Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: July 04, 2008 10:15PM

Dave McKay SAYS "We wanted to make a point about the need for punishment" "We took it on ourselves"
Dave McKay DOES: Sue for 3 million dollars!

C'mon, sing along all you ex JC's (to the tune of the grace "Make us your Body"; or "We are his Body", depending on your era)

Guitar intro:

Make us some money,
Sue them with pride,
The punishment was forsaken,
Now Mammon is our bride,
We lay down with lawyers and judges, Christ denied

We thank you Johnson
We've got your Son,
Your cash we share (not really)
We laugh at you over there
Send us forth, Dave, to sue everyone everywhere

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 04, 2008 10:40PM

Dear CultMalleous,

I always considered "We are his body" (My Era) one of Ross's best efforts at song writing....however as has been pointed, while this melody remains enduringly popular within the JesusChristians,....

...its still hard you know, for the "body" of Christ to somehow incorporate Satans' arsehole. (Your version does though help address this anomaly for the JC's).....

...the fact that Davids' openly disregarding scriptures here ("Forgive your enemies"....is not exactly completely relevant as the Johnsons are in fact only the "enemies" that David has made for himself.....but I think the intent of the scripture remains an appropriate behavioural reference)....speaks worlds about how the existing membership of the Jeuschristians, while professing "Lord, Lord" are in reality little more than projections of David's (sick) psyche.....they are only just so much "organized crime"...now!

...the "Bible" of course was only ever a means to an ends to David's "self worship'....to be ultimately jettisoned as it "conflicted" with him!

Posted by: Talamasca ()
Date: July 06, 2008 08:07AM

The Jesus Christians are still making a big deal out of alleged similarities between themselves and the Quakers. Does any of this actually add up? Let's look at the main practices and beliefs of the Jesus Christians and see if any of it actually applies to Quakers:

Hanging around schools and inappropriately targeting minors? No.

Believing Jesus speaks to them through dreams? No.

Eating out of dumpsters? No.

Selling comics pushing bizarre end-time prophesy material? No.

Encouraging members not to contact families and friends? No.

Whipping? No thank you.

Masturbation? Certainly not.

Posted by: blacksheep ()
Date: July 06, 2008 08:49AM

Talamasca,

Near as I can tell, outside of the JC community, there are no Christian organizations that delves into and encourages those things you have listed. I might be wrong about this, but if so, it is because of ignorance. Here is my question: Would Jesus do or encourage any of those things listed? I think it very unlikely. Yes, McKay may try to argue the one on dreams, but those arguments will require a strong and well organized systematic hermaneutic if they are to have any value. Just because a few people here and there in scripture are given revelations by God in a dream doesn't mean that is how God always operates. Rather, it simply demonstrates how God can use dreams to show his will or fulfill a given purpose. Not all dreams are or should be interpretted as being a message from God. Exactly what is the criteria by which one can know if a dream is from God? Easy:

1. Repetition. If a dream is a message from God, it will be repeated several times.
2. Purpose. While it may not necessarily be obvious to the one who dreamed it, a dream will demonstrate an underlying theme or purpose.
3. Relevance. Unless it is in some way directly relevant to a given set of circumstances or events that the one who dreamed the dream is involved in, the dream is little more than a figment of the imagination.
4. Interpretation/clarification. Generally, the one who dreams a dream is not fully cognizant of what they dreamed or why. Even Jacob and Joseph did not always understand thier dreams. Sometimes God will provide one to interpret or he will bring about a change in the circumstances whereby the meaning of the dream becomes clear. Either way, prayer is and should be part of this.

However, it is still entirely possible for a dream to have all four of these things and still prove to be coincidental. One thing that we can be certain of is that if the interpretation of a dream calls for doing something that is contrary to scripture, then it is not from God.

I've read a couple of books regarding the interpretation of dreams. This is merely my interpretation of what I read. I accept that I may very likely be wrong. However, I don't know of anyone who is truly qualified to interpret dreams either.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 07, 2008 04:14AM

Funny how David seems to have disappeared. Where'd he go, I wonder? Into hiding maybe, now that his world is coming apart? Maybe he fled?

[welikejesus.com]

Posted by: Talamasca ()
Date: July 07, 2008 06:30AM

Those wonderful 'turn the other cheek'/'love thy neighbor' people at the Jesus Christians forum have responded to Brian's question about the JCs launching a 3 million dollar lawsuit. Here's what these lovely Christian people had to say:

"Now what you are clearing [sic] doing is stalking you nut job!!!" - PtolemyGlenn.

"Brian, you are disgusting." - Jayme.

"Evidence that Texas is a backward place." - Lisa Simpson.

"What you fail to realise is that your desperate effort are largely ignored and even dogs eventually tire of their barking." - wayseer.

"Attempts to reason with him need to be based farily [sic] clearly on rebuttals of the stupid things that he says." - casey.

What happened to Reinhard was a truly terrible thing, but ... how Christian is this hate campaign against Brian? And are the JCs actually going to answer the question?

Date: July 07, 2008 07:30AM

Get a straight answer? I think that monkeys will fly out of my nose sooner.

But regardless, I will persist in giving them the opportunity to answer me straight. They'll put me (and anybody else who shows up over there with too many uncomfortable questions) through the ringer, but they'll never answer a simple question with a simple answer. Thank you for your support.

Date: July 07, 2008 12:46PM

The last time that David posted was on the 2nd of this month. So it's been a few days since he has written anything publicly. Curious.

[welikejesus.com]

The news of Rinehard's lawsuit I put out on, let's see here...the 3rd of this month, and the COG stuff (that proves him a liar on that count) on the, whaddya know, also the third. And we have not heard from McKay since.

That's funny. What a coincidence. He ought to stick around to answer for himself, now that this new information has come to light.

Hahaha. We have him and his consort on the run. They can run, but they can't hide.

It's just like when you switch on the light and the cockroaches flee.

And the peanut gallery still won't give me a straight explanation for the million-dollar question. They can't, actually, because they are stuck.

How does the fact the they are pursuing litigation against the Johnsons not make David a liar and a hypocrite?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2008 12:49PM by zeuszor.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: July 07, 2008 05:25PM

I do not think Dave is doing a runner. Her likes conflict

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: July 07, 2008 05:25PM

I do not think Dave is doing a runner. He likes conflict

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.