Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Leavingmooji ()
Date: May 03, 2020 02:48AM

Yeah I spend a lot of time regretting things. I did a lot of stupid sh*t. I totally wasted my last year of school with my friends by isolating myself since I considered myself “more spiritually mature” than them. I also developed nasty eating habits and masturbated wildly on this period. I think those two things where my only boost for a long time. I barely slept since I would spend all night watching his satsangs hoping I would “get it”. I went to 3 days in a row without sleeping more than once. Really crazy sh*t I would have never think myself capable off. Human mind can be really interesting under unusual conditions. Hopefully I will learn a lifetime lesson from this experience. By being an ignorant 17 year old with some insecurites, this guy that seemed so mystical and was basically offering me instant paradise for nothing in exchange seemed like a really especial chance. I really felt I had discovered something no one else did. I learned that when you are in a bad moment is up to you to change it for the better, no one else can do it for you. These so called gurus can easily exploit you if they find you vulnerable. The only good thing I can recall right now is that now I’m really enjoying my family and friends, and also the little things in life. I really look forward to the future. I’m feeling there’s only place for improvement right now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 03, 2020 04:42AM

Friends, you two have a lot to offer.

Welcome to CEI message board.

Please, don't be down on yourselves.

How can we *not* be ignorant and insecure when we are 17 years old?

We've barely begun to live!

Back to you.

You are real.

The great "Moojibaba" -- this is a clever performance that impersonates a real person.

If you lost just a couple of years to the Moojibaba performance, I promise that if you give yourselves time and patience, you are going to feel a lot better.

Now, just in case you get any weird or inappropriate private messages, please
make a copy and send it immediately to Mr. Rick Ross. He owns this website and is destermined to keep this message board a safe and welcoming place for critical discussions of gurus and commercialized enlightenment.

You send a private message to Mr.Ross here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

If anyone else wants to have a private discussion with you, you can get background info by seeing when the person registered and read their earlier posts by clicking their name and going to their profile. Profiles give
date of registration on the CEI message board and a list of earlier posts if that person has made any.

Reading their earlier material will give a take on how they tick.

Posted by: Gaja ()
Date: May 03, 2020 05:21AM

Leavingmooji Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah I spend a lot of time regretting things. I
> did a lot of stupid sh*t. I totally wasted my last
> year of school with my friends by isolating myself
> since I considered myself “more spiritually
> mature” than them. I also developed nasty eating
> habits and masturbated wildly on this period. I
> think those two things where my only boost for a
> long time. I barely slept since I would spend all
> night watching his satsangs hoping I would “get
> it”. I went to 3 days in a row without sleeping
> more than once. Really crazy sh*t I would have
> never think myself capable off. Human mind can be
> really interesting under unusual conditions.
> Hopefully I will learn a lifetime lesson from this
> experience. By being an ignorant 17 year old with
> some insecurites, this guy that seemed so mystical
> and was basically offering me instant paradise for
> nothing in exchange seemed like a really especial
> chance. I really felt I had discovered something
> no one else did. I learned that when you are in a
> bad moment is up to you to change it for the
> better, no one else can do it for you. These so
> called gurus can easily exploit you if they find
> you vulnerable. The only good thing I can recall
> right now is that now I’m really enjoying my
> family and friends, and also the little things in
> life. I really look forward to the future. I’m
> feeling there’s only place for improvement right
> now.
______________________________________-

Don't be so hard on yourself. In your age, maybe when I was a little older I was behaving very risky.
I was masturbating so often I had to go to confession (at that time I was catholic)every day, because at that time I believed this is a heavy sin. Later I grown up and discovered this is normal and my compulsion stoped. In my cease this was true, maybe someone else has big libido, so it is fine too. You cannot suppress sexual energy, because that's unhealthy.

