Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Date: September 18, 2010 04:10PM

Yes, I must ask along with Blackhat why Casey "chooses" to remain in Kenya.....(thank you for bringing the matter up, Blackhat)

I have wondered if in fact Casey is not now in a similar situation to Gary, where McKay with held his passport (Conversion of goods...a prosecutable crime!),in India, in order to punish him, once it became obvious he would be leaving the organization....

Were Caseys passport to be withheld from him, (until he was forced by adverse circumstances to "come to his senses" and resubmit to McKay) that would explain why he has remained "outcast" in Kenya.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2010 04:26PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 18, 2010 04:31PM

Oh and there is also the small matter of the location of Caseys return tickets....."safely" stored in Rob's back pocket, perhaps?

Were Casey not to be able to access his own tickets, it would of course be problematic for him to make alternate arrangements home....

Thank you for your earlier observations about the psychological processes involved here, Zeusor....your studies are showing through!

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: September 18, 2010 04:59PM

In the UK we have a growing problem of women trafficked from Eastern Europe and Africa for the sex-trade who are caught in slavery because the handler keeps their passports from them.

Those helping such women first try to get the passports back from the handlers. They often fail so the next step is to report the passport as stolen at the embassy or consulate and explain the circumstances--- as it is an offence to withold someones passport.
A substitute travelling pass or new passport can be issued and help (in the form of a loan) can often be given by the embassy or consulate to get the traveller back to his own country.

Something that I have learnt on my own travels is to surrender my passport to no-one----ever, and to always have a notarised (signed and stamped by a notary as a genuine copy) colour photo-copy of it kept somewhere else in my belongings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2010 05:08PM by Stoic.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 18, 2010 08:09PM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Oh and there is also the small matter of the location of Caseys return tickets....."safely" stored in Rob's back pocket, perhaps?

Were Casey not to be able to access his own tickets, it would of course be problematic for him to make alternate arrangements home....

Thank you for your earlier observations about the psychological processes involved here, Zeusor....your studies are showing through!

You are welcome, Malcolm. Yes, I take my studies very seriously.

JC members live under constant fear and are scared to death. Fear is what holds them in the "community." DM instills intense fear in his members. JC day to day life must be difficult and exceedingly stressful because the members live in constant fear. Fear is the glue that holds them together.

As soon as I walked in that room all those years ago and met the assembled JCs, I could tell that I was in the presence of a group of people who were all in a lot of fear and who were being tightly controlled. I started feeling fearful myself, and left quickly. They just spooked me.

The JCs are little more than the McKay Family Business, and DM himself is really just a piece of trash, frankly.

The way I see it, the Jesus Christians really do not know what they believe, other than that 1) They are personally and spiritually superior to the rest of The Church, as well as to society in general and 2) (related to 1) that everybody is a hypocrite except for them. Jesus Christian belief and world view seem to pretty much boil down to those two points.

The Jesus Christians' members like to freely spread the thought amongst themselves that no one on the earth holds a valid view point on any subject except for members of their group.

Most people would (and do) respond to that arrogant idea by simply saying, “they’re crazy.”

I am of the opinion that Mr. and Mrs. McKay are very disappointed that they didn't become major "players" who got to lead a "movement" of their own.

From Armageddon for Beginners:

Solomon was a good man; but he can't hold a candle to Christ. Nor can anyone who was ever born. As Christ said in prophecies about the last days, people will find many replacements for the true Messiah. (Matthew 24:24) But when they do, their replacement (whoever it may be) becomes an antichrist. (I John 2:18; II John 6-7) The so-called Christian church would rather follow St. Paul, or the Pope, or Billy Graham, or, for that matter, Solomon, than to follow Christ.

See also The Fall of America, Just Do It! and Bin Raiders more for writings about Billy Graham.

The Jesus Christians, in like manner, are following David McKay rather than following Christ.

But it's hard to see the picture when you're in the frame, right?

David McKay is implying something in the above texts about how God chose Billy Graham to be an apostle and raise up communities, but Graham chose to defile his conscience in the pursuit of world renown as an evangelist. McKay is basically saying that Billy Graham loves power and fame more than his calling.

In talking in such a disparaging manner about Billy Graham, David McKay gives a really good definition of himself, as it is obvious to me that he loves power and acclaim.

However, the Jesus Christians' "know it all attitude" thankfully only puts people off, and attracts only a mere unfortunate few.

The God of the Jesus Christians punishes and fails to forgive. DM constantly criticizes the faults, weak points and lacks of denominational churches. DM has a knack for identifying the inconsistencies and hypocrisies within the churches, but he also belittles them. DM puts words to what many people, especially young people, feel. There is still this 60’s and early 70’s-style rebellious streak that is still in him; he doesn’t want to cooperate with The System. He continually berates many Christians, even though a considerable number of them have over the years aided him in his work of forming and maintaining the JCs.

If a cult leader maintains control of a follower’s mind, then they can manipulate them. They don’t need to go after their money directly or steal from them. If the cult leader exerts and continues control over the followers mind, then he has access to everything that belongs to the follower.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is my opinion of DM. Every former member that I have read of expresses the same thought about DM and his lust for power and control. The early JCs began with some honorable intentions, but as DM garnered more and more power he became blinded. He is leading all the JCs into a ditch.

