Current Page: 43 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 11, 2018 08:26AM

Public welfare.

What about the reports of fire hazard in one of the Monte Sahaja work stations that reportedly may have triggered a fire that required evacuation of 150 ashram residents?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: At Monte Sahaja can you keep your passport?
Posted by: StartingOver ()
Date: November 11, 2018 09:11AM

Corboy,

We kept our passports but they made copies of them.

If someone was kicked out then it was a swift leave, im not sure if they had the same perks as someone leaving who decided to leave on their own.If you decided to leave on yor own and Moo was ok with it then you had people waiting around to give you a hug and a van whisked you off to the nearest station.

They can get the contact of friends but if Moo kicked you out then im certain that no one there will contact you.

Im not sure about taking supplies or even why someone would honestly.

There have been people who fled without telling anyone.

Posted by: Wombat ()
Date: November 11, 2018 05:56PM

Interesting that on one hand Mooji is accused of keeping people trapped in his ashram, and on the other hand he is accused of periodically kicking them out.

So which is it? Are people trapped with no way to leave? Or are they periodically encouraged to leave? I get the sense that more people want to be there than there is room, so I find it a bit hard to believe that anyone is actually being manipulated to stay beyond their own wish to be there

I guess it is possible that someone may have been there for years and now can't imagine being anywhere else, but that is a human thing, not a "cult" thing. When I had an unhealthy lifestyle, I felt trapped and couldn't imagine any other life -- but the 'trap' was just my lack of motivation to change. When I changed I felt like I had come out of a cage, but no-one had forced me into it.

Constantin, just leave if you are not happy. It might not be as dramatic as you imagine. I know people there and I don't get the sense that they are being manipulated to stay or pressured not to have outside contact. How long have you been there? Maybe it's just time for a change.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2018 06:00PM by Wombat.

Posted by: happytown ()
Date: November 11, 2018 08:48PM

> Moo being only an employee may indicate that he
> doesn't really have much power in the
> organisation, although of course they are reliant
> on him to keep on parroting the ridiculous
> bullsh*t he goes on with.

That is not the case at all. Although it may come in handy as an argument, if a "Sheela" is required to scapegoat at a later date.

Date: November 11, 2018 08:56PM

Wombat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting that on one hand Mooji is accused of
> keeping people trapped in his ashram, and on the
> other hand he is accused of periodically kicking
> them out.
>
> So which is it? Are people trapped with no way to
> leave?

Or perhaps there are different levels of involvement in the group, from casual Youtube watcher, all the way up to slave/co-dependent narcissist. As Notmoses describes:

[pairadocks.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2018 09:09PM by happytown.

Re: Recipe For Fear Amid the Bliss - Banishment & Unfriending
Date: November 11, 2018 09:16PM

corboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> You've been shamed to forget that YOUR seva
> service, your money, your laughter and your
> adoration BUILT Monte Sahaja.
>
> You've been shamed to forget that YOU gave Moo
> your love and benefit of the doubt.
>
> YOu've been shocked and shamed to forget that Moo
> is not giving you that same love nor giving you
> that same benefit of the doubt.
>
> How do you pull yourself together to get out of
> Portugal after you've been savaged this way?
>

The Guru never owes you the loyalty you must show them. Somewhere along the line, everyone in a cult starts to accept this.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 11, 2018 09:48PM

Wombat.

The single most salient principle that explains the seeming inconsistencies of an authoritarian leader's behavior is that it's all about control.

That is, authoritarian leaders of groups called "cults" like what they control and don't like what they likely cannot control.

So people that the leader thinks are problematic and/or difficult to control may be thrown out and people the leader wants to control and/or feels fairly sure can be controlled are kept in.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: November 11, 2018 10:12PM

Sahara71, Thanks,

1.The Mooji Foundation- registered under it's current name since 2011. Registered Charity number: 114401:

This Mooji foundation made in year 2016 about 2 mils Euros: (http://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-details/?regid=1144016&subid=0)
In year 2018 may be similar 2 mils (only estimation)
Mooji’s salary in foundation: $31,400 a year.

2. Associacao Mooji Sangha -this is the ashram in Portugal. It is also a charity, but it is financially and otherwise supported by the Mooji Foundation. So funds are shunted from the 1st charity to the 2nd charity. Asociacao Mooji Sangha is decribed officially as a 'project' of the Moo Foundation:

It is not clear what company or foundation ran these profitable retreats in 2018 with Satsang fees only: Intense Satsang –Lisbon-February: €220 x1500 people = €300 000, Zmar Retreat-Portugal-April: €375 x 850 people = €318 000, Zmar Retreat-Portugal-October: €375 x 850 people = €318 000, Monte Sahaja Retreat-June: €550 x 120 people = €66 000, Netherlands Retreat-August: €330 x 1500 people = €495 000. Added together, it will be about 1.5 mils Euros (only estimation).

3. Mooji Media LTD:

I think this company is involved in the Mooji’s TV Sahaja express, €25 a month with 500 members = €150 000 a year plus some published books, musics, and other records. (only estimation)

I do not know where Mooji and his crew pay taxes or even if they pay any corporate taxes at all, in London in the UK (address?) or in EU? This financial summary could be sent there for just checking. Mooji's and the foundations brutto(gross) incomes could be about 3.5-4 mils Euros this year 2018.
I have never heard about Rhonda Lee Johnson, she may be only “”a white horse” there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2018 10:23PM by Horowitz.

Before We Were Distracted: Discussions of Moo and Money
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 11, 2018 10:31PM

Now that we are discussing the money angle of Moo's circus, expect more attempts at distraction and disruption.

Think what cats do to hide their poo -- scuffle a lot and raise dirt and dust.

For those interested, here are some earlier discussions of Moo and moola.

('Moola' is old fashioned American slang for money)

Moo and money

Yesterday's discussion

Horowitz November 11, 2018 06:12AM

[forum.culteducation.com]

Sahara71 November 10, 2018 03:37PM

Horowitz November 04, 2018 04:38AM (Moo's estimated 'take' from various sources)

Date: November 11, 2018 10:35PM

>
> It's very interesting that the Moo Cult Compound
> (offcially called the Associacao Mooji Sangha
> ashram) states as it's aim:
>
> "The promotion of moral and spiritual welfare
> for the public benefit."

>

It's interesting to note that the group and the guru has become LESS easy to access as a result of such prosperity. All the free person-hours put into building the place, and now how easy is it to get in? In the end, WHO is benefitting?

According to this article, there are 40 to 60 people living regularly in the ashram.

Is that an accurate representation of the ashram environment? Since 150 were apparently evacuated during the fire, it seems not.

But it perhaps tells us how many people are in the inner circle.

[www.publico.pt]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2018 10:52PM by happytown.

Current Page: 43 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.