Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Lama dondrup Dorje / Peter Young FAKE
Posted by: anon27 ()
Date: January 21, 2019 01:02AM

This is a very interesting project many survivors of abuse in Buddhist communities, including survivors of PY and Pathgate, are contributing to:

Dr. Miriam Anders from the LMU University in Munich, Germany is conducting a three year research, financed by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. Part of the research is also to examine possible harm individuals have experienced in Buddhist communities or by Buddhist leaders via cultish / manipulative structures, sexual abuse, spiritual or emotional abuse, violence etc.

If you want to support this research or if you know people who are effected by harm within Buddhist communities or by Buddhist teachers and who are open to support a research project, please kindly forward this email or information to them.

Here is a link to some testimonies already submitted:
[www.en.transtibmed.ethnologie.uni-muenchen.de]

RESEARCH ON ABUSE IN BUDDHIST COMMUNITIES

In August 2018, a three-year research project started at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich under the leadership of Dr. Miriam Anders, funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).

The objective of the project is preservation of the knowledge conveyed in Tibetan medicine as well as its foundations within Buddhist philosophy. It covers three areas:

• translations of interviews with physicians of Tibetan medicine
• health and resources of seminar participants in Buddhist centers
• knowledge transfer, education and training

Within the framework of this research project, health and mental health of Buddhist seminar and meditation group participants will be investigated. Furthermore, interviews will be conducted with people affected of manipulation, exploitation or abuse in that context. Details are available at [www.en.transtibmed.ethnologie.uni-muenchen.de].

For links to fill in questionnaires in German or English language, please contact the email address: Miriam.Anders@campus.lmu.de. There will be more questionnaires available for a period of three years. Additionally, interviews will be conducted at different locations (Vienna, Munich, Kathmandu etc.). Any appointments for theses interviews may be arranged with the same email address.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lama dondrup Dorje / Peter Young FAKE
Posted by: anon27 ()
Date: February 12, 2019 01:15AM

This is a message from a former student of Peter Young's, posted on the Pathgate Survivors webwsite: [pathgatesurvivors.com]

I’d like to tell you about Peter Y the Martial Artist,
(I must apologise as I’m not the most educated but I’m trying to make this readable)
My name is John and in the late 70’s I read a magazine article about Tai Chi (I believed it and wanted to know more,). My best friend’s wife trained as a dancer and her teacher was a Master. I went to his Gym, it was on the corner of Clayton Street and Pink Lane in Newcastle. On the front door was a poster saying what was taught there, as I remember There was
Tai-Chi
Shaolin Kung Fu
Ballroom Dancing
Something like Cha Cha Dancing?
Aerobics
Etc
Anyway, Peter told me that I’d have to train in his Shaolin class as ‘the Internal Arts’ were reserved for his inner school
Anyway, several months later, I was one of his ‘top’ students but I knew something was wrong (I come from a Travelling Family who fight for fun), there was no contact, and there was no inner school?
Anyway,
I parted contact with Peter (however all his talk about Chinese Martial Arts had wetted my appetite) I joined Edmund Ng’s ‘Choy Lay Fut’ club in Newcastle.
Edmund is the guy who does the Lion Dancing at Chinese New Year.
A Great Club, with Great fighters (Alan H, proper smashed me up)
Anyway,
Word got round that Peter was saying he was trained in Choy Lay Fut, Edmund was pretty pi##ed off, Arranged a meeting ( it was at the Happiness Inn Restaurant at the Haymarket in Newcastle)
Anyway,
(I now understand about lineage in the Martial Arts, if you teach you state who your teacher was
Peter couldn’t}
Anyway as I could fight, Edmund took me under his wing, (the bloke is a pretty tough guy)
Edmund told Peter never to pretend to teach Chinese Martial Arts again and Peter barked back at Edmund,
Edmund then walked up to him and beat Peter up (He beat Peter up bad, there was blood streaming from his left ear).
Peter then had to pay for our meal (there was at least 8 of us) and promised never to tell anyone he knew Choy Lay Fut.
For relevance to your site, Peter never told/taught me about Buddhism, he told me he was a Taoist Master (which I believed) he is pretty charismatic.
I know that some will question this however luckily I have been on his path gate website and you can see his martial arts videos, they are proper dancing videos, (any dancer can emulate any martial arts move only better) (the early ones feature KW, ask him)
Sorry for this ramble but this guy Peter is a nasty bit of work,
He really undermined my confidence for the period I was with him

(Just for reference, as well as training with Edmund I have also trained with a lot more Martial Artists (Peter used to forbid this), for example John Aiken from High Bridge but the best (in my view) is the Hartlepool Boy Mr John Dawson, a true Teacher.

Options: ReplyQuote
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.