Re: Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 24, 2007 05:50AM

English only, please. Or as we say here in Texas, neccisites tu Hablandas english aqui. Solamente, no Ebonics.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 24, 2007 06:18AM

Look, Free of DM, I apologize. It's just annoying to me is all. But you can say whatever you want, however you want to say it. My squashing your freedom of expression makes me in this instance no better than DM himself. You are not obligated to conform to my expectations. I meant no disrespect, and certainly was not attacking your ethnic heritage. No hard feelings?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2007 06:20AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 24, 2007 09:46AM

[welikejesus.com]

I would be interested to know the history of the word nephros, however, because I think in Bible times there was very little understanding about the organs of the body. So maybe nephros had some other meaning which we then applied to the kidneys.

[www.yourdictionary.com]

nephro- (nef¡är¨­, rə)

kidney nephrotomy, epinephrine

Etymology: < Gr nephros, kidney < IE base *negwhros, kidney, testicle > ME nere

So there you have it David. The Bible is clearly instructing the Jesus Christians to donate a testicle, not a kidney. They certainly knew about testicles.

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: November 24, 2007 10:22AM

Free of DM

Quote:

"Wen U say 'We appreciate your contribution.' Wat dose dat mean? Da 'We' ting?
Da Qween and big men speeks dat way. Sory fo intrudin man in yo yard."

Well, I'm no Qween (sic). So I guess that puts me in the big men category.lol.

But seriously, I simply meant I am sure everyone here (people who read the site) appreciate's your contribution. Thanks once again for bringing the site to our (the readers) attention.

Keep your contributions coming, if for nothing else, it will take the heat off me!

Date: November 24, 2007 12:34PM

There has been an interesting post by Brian on the Rick Ross forum, where he got really irate that Al had used a NWT Bible and come up with this laughable thing about the Bible mentioning the kidneys. But then Brian went off and checked a Greek dictionary or something, and actually came back and admitted that he was wrong, that the word used was "nephros", which actually means kidney. I was impressed that Brian actually admitted to being wrong, when he could have just deleted the whole post and saved himself some embarrassment.

I would be interested to know the history of the word nephros, however, because I think in Bible times there was very little understanding about the organs of the body. So maybe nephros had some other meaning which we then applied to the kidneys.

[welikejesus.com]

Good evening everyone.

Thank you, Blackhat, for digging deeper for the full definitions of nephros. "Testicle" was not among the words found in my Strong's Exhaustive. Good work. Interesting stuff.

To David: why should you be impressed that I admitted to making an error, and why should I be embarrassed over having made it? It's simple intellectual honesty. The fact remains that no Bible scholar or theologian worth anything would take the NWT seriously in any wise. You make light of it, as if looking in the Greek for an explanation is some light thing. I am glad that you did not think of it first, David. It didn't even occur to you to look at the Greek, did it?

Read some of this:

[www.bible.ca]

So to even mention the NWT in the context of this discussion as any reputable or reliable "translation", placing it alongside the established, respected translations is absurd and totally makes you look like an idiot. That book is a total waste of valuable forest, and not even worth its weight in dog poop.

I was impressed that Brian actually admitted to being wrong, when he could have just deleted the whole post and saved himself some embarrassment.

Gee, thanks, I appreciate that, David. At least I didn't edit the post to pieces so as to avoid looking stupid (not that I felt stupid in the first place), like you do with your more bizarre writings. Say, that reminds me: where did "Divine Authority" go? You never answered me on that. You are reading this David, so please tell us.

And it is so ironic that you commend me for admitting my mistake, when I cannot think of ONE SINGLE TIME that I can remember reading or hearing of you admitting having made a mistake, or admitting to having any fault or any bad behavior whatsoever. Wait a minute, that's because you never have!

You seem like you are totally justified in your own sight, in every respect. Is that not accurate?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2007 12:40PM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 24, 2007 04:30PM

Zeuszor:

"To David: why should you be impressed that I admitted to making an error, and why should I be embarrassed over having made it? It's simple intellectual honesty.....

At least I didn't edit the post to pieces so as to avoid looking stupid (not that I felt stupid in the first place), like you do with your more bizarre writings. Say, that reminds me: where did "Divine Authority" go? You never answered me on that. You are reading this David, so please tell us.

And it is so ironic that you commend me for admitting my mistake, when I cannot think of ONE SINGLE TIME that I can remember reading or hearing of you admitting having made a mistake, or admitting to having any fault or any bad behavior whatsoever."

This is the kernel of the matter. David never admits to anything, deletes posts and strives to appear God-like.

He also pointedly refrains from answering my repeated question:

Did a Quaker woman give you a substantial amount of money? What Quaker moneys have gone into the Kenya outpost? Do you use it to sell books and materials to raise money for the Jesus Christians?

David's refusal to respond to this question should be taken to the Quaker meetings which are reviewing his membership.

Posted by: free of DM ()
Date: November 24, 2007 05:47PM

Respek, Brite eyes nd Zeuso ya'll big men, zo big dat Zeus stil doh dmit dat ay post www.exfamily ere firsd.

