Current Page: 69 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: January 31, 2019 04:18AM

PapajisaysNO,
Thanks for your statements, I definitely believe that, I appreciate that and I see within a real spiritual freedom. Indeed, It’s also the therapy for everybody who has experienced (I am not excluded). Please, do not hesitate to share more detailed stories, put in time, place, with Indian names, direct speech, and atc to show the Mooji’s non-enlightenment state, self-love, misconduct, and false spirituality of the Mooji's hardcore devotees, now is the right time for it.
My parole is: "Mooji, I know who I am, but who are you?"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2019 04:21AM by Horowitz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: January 31, 2019 05:14AM

I completely agree with Horowitz, that you PapajisaysNO! We need as many first hand accounts as we can get here...

I just saw this today on Spiritual Wiki... scroll down to the english section:
Whistleblower - Disclosure and disenchantment of prominent perpetrators

It's about half way down the page...

It's great:

Five interrelated factors are required for the exposure of abusive spiritual leaders.
Disenchantment of cult leaders and criminal central figures – from the vantage point of media logic

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: January 31, 2019 05:33AM

Hi PapajisaysNO,

Thank you for sharing your very in-depth account of your time with Moo. I can relate to everything you have written. I never went to Monte Saharja, but I did get intensely involved with the online Moo Sangha, there for a while.

It's fascinating that some people, including Khrishnabai, believe that Moo is God. Strangely enough, I can understand it, because that is what he seems to be promoting himself as, although he never comes right out and says it, of course.

But once you are in such a state where you are effected by his trance-like monologues.... You are very, very open to suggestion and Moo subtly hints that he is all-wise, all-knowing, and that he alone has the power to reveal the real truth.... the Ultimate Truth. Of course, if you did believe in God to begin with, you could easily start to associate Moo with God. It is not such a big leap of faith, really.

I see how it could happen.

What most concerns me about your testimony is the level of fear you describe in the Moo compound. People feel afraid to leave... and so they stay. People feel afraid to speak the truth in front of Moo, and so they tell lies. It must be a very unsatisfying way to live.... It must be like being in a psychological prison.... which is what a cult is, I suppose.

People describe staying in cults even when they absolutely knew for certain that all kinds of abuse was being perpetrated. But they were able to somehow justify the need for such abuse.... After all the leader was God-like and God would know what was good for them. The cult members know longer knew what was right.... Or wrong.

You see it again and again, where ex-cult members say that their Guru did some pretty weird stuff, but they dismissed it as being necessary to "wake them up". This creates a culture where the leader, the "Guru" (or whatever he or she might call themselves,) can do no wrong.

The cult members live in absolute fear of putting a foot wrong, but the Guru is always in the right.

Posted by: Djasanath ()
Date: January 31, 2019 09:56PM

Hello everyone,

thank you for your commitment to the topic.
Today Mooji respond to the rumors.

What else to say after all...

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Intheflow ()
Date: January 31, 2019 09:58PM

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM MOOJI FOUNDATION
31 JANUARY 2019

In recent weeks, it has come to our attention that certain individuals - many anonymous - have taken to digital platforms to spread false and harmful rumours about our teacher, Mooji, and this great community that we have built out of love, trust, and a quest for Truth. It is with sadness that we read such unfounded rumours. In our hearts we know that it is the truth that will ultimately endure.

Moojibaba strongly rejects and refutes any statements levied against him that suggest he acted in any way with improper or nefarious intent. This is simply false. Moojibaba is dedicated to the self-realisation and freedom of every genuine seeker of Truth; indeed, this is his life’s work. He wishes well even the cynics, but we will not stand by while anonymous individuals baselessly mud-sling and defame him and the community, for their own personal self-interest and gain.

We have sought counsel to guide us as to potential courses of action, and will pursue any and all remedies available in order to uphold Mooji’s good name, goodwill and reputation.

We are with you in spirit and Truth,

Mooji Foundation Ltd

[Moderator's note: It is against the rules you agreed to before posting here to share contact information on this message board. Please don't do so again or you may be banned from the message board.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2019 11:24PM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: Djasanath ()
Date: January 31, 2019 09:59PM

Yes, this is a message, but there is also the video that I posted above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2019 10:09PM by Djasanath.

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: January 31, 2019 11:11PM

From the video:

"God would not uphold or support anyone who is taking advantage of his children."

hmmm, not exactly an airtight defense

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 01, 2019 12:11AM

Intheflow:

Your post seems like a threat to silence critics and former members of the Mooji group that have chosen to post here.

Please understand that this message board and the Cult Education Institute has been sued five times after such threats were made. All the the lawsuits were dismissed and none went to trial.

One group (Gentle Wind Project) was subsequently investigated and shut down by authorities.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Another group (The Church of Immortal Consciousness) was ordered to pay legal costs after losing its lawsuit.

NXIVM, a notorious "sex cult" sued and lost and its leader Keith Raniere is now locked up pending a criminal trial scheduled in April.

Landmark Education dismissed its own lawsuit against the Cult Education Institute rather than face discovery.

Landmark sought disclosure of the individual identity of people posting at this message board. But a federal court denied Landmark's request and no such information was ever disclosed.

Another group (Pure Bride Ministries) allowed its lawsuit to be dismissed apparently fearing the cost of protracted litigation.

See [culteducation.com]

The Cult Education Institute was represented pro bono (for free) by an array of attorneys, law firms and institutions such as the Berkman Center at Harvard and Public Citizen of Washington D.C.

If in fact Moojibaba is blameless and seriously interested in protecting his "good name, goodwill and reputation" complete transparency would be a meaningful step in that direction.

1. Where can the public go to see a full and complete disclosure cncerning the finances of the Mooji group and specific detailed disclosure how all funds are spent including salaries, compensation and expenses? How much does Moojibaba receive in compensation for housing, expenses, etc.

2. What meaningful accountability does Moojibaba have concerning his conduct? Who is he accountable to and how does that accountability work? Is he a virtual dictator over the organization or what?

3. What mistakes has the Mooji group made that may have contributed to the controversy reflected by criticism by former members? Has Moojibabab done anything wrong or made any mistakes that might have caused his followers to become critical and/or leave? Is Moojibaba totally blameless? Has he never made a mistake?

Please understand that attacking Mooji critics personally is not a response to these questions and ad hominem attacks are against the rules you agreed to before posting here.

Here are some basic "Warning Signs" to keep in mind about controversial groups.

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

9. The group/leader is always right.

10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2019 12:31AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: February 01, 2019 12:21AM

It’s all just “Fake News” folks, move along. Nothing to see here.

Mooji Trump

Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: February 01, 2019 01:11AM

I feel the love for the critics or wait his venom.

He ought to say anyone feeling wronged by me or my group please know I sincerely regret any harm you feel I’ve caused you it was not my intention. He has zero humility.

On that note, clearly his attorneys are tracking this site and so you give your cards away when you publish any details you have. That is why I won’t post what if any evidence I may or may not have in digital form or otherwise on this site.

If a legitimate investigation into this organization is ever conducted and I will know as I am an investigator. I will cooperate and hand over what I may have.

No names, dates, etc is safe to post online and gives him access to what people have. Then he can defend or delete that from his end. People may also be harmed by naming them.

That’s why my posts are vague.

He had to say something but it’s meant to be awfully intimidating for anyone to come forward and that has really made a difference here.

Best wishes Moo. We feel your love and send it back to you ten fold.

Current Page: 69 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.