Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 18, 2019 08:23PM

Let us hope that someone can tell us what happens if a hopeful aspirant arriving at Monte Sahaja refuses or has refused to sign a non disclosure agreement (NDA)

I would say that it is a huge Red Flag to arrive at any destination and then be handed a pen and NDA paperwork without having been told *well in advance* that you're expected to
sign that NDA.

That's like being an eager bride arriving at the wedding venue and suddenly the groom nods, a lawyer appears, and instead of a kiss, you are told you must sign a pre nuptial agreement.*

By the time people arrive at Monte Sahaja, chances are they have spent so much money to get there, already have so much encouragement to go there, perhaps have already been told they have Special Potential and need to go to Monte Sahaja to realize that Potential.

And, many persons arriving at Monte Sahaja would be exhausted from the journey to get there. Some would be jet lagged.

With all that, it would be terribly difficult to heed any gut level feeling of alarm, upon arriving at Monte Sahaja, one is handed that NDA paperwork.

* Silicon Valley titan Larry Ellison reportedly sprang a prenuptial agreement on his bride to be - just before their scheduled wedding.

[www.sfgate.com]

Ellison is known to have used a prenuptial agreement in the past; in fact, his marriage to Boothe was nearly called off when Ellison presented her with an 11-page prenuptial agreement just hours before they were to walk down the aisle, according to Wilson's book. Boothe and Ellison were divorced in 1986, less than three years after they wed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Whtm ()
Date: June 18, 2019 09:34PM

Hi Sahara, I’m not sure how I missed this but yes I’d be interested in reading the resources you referred to. Thank you!

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: June 19, 2019 07:09AM

Hi Whtm,

it is nice to hear from you again and have you back in the discussion. I believe you wanted to know about hypnosis and trance?

Yes, it is entirely possible to by hypnotized without your consent.

Take a look at [britishhypnosisresearch.com]

The author does say that a type of indirect hypnosis can be used on people without their consent (they have no idea that they are being hypnotized) and that this is skill is dangerous, if it ends up in the wrong hands.

This is a very interesting BBC documentary which explains hypnosis in depth: [www.youtube.com]

You will see a U.K. doctor who uses hypnosis in his clinical practice compare it to a type of "brain-washing"!

Then take a look at this article:
[www.vice.com]
Here you can read about cults using hypnosis to recruit people on-line.

Now after learning about hypnosis- watch the original "The Invitation" video on Moo's website. (They might have taken it down, actually. There seems to be a new version on the official website that is less trance-like.)

In the original "Invitation" video, Moo's voice slowed down progressively and became softer and softer as the recording went on. He spent a lot of time just gazing intently into the camera without saying anything- especially towards the end of the piece. He says a lot of vague, convoluted things... to quote one hypnotist; "Hypnosis is the art of being vague, while sounding profound". This kind of thing is designed to relax you and put you into a receptive state. People can walk away feeling that they have had some kind of special experience- but unfortunately, it's just common garden-variety trance.

Date: June 19, 2019 08:54AM

Hi again Whtm,

I might have found the original "Invitation to Freedom" video which is longer and more trance-like than the one they are using now.

[www.youtube.com]

There are probably a few different versions, but I think this one is the one I watched, back in the day.

Also:

A very interesting article about Osho (Rajneesh) that includes references to hypnosis:
[newrepublic.com]

Quote:
'Hilly Zeitlin, a clinical social worker who was co-director of Options for Personal Transition in Berkeley, an organization dealing with cult involvement and related religious issues, said that Rajneesh had made a study of techniques of hypnotic induction used by cults, and told me that he believed Rajneesh to be a “one of the best hypnotists I have ever encountered. The way he uses language, his tone of voice, the way he sequences ideas ... all are essentially hypnotic.” He went on to say that “the art of hypnosis is the art of being vague, while pretending you are being profound.”'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2019 09:18AM by Sahara71.

Posted by: yourenotanobject ()
Date: June 19, 2019 06:55PM

LightWave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> If it is a charade, a cover up, a justification
> like 'so what if M wants us to hide his
> relationship stuff, it's personal, it doesn't
> belong in the public eye'. Well yes it does, if he
> claims to be beyond relationships and poo-poos
> them as he does in several you tube videos. Then
> he does owe honesty to his followers and
> contributors.
>

I agree.