In my cease when I attended satsang in London with Moo at 2013, I left totaly messed up. I couldn't find the place where I lived at that time, then I was fired, because I was behaving strange, I had trouble with time things, sometimes I had impression I just sat on the chair in the morning and in 5 minutes there was a night. I lost orientation with my financial skills, I was spending money with light hand as I never did before. I was giving beggars much money, while I had no job. I had trouble with buying things. All my body was shaking from fear, I had strange visions, I believed I'm a prophet and I can see future. All my savings I spend on hotels and food. I didn't want to come back home in that condition. I didn't slept for 2 weeks in a raw, at night I had vision, few men will come to my room and raped me, I was sweating so much from nervousness and stress I had to take shower much often, and this was big trouble for me, because I couldn;t stand naked under shower, because I believed this Moo guy can see me, so I was even more afraid, my legs were shaking and I was so tired from all this emotional shaking and worrying...

My mother when she find out I'm still watching this Moo on my computer, she was screaming: turn him off, I want vomit when I hear his voice, he is a pervert, don't you see what he did to you, have you seen yourself in a mirror, you have dark circles under the eyes, you are so thin(I lost a lot of weight, I couldn't eat much, and If I did, from stress I was imidietly going to toilet, to the point I was, not eating for days and I was doing a poo of water)

This had not only negative impact on me, but also all my family suffered because of what was happening with me. My sisters were scared of me. For years I had to gain their trust back. My uncle when he saw me at that time, was crying. People in my neighbourhood felt sorry for me, were laughing at me, or were discussing my coming out of sect and brainwashing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2020 05:27AM by Gaja.

Date: May 03, 2020 02:28PM

Thank you guys, you’re all really good help. We are all together in this.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 07, 2020 07:50PM

This was written about a teacher who was trained by Chogyam Trungpa, a notoriously abusive guru.

Am posting the URL here in case others find it useful in understanding what they have been through.

Reggie Ray Spiritualizes The Terror of Disorganized Attachment in Relation to Trungpa

Matthew Remski

This excerpt from a 2014 “dharma talk” by disgraced former Dharma Ocean founder Reggie Ray provides a textbook example of how the terror of disorganized attachment – as analyzed by cult survivor and researcher Alexandra Stein – can be framed as a spiritual necessity.

URL [matthewremski.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2020 12:54AM by corboy.

Posted by: Heythere1010101 ()
Date: May 09, 2020 09:53PM

Hi, I wrote on this forum quite a while ago in the midst of an extremely confusing time in my life, this was the only thing I had found at the time to express some of the confused emotions I was feeling about mooji/sahaja. In any case I'm glad & grateful this forum is here for people who have gone through and come out of the other side of the 'mooji' experience.

I lived on a campsite outside of sahaja for months and inside of sahaja for about 2-3 weeks (at that time I was very proud of this). When I had written before I was extremely confused because although I knew something wasn't right about what was happening there, I felt I couldn't break the 'loyalty' I had to mooji/sahaja. I've finally (after years) come to a point where I can admit, yes, I was in a cult, & no mooji is not God.

I still have a friend in the UK who I met at the campsite at the time, who is still devoted to mooji despite having been incarcerated in an asylum for all these years after leaving sahaja and is still there today.

I am doing much better from when I wrote before and have stopped identifying as a 'mooji follower' and found a way to get my feet back on the ground somewhat again.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: May 10, 2020 05:46AM

Hi Heythere1010101,

welcome back. I'm glad to hear that you are doing Okay now. I wonder if you could tell us more about your journey, if you feel up to it?
Perhaps tell us why you now think that you were part of a cult while you were with Mooji?
It would be good for everyone to hear your opinions.

Date: May 10, 2020 05:55AM

I was just watching some of Jim Carrey’s interviews from these last years and he seems so brainwashed. Poor guy. He portrays himself as being so enlightened and above everyone else. When you are wealthy and lonely you surely are an easy target to New Age bullshit. I think the only difference between Scientology and these so called gurus (Eckhart Tolle,Mooji) is they still have good press behind them. I really hope this changes in the future and they get exposed as the cheap talkers they are.

