Current Page: 19 of 75
Re: James Swartz—What is the Truth?
Posted by: MynameisHeather ()
Date: September 04, 2019 03:02AM

For folks who are genuinely here to express and address concerns regarding cult leader James Swartz...I have started a new thread...here I have copy/pasted my original written account...the one I wrote 2 years ago & it was posted on Medium.com

My new thread is named: James Swartz--my original written account

The story of Heather is based on my true story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2019 03:03AM by MynameisHeather.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 04, 2019 06:05AM

Russian Fatima:

You seem to be trolling here as an apologist for James Swartz and some of your posts appear to be promotional.

What you are doing is against the rules you agreed to before posting here.

Please understand that your posts may be deleted if they are promotional and/or break the rules and you may be banned from posting at this message board.

Posted by: Traveler99 ()
Date: September 04, 2019 10:38PM

Heather's True Story, More Swartz Perfidy, and, An Observation...

In the last post on this message board "Russian Fatima" was given a strong warning by the Moderator. To those of us who have dealt with James Swartz, it was obvious that he was the primary writer of RF's most recent posts, and certainly she/he deserved the warning.

As noted above by Heather, now her original account is available.

Before, some complaints have been made about the book "Guru? The Story of Heather" because, at the time it was written, Heather wanted no more direct confrontation and Devon Adler, the author, was listening to Swartz's shrieks about libel suits and worse. This resulted in the (totally) James Swartz- "inspired" book being written as "allegation-based fiction."

Well, "Guru? The Story of Heather" is still allegation-based fiction, changing the names of James Swartz, some others, and the exact locations where Heather describes the drugging, rapes, and (wrapped around Swartz's pseudo-spirituality) crimes taking place.

But her story, now on this forum at James Swartz--my original written account is not "fiction" of any type. She wrote the truth as she experienced it. (These accounts of course did form the base of the "Heather" book.)

It's only been a day, but already I am wondering, "Why didn't we do this before?" Rick Ross can't be scared into taking things down by the blowhard James Swartz the way some other sites (poor Medium) were. And Heather's own words, much as Devon Adler tried to keep their tone and feeling in the book, are simply much stronger and even more "real."

So, please. Read her original account, written in 2017.

And now onto something that some of you who have followed this topic will likely already have noticed:

An Observation Regarding James Swartz

In a recent post I asked Squirts directly if he had any friends. I doubt that he does. Here's why.

As has been noted, I have asked many persons about James Swartz. These questions have come in the form of casual questions that gradually got more serious, formal interviews, chance meetings with people with whom spiritual teaching came up, and then Squirts, and, "Yeah, I knew him," or something similar, and more.

A few posts ago I mentioned that there were two types of answers from two types of persons. I'd like to take that point a step farther.

It seems like a "Universal Law." It could be written, "The longer a person knows James Swartz, and the closer one is to him, the more likely it is that they can easily see him as the drugging rapist that Heather has revealed."

Scanning my memory, I find no exceptions. The shorter a time a person has been connected to James Swartz, the more they are likely to defend him. The longer a time a person has known him, especially if at all closely, the more likely it is that they believe Heather.

Earthquake and BeTrue in this forum are examples of this. Another example I must keep nameless. I came to this person with Heather's allegations early in 2017. This person was new to Swartz and his 'teachings,' and was not ready to believe the allegations. However, this person did go back to Swartz with questions. Swartz strongly discounted the accusations, and this person let me know that they were lies and to forget the whole thing. Now, just over two and a half years later, this person reported that, "Well, after I thought aabout it, and listened some more, some of James' answers just didn't make sense, and, things started to feel wrong somehow, so..." A year or so ago that person quietly removed herself from any contact with James Swartz.

From "Defender" to "I'm out of here" in less than two years.

Rather hilariously, I almost followed the same path. Some friends of mine barely knew James Swartz, but were entertained by his "man about town" persona mixed with an apparent high knowledge of some spiritual concepts. They had recommended I meet this "interesting person" if I could. I was looking forward to it.

Damn. How strange looking back at it. For part of 2016 I was happy to be meeting James Swartz soon. (Feel free to laugh.)

Then, by a very fortuitous chain of unlikely events, I became aware of Heather and her allegations. Having heard those, my perspective immediately changed. Two persons I liked and trusted let me know that they believed her. One of these began to fill me in on the (grievous) weaknesses and holes in James Swartz's teachings, too.

What was there to do but to investigate James Swartz a bit? And what my friends and I found was-- HORRIFIC. Most of it is detailed here on this forum (again, thanks to you, Rick Ross), in the "Heather" book, and now in Heather's own words on this forum, too.