He does owe people that honesty, being in the position he is.

Posted by: LightWave ()
Date: June 19, 2019 11:59PM

Just because you get people to praise you on video does not exonerate you, Tony, from your egoic, arrogant behavior with young female devoteeees.

It's your person, not your Presence

Posted by: LightWave ()
Date: June 20, 2019 12:01AM

You are playing those videos only to keep the donation money flowing. What a dis-grace, a fall from grace Mr M guru

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 20, 2019 08:45PM

Actually, the 80 billion USD per year global yoga industry does have a product.

But it’s not a thing.

It’s not a car, or a book, or an app, or a head of romaine lettuce.

It’s not therapy or medical service.

You have to pay for it, while suspecting you’ll ever possess it.

The product is a wish, projection, or longing.

You must embody it for it to be real. The effort involved in this can be endless.
--

The global yoga industry produces the aspirational self.

The self-one-wants-to-be.

Or: the self-one-wants-to-be-seen-as.

Or: the self-that-does-not-yet-and-may-never-exist. But you’ll keep trying to give birth to it.

Some make an argument that yoga is a 'product' that is not measurable or observable, engaged in as an endless pursuit in a quest for aspirational, perfectible self.

This is an examination of a predicament that may apply to the Enlightenment Industry.

An article introducing Poonja to Western aspirants appeared in Yoga Journal in the late 1980s, early 1990s, showing a crossover between the Yoga Industry and Enlightenment Industry.

A thought provoking article by Matthew Remski.

Yogaland is Anxious Because It Is An Industry With A Product That May Not Exist

[matthewremski.com]

Date: June 25, 2019 08:13AM

I've just been watching the latest video released by the Moo group.

[www.youtube.com]

At 5.40 we see the first woman up to the microphone- and she looks so earnest, so naive! I actually think she is genuine. She has come to Satsung with the best of intentions. The woman claims that she wants to "fully dissolve into nothingness." Well, that sounds unpleasant... it wouldn't be the first thing on my bucket list, but there you go- to each their own.

Tony explains that the recognition of your true place (nothingness?) could happen in an instant, but to then stabilize in this state will take time.
However, it seems that the victim woman wants certainty! She looks like she is not buying it, Tony.
Moo says it’s rare for the ego to die instantly and he tries to explain it to her again. “It takes time to really discover the timeless” intones Moo in his soft voice. So profound, Tony. Profound word salad.

At 13.50 Tony states "We are all pathological liars." Well! Speak for yourself, Tony.

At 17.30 Moo gets a little bit harsh with the woman. Looks like she is not going anywhere in a hurry. She really wants answers. “I have no wasted words” Tony says. But the woman still has questions. She has been searching inside herself… she sees nothing. “What do you expect to see?” asks Tony. Which is not a bad question, given the circumstances.

Moo comes out with the old gem “who is watching the one who is looking inside?” He emphasizes the importance of his own words and tells us “few beings will hear this”.

Now it starts to get really whacked. Tony now tells us that he is the answer to all our questions: “I am already here. I am already the one you are.” WTF? Tony is me and I am Tony? Is that what he is trying to say? It's pretty suggestive stuff- blurring the boundaries of where one person ends and another begins. You can kind of see how this might inspire a person who has devotional tendencies to cling to Moo in an unhealthy way.

Then he comes out with “Who even I am aware of this one who is searching.” Is it only me, or does that sentence actually make no freaking sense what so ever? I can't make head nor tail of it.

“How do I give up the seeker?” asks the poor, befuddled woman. “Find what the seeker is looking for” replies the great Moo. I stop watching at this point. I kind of get the impression that the conversation might go around in circles forever....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2019 08:16AM by Sahara71.

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: June 25, 2019 02:41PM

At 13.50 Tony states "We are all pathological liars."

It is on record: He admits that he is a pathological liar, making it as this is just a joke to be laughed over and not taken seriously as far as including himself in the "we".

Would a true sage ever utter such a statement?

The show goes on as confusing as it used to be from my current perspective.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.