Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: June 09, 2008 02:46PM

Cherry is concerned about the Quakers and a very private piece of information about Dave.

[welikejesus.com]

Check what Dave wrote on a Kidney Donation Forum back in February:

[www.livingdonorsonline.org]

Could this be the information to which she refers, and its source?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: furry faerie ()
Date: June 09, 2008 04:21PM

hey coolhermit, how does 300 pages of negative stuff written about someone illustrate anything about a cult leader's vanity?

Unless of course it was all written by himself under various pyseudonyms (sp?)!

Consider that what he was saying just had a very strong negative impression. I believe in balance, so I can't believe that there are no people who have had a very strong positive impression as well (and as such they wouldn't be inclined to post here, or even be aware of such a site as Rick Ross).

hey Talamasca, to me it seems very Christian to get someone to consider all the possibilities of any life changing decision that they might be thinking of making. Wasn't it Jesus himself who told his followers to 'count the cost' of becoming one of his disciples?

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: June 09, 2008 10:33PM

furry faerie, I think cool hermit was speaking about the vanity in not addressing the genuine concerns that have been raised within these now,
320 pages.

I have been researching Dave McKay for quite some time and I am hard pressed to find people who have a strong positive impression of him, apart from existing Jesus Christians and a handful of associates. Some of who, even themselves, appear to support him to his face, yet seem to like sharing interesting negative tidbits about him.

Perhaps you could suggest he start a positve endorsement section on his website where all the people (apart from those I have mentioned) could leave their positive impressions. Perhaps family members could share how glad they are to have their children be a part of his cult, etc.

Lastly, I think you are right about Jesus telling people to, "count the cost" of becoming his disciples. But we are not talking about Jesus and his disciples. We are talking about Dave and as Brian rightly pointed out. You're not Jesus Dave!

The Bible has a lot to say about false teachers and the duty of Christians to defend the faith. I agree with you that it is very Christian to get someone to consider all the possibilities of any life changing decision that they were thinking of making. One of the possibilities could be that they are joining a cult and in that case, it would be only fitting that we make them aware of the risks and possible consequences.

Posted by: Coolhermit ()
Date: June 10, 2008 12:54AM

Sorry for the delay: There has been 320 pages of some guy (or his acolytes) refusing to countenance that there might be something rotten in the state of Denmark (metaphorically speaking) when any man who truly lived in the light of truth might reflect on his spiritual condition, be grateful for any criticism and take steps to put himself right rather than spin and accuse and obfuscate.

There again I always was an optimist.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: June 10, 2008 05:27AM

Cherry continues Dave's evil pages of lies that Private Eyes is David Lowe.

Let me point something out to you Cherry, you may be more sensible than your husband!

If David Lowe, who lives in Queensland, Australia, is Private Eyes, then he never posts before the early afternoon, and makes regular posts between 2 and 5 am. Strange don't you think? He lives odd hours unless he works in nightclubs full-time!

However, if Private Eyes is in America, he makes his postings between around 7 in the morning and up until the evening, with the occasional late night, like most regular folk.

You can do a search on his postings to verify the times he makes them if you want to. Remember this site is in American time unless you are logged in, when you can set it to local time.

C'mon Dave, you're the great detective who can work out who people are; haven't you done this yet?

Think about it. Do it. And then explain to us the strange hours David Lowe keeps!!!!!

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 10, 2008 05:44AM

How many times must I tell you about PE?

He is a Korean and his name is Mr. Kyoo, first name Fa (say FAH).

Quote me here: Fa Kyoo, David!

OK seriously though: here's a video of PE. PE is really a woman...Miss Cleo!

[www.youtube.com]

We're keepin' it real!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2008 06:00AM by zeuszor.

Date: June 10, 2008 09:45AM

Funny, Zeuszor. I thought I was Mother!

But seriously:

Blackhat I think your heart is in the right place. However, I believe the Quakers could get David LOWE and his wife (?) and strap them to a chair in Devonshire Street. I would of course still continue to post and Dave would probably then say I was LOWE's cousin or Grandma. Rather than admit he is wrong.

Remember at one stage Dave said I was Adrian van LEEN. Then I was only pretending to be Adrian and then in an even more bizarre twist, that Adrian was pretending to be me!

You will also recall that even you were supposed to be me at one stage or wasn't it David LOWE's wife or grandmother? Have any of those posts been removed?