Laughable, isn't it, in a strange way? From wanting to meet this "interesting person" James Swartz, within a few months he was launching a series of threatening, mean, and as-spiritual-as-a-Nazi e-mail messages at and to me. And why? Because I dared to ask "his people" if they had heard of and believed Heather.

And why didn't I meet him anyway? I would have loved to question him in person.

A friend, a true, for real, spiritual teacher asked me not to. "I have never heard of this person. I know nothing about him. Maybe what this woman says is true, maybe not, but if you publicly question him he might believe I put you up to it. He does attack other teachers, yes?"

"That's what I've heard," I replied. "He's jealous of everybody." (As has been confirmed countless times since.)

"My Master taught me to make the peaceful choice, always. Please, for me, do not attack this person publicly."

On that day, "Traveler" was born.

If I can do one thing, it is to be a good friend.

Too bad Swartz has no clue what that even means, except as something to fake in order to get something from someone.

A thought just came.

If the "See the Truth and be gone within two years" paradigm sticks, then if he's still around in the summer of 2021 James might be sitting alone with Isabella, the two of them just looking at each other, in their cold and empty (fraudulently attained?) Iberian Ashram.

What fun!

Date: September 04, 2019 11:29PM

Thank you Traveller99. Your support is immeasurable, and has helped me to have the courage to speak the truth.

You are one of the heroes in my life...a brave soul...you care about people and justice.

I hope other people, who may be under the influence of Swartz, will open their eyes/ears/mind/heart to understand the truth of Swartz.

I would also like to mention that “Guru? The Story Of Heather" has some excellent information for people interested in spiritual learning. Questions about what makes a valid teacher, and how to protect oneself from false teachers.

We all need to use our minds in a critical way...discernment and using the brain in a rational way...because using our brains is integral to survival and quality of life. I learned the hard way, not to give over my brain and thinking to someone else. Unfortunately there was a huge power differential when I knew Swartz. But think about it...a lot of us, as adults, still approach relationships from a child's mind. We look to others for the answers we can't seem to answer.

I think it's important to be critical and ask questions. Ask the teacher questions, but more importantly ask oneself questions. Use the powerful brains that nature has given us.

Date: September 05, 2019 08:28AM

Okay...Guys...this is so hilarious, I was rolling on the floor, laughing, with tears streaming down my cheeks.

Check out Corboy's comments on the thread Bliss is Candy Sprinkles on a Dog Shit Sundae - Dan Savag

it states:

[www.thestranger.com]

If abusers were abusive 24/7—if they weren't capable of doling out a little bliss now and then—no abusive relationship would last longer than one date.

Like all abusers, he parcels out the good times, doping you up with a little bliss now and then, because he knows that these glimpses of how great things could be convince you to stick around against your better judgment.

The bliss is a con, HDTH, a weapon that he uses against you, just as much a part of the cycle of abuse as his tantrums, fits, and threats of violence are. Think of the good times as rainbow sprinkles on a dog-shit sundae—sprinkles or no sprinkles, you're still standing there with a bowlful of dog shit in your hands.

Get a couple of friends to come over when he's at work or out of town, box up your shit, and leave. You can't change him. Go.

That's Swartz to a T!

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 05, 2019 10:06PM

Wish I wrote as well as Dan Savage.

Dan is the one who came up with the observation that in abusive relationships bliss is not bliss.

In abusive relationships, bliss is candy sprinkles on a dogshit sundae.

And, cults are an important category of abusive relationship.

Posted by: Traveler99 ()
Date: September 05, 2019 11:33PM

James Swartz -- "Candy Sprinkles on a Dogshit Sundae"
Plus, "Nothing Here."

Thank you, Corboy and Heather, for the posts above that, to me, give a very succinct summation of James Swartz as a person and as a spiritual teacher.

In Heather's special Message Board on this site, "James Swartz--my original written account" there will be some more gems coming up. To give more "original" material, she asked me so send her copies of Swartz's original messages to me. These were from the first half of 2017.

Going through them, while forwarding them to her, I found one where Swartz was gloating that no web search regarding such topics as "James Swartz rapist" or "James Swartz criminal" had any results.

He was thrilled because it showed that his campaign to get his name removed from the articles by Heather, myself, and others had succeeded in hiding the allegations from the general public, and, most importantly to him, potential students.

Spurred by this old message from Squirts, last night I typed in "James Swartz Rape," "James Swartz Criminal," and similar things into Google. This Message Board at the Cult Education Forum site came out as number one or number two on each page that came up.
On my Google account, just "James Swartz" brought up the Cult Ed Site and this Message Board as number three. (Number five was another article critical of Swartz.)

I sent this happy info to some friends, but one of them (sort of) rained on my parade. He wrote back, "Google bases your results on your past searches, and since you've used the Cult Education Forum site a lot, it would come up higher for you than for most people."