Ere it iz

November 20, 2007 04:08PM

free of DM rote
Date Added: 10/31/2006

Was he called Tyrranus? (NT) Dave McKay???

In Reply to: Re: Ex member COG runs mock trial and flogging live on Fox posted by narrhanda on January 09, 2007 at 19:04:44:

[www.exfamily.org]

Den on

November 20, 2007 08:55PM

zeuszor rote
Date Added: 06/13/2006

Quote:
free of DM
Was he called Tyrranus? (NT) Dave McKay???

In Reply to: Re: Ex member COG runs mock trial and flogging live on Fox posted by narrhanda on January 09, 2007 at 19:04:44:

[www.exfamily.org]

Tyrranus!!!!! Dave!!!!

I get it now...are you saying that DMs' name in the COG was Tyrranus?

What does the (NT) stand for? Can somebody tell me please?

"The tyrant is a child of Pride
Who drinks from his sickening cup
Recklessness and vanity,
Until from his high crest headlong
He plummets to the dust of hope."

Wen U men dmit yo rong, DEN yo kan preech bout Dave neva dmitin he rong!

Brite eye, doh tank me fo de reeders ere, u R noT owr leeder.

da rgnal cru b4 U b diveerse liverpoolconcernedanaglyptamuppesunsetfrankathTDDave cultmalleusjackoskarinnyapostatexenormoderatorzeuszormatildasnugglesbradgladitzoverJonne

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: sWord ()
Date: November 24, 2007 09:35PM

[welikejesus.com]

In the evolution of language, objects have always helped to represent concepts. So the hand, for instance can indicate help, support, agreement or even marriage. The heart points to excitement and love, and also to the inside of things.

We use terms like intestinal fortitude, (i.e guts) and even balls to refer to ... intestinal fortitude.

In Hebrew, the word for womb - reHem, also means pity, compassion. Many people, even men, feel a nervous twinge in this area when they experience genuine strong compassion.

In Greek, the terms for several internal organs similarly represent feelings. The exact semantic boundaries of the terms for intestinal organs overlap to some extent. And yes, their understanding of the functions was not so advanced.

So we have 'splankhna' - intestines, heart, lungs, liver. Thought to be the location of both anger and love. Splankhna is used more often referring to affection, kindness, benevolence, compassion. (In Philemon:12, Paul refers to Onesimus as 'our own splankhna' - our love, dear friend).

Another word, 'oiktirmos' as an object refers to 'the bowels'. In Colossians 3:12 we have 'splankhna oiktirmou' which the simple-minded literalist would translate as 'stomach of bowels' where the real translators write 'bowels of mercies', or 'tenderhearted mercy'.

As for nephros, as an object it refers specifically to a kidney, and more generally to the loins, the parts one needs to protect. The emotional reference is to one's innermost thoughts and feelings'. So in Rev 2:23 we have 'I am he which searcheth the reins and the hearts', or 'thoughts and intentions'. The Greek has more concrete terms the 'kidneys and hearts'.

Someone, please reassure me DM isn't thinking of bending this verse to show that Jesus is looking for 'kidneys and hearts' for transplants.

Three other occurrences: Psalm 2:23 (upright of heart - kidney!), Jeremiah 11:20 ('... that triest the reins and the heart') and Jeremiah 17:10. The King James version uses 'reins' to represent kidneys/innermost-thoughts.

I'm sorry that I can't chart the semantic progress of reins. The Falkingham-Crofts used to have access to a very large Oxford Dictionary of the English Language. However the colon David McKay stole the whole set when he seduced Ashwyn into his cult. If you're reading this, colon, please look up the word 'rein' and let me know why KJV uses it where the Greek uses 'nephros'. You did keep the dictionary, didn't you? Or are you so dim that you sold it?

And, in reference to your obvious dimness, do I need to explain colon? The Greeks still use the word to refer to your type.

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: November 24, 2007 11:19PM

Free of DM. I understand what you are saying now! You want to be credited with letting the board know of the actual ex family site details first, not the particular post on it, that I was acknowledging Zeuszor for bringing to our attention.

Most people who have studied cults for a number of years and particularly, the Children of God would be aware of the site and do monitor it.

However, if you want credit for posting the site details on this board first, from me and not anyone else, so be it. Congratulations, great job.

Now Zeuszor would you please do the same? I'm feeling Free of DM needs some affirmation.

Posted by: free of DM ()
Date: November 25, 2007 12:10AM

Nah Nah brite eye, i b tellin bout dat post (not da site) dat ay bring ere nd Zeus repli 2
Shame man dat U kent dmit yo rong
Shame man dat U tell Zeusr wat 2 do
Hu need yo affimatio? Nah mee, nah free. I b departin now like al de oddez. 2 meny insul.
U big man nd studee *hit kultz, I zmall nd jus lef one.

Peas 2 rgnal cru liverpoolconcernedanaglyptamuppesunsetfrankathTDcultmalleusjackoskarinnyapostatexenormoderatorzeuszormatildasnugglesbradgladitzoverJonne
Ay m leevin brite eyes yard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2007 12:26AM by free of DM.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.