Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 19, 2010 03:14AM

'It's a lesson for why its everyone's social responsibility to oppose this kind of nonsense, or run the risk of enabling the bullies. '

Yes, its a nice sentiment, but not very practical to implement. You can only oppose the bullies effectively when you are yourself quite clear as to what constitutes bullying rather than the usual jockeying for social position. That takes a lot of thought and, for those who have been on the receiving end of cult dynamics, a very long time of confusion while sorting through one's own experience.
Denial is the easier option, and for those still scared by previous experience with bullies and vulnerable to further wounding, avoidance is the only realistic option.

I'm not a fan of sweeping statements that prescribe how everyone should behave, there is always a pre-supposition of a perfect world in there somewhere.

People do what they can, to the best of their always limited abilities. To quote Karl Marx, (a great thinker, although I prefer Groucho) 'From each according to his ability, to each according to his need'

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 19, 2010 10:54AM

For examples of Dave upsetting X-Family members by downplaying the crimes of the COG, go to

[www.newdaynews.com]

and use the search facility in the left hand tool-bar to search Dave McKay.

The site doesn't give url's for search results, and I don't want to clog up this thread with large extracts (Mo's letters were enough!) but they all make for interesting reading.

Date: December 19, 2010 05:53PM

Thanks for the link to that site, corboy.

[www.firstplumbline.net]

I hadn't seen it before. It's amazing just how many sites on the internet have pages devoted to saying much the same as here about the Jesus Christians, and yet Dave has targeted this site for some kind of legal action. I mean, even if in his wildest dreams he were to be successful, there are so many other sites saying the same things about the Jesus Christians on the internet, largely due to Dave's relentless search for publicity!

[www.abc.net.au]

[www.exfamily.org]

[Moderator Note: "Religious News Blog" and "Apogetics Index" may have information about "Jesus Christians," but the Ross Institute does not link to these sites run by Anton Hein see [www.culteducation.com] to better understand why]

[www.myfoxla.com]

[www.cifs.org.au]

[www.spotlightministries.org.uk]

As most of you will know, I could go on, and google is still telling me that I have at least 12 pages of references to go.

So what makes this web site so special? What makes this forum so special?

The Jesus Christians have actively sought publicity through shock tactics, from whipping to courting under-age children, using group pressure to get kidney donations, all for publicity.

It seems a bit funny, after all these years of deliberately courting publicity with shock tactics, to say that one particular web site is saying things you don't like?

I wonder if Dave is out of money, and looking for a new cash cow?

You know, that man who taught others to give up all their money and to live without money, by giving the Jesus Christians all their money.....?????

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2010 12:01AM by rrmoderator.

Date: December 19, 2010 07:10PM

If Dave had any knowledge of the abuse occurring withing the COG, he should have reported it to the authorities. We know he left that cult, to form another, and we know by his own admission he left because of their sexual practices, but if he had any knowledge of the shocking abuse, he should have reported it. I wonder if he actually knew about what was going on? He was in receipt of the Mo letters, and that should have alerted him.....

But maybe his attention was more on getting his wife back from the Church of Christ minister, and he wasn't focused on what the COG were doing? In that case, maybe you can understand him not pursuing something he would have found disgraceful with the COG.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 07:28PM by Blackhat.

Date: December 19, 2010 07:56PM

Dear Blackhat,

I had a look through the "newdaynews" site and must say that I had another (perhaps)unintended observation....the site made me thankful, VERY thankful, that if I had to spend a number of years in a cult, that it was the JesusChristians!

While Nathan and Diane and family (and Cornelius for that matter) were lovely people, I've always wonder what on earth the "attraction" was in the Children of God for them in the first place....I remain puzzled why anyone could consider committing themselves to them(obviously some people were literally born into is as minors)....I've always thought the COGS,(FAMILY) shallow and "penecostal"....the newdaynews site seemingly confirming that...

I can still remember why I found the "Christians" as they were then, an "attractive proposition" when I met them on the campus of Melbourne University,

David addressed issues that the mainstream Churches were either utterly clueless on, or deliberately avoided, put himself "on the line" for his beliefs, was prepared to seriously debate issues of importance with those in the community, and had a great deal of "direction" and "commitment".....

I've never "re-engaged" with the mainstream Churches (it's akin to being relegated to the "boy scouts" from the "Commando unit" of the Special forces), and all of the major cults (yes!... it is with benefit of some hindsight!), I find "transparent" and "superficial"....

Thank God....my "time" was spent in the JC's!!

Date: December 19, 2010 08:09PM

From what I am currently reading about the COG, yes, thank God your "time in a cult" was spent with the JC's!

Date: December 19, 2010 08:17PM

Ha! How many times have we seen that strange thing at the end of a statement from Dave?

It is a strange thing to write, and I had not seen it before in my life. Dave writes Ha! as an expression of emphasis at the end of a sentence. I have often wondered about this curious writing style, which I have never seen before.

Now, I am going through some COG material, and guess what? The writer uses the same phrase as an exclamation at the end of a sentence. Ha!

The material I am reading is horrific, as it is the diary of a young girl writing a journal of the sexual abuse of a young boy. She is in The Family.

But her writing style, and the use of the word Ha! is identical to the way Dave uses it. I have never seen this before, and here it is, used by a young person brought up in the COG.

I know it is circumstantial, but I got the collywobbles when I saw it being used exactly the way Davejc uses it......

Date: December 19, 2010 08:33PM

I have to admit i wish Dave great success with his legal action.Brian and Rick ross need to know making up crap,will result in you being made accoutability.They are not untouchable. Sisi is a shining example of what one person can do when enough is enough. i pray dave's lawsuit bankrupts the corroupt RRI. I have nothing against anti cults sites.i just have an issue with the double standards.and rick letting the likes of loud mouths like brian and mal to cease their libel.

Glenn [jcs.xjcs.org]

Tsk...tsk! Poor Glenn's still having trouble with using a keyboard...

(always a slow and uncertain process when you only have the benefit of a "two finger technique" by which to tap away at it, with....)

...luckily having read much of what he has so laboriously posted, it is possible for me to gather what he means,

and so duly correct any errant key entries, on his part....

I have to admit I wish Dave great success with his anal action. David and I are at a sick loss, needing to know how to stop making up crap, that will result in us both being made to court incontinency .The arses are not untouchable. Shit is a shining example of what one person can do, when enough is enough. I pray dave's enema in his birthday suit bursts forth with an erupting RIP. I have nothing against excreting shit. I just have an issue, with my double stools, and like letting them loudly spout like brainless old Al, until they cease their locomotion.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 08:38PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: December 19, 2010 08:51PM

Malcolm, you are exceedingly crude, but funny.....! Dare I say Ha!

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 19, 2010 10:17PM

I read a bit on the newdaynews site, mainly letters bigging up the JC's as 'the cult that treated its members right,' from one David Freelance. It made me wonder if Davejc was using a pen name to trawl for new members there amongst the disillusioned COGs?
David Freelance even proudly uses the descriptor 'cult', a cult recruiter who has taken a leaf from the various civil rights movements and reclaimed a word as his own that was formerly used as a perjorative.

I've seen Davejc employ just this semantic change to normalise his unusual group and justify it to his members on his forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 10:25PM by Stoic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.