Wondering if this was true (and hoping it wasn't) I brought up a couple other Search Engines and typed in "James Swartz."

The page came back with a simple message in the upper left hand corner:

nothing here

I tried it again. "James Swartz." The answer came again:

nothing here

Then I started laughing. Of course it's just a glitch in the system. There is a lot, too much, I would say, of James Swartz on the internet. Most of it, done by Swartz himself and his close (how long will they last?) associates, tries to make Swartz look reasonable, human, personable, and spiritually knowledgeable and aware.

Yet, my searches this morning said: nothing here

I laughed because, really, that is the truth of it.

When one looks at James Swartz hard and long, and really examines his teachings, one finds that there is NOTHING HERE. The best he can do is give a person hints on better persons to study and to go to. For instance, he does mention Ramana and Shankara, and if that pushes a person to research them-while leaving Swartz himself behind-that could be said to be a good thing. As one contributor here posted, James Swartz was like a routine community college class, and her new teacher--a real one-- like a wonderful graduate school.

And as a human being without any real sense of empathy towards others, as his lack of long-time students, let alone true close friends, shows, as goes James Swartz as a decent human being, you could also state; Nothing Here.

For those persons still savoring the candy sprinkles on the Swartzian dog poop, all we can do is hope that they soon "see the light" (and leave the darkness that is Swartz). After all, when they open their eyes, they will truly find that when they are with James Swartz, as goes anything worthwhile or good, there truly is

nothing here.

Date: September 08, 2019 06:09AM

Hello Friends,

I've updated my written account of my time with Swartz. After I talked with a friend of mine...another survivor, I was able to refine the timeline of events in my account. Readers will notice the opening year has been revised.

I posted the whole thing from the beginning, my updated version is after about the 6th post in "James Swartz--my original account".

I will continue posting there, until my entire written account is posted. It may take several days.

Date: September 10, 2019 11:22AM

"Deny, Attack, and Reverse Victim and Offender."

Hey Guys,

I was checking out Real Love posted by DINGO...

Corby posted this...and I think it's really good information, so I'm putting it here:

What to do if anyone is threatening us via CEI private message
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 17, 2018 12:51AM

Link wrote:

If you are wondering why I keep re-posting the same thread,its because I have received threats,via youtube,(no guessing who is complaining,as its not good for their businesses) so here are the links again.

Just in case any of us receives threats or otherwise questionable messages
via CEI's private messaging (PM), please contact Mr. Rick Ross, CEO of Cult Education Institute and moderator of this message board.

Mr Ross can be contacted here.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Send Mr Ross a copy of the offending PM complete
with URL, date and time and username of whoever sent the message.

Sending copies of questionable message board and PM items to the moderator is the only way to keep the CEI message
board a safe and secure place.

You are not being weak in doing this.

You are not 'whingeing'

Do not let someone accuse you of being too sensitive or lacking a sense of humor.

And don't back down if someone accuses you of being abusive by standing up
for yourself.

Dr. Jennifer J Freyd has termed this the DARVO technique.

Definition of DARVO
DARVO refers to a reaction perpetrators of wrong doing, particularly sexual offenders, may display in response to being held accountable for their behavior. DARVO stands for "Deny, Attack, and Reverse Victim and Offender." The perpetrator or offender may Deny the behavior, Attack the individual doing the confronting, and Reverse the roles of Victim and Offender such that the perpetrator assumes the victim role and turns the true victim -- or the whistle blower -- into an alleged offender. This occurs, for instance, when an actually guilty perpetrator assumes the role of "falsely accused" and attacks the accuser's credibility and blames the accuser of being the perpetrator of a false accusation

[dynamic.uoregon.edu]

[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: September 12, 2019 02:36AM

I'm checking out other forums, and finding it very interesting. There are so many charlatans out there, claiming to have knowledge, claiming to be of service to others.

I'm currently following the Guru G thread, started in 2010.

This post was interesting:

Re: Guru Swami G
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 15, 2010 01:50AM

Sidha7001:

Please explain Swami G regarding how her organization is run, i.e. bylaws, elected boards, published budget etc.

How does that work?

How does Swami G support herself and how is the money accounted for in the organization?

Is there a charitable nonprofit or what?

I got to thinking about these questions in regards to James Swartz and his Shiningworld. I wonder if Russian Fatima could answer the questions. Where does all the money from books, seminars, and teacher training go? Do they donate the money to help educate people?

I was thinking I should write a book on my true account with James Swartz. I was thinking I could donate ALL possible proceeds to the Cult Education Institute, or some other such organization that I believe in. I would love nothing more than to help others avoid the pain I've lived.

Perhaps writing a book will help me find closure.

Current Page: 19 of 75

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.