Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: 2cents ()
Date: April 23, 2019 01:54AM

Afterthought- if this was just a simple Happy New Year message, why not share it with the global sangha? - this was probably only sent to Sangha hosts, celebrities, big contributors. I was a sangha co-host for a little while, and intermittently emails would come with 'do not share on social media, etc' - with a bit of a gentle threat of 'we will not be able to continue this privileged sharing with you' or something like that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: April 23, 2019 02:05AM

Hi 2cents,

Thanks for sharing this! Very sad to watch.

This Judas analogy has one more flaw. I don’t know the Jesus story very well, but wasn’t Jesus betrayed by Judas by telling someone who Jesus was and then because they knew who he was he was ultimately killed for being the Christ?

Mooji isn’t Christ. Mooji if anything is using Christ for his own profit. Telling on Mooji would be actually like telling on the opposite of a Christ. So Judas would be saying in the story of Christ, hey that guy over there pretending to be Christ isn’t Christ. The analogy falls apart completely with anyone who can see it for what it is. Using the Christ story to manipulate obedience and silence. Just like he’s using his lawyers against his critics.

Date: April 23, 2019 02:09AM

To your afterthought 2cents

I have received many of these exact same type emails. Another example are special meetings where you are photographed with him are also treated as a betrayal if you share on social media. It’s said that they are protecting Mooji from people being jealous of you.

Posted by: snapping-out ()
Date: April 23, 2019 03:30AM

hi all,

that beggingvideo was probably send to everyone who has donated money. I recieved it as well and I'm not some wealthy benefactor. Needless to say they won't ever get another penny from me. It's ridiculous. Telling you that your bit of money is responsable for the running of the ashram, the video's etc. That without it it would be more of a "challenge". Considering all these millions in the bank..
And of course what it wants to achieve is that after hearing this "special message from his holiness especially for you" you feel so honoured you'll click the donate-button to give them more of your cash. Why else the donate-button below the message?

Same thing with these journals(winter,spring etc) they are sending. Very cleverly made video's. You can find these on the mooji.orgsite. Playing on your emotions(they had me in tears regularly) and lo and behold at the end of it: your chance to contribute to all this by...giving them money!

I understand one of the characteristics of a cult is their constant demand for your money..?

Date: April 23, 2019 04:19AM

Yes snapping-out

It’s to make people feel chosen. You nailed it. I also have friends who donated. They have specifically said to me they would have noted “this is earmarked for more fish” had they known he’d kill a mother heron over fish. In fact he could have just asked for help for that reason and people would have donated.

He also sent out a video via email of him looking at the pictures of donators on a wall so you saw a picture of yourself and his loving gaze. Isn’t that playing to a person’s desire to feel special and be loved by him?

Yes money makes the whole thing keep going. No money, no way to pay for things and it all dries up. Which brings me to a point to clarify as well, Mooji has people believe he’s so special that to be chosen to be near him so are you. He has people believe this so much because he has a massive following so if you are selected you won! So then you can go work for him, that’s how you get access to him in person on his property and then most people who go PAY HIM to be there. Monthly. As well as work sun up to sun down. Now that’s really something!

It’s playing to everyone’s desire for love. Period. That’s all it is.

I also highly recommend the Guru Papers
I’m going to list some of the topics it covers from the table of contents...

1. Religion, Cults, and The Spiritual Vacuum
2. Gurus and Times of Upheaval
3. The Seductions of Surrender
a. control and surrender
b. scandals, saints and self-centerness
c. recognizing authoritarian control
4. Guru ploys
a. inducing surrender
b. maintaining dominance
5. The assault on reason (Mooji assaults “mind”)

This is just a sampling of Part 1.

Part 2

3. Who is in control?
a. what is addiction

4. Love and Control
5. Oneness, Enlightenment and the mystical experience

There’s so much clarity in this book that anyone who has been around Mooji, especially in person might be way better off after reading this book.

They may be able to regain clarity, understand what happened to them and “win themselves back”

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2019 04:25AM by PapajisaysNO.

Date: April 23, 2019 04:43AM

I understand from a friend who has an apartment at Amma’s place in India she also asks for rent if you have a place there that is your own. Like my friend an apartment and they are also required to do seva, for 2 hours a day not the entire day. And she also sells clothes and blankets but uses the money to feed the hungry and help the poor. Not that her behavior in some circles is under questioning as well. But for an example.

Mooji is building an empire. Smoozing with the locals. And I heard him say to some people there “some people would think this is slave labor, do you?” And they said “no Guruji, no.” He said and “do you have enough to eat.” “Yes, Guruji, yes.”

This is what attachment to love looks like. From outside it’s easy to see it as abusive, but from inside it just feels like total surrender of your life into devotion.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2019 04:45AM by PapajisaysNO.

Date: April 23, 2019 04:58AM

See everyone knows they are on camera all the time there with Mooji. If they say yes we are being overworked. They will be edited and kicked out for lack on devotion. Since they said no we aren’t unhappy with how we are treated, they can’t complain later with any credibility.

Perfect double bind they are in.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: April 23, 2019 05:05AM

snapping-out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Only after snapping-out of it( after I stopped
> watching satsang, doing the "invitation to
> freedom",listening to these cd's all glorifying
> this mortal man as a god, and started to do my
> reseach into what was going on), I could
> understand what I have been in all the time. I
> just was NOT aware of my mental state...

>
> It's not a nice picture. But also not a one-off.
> Reading "the Guru Papers"at the moment. I
> recommend it to anyone who is trying to make sense
> of what the hell happened to them and how and
> why...it's very enlightening...

