Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: aghast ()
Date: May 27, 2010 12:05AM

The forum rules are now crystal clear to me, thanks for clearing that up Rick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 27, 2010 10:31PM

aghast:

Good.

Glad everything is now clear to you.

In the future if you wish to post here the topic as stated is "'Jesus Christians,' 'Australian cult,' Dave McKay."

Posts should be focused on the topic.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 27, 2010 11:48PM

Date: May 28, 2010 12:23AM

Date: May 28, 2010 01:33AM

Date: May 28, 2010 05:17AM

Cait, you are a nice person, and a mother who won the struggle to free her son.

I make my points in a robust fashion, and try and put a fine point on what I am trying to express, but sometimes when I get worked up I go into encounter group mode and have a tendency to lash out.

Many may perceive tendency of mine this as abusive in nature, and I would do well to learn a lesson in perspective-taking in many instances. This is what psychologists would call developing a better sense of "theory of mind."

This is especially easy for me to slip into when I am communicating via an online venue; if we were having the same discussion in person I would be much more reticent, soft-spoken and polite. The way I present myself in my online persona here, and the way I would present in person are really quite different.

For me to have mouthed off against you earlier (so to speak) was as the same as if I had at taken a swing at a nun.

That was a grave mistake for me to have made, and for this I offer you my apology and ask for your forgiveness. For this, I am very sorry.

I stand by my expressed opinions with respect to DM's nature (as well as certain other things); however, I should have communicated them in a much, much more diplomatic fashion.

May I please have your forgiveness, ma'am?

We all basically have the same goal, and all basically agree with one another that DM and the JCs are a problem, am I right?

The Dude Abides!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2010 05:46AM by zeuszor.

Date: May 28, 2010 08:59AM

An interesting "can of worms" that will no doubt be opened in the not too distant future,

is the issue of "probate".....or in other words, little Davids "last Will and Testament"

(although I suppose one could always argue that he is NOT of "sound mind" and that hence the document is invalid)

Between the (promised) "world cruises" and the money that he can spash about on "lawyers" (who by the greatest coincidence all appear to be committed Scientologists....funny that, eh!)

It seems that David would have acquired a nice little "nest egg" of his very own, down the years....

No-one in the JesusChristians have "shares" or "proprietary rights"

hence David is not "encumbered" in how he distributes his ill-gotten gains

Naturally he will want his empire to "soldier on"....he'll have to pick out the best "next in command" then,

Exactly "who" will get "what" I wonder.....

Date: May 28, 2010 10:32AM

One wonders just how much of the JCs' capital is actually in DM's name?

In other words, when he goes, how much does he technically have to leave to anybody?

Probably not much, relatively speaking. If they held too many assets, they'd likely be jeopardizing their pensions.

For instance, the cult is believed to have purchased 7 acres of land in Kenya known as Takatifu Gardens.

Sources in Kenya tell us this is a farm in Bungoma.

Buildings on the land form part of the group’s assets.

But it is believed that the land is vested in the names of the cult’s oldest members, but not actually in DM's, nor his consort's.

Most of the JCs' stuff is likely in DM's oldest daughter and son-in-law's names.

Though we do know that DM held at least one vehicle in his own name. It is/was a Blue/Green Toyota Station Wagon, with plate number UEP 188.

Also, he's been known to travel in a Blue Nissan EH Campervan. (AH 16 BH), as well as a white campervan with blue stripe around the middle. (ZJP 329).

I have pictures of these vehicles, too, but have no scanner now with which to scan and post these pictures.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: May 28, 2010 07:30PM

a white campervan with blue stripe around the middle. (ZJP 329).

I think I saw that one the other day, on Stud Road near Knox City...

What is your recommendation?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2010 08:00PM by Blackhat.

Date: May 28, 2010 09:30PM

In the event of a sighting of DM and/or his consort: if you are able to positively identify them, I would recommend recording the details of when and where they were sighted, the vehicle they were traveling in and its plate number, along with whatever other details you feel are relevant, and report the information to law enforcement and Centrelink right away. Also, I would report such a sighting here or at some other public online forum.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.