe-smoking, 67-year-old activist has a toll-free hotline. People who have been harmed by shifty spiritual advisers can call..."
[b:81f90370bc]
Well, if that ain't the irony of the year! People who have been harmed by shifty spiritual advisors can call on Ole Anthony, huh? Great! What about the harm done to the people who have crossed this shifty spiritual advisor's path? What about the people who have left TFI, that no longer exist in Ole's mind? When I asked him about the book the first time, he said he didn't even remember Wendy Duncan. After I met her and asked him again, he remembered her then all right, and remembered her well, and had nothing nice to say. He basically called Doug a prostitute for marrying her. Ole can talk s**t and cuss with the best of 'em. Sorry if this is too graphic, Doug. [/b:81f90370bc]

"...The pipe-smoking, 67-year-old activist has a toll-free hotline. People who have been harmed by shifty spiritual advisers can call..."

Obviously this Frank Lockwood person didn't dig real deep in his investigation and settled for fluff. Why was he writing about Ole Anthony in the Lexington, KY paper, anyway? I am grateful that Rick Ross has put TFI in his database. Doesn't it mean something when he's been put in the company of Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite, Dave McKay, and the whole sordid bunch? It does to me.

Date: November 12, 2006 02:14AM

From 'Scarborough Country', December 8, 2004. Ole Anthony says in reference to the Crouches and Hinn:

"...And all I want is accountability. That‘s all I‘ve ever asked for, verification of healings, making their financial records public. That‘s all I‘ve ever wanted..."

Date: November 12, 2006 02:16AM

From 'Scarborough Country', December 8, 2004. Ole Anthony says in reference to the Crouches and Hinn:

"...And all I want is accountability. That‘s all I‘ve ever asked for, verification of healings, making their financial records public. That‘s all I‘ve ever wanted..."

[b:fc2d76b736]Well, Ole. Accountability, you say? Fantastic! I am impressed with your transparency. All [i:fc2d76b736]we[/i:fc2d76b736] want is accountability. That's all [i:fc2d76b736]we've[/i:fc2d76b736] ever asked for. Let's hear about the management of [i:fc2d76b736]your[/i:fc2d76b736] finances. How come you exempted yourself from tithing on your settlement funds, like you made all your followers tithe on [i:fc2d76b736]their[/i:fc2d76b736] income? Isn't that, like, a double standard? What kinds of money have you got in [i:fc2d76b736]your[/i:fc2d76b736] back account? A lot of unanswered questions there, huh? Let's hear about the psychological surgery you used to perform on your followers in the form of the Hot Seats. Please explain to us what you mean when you teach people that "You are the Antichrist." How come it seems like you're the only one in the community with a correct opinion as regards correct interpretation of the Scriptures? How come if somebody expresses that they don't understand what you are talking about during a Bible study you say they have the understanding of a brute beast and need to repent? Can you account for these please? We're still waiting for an explanation. Can somebody in TFI please stand up and discuss these issues with us here?[/b:fc2d76b736]

Date: November 12, 2006 02:24AM

zeuszor
Ole's a curmudgeony old man and half the time he can't even get out of bed. He's sure not Mr. Rogers, but is he a paranoid, megalomaniacal "cult leader" and are all of us puppets kidnapped mentally into participating in his fantasy world? That idea is totally ludicrous. I myself have only been part of this community for a few months now; I've have never felt manipulated, controlled, and certainly not abused in any sense of the word here. I'm shocked that we could be percieved as Ole's "cult". No, as of now I have not read the book, but it's on the way. I'll post more of my comments after I read the book.
For anyone who's curious, please visit us if you're in the Dallas area; our address and other information about us can be found at www.trinityfi.org We gather for Bible studies and fellowship freqently, so please call or write for more information. Goodbye for now.

That was me five months ago, when the book was first released. I came to TFI after having done my homework (much the way Wendy had before SHE joined) and came up with no bad reports. That's why I chose to work with them to begin with. So yeah, I'm a little disillusioned.

Current Page: 24 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.