Hello Snapping-out,

I can so relate to you! You sound a lot like me. I stopped watching the Mooji material on-line and I also began researching. I was definitely in some kind of disassociated mental state while I was watching Moo Satsungs. I found them addictive... but after a while I did not like the "spaced-out" feeling that they gave me. It did not feel natural.

I would love to read "The Guru Papers". I found a website where you can download selected chapters of this book:

[joeldiana.com]

I also found an interesting quote from the book that I believe I can relate to:

"The most extreme form of mental control occurs when the authority is trusted completely and becomes the center of one’s identity. Sadly, society and parents insidiously put out messages from childhood on that others know what’s best. Many people are deeply conditioned to expect and hope some outside agency, power or person will solve their problems. Letting go of expectations or even wanting this is difficult, partially because what one is left with is oneself and all of one’s limitations."(p.154)

Getting involved with a guru is to abdicate your own personal freedom. Paradoxically, this can feel like a new kind of freedom, at first. It's like you return to early childhood and don't have any responsibilities anymore.... someone else makes the decisions and you just trust that they know best.

You believe that they will deliver you to some kind of 'perfect state' where you no longer have to worry about anything. But it's totally a false hope. It's a form of escapism where you are left totally vulnerable to exploitation.

It's a bit like the 'Cinderella Syndrome', which was something we used to talk about in the 80's. This is where a woman waits for a man to come along and 'rescue' her... until she meets the right man, her life hasn't even really begun. She can't feel like a complete person without a man. This belief-system leaves women open to exploitation, too. But popular culture, like Disney movies and such, really feed off these ideas. (I mean the old-fashioned Disney movies...I think the new ones are probably not as problematic.)

Posted by: Joyfree ()
Date: April 23, 2019 05:07AM

I have been following M for couple of years, attending numerous retreats and staying at his ashram for quite some time. I was fully into him and there was no other reality. Even though in the beginning I had a gut feeling that something isn’t quite right, I still stayed and after I „advanced in the teaching“ I labeled this gut feeling as „the mind“, you know, the one that is trying to keep you away from reaching that so highly praised freedom...lol
Becoming more and more blinded to the fact, that the whole thing is just about destroying your attachments to any outer source „because you don’t want to jeopardize your chance for freedom“ and while detaching from most of your life, you are getting pulled into a malicious dependency! It is very sad how many beautiful, young and talented people are wasting away „at the feet of the guru“ while transforming their aliveness into emotional numbness and giving away their power. Some just for the sake to belong, to be special, to just escape the reality of their traumas and bypass it and sadly most of them are stuck because this has become so much their reality that they don’t have the courage and support to leave. After living in such an environment for quite some time it requires a huge amount of power or great support to just allow a little spark of the idea that it might not be that great after all and that the only thing you got after years of satsang and seva is that you are more dissociative than before.
The community is not that supportive and loving as assumed. It might look like this on the recordings or during retreats, but while living there, there is no support at all! As a matter of fact some of the people don’t even reply to your speaking. Most of them look on the ground. It is stressed at all times that the speaking is to be reduced only to the „practical“ things, no other interactions are welcomed since you are there for freedom after all. The people are in complete mind control and under hypnosis. And they are afraid! They are afraid not to say or do something wrong! That’s why most choose not to speak at all. Doing seva is really hard labour under constant surveillance. There is a recorded satsang where a girl speaks to M about being not able to keep up with the requested work, she was in tears being afraid that she can not please him. He replied by asking her what kind of job she is doing. While she answered that she’s in the office, he completely downplayed it, saying that this should not be a big deal to work in the office. I don’t know if he is aware of how hard and how many hours people put in free labor for him?! But he was not interested in details either! It is disgusting to witness such careless treatment on top of living in tents during winter time and I can continue endlessly.
It is important to know that doing seva doesn’t free you from paying for being there!!! If you choose to do seva during the retreats, you pay the retreat price and additionally you get to work! If you stay at the ashram you pay less, but you pay you rent and food! And get to work! After all „it’s by the grace of the guru“ that you can be there anyway!
The relationship he has is well known in the inner circle, but it is again something you are not supposed to speak of! As well as about anything concerning him. He is only to be seen as the guru and everything around and in his devotees lives happens only by his grace! These people are completely brainwashed and fully indoctrinated and they will do anything to defend him, because it is their sole reality. There is so much compassion needed for this folks!
I never understood the fact that he is allowing people to bow in front of him and kiss his feet. They can make millions of videos stating that he is not asking for this, where everyone knows that he is allowing it. This should be enough. But being in this kind of dissociative environment puts people completely off any sense of self, to the extent that they are in complete denial and everyone questioning anything about M is seen as an enemy, taken over by the mind, loosing any chance for freedom. While they are blind to the fact that they‘ve closed themselves into a fortress.
How would M explain his teaching when members of his inner circle, living with him constantly for many years, speak up in satsang, overflown by tears that they still can’t „find that space“ and „the mind“ is constantly interfering!? When does the invitation to freedom or satsangs work?
It is thanks to places like this, that one might read something and get a cold shower! A wake up call! This is how it happened for me and I‘m very grateful for this and people who have the courage to speak the truth!!!

Date: April 23, 2019 05:40AM

Joyfree,

All I can say is “YES” to everything you have written.

Thank you for your words. I am sure they will resonate with any one of these beautiful people upon reading them.

You are loving and kind to write this with all the power of insight you have gained.

It will help others. They will see you understand.

Yes! People from Sahaja deserve and need our compassion not judgement.

I know first hand that when I was done working at Sahaja it was super late and the people in the office remained there all hours of the night. They work for love for him and to try to get all the demands met. A few I saw crying. And no one trusts anyone there really, it seems. And no one does speak about anything that would just be a normal conversation. People don’t even know others real names.

Thank you for your contribution. I truly hope you are well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.