Current Page: 23 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: October 07, 2018 04:37AM

Thanks Corboy for this meticulous research!

Looking at the Moo malas and the Osho malas, they are strikingly similar. So Moo is using techniques already perfected by another exploitative guru - well, I guess that would be saving him time and energy! No need to come up with his own ideas ...and Osho is deceased - so no competition from him!

I don't really understand the mala meditation.
It looks like you can somehow (supposedly) meditatate with this necklace of beads and come into direct contact with the cult leader via this meditation. So then you are going to feel calm and protected. It's very supernatural, isnt it? And it makes the cult leader look like he has supernatural powers of some kind.

Probably a good thing if Moo does have special powers, because if they put him in jail, he will just be able to levitate out of his cell! That will be very interesting, won't it? I can hardly wait.

It seems like Osho was extremely successful at exploiting people before they arrested him. He had his own Lear jet, and a slew of prestige cars, so it just goes to show how simply people can fall for these very devious games. It is really so sad.

People waste years of their lives on this clap-trap. But it is only the ones at the top of the cult administration that make any money out of it! Everyone else is just a disposable commodity, to be used and abused by these cults.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 07, 2018 05:05AM

Lets be clear.

We do not know what, if any, meditation is tied to using Mooji malas.

But yes, the Moo and the Rajneesh malas look strikingly similar.

What's next?

A colored uniform for Moo devotees?

Stay tuned.

Date: October 07, 2018 05:45AM

Yes Corboy,

All we know is that the mala is traditionally used for meditation, to count repetitions of prayers, or other types of devotional activities. I'm not sure who Moo's followers are supposed to be praying to? Is is God? Another deity? Or to Moo himself?

We just don't know at this point.

I did find something very creepy then at the Moo online shop. It's a mala bead necklace with a pendant containing a photo of Moo's feet!! Do you wear a photo of Moo's feet around your neck? What will that do for you? Remind you when it is time to visit the podiatrist or something???

The image is subject to copyright, so I won't post a link. It should be easy to find if you google it.

It's so freaking weird. I can't get what the obsession is with the feet? Why not the ear or the left thumb? Are feet especially auspicious for some reason?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2018 05:56AM by Sahara71.

Date: October 07, 2018 05:54AM

Ok,

My friend did tell me that at Easter time, people would kiss the feet of a statue of Jesus on the cross, in the Catholic Church. It was a kind of veneration - like a symbolic gesture... to thank Christ for dying on the cross for them.

As far as I know, Moo is just a person. I don't think he is the second coming of Christ or anything. (But he would like to be.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2018 05:57AM by Sahara71.

Just a few of Rajneesh's repetitions
Date: October 07, 2018 06:20AM

Venerating a guru's feet is an ancient Indian practice.

Satya Sai Baba - sex pest- commercial guru

[www.google.com]

Murders at SSB's ashram

[www.google.com]

[www.google.com]

Quantities of gold found at SSBs ashram

[www.google.com]

Ammachi - commercial guru -- read the expose Holy Hell by Gail Treadwell who was Ammachis assistant for many years.

[www.google.com]

Holy Hell by Gail Tredwell
[www.google.com]

Amma wealth enriching her relatives

[www.google.com]

Neighbors near Amma ashram in New Delhi beaten by Amma thugs when they complain about ashram

[www.google.com]

Sex abuse

[www.google.com]

Srila Prabhupada pictures of his feet (Commercial guru founded the Hare Krishnas)

[www.google.com]

Disciples instructed to lie and impersonate santa clause to get donations

[www.google.com]

Women are inferior

[www.google.com]

Child abuse at ISKON boarding school

[www.google.com]

Some went so far as to DRINK a guru's foot bath water.

[www.google.com]

Just now, I went back to the text of Rajneesh's talk on the mala and
found some additional patterns.

[forum.culteducation.com]

The little dude was a helluva wordsmith.

For fun, here are a few of the repetitions.

What do we do with keys?

Keys open and close doors. We need them to start and shut off automobiles.

But in this talk there are lots of repetitive references to keys.

How do we feel if we cannot find our keys?

Scared. We can't get into our own homes or hotel rooms. We cant get into our
cars.

Without our keys our lives stop. We are trapped.

This is primitive, primal imagery, folks.

Then the absent picture becomes a door*.

Through that door* communicate with me.

It happens so.
It happens so;

keys are lost1
the key is lost2.

Then the key is lost3.
the key is lost4.

(Raj mentions lost keys FOUR TIMES.

Next, some relief comes in)

It is a key.5.

the key6 can communicate with Buddha .

But they must know the key7, otherwise they will just go and the whole thing will be just a ritual.

So these are keys8 – particular* mantras chanted in a particular way1, pronounced in a particular way2, emphasized in a particular way3 with such-and-such frequencies.

Then the Bodhi tree is not just a Bodhi tree; it becomes a passage, it opens a door*.

But keys9( are always lost.

Now Rajneesh brings it all home with a punch. After suddenly
instilling anxiety with 'keys are always lost'
Raj for the first time gives the solution to the puzzle.

All through the talk, Raj refers to keys and doors.

But, something is missing.

A key opens a lock. But in this script, Raj has never mentioned lock.

But now he introduces the one word missing from the chain of cause and effect

Key-->Door.

But Raj does it with a twist.

So this much can be said: use the locket, and you will know much.

