Current Page: 296 of 296
Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: Leslie Read ()
Date: January 07, 2022 09:31AM

I feel they are legit but as with, perhaps, many who awake to Wholeness suddenly they seem stuck in a typically Absolutist, bypassing ‘position’ that heavy denies our Humanness.

While ‘The Work’ of Byron Katie has never resonated with me, as an approach I have heard of way too many instances of harmful advice she has given on this human plane.

I’ll take an ordinary Human...any day...who knows and feels they are already (the) Divine
over
a spiritual Being who denies their Humanity.

Some examples of BK’s teaching… “Boundaries are an act of selfishness,” and my personal non-favorite, “Victims are violent people.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: antman ()
Date: January 17, 2022 11:39PM

I was thinking about my history of reading ET, and listening to his talks, and decided to come post in this thread.

I do own the BK book with The Work, I never got into it. I found The Work to be a waste of time.

ET had an immediate effect though and I was reading TPON again and again. This was between 2010 and 2013. This influences me even today.

The most helpful aspects of the book appear to be the things ET cherry picks from different religious traditions and philosophies.

The most harmful aspects of the book, for me, were his personal anecdotes. (Telling the reader not to think, to accept as the truth, lovebombing, if you are reading this book you are spiritually ready, etc)

That said. I had immense state of bliss by reading parts of the book and meditating. Was this all fake?

The ideas that I liked were

-metaphysical things, like you always existed and can never die
-you can come to know yourself through the breath and body awareness
-The present moment is the only place where anything can happen

I'll leave it at that. I am at the point where I feel these ideas are just wishful thinking and used by cults to deceive people.

This has led me to some kind of nihilism void. However I'd rather seek the truth than fall into wishful thinking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Current Page: 296 of 296

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.