Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: June 15, 2007 12:26PM

Cinderella, if you post what country you're in, I could make a few suggestions of who you can contact to get further advice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 15, 2007 12:33PM

Oiseaux, regarding your involvement with the Quakers.

Perhaps you could explore further the extent (amounts) and purpose of the Quakers financial support for the Jesus Christians and to which entity they are directing the funds. By all means let us know what you find.

I am sure Dave won't mind being held accountable and his dealings being transparent. After all he's fairly keen on pointing out the errors of other groups, so he's probably got nothing to hide.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: June 15, 2007 03:18PM

ashwyn
apostate
Reconciliation entails recognition and acknowledgement of damage done. Dave has NEVER to my knowledge recognised or acknowledged any damage he has done to any person. He has a wake of destruction behind him. He has hurt many people and families through his constant false accusations, lies and bullying tactics.

I took back certain things I have said about Dave on this forum because he threatened his own child's reputation and career if I did not. That is an example of how bullying can cause someone take something back.

Why do you assume that taking something back could not be the result of Dave's bully boy tactics?

Ash said: Au contraire my dear friend, I never did anything of the sort. What I did was question your assumption that it could ONLY come from that.

And what I did was question your assumption that it did not. I know from experience that Dave uses bully boy tactics and have mentioned specifics of which you continually choose to ignore accusing me of bitterness instead.

Ash said: Your answer, and in particular the fact that you have completely ignored the real issue (whether the comments in question are false/hurtful or not) is very telling. Don't try to lecture people on how to reconcile if you are only interested in creating division yourself.

I, unlike you Ash, do not avoid the real issues. I note that you completely ignore the claims that have been made on the thread about the wake of destruction he has left behind him, instead choosing focus upon the "effect" as opposed to the cause. Dave did a similar thing when one of his swore at him for being so deceptive during the communal split in 97. The "swearing" by the son suddenly took on greater significance than the fact that Dave was throwing him out of his own rented house on to the street, along with other families that had young children and babies.

apostate
Do you like being in a community where the apostle has a little chuckle at someone referring to your mother as "Satan's whore" Ash? Is that what you are part of now?

Ash said: Craig, do you enjoy being part of a community that has referred to Dave as a paedophile, 'rockspider', 'endtime wanking virgin army apostle, appropriately annointed in his own seminal fluid', etc...?

The comments you so self righteously make mention of, (i.e. "rockspider/paedophile") were made in the context of responding to Dave McKays/Jesus Christians predatory pattern of engaging in secret meetings with minors (i.e. Joe @ age 16 when he first met the JC's) and their presence being kept secret from his parents until he turned 18 where they could then use the law of the land to justify their support of decision to join their group. The two years prior to Joe "forsaking" his parents consisted in the usual indoctrination against his parents, or their hope for Joe and his scholarship.

Note how I actually ANSWER your questions Ash. With regard to the "end time wanking army". You are part of a group which claims to be an "end time army" that does promote "wanking". Your group has an article called "wanking the last taboo" does it not? So it is not unreasonable to agree with your own claims about yourself in that you are an end time wanking army. Your mother has NEVER claimed to be "Satan's whore" so your assertions that what has been said on a JC parody site about the JC's is the same is nonsense.

Why try and damn Dave because he lightly chided someone who wrote offensive things on our forum? If you were offended, there was nothing stopping you from replying to Al's post on our forum yourself. What you did instead, was to document it as another piece of 'evidence' to be used in your hate campaign against Dave.

Why Damn the authors of the Parody JC website because they cited your own claims in a colourful fashion?

Why did I document it as yet more evidence of Dave's hateful behavior? Because it is further evidence. This man, who claims to be your "apostle" is laughing while supposedly "lightly chiding" someone who said your mother was "Satan's whore", and you defend this and take offence that I would document it. Get real Ash.

Oh yeah, by the way, I do not hate Dave.

Ash said: No matter how many times you tell yourself your actions are loving, I'm afraid it is painfully obvious to an outside observer, that bitterness is driving your actions in this scenario.

Keep telling yourself that Ash, and one day you will really believe it.

Posted by: cinderella ()
Date: June 15, 2007 08:36PM

Thanks malcom.We are all trying to be as understanding as we can.Like I said she is pretty closed and doesn't tell us what she is thinking but we are willing to do anything to help her.We are in Kenya.

Date: June 15, 2007 11:45PM

Cinderella, I couldn't find a link in Kenya. However, I suggest you contact Rev Adrian van Leen in Australia. Adrian is known as, the Policeman of Christianity. He has been studying religious groups, such as the Jesus Christians for many, many years.

He is not into deprogramming and has no baggage in the way of a seedy past,etc and has tons of educational qualifications in religious studies. He is not a cult apologist like some, so called cult experts in Australia.

He runs a Christian counter cult organisation known as Concerned Christians Growth Ministeries. Their web is: ccgm.org.au and email: ccgm@ccgm.org.au. He is familiar with the Mc Kay Family (Jesus Christians) has written about them and spoken to people who were planning to get involved with them.

I subscribe to his mailing list and send them news clippings and other information about cults that comes my way.

He may has some ideas for Kenya, I know he travels a bit giving lectures, etc.

Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: June 16, 2007 12:12AM

That counselor sounds like a good resource , privat eye. Cinderella, if the reverend is not available or does not do telephone consults, I know that Joe Szimhart ( you can find him on the internet) does telephone consults. He is non judgemental and a good listener , with a lot of information. Don't know if he knows about the Jesus Christians or not. You can see a video on the internet of his talking about the Ramtha group to get an idea of his style, and he has a website as well.Wishing you and your family all the best, Yasmin

Date: June 16, 2007 12:17AM

Looks like a guy called David from New Zealand on the hook over at Jesus Christians. Here's a guy who has a 2 year old son and a wife who is 8 months pregnant and is thinking whether he should be going out in faith, Jesus Christians style! Of course everybody's sending him helpful bible verses to aid his thinking process.

The posts under, Family are quite interesting in that David NZ asks about the Jesus Christians view of marriage and having children. Sue responds that she has a son nearly a teenager (in November, I think) However, when the Mc Kays respond, adopted children don't rate a mention.

If you look at the stats you could see why the Mc Kays would not be wanting their followers to be either married or have kids or not have kids if they marry. Virtually, all that have left are either married and/or have had kids and most of the couples (although not all) were members at one time.

Someone was asking the other day about people leaving, returning and then leaving. That has occured as well.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 16, 2007 12:51PM

1) Sue Gianstefani-what was her maiden name?
2) The man in the [i:4b3bbec3fa]Australian Story[/i:4b3bbec3fa] piece, with the Hawaiian shirt, at 3:30 and 3:45, what is his name?

Date: June 16, 2007 01:23PM

The Jesus Christians' 30 or so members: what are their names? Let's try and ID as many as we can. Also try to include where that individual is from if you can.

Date: June 16, 2007 01:29PM

Also their ages...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.