Date: May 10, 2020 08:18AM

Thankyou, sahara71, I remember your name from very start of this forum, I appreciate your welcome. Interestingly, this forum had just started up and was gaining momentum when I found it, as well as that youtube video coming out with the lady outing mooji as a fraud. I was at sahaja the same time she was, and at a silent retreat with her. Even though I had suspicions in myself, and also got all of these other forms of confirmation, I was afraid of stepping out on my own and saying what I experienced there was at times frightening, confusing, and disconcerting.
The 'cult' aspect comes in where mooji is treated respected worshiped and prayed to as "God". They don't ask you to do this outright, but on every wall there are huge posters of Mooji, surrounded by smaller images of ancient spiritual masters (who I respect and honor), it is implied. They create chants with Mooji's name in it in order to 'conjure his spirit throughout the day'. They pray to him while working on the land. They worship the land of sahaja, regarding it, literally as heaven on earth (you can ask anyone there, they will confirm it haha)
You cannot speak to "the master" as they refer to mooji on the grounds of sahaja, unless spoken to. At satsang it is supposedly "encouraged" from the viewpoint of the footage filmed there. But the reality is, unless you are in his pocket and have proved yourself to be one of his 'true devotees', by praising him as "God", it is highly discouraged to interact with him. Also his 'true devotees' (his inner sahaja circle) are very possessive of him and try to keep 'ignorant newcomers' away, and theres jealousy and drama within the 'inner circle' because there is a pecking order.
There is an entire populace out in the portugese woods, dedicating their lives to this man that they think is "God" and building entire constructs, worship areas, campsites, towns almost. And they are all profiting monetarily on getting young people who are willing to not only work for them, but pay them as well, so it has a very creepy feeling.
I remember hiking on the hilltop at the campsite I was staying on, and looking way across the valley seeing what looked like a tiny village below. It turns out, this was another 'mooji site', they are as far as the eye can see there.
Not only this, but people come mostly from all over europe, to even buy houses themselves in the area to be close to sahaja. It's just very strange, and you feel like you are being monitered and watched, because the people RUNNING these sites, think that this is there JOB, to moniter the people who they have there, making sure they are devoted to mooji.
These people running the places, consider themselves to be now 'working' for mooji, and 'in charge' of whoever ends up there, and their credibility is at stake for who is staying on their site. So you are always encouraged to eat together, have curfew times and do chores for their site, although your already paying a fee to stay there.
Its part of the pecking order, their like the middle men, of who gets to go to sahaja and when. They actually yelled at me quite a few times for going when I hadn't told them?haha
Sahaja is run as a business, and if you end up going at the wrong hours, you'll see some very interesting things, and you'll also get 'scolded' by the 'elder devotees' there
It completely degrades your sense of self worth, in the name of a fake spirituality. They do this so you will easily give in to any demand, whether financial, spiritual, emotional, or work-related.
They work as a tribe, outcasting any one who doesnt see mooji as 'god', it doesnt really matter what they say or do, the bottom line is, if mooji isn't 'god' its disrespectful and you cant stay there anymore.
So yeah, that alone is enough to qualify it as a cult for me haha
that was a lot, hopefully I can write more soon
thanks for letting me share

Date: May 10, 2020 08:41AM

Lots of people there are very genuine, humble and naive
but also very deluded and also think that they are very enlightened and are very close to their own 'salvation', living with a living 'god'.
I can't help but feeling for these honest and willing people who have devoted years of their life to him, but at the same time, some are so pure, as long as they realize they were just trying to get into a union with 'god' the whole time and not mooji, they'll be ok.
It's really sad in a way, but at the same time, they are convinced they are the luckiest 'beings' on earth, for getting to live with a 'living master', they're happy believing that for as long as they want to i guess.
You can tell everyone knows somethings off, but you can't express those things, or publicly talk about them, or you are ostracized from the group and replaced.
Over the years, the 'silence' rule has been more and more strongly implemented (this is a general rule in sahaja that implies you may not speak to people openly) so it is easier to hide these shadier sides of things there. And I think the people who have been there long enough, either don't care, or don't know how to admit this issues to themselves.
Devotees like Shivali (who has a beautiful voice & sings 'temple of fire' in devotion to mooji) pretty much have free passes to whatever privileges they like, they were there practically when Monte sahaja began so they know how things go there.
If the 'elder devotees' are scolding people, the excuse that everyone has for acting in the ridiculous way they do is that they are spiritually 'disciplining' the newbies

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.