I think if Dave obtained all the correspondence from the person who leaked him his "so called" evidence, he would realise that this person was actually relaying Dave's thoughts about who he thought I was and that I had supposedly stayed at Friends House, etc. I never stated that I was David LOWE, that I stayed at Friends House, etc to him. I am prepared to accept that someone called David LOWE may have stayed at Friend's House. It certaintly appears he went to a CIFS seminar, but that is where the similarities end. I simply sent someone (his source?) a brochure on the same seminar in order to help his supposedly suicidal friend.

It would be silly of me now to deliberately out myself, particularly if Dave is prepared to stake out literary seminars in order to identify me. Dave's support of violence in the form of whippings, could be bad for my health! In addition, I am a far more effective Investigator if people don't know who
I am.

Posted by: blacksheep ()
Date: June 10, 2008 10:12AM

McKay is not a very competent detective much less a competent theologian/prophet. I know I have been away for a few days. However, I was doing my own further investigation into McKay and the JC community. I actually sat through far more episodes of Jeremy Kyle than I can usually stomach (he reminds me of Geraldo Riveria). Any rate, the more I watched, the more I noticed a couple of small things I had not previously noticed. McKay really looked rather uncomfortable on that stage. I also noticed he never once directly answered anything. He did answer those things that were asked, but not once did I hear a direct answer. I know I had previously dismissed this thinking the questions were deceptive, but the more I listened, the more honest I realized the questions were. Perhaps McKay would do better by taking time to stop posting on his forum and to sit down and honestly evalute his situation and the future of the JC community. He may really want to reconsider some of his teachings and ask if perhaps he hasn't gone beyond his credible expertise (at the very least give evidence of an Associate degree in something and then stick to working within your degree).

I don't remember if it was here or the other forum where I posted this, but I will again post this. McKay is getting old and sooner or later he will befall that which befalls all of us, and that is death. I have not seen nor heard of any plans for whom is to assume the leadership of the JC community upon his death. Indeed, there is not even an indication as to whom might be best qualified to assume McKay's position. Of course I am positive that McKay will want somebody that will "stay the course" when the simple truth is that the JC community is in dire need of a radical change bordering upon perhaps even re-inventing themselves, which could even include an acceptance of some form regular employment, even at a part time level. Outside of that, I suspect that the JC's won't last very long after McKay is received into eternity.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 10, 2008 10:23AM

Yeah, you're Mother, and I'm Mr. Brocco: "Tell me your name! Tell me your name!"

Today I got a nice tweed jacket from the tailor shop; double-breasted, and with three buttons.

A little about me:

My father played the cello; I play the violin.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2008 10:31AM by zeuszor.

Date: June 10, 2008 12:21PM

Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Let’s see how he goes with some direct and honest answers to these:

In what month and year did you join the Children of God? How long were you a member? Were you given a Bible name? What was it? Did you use your Bible name? In what year and in what month did you become aware of the sexual teachings of the Children of God, which you have claimed to have been opposed to? How long after learning of these teachings did you remain a member? Despite those teachings, did you remain an associate member or maintain other forms of communication with the Children of God? How long did this occur?

If I were to put the suggestion to you that it was actually your wife who wanted you to leave the COG, how would you respond?

If I further suggested that she was being counselled to leave you and a compromise was reached, whereby she would leave her Church, if you left the COG, how would you respond?

Despite what you knew about the COG sexual teachings. Did you still allow COG members to visit and stay with you and your family and did you on occasion stay with COG members? For example, ex members say they stayed in Broken Hill and the Cesnur report says you stayed at a COG house in 1978.

How did your exploitation of the COG rules to establish yourself as an independent colony, with you acting as the Shepherd, work in practice. Weren’t you in fact (by nature of the suggestion) an independent COG colony?

When you allegedly state you were only a member for two weeks or three months (depending on which news article you read) are you lying by omission, by not explaining fully your years (?) of involvement with the COG?

Despite what you know about the COG’s disgusting sexual teachings and treatment of children, have you on occasions tried to reestablish contact with the COG or its other forms, the Family, etc even after you had left and were trying to operate your own, “community”?

Have you frequented COG ex member sites from time to time in order to recruit potential members? Isn't it true that the ex members response to you on these sites is generally not positive as they consider you to be running a cult, very similar in style to David Berg (albeit without the sexual teachings)?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2008 12:25PM by private eyes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.