Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Date: June 24, 2008 06:16AM

Dear Blackhat,

Thank you for the reference to the program. David Lowe deserves credit for being able to psychologically survive the horrendous experience that he has obviously been through. The strength of the man is there to be seen. (Do you have a contact email for him?)

I continue draw pleasure from the laughable exercise David has been putting himself through trying to prove that David Lowe is someone he is not (In Davids' demented little mind, he draws security from the fact that he is able to identify people and therefore better attack them in character assassinations....NOT knowing who Private Eyes is, is a source of considerable discomfort for him.....)

Eventually all the wild accusations will "magically disappear" overnight from their site (and David will deny ever having made them), but until that time, it remains a source of considerable entertainment, don't you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blacksheep ()
Date: June 24, 2008 06:34AM

I have been quietly watching this board with regards to the accusations by McKay of Mr. Lowe and I must say that McKay has caused so much trouble for Mr.Lowe, I am surprised to hear him speak out. As for McKay discontinuing his accusations, I doubt that will happen anytime soon. In fact, I expect McKay will likely call this episode a smokescreen with the intent of obfuscating the identity of privateeyes. Ever since he and the rest of the JC community went off on me simply because I wanted to take time to mull things over and attend a district convention, McKay and the JC community as it presently exists has lost considerable stature in my sight. Truthfully, what little of thier "doctrine" that can be known harmonizes better with the unitarians than it does with the quakers. McKay and Co. should quietly disassociate with the quakers and either dissolve thier organization or consider joining the unitarians. Of course, I only hold an associate degree, so what do I know?

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 24, 2008 06:55AM

Of course, I only hold an associate degree, so what do I know?

According to my Bible, knowledge puffs up, but love edifies. You could hold a PhD. but it really does not amount to a hill of beans if there is no love in your heart.

Chris, you are a nice guy and this is not an attack. But, I must say, it seems like in almost every single post you write you remind us that you hold an associate degree in theology. You might want to take a look at that. It makes you look kinda puffed up to constantly remind us. It's just plain intellectual snobbery.

To put it plainly, Chris, big deal. I do not care about your associates in theology. Congratulations on your hard work and success, but please, you don't have to remind us of it all the time. I know a few people who are highly educated idiots. Just because you hold a degree does not make you "educated" and just because I don't doesn't mean I'm not.

Chris, I have to agree with moss on this point. Having an associate degree these days has a little more weight than holding a high school diploma. It's like completing 13th grade. What kind of classroom work do I have to have to hold an associates in theology, like 30 hours?

I resent your implications and snobbery.

I don't hold a degree in anything, in fact I never even completed High School (got a GED), but I do know that DM is one sick maniac and is "off" on so many levels. I don't have to have a degree to know that.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2008 07:20AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: June 24, 2008 07:01AM

The program is online for a while at

[www.abc.net.au]

The program will be repeated about 11.35 pm Tuesday 24 June;

Date: June 24, 2008 07:05AM

I just watched the first ten minutes or so of the program. Looks good. Will watch the rest tonight.

It's interesting to know now what David Lowe looks like. I mean, I have heard so much about the man...

Posted by: Talamasca ()
Date: June 24, 2008 07:46AM

Omitted from the Quaker thread, here's how the questioning ended up:

Q. Finally, David, just for the record, can you state your address?

A. Ha! That's not really a question, is it? What are you getting at? You're persecuting me. Ha! I tried to raise the issue of my address and tie it into the scriptures, but you denied me. Ha! I don't appreciate this. It's all David Lowe's fault. He's Private Eyes. Or maybe it's Brian Birmingham. Ha! They're trying to kill me. Yeah, I get bad PR. So what? So did Jesus. Ha! Why should I give you my address? You need to be corrected for asking such a question. Whipped, even. Ha! OK, let's do our line by line -

Q. Actually, David, let's not. You belong to a repulsive little cult and we don't want you in our organization. Goodbye.

A. Ha! I hate you all. Alot.

Date: June 24, 2008 11:44AM

I've got a few new McKay clips up tonight:

[youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2008 11:45AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: June 24, 2008 04:58PM

Talamasca
Omitted from the Quaker thread, here's how the questioning ended up:

Q. Finally, David, just for the record, can you state your address?

A. Ha! That's not really a question, is it? What are you getting at? You're persecuting me. Ha! I tried to raise the issue of my address and tie it into the scriptures, but you denied me. Ha! I don't appreciate this. It's all David Lowe's fault. He's Private Eyes. Or maybe it's Brian Birmingham. Ha! They're trying to kill me. Yeah, I get bad PR. So what? So did Jesus. Ha! Why should I give you my address? You need to be corrected for asking such a question. Whipped, even. Ha! OK, let's do our line by line -

Q. Actually, David, let's not. You belong to a repulsive little cult and we don't want you in our organization. Goodbye.

A. Ha! I hate you all. Alot.

Thanks for the levity, an inspired parody!

Date: June 24, 2008 09:03PM

Dear Talamasca,

Yes! Very witty....you've really captured the paranoia very well......David's so patently malevolent towards anyone that he cannot somehow "use"....
.........yet somehow still humours himself that he can "disguise" the malice behind the bluster of feigned persecution....

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: June 24, 2008 09:03PM

Cults need money to be successful and to survive .The Jesus Christians’ cult is no exemption.

Unless its members, work for money, the wheels could quite literally start falling off their wagons. There would be no more campervans,
no fuel, no internet time, no mobile phones and no printing.

So its members take to the street in order to sell Dave’s books. The employment benefits aren’t that good, but Dave apparently tells them that the retirement plan is out of this world.

But why if Dave’s books are so popular, couldn’t they be sold in good Christian bookstores?

Well, it seems this is a case of, been there, done that.

The time was 1975, the place Broken Hill, Australia.

You can’t put God in a Box and A Letter to Rome were two books Dave wrote before he went on to form such groups as the Rappville Christians and was able to muster a team of unpaid distributors.

The books were self published and printed by an Adelaide Printing firm. They sold for a dollar, which was quite high for the time, when one considers that the local weekly newspaper sold for 20 cents a copy.

Problem is, none of the Christian bookstores wanted them.

Apart from critical newspaper articles on the books, there were two stories on TV.

In an article headed, “The Fuss over that “Bible Book”, (Broken Hill Regional Advertiser March 11, 1975) one clergyman was quoted as saying, “Mr McKay appears to want to spread love, but he has only succeeded in spreading evil”.

So fierce was the opposition to McKay’s books, that the article reported that local clergymen had written protests to one local newspaper suggesting to their members that they stay away from Mr McKay and had had words with other towns Mr McKay had visited.

A further article, "Sydney Ban on Book" (Broken Hill Regional Advertiser, May 20, 1975) quoted the Methodist Book depot in Sydney returning both titles stating, “they were not suitable for their shelves". The Catholic bookshops had also refused to allow copies of either books on their shelves.

Whilst there was a lot of hype in the articles, for example McKay’s suggestion that the books would be more popular due to their opposition, the basic message that Dave’s books were rejected appears to be true.

There are no bylines on the articles, so I am unable to give credit to the writers, but some people I talked to in Broken Hill suspect that Dave wrote the articles himself in order to help publicise his books.

Readers, who may be aware of the urgency of the prophecies of The Last Lament of America based on the writings of the Hebrew Prophet Jeremiah, might be surprised to learn that McKay had already planned to write that book as far back as 1975.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.