In making these statements I am not interested in seeking revenge nor am I trying to be cruel. I am trying to inform people so they can make a choice based on facts. We all know that the JCs will never change as long as DM is the sole uncontested leader. DM may write new teachings or they may live in new places or they may wear their hair different or wear different clothes but the basic theme will always be obedience to DM and his teachings. DM exercises sole unchallenged control over the JCs with no one to keep him in check. DM promotes the idea of checks and balances in his teachings, and that no one person should ever exert sole leadership of a religious movement or community, but his own lifestyle runs contrary to his teachings.

The JCs maintains its own criteria for judging fruit which states “Judge a tree by its fruit. If the fruit is rotten the tree is rotten.” They proclaim that the JCs are for everyone and that those who fail to respond will suffer physical and spiritual death. Community members believe that Jesus only grants protection to them. Young adults leave their parents to join with the JCs. The man and wife relationship is repeatedly tempered with, as well. Because people can’t implicitly obey David McKay some have attempted suicide. Some ex-members have reportedly committed suicide. Although the JCs outwardly promote personal relationships with non-members, these friendships are not allowed to develop or flourish. Many remain in the JCs 5 or 10 years, or for however long, and then get kicked out or they may decide to leave which reduces them to zero financially, spiritually and emotionally. What kind of shape are these folks reduced to after contact with the JCs? This is the visible fruit of the Jesus Christians.

The Jesus Christians should use their own criteria to judge themselves. If they did they would disband and everyone would leave today.

Date: September 26, 2010 10:08AM

David is obviously feeling very "traumatized" about the whole PR implosion around Peter....

In ever desperate defence of himself, as usual, he makes the illogical, self contradictory long winded ramble

we have (yawn!) come to know only too well, of the self centered and the vindictive,

I actually believe that McKay can look through back his own work,

and yet to think to himself that he is not in any way, obliged to be logical or internally consistent

(i.e. He is insane)

While he knows that none of his minions will openly confront him....

...he'll still be being plagued by gnawing doubts at the moment,

about how much damage has been done to the "aura of his authority"

That current "The administrator has disabled public write access" across the board, on all threads, on the JC Forum site,

is among other things, an ever so subtle hint....of furious anguish and fevered "hand wringing" behind the scenes....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2010 10:13AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: September 26, 2010 07:47PM

DM hates anything that he cannot control, and has suffered a great deal of narcissistic injury over the last few years. He must find all of this very hard to deal with.

He is a psychopath. People like him cannot be reasoned with, and they cannot be changed or reformed.

People like him cannot have friends, as they are incapable of having truly reciprocal relationships with others.

People like DM are incapable of experiencing love.

People like him only have fans, and only see opportunities.

But also, people like him are usually their own worst enemies.

He is just a toxic, poisoned and poisonous, monstrous and evil man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2010 07:54PM by zeuszor.

Date: September 26, 2010 09:59PM

How can DM or the Jesus Christians ever be challenged from anybody outside of their circle? In the Jesus Christians' minds, to question DM's authority or legitimacy is to reveal that one is not "in the Spirit." Therefore, both he and the group are beyond criticism or evaluation. It is analogous to saying, "We are God's group because we have the truth. We have the truth because we are God's group." This is circular reasoning that justifies the Jesus Christians' own existence, as well as DM's "Divine Authority." Thus, no truly honest dialogue with any of them can ever take place.

Date: September 27, 2010 05:11AM

Acknowledgments to the other site...

SOURCE: [www.theatre.asn.au]
PtolemyGlenn

Volunteer Actors and Actress needed

I'm making an independent movie called Honour Thy Mother and Thy Father. I am looking for some voluntter actors and actress to appear in it. The movie is about a religious cult and the story focuses on the cult, 2 new recruits, and a mother trying to get her daughter out of the group.
It's a small prduction, but my goal is to raise awarness about cults etc.
I am looking for 1 woman to play one of the leads. She becomes a new recruit, and slowly she becomes indoctrinated.
Also looking for a few more females and males to play other cults members.
I am also looking for an older man 4o+ and an oler woman 35+ to play the roles of Mother and Father.
Also needed a 1 or 2 people to play helpers to a cult expert who help him try and kidnap one of the cult woman.
Am looking for any nationality, as a mixed group of people make it look more beleivable.
The location is in melbourne. All you need to do is apply and pretty much. WOrking on the script as we speak, but its slowed down until i get the parts filled.

Poor PG. He must be retarded or something.

I wonder if DM knows about this...?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 05:23AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: September 27, 2010 05:45PM

Maybe Glenn had a burst of creative energy, where he began his blog and his idea of a movie.

Well the blog has not been updated, and the movie has yet to be seen, although maybe it is in the making.

Life is hard in independent movie world!

His synopsis is interesting, in that it mirrors some real life cases.

The inclusion of cult-busters is also interesting.

I guess we have to wait to see it at an arthouse premier for off-beat films to find out how he portrays it, if it ever gets off the ground. ....

Date: September 27, 2010 06:10PM

I thought that he was somehow in the Australian military...?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.