Key-->Lock-->Door

Key-->Rajneesh/Beloved/Locket-->Door

All that I have said will be known, and more that I have not said will be known also.

He makes the mala, his picture, and the locket the ultimate solution in his
subjects' minds.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2018 08:16PM by corboy.

Date: October 08, 2018 11:46AM

Thanks for filling us in on the spiritual foot fetish palaver, Corboy.

Obviously it is a Thing.

The stuff about the keys is intriguing, but I think it might be intended to confuse people. I notice a lot of cult material is confusing... I think it is designed to mentally disarm people.

I wanted to mention the YouTube video of Moo that 'i yam what i yam' shared a few days back, via a link. Moo speaks in a very evangelical tone. He seems a bit too excited, like he is on a mission to recruit people, perhaps.

He is determined for us to know hat we are already the is-ness or the 'pure self' and that our brains are going to sabotage us into believing that we are not. Moo urges us to watch this particular video over and over again, as though he thinks we won't get it. Or is it that his vague message needs some reinforcing. I suppose he assumes people are stupid??

He gets very excited about us watching him again and again.

If we really could obtain instant enlightenment by hearing Moo's words, then why would we need to watch his video more than once? He is suggesting that his brand of instant enlightenment isn't all that instant, after all!

Moo says:

"Rest only as the self.... This body and the conditioning and programming that is operating in this body - they are also perceived from a space that is behind... You can say it is behind. That space is the space of the self."

I am confused!

So now we are not the self? The 'self' is actually a space behind us? It is the space where we perceive ourselves? But I thought that we were the self!

Now it is some space located at a distance from us, that has become the 'self'.

Will the 'self' relocate once again? Where will it be next time?

Can anyone explain this to me?

Will the real self please make its presence known!

Moo also states: "You are not dead."
Well, geez, that's good to know. Should I be thankful that this has been pointed out to me???

Not dead, just mighty confused! Lol.

Posted by: SadGame ()
Date: October 10, 2018 03:13AM

The video that was poster by i yam that i yam was one that i have watched When it came out,
and that i took to heart in a very profound way.

The enthousiasm i interpreted to represent a genuine Interest and passion from moo
to help ‘us’ overcome the obstacle of doubt that he says inevitably arises
When coming close to realizing the self.

I feel he admits that his goal is a from of brain washing although he would not use that term obviously because of the negative connotations
But the mind as it is conditioned by our everyday culture, is premised to require cleansing
To make room for the ‘self’, which coincidentally is over and above, but includes the body and mind. Like an eternal soul,

My 2cnts

Date: October 11, 2018 04:17AM

That is interesting SadGame.

I don't think our minds require any kind of cleansing. To embrace a new idea, like this idea of the 'pure self', why would you need to eradicate things that you already know? As though there is something inherently 'wrong' with our minds, as they are?

There is nothing wrong with our brains! There is nothing they require cleansing of. It's not healthy to suggest that our brains are in some way dysfunctional.

Social conditioning is what allows us to live in the real world and form real life relationships with other people. No all conditioning is bad, just because it is conditioning. We could make an argument that language is bad, because it is something we had to learn from society. But without language, where would we be?

What Moo teaches is way too simplistic and it is misleading.

There may be such a thing as an eternal soul, but in order to come into contact with it, we shouldn't need to disconnect from reality!

When does Neo Advaita Become Gaslighting?
Date: October 11, 2018 09:20AM

[www.independent.co.uk]

Gaslighting is often misunderstood as simply trying to make someone believe something isn’t true. What it really entails is breaking down a person’s trust in their own mind – something so damaging it can take years to recover from. It’s a daily form of coercive manipulation designed to make someone so vulnerable and confused that they rely more on their abuser than on themselves.

https://everydayfeminism.com/2015/06/gaslighting-is-an-abuse-tactic/

In short, gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse “in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.”

Essentially, gaslighting is a tactic used to destabilize your understanding of reality, making you constantly doubt your own experiences.

Most of the time, this tactic is used to further uneven power balances with abusive partners, making you second guess yourself when you feel as if you are being abused or attacked.

Even if a relationship seems otherwise non-abusive, gaslighting is emotional and mental violence. This process in and of itself is toxic and unhealthy, regardless of whether there are other abusive behaviors taking place within the relationship.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 09:31AM by corboy.

Posted by: SadGame ()
Date: October 11, 2018 02:08PM

Corboy mistrusting your own mind is I think at the core of this issue.

If one would apply a neo advaita perspective,
I think one might say that mistrust itself is aspect of mind that needs cleansing.
To overcome any mistrust, I think many neo advaita adepts would agree,
would be essential to come into your true self, be it through self-inquiry or other means.

The problem with gaslighting in this context I feel is especially precarious,
since a critical approach towards some negative aspects of mind,
such as for example mistrust, is an intricate part of it.
One might critique someone else's mind process, such as Moo does all the time,
giving the other a feeling that his or her mind is not to be trusted.
I haven't felt this personally, but I know from the many reports on this site and others
that this is quite common and a serious flaw of Moo's teachings.

An honest teacher, I believe, would discriminate,
in accordance with the two truths doctrine in buddhism,
or the three levels of reality in advaita,
between the everyday functioning of the mind, which is normal and positive,
and any ideal state of being or absolute nondual reality.

Moo has a long way to go in my opinion
i agree with sahara that this is much to simplistic and misleading

Current Page